PDA

View Full Version : Questions raised by the Spanish GP:

Homem de Gelo
05-05-2003, 04:19 PM
1 - Does Renault have an excelent chassis, or is its performance due to a straight and close relationship with Michelin?

2 - Was Schumacher taking it easy, or is the F2003GA not as superior as the F2002 was last year?

3 - After compromising grid position in all races, due to fuel strategy, will this horrible weekend make McLaren change its approach towards the classification?

4 - Does Raikkonen have the nerves to fight back?

5 - How good is Alonso?

6 - Is there hope for Williams?

So, what do you guys think?

Wouter Melissen
05-05-2003, 11:36 PM
1+5: Alonso will be world champion next year with Renault, which would be fitting 20 years after Prost couldn't win the championship with Renault.

henk4
05-06-2003, 01:35 AM
1. Both
2. No
3. No
4. Yes
5. Very
6. Always

Homem de Gelo
05-06-2003, 08:00 AM
What puzzled me the most was the F2003GA. Last year, when the F2002 arrived at Spain, it made all other cars look hopelessly slow. It was actually humiliating to not have an F2002 at Spain last year.

This year, the F2003GA won in the hands of Schumacher, but Barrichello was quite easily outclassed by Alonso in his Renault, and that's because the Renault has a considerable hp deficit (at least everyone seems to agree on that). And it could have been worse, if Kimi hadn't screwed up qualifying and Trulli hadn't been dumb enough to ruin his and Coulthard's race.

So maybe what really makes Ferrari look good is Schumacher, and not a superduper car...

Meluion
05-07-2003, 12:44 PM
1- I think both; Mike Gascoyne has proven himself in the past, especially in his time with Jordan ('98-'99). The new tyre rules state that a tyre-manufacturer may deliver tyres which suit a team and it's cars best and Renault has been very good at it.

2- The F2003GA is not as superior as the F2002 last year. The gap between Ferrari and the rest at the end of a race has been far bigger than at the Spanish GP last weekend.

3- That's difficult to say... I hope, for them, they will!

4- He has proven himself he can cope with stressful situations; winning Malaysian GP for example. I think he has changed since the France GP last year.

5- I think he has what it takes to be a Worldchampion in the nearby future.

6- Not in this season, except if the designers come with a better aero-package.