PDA

View Full Version : E-class,5ser,A6,S-type....

kinan.f
05-06-2003, 01:51 AM
This category is such competitive one as many models are available today & the engines choices are wide:
Take Merc for instance beginning with 4 cyl unit(E 200)and going up to V8 unit(E500).
Few years back it was most dominated by BMW & Mercedes(talking on the world scale).But every manufacturer today has entered this category hoping to increase profits.
This category includes:
5ser,E-class,S-type,A6...and many more.
To choose between these cars is getting harder every day....
http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/specials/e_klasse_w211/pics/design.jpg http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/3junbmw1.JPG
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/02images/s-type_r2.jpg http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2002/audi.a6/02.audi.a6.30.front34.500.jpg

Of course there is a lot more but these,I think, are the main players.

Haboo
05-06-2003, 04:47 AM
I think the Jag S-type is the best among these ugly cars!:D

motorhead
05-06-2003, 08:12 AM
the audi - simple subtle conservative yet utterly beautiful looks. beautiful chassis, undienabialy bullet proof built quality and that nice "little" engine especially in the s6 and rs6 models. some say audi is about to reach the big boys such as bmw and mercedes benz and some say audi is on par - but as for me i think audi is way ahead of them, for sure and no regrets to what i said. AUDI RULES THE TEUTONIC LAND.

kinan.f
05-06-2003, 12:52 PM
It is such a tough challenge to choose between these babes!
The Jaguar is the queen of luxury,both E-class & 5ser join practicality & power & of course Technology.The Audi is just great as it has proved its reliability on roads....

elfangor
05-06-2003, 03:36 PM
The E-Class, great improvements and innovations through every generation. No surprise that's its the bestselling model of Mercedes ever.

kinan.f
05-07-2003, 02:19 AM
I've chosen the E-class.It is the most appealing to me especially after the improvements it recieved recently.

Nash
05-07-2003, 02:47 PM
1. 5-series
2. E-class
3. A6
4. S-type

ltauam
05-07-2003, 10:33 PM
1. BMW 5 series

2. Audi A6

3. Mercedes E class

4. Jaguar S Type

HIDMANX
06-10-2003, 11:49 AM
1. audi a/s/rs6, best design best performance, simply best car
2. BMW 5 far behind the audi comes the bmw just cause of the crappy handling
3. Jaguar, just cause its jag nothing to add here
4. Mercedes, worst design with the ugly headlights and no innovation at all.

motormaniac
06-10-2003, 11:32 PM
s-type, followed by the audi, then the merc

the jag and the audi r so much cooler than the other cars

motorhead
06-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by motormaniac
s-type, followed by the audi, then the merc

the jag and the audi r so much cooler than the other cars
but the jag can go to hell if you compare it to the audi

HIDMANX
06-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by motorhead

Wahoo :) !

This guy knows about cars :D

Go motorhead!

motormaniac
06-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by motorhead

ur juz plain bias towards the audi

i've sat and been driven in all these cars

and, the jaguar is more luxrious than the audi although the audi has a better interior

but the jaguar has a better ride

and u will find many journalists supporting me

one example to u motorhead

read the current autocar (singapore edition)

u'll noe wat i mean

motorhead
06-13-2003, 08:48 AM
ur juz plain bias towards the audi

i've sat and been driven in all these cars

and, the jaguar is more luxrious than the audi although the audi has a better interior

but the jaguar has a better ride

and u will find many journalists supporting me

one example to u motorhead

read the current autocar (singapore edition)

u'll noe wat i mean oh yeah you read one magazine and talk soooo much - go read the rest of the mags and by the way the s type is considered pathetic to the other three(you should know what i am talking about)they finally managed to fit a v8 into that poor little jag and they only got 400hp - bmw could get 400hp in an m5 which has been out for about 2-3 years and they did it the naturally aspirated way - you have sat in this three cars - SO WHAT - i bet everybody has and yes i have too and my experience in the jag was a short one because the interior for heaven sakes is damn cramped well thats because of its small outer dimentions but still its still small(boot is good though) - perhaps they could sacrifice boot space for passenger space - well youre right by saying i am biased towards audi but hell yeah why not - they are damn good right so what crap you talking about - the 5 series is a bloody icon and its just damn good - and the last merc - very fast but its design does not favour me - so goodluck to you and your AHEM s type

motormaniac
06-15-2003, 11:08 PM
well

unfortunetly it is very obvious that u copying wat jeremy clarkson said

and the s-type is not pathetic

u open ur eyes a little bit

it has more space then the audi

handles better

is more fun to drive

the audi is only more powerful and has a nicer inteior

and the jag's interior is much more comfortable

and u obviously do not understand wat i mean when i say u r bias towards audi

go understande that

then argue

HIDMANX
06-16-2003, 03:58 AM

it has more space then the audi

handles better

is more fun to drive

the audi is only more powerful and has a nicer inteior

and the jag's interior is much more comfortable

Woha its quite clear you haven't sit in both of these cars m8y.
Every point you made here is not true, please do some more researching before talking.

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by HIDMANX
Woha its quite clear you haven't sit in both of these cars m8y.
Every point you made here is not true, please do some more researching before talking.

erm

my immediate uncles( i have 2)

one owns a s-type

another a e-class

and my distant uncle owns a a6

and another one owns a 5 series

i have obviously sat in these car many times

and i know

so y don't u go and try sitting in those cars

then u argue

Kudosdude
06-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Motormaniac -> That is ever so convenient. You are lucky to have so many wealthy relatives :rolleyes:

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Kudosdude
Motormaniac -> That is ever so convenient. You are lucky to have so many wealthy relatives :rolleyes:

i'm noy being scarstic

they really do

ask motorhead

he know's

HIDMANX
06-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Hehe trying to flame me here dont go near there m8ty

I own a audi a3
My dad owns a audi a6
My brother owns a jaguar XJ (lucky ****ing bastard :D)
So i deffinately know alot about these two brands.

And yea my uncle owns a bmw 7 and 5 series (5 series cabrio for his wive), we were talking about the jag and the audi here.

We in holland are very tall so were the perfect test subject for the space in cars.
And i must say that i fit perfect in the audi, but i cant sit in the jag not in the back and not on passengers-side.
I must say i cant say anything too much about the handling only sat in it while my brother was testdriving but the motor made some weird english rattles.
And the interior looks very italian (read cheap).
Just face it, the S-Type is just a budget model and i think a spot on jag's brand.

RS6
06-16-2003, 12:35 PM
The Audi definately.

1. A6
2. E-Class
3. S-Type
4. BMW 5

You can't beat an RS6 Audi.

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by HIDMANX
Hehe trying to flame me here dont go near there m8ty

I own a audi a3
My dad owns a audi a6
My brother owns a jaguar XJ (lucky ****ing bastard :D)
So i deffinately know alot about these two brands.

And yea my uncle owns a bmw 7 and 5 series (5 series cabrio for his wive), we were talking about the jag and the audi here.

We in holland are very tall so were the perfect test subject for the space in cars.
And i must say that i fit perfect in the audi, but i cant sit in the jag not in the back and not on passengers-side.
I must say i cant say anything too much about the handling only sat in it while my brother was testdriving but the motor made some weird english rattles.
And the interior looks very italian (read cheap).
Just face it, the S-Type is just a budget model and i think a spot on jag's brand.

xj and s-type are two different cars if u have not noticed

HIDMANX
06-17-2003, 05:39 AM
xj and s-type are two different cars if u have not noticed

Should i take that seriously ???

XJ and S type is like a bmw 3 series and a bmw 7 series, dont tell me that i dont know the difference.

When my brother was in need of a new car he also did a testride in a S-Type, but he then bought a bwm 5 series and now he has an XJ, thats how i know about the S-type.

motorhead
06-17-2003, 10:49 PM
xj and s-type is like - 5 series and seven not three

motorhead
06-17-2003, 11:05 PM
motormaniac - so what if you have rich relatives - now days executive sedans are all over the place so i have to say its a common car - especially the e class and the 5 series not so for the s type and a6 - and by the way i am biased towards audi because hell yeah they are damn ****in good - and what about copying jeremy clarkson - great minds think alike my friend - i LOVED the rs6 even before you or he(jeremy) did - why you ask - because its damn ****in good and those looks - ever since the A6 came out i have likes it a lot and then the S6 then now the RS6 - audi has this very good model line up and their cars are very good - you go about talking about handling - ok - i know the audi rs6 is like a two dimentional car - it does not give you the ultimate driving involvement - like the 5 series or m5 if you prefer - but the m5 is manual and that 5 series chassis and look at BMWs moniker - its the ultimate driving machine - well they have to live up to that - right - the audi is about speed speed and more speed and a whole load of practicality too - i am biased towards audi and youre obviously biased towards jaguar(for the s-type) right - everyone has to support and dislike something you can't go around liking everything you know - now about space - it all depends on your body size and well i have to admit you are very thin and so you fit into anything and you are not that tall also - i am obviously bigger but not taller(same height i guess)thus i have the advantage of seeing which car has more space - i have sat ion the a4 and 3 series and i think the s type has just a bit more space then them - the a6 and the 5 series has much much more space - you can look at the exterior dimentions of the car and you put it beside the a6 or the 5 series the s type is quite small and that justifies everything - smaller exterior dimentions means smaller interior dimentions - well the s type is by no means small and cramp but it just does not give more space then the a6 5 series and the e-class

motormaniac
06-19-2003, 02:24 AM
motorhead-my relatives are not rich-juz the avergae singaporeans-nothing great abt owning those cars-proving a point to kudosdue-besides i am not baised towards the jag-u can like one car-but u r letting that affet ur opinion, do u get it?

motorhead
06-19-2003, 10:08 AM
well sorry to say this but - being biased to the a6/s6/rs6 is a very very good thing for your information - and besides everyone is a fan of something and i am for the audi so you have to respect that - and its my problem wheather i am biased or not so do not try to change my mind

motormaniac
06-19-2003, 07:53 PM
I SAID U R NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BIAS WHEN ARGUING!!!!

i don't care if it is a good thing for u

motorhead
06-20-2003, 09:00 AM
good don't care - so stop arguing - its not your problem anyway