PDA

View Full Version : Worst SUV ever

HemiCuda500
03-20-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm a car guy, pure and simple. I like the capablities of SUVs when they are capable! I drive a Hyundai Sante Fe V6 FWD and it's the most pathetic SUV I can imagine. My Tempo does better in the snow that it does! I've gotten stuck in 6 inches of snow before, and once on packed snow about 10 incline. It corners like sh!t, has wicked torque steer and is just generally a pathetic poser of an SUV. Does anybody have any stories of other useless SUVs?

bige321786
03-20-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm a car guy, pure and simple. I like the capablities of SUVs when they are capable! I drive a Hyundai Sante Fe V6 FWD and it's the most pathetic SUV I can imagine. My Tempo does better in the snow that it does! I've gotten stuck in 6 inches of snow before, and once on packed snow about 10 incline. It corners like sh!t, has wicked torque steer and is just generally a pathetic poser of an SUV. Does anybody have any stories of other useless SUVs?

sell it.

Doza
03-20-2004, 09:50 PM
is just generally a pathetic poser of an SUV.
90% of SUV's only offroad in the Walmart parking lot when they hit a pothole. Also, it's a Hyundai, which means you probably didn't take too much of a hit in the pocket for it, so expect what you pay for. Hyundai=Kia. You can't expect the capabilities of a Hummer or Jeep in something that cheap. If you want a capable but cheap SUV, then buy one that has some rust on it.

Slicks
03-20-2004, 10:09 PM
:rolleyes: FWD SUVs... That kinda takes the point away from having an SUV, its just like a really big car then, not a multiple purpose truck. Anyway another useless SUV i have to bring up is the honda crv. Thats another FWD pathetic excuse for a utility vehicle. You cant tow anything with it, you can go off road with it, you can only drive it and take up space on the road, you may as well get a van, atleast most of them can tow...

fpv_gtho
03-21-2004, 12:01 AM
if these SUV's are so crap, then why are people continuing to buy them, the SUV market has the largest growth for car sales

MikeMcLarenF1
03-21-2004, 12:18 AM
someone in the states did a survey... MOST ppl (not all) drive SUV's because they're CONVINCED in their mind that it's safer.... "oh, I mite crash, accidents DO happen, so lets get a big car so when I hit another car I wont die." well.... partly true, but did u know this? ppl killed BY SUV in a crash (not IN SUV) is 10 ppl, verses 3 ppl BY small cars in crashes.

SUV's are big. lots of momentum. if it hits a small car, the passengers of small car will most likely to suffer great injuries, if not fatal. and lets see... Passive safety claims made by SUV adverts are also just pure crap, they tip over when u corner too fast or when u blow a tire @ high speeds.

to me, the safest aid for driving is become a better driver. of course, not everyone wud do that, so lets just all drive the smaller cars. small car hit small car, safer than big car hit anycar.

HemiCuda500
03-21-2004, 06:08 AM
If I owned it I would sell it. It's one of our work vehicles. I hate it so much I drive a 2000 Cavalier instead. No A/C, tape deck, manual windows, motor is just about had it, but it's much better in bad weather, as long as the snow doesn't get too deep. The sante Fe has a/c, CD, power everything, but it aggravates me to no end. I can honestly say it is a completely worthless vehicle. An accent would be better.

henk4
03-22-2004, 05:02 AM
Coming back to the original question, this is impossible to answer. To my best knowledge there is no yardstick available that can differentiate between various qualities of shit.

Zambia
03-22-2004, 06:43 AM
I am open to correction here but i believe the Santa Fe is either 4wd or FWD it cannot switch between the two like most SUVs and it is basically a cheap jeep it sells very well over here as such. But is never given much credit.

Here are what I consider valid reasons for wanting a 4wd
1:) I just bloody want one
2:) I am a farmer
Here are what I consider invalid reasons for wanting a 4wd
1:) It snows
2:) I have a kid and i need the space, this means your prams to big
3:) Safety (buy a volvo)
4:) Speed (buy a subaru)
5:) Commercial space (Buy a van)
6:) Some rapper has one
7:) Icould go on

HemiCuda500
03-22-2004, 07:08 AM
Coming back to the original question, this is impossible to answer. To my best knowledge there is no yardstick available that can differentiate between various qualities of shit.

:D :D :D :D :D
True, True

HemiCuda500
03-22-2004, 07:15 AM
I am open to correction here but i believe the Santa Fe is either 4wd or FWD it cannot switch between the two like most SUVs and it is basically a cheap jeep it sells very well over here as such. But is never given much credit.

Here are what I consider valid reasons for wanting a 4wd
1:) I just bloody want one
2:) I am a farmer
Here are what I consider invalid reasons for wanting a 4wd
1:) It snows
2:) I have a kid and i need the space, this means your prams to big
3:) Safety (buy a volvo)
4:) Speed (buy a subaru)
5:) Commercial space (Buy a van)
6:) Some rapper has one
7:) Icould go on

I would consider "It snows" to be an acceptable reason for owning one. I live in Canada and if our Sante Fe had 4wd, I would probable love it. It doesn't, and it doesn't even have a LSD in the front. We've had many storms this winter where is snowed up to about a foot in one night (30 cm). I guess I'm just pissed because I've had to dig it out many times. When you're on your back under the vehicle, trying to scrape hard-packed snow from underneath the carriage, it tends to dampen your enthusiasm.

henk4
03-22-2004, 07:20 AM
I would consider "It snows" to be an acceptable reason for owning one.

I was just wondering: does it ever snow in Ireland?

HemiCuda500
03-22-2004, 07:27 AM
I was just wondering: does it ever snow in Ireland?

I think it's safe to say yes, proabably more than we get. They are at a higher latitude. (52 vs 45)

Slicks
03-22-2004, 07:39 AM
someone in the states did a survey... MOST ppl (not all) drive SUV's because they're CONVINCED in their mind that it's safer.... "oh, I mite crash, accidents DO happen, so lets get a big car so when I hit another car I wont die." well.... partly true, but did u know this? ppl killed BY SUV in a crash (not IN SUV) is 10 ppl, verses 3 ppl BY small cars in crashes.

Yeah i hate people who look at it that way. But i think most people see it as a great mulitpurpose vehicle. With the SUV you can carry alot of people people like a van, you can toe things like a truck can, most are pretty luxurious, they have 4WD to go off road for fun or to toe in harsh weather. Their like a combonation of a truck, and a van, but smaller and more sporty.

Matra et Alpine
03-22-2004, 08:38 AM
I think it's safe to say yes, proabably more than we get. They are at a higher latitude. (52 vs 45)
True, but like Scotland it gets the benefits of the warm Gulf stream on the coast. So it takes a pretty sold European weather front to affect us a lot.
Even when we get a heavy fall ( 6" would be a lot ) then it usually doesn't last long :)

NoOne
03-22-2004, 08:58 AM
I am not anti-SUV when they are used to their capabilities, off-road use, hauling around a large family while towing a trailer or boat. They get a bad rep when used only on pavement, I work with a guy who stores his SUV in the winter so it does not get subjected to roadsalt and the possibility of paint scratches.

If minivans weren't deemed to be so "uncool" SUV's may have stayed a very small market segment ... likewise, if 20+ yrs ago stationwagons weren't made out to be just as uncool, then the minivan may never have been manifested. This in turn may have meant the demise of NCC (New Chrysler Corporation ... not to be confused with OCC - Old Chrysler Corp. whereas OCC made good, solid, performance cars for enthusiasts and NCC makes cheaply made, zero inspirational "lane fillers") ... if I may continue my rant ;) ... this could possibly have meant that Chrysler would not have acquired Jeep/Eagle, which in turn could have meant the end of the Jeep Cherokee which along with RangeRover (and Landrover) is the Grand daddy(s) of all SUV's.

So the people who are to blame for all the millions of pavement pounding SUV's are the people who were too cool to drive a stationwagon !!

I have probably taken a few liberties, but they are a result of the silent rage within me since my Tiburon was written off by a full size SUV ... luckily I was not driving, the car was in a parking spot at work when we had a bit of a snow storm that caused MR. SUV to "slip/slide" into the side of my car.

How about a smilie for "cracking open another cold beer"? :cool:

henk4
03-22-2004, 09:21 AM
So the people who are to blame for all the millions of pavement pounding SUV's are the people who were too cool to drive a stationwagon !!

I like this line very much, I drive a stationwagon and therefore I am not to blame.

(Have to keep my rep points in reserve, as the site police forces me again to spread them elsewhere first!)

HemiCuda500
03-22-2004, 09:26 AM
I am not anti-SUV when they are used to their capabilities, off-road use, hauling around a large family while towing a trailer or boat.

If minivans weren't deemed to be so "uncool" SUV's may have stayed a very small market segment ... likewise, if 20+ yrs ago stationwagons weren't made out to be just as uncool, then the minivan may never have been manifested. This in turn may have meant the demise of NCC (New Chrysler Corporation ... not to be confused with OCC - Old Chrysler Corp. whereas OCC made good, solid, performance cars for enthusiasts and NCC makes cheaply made, zero inspirational "lane fillers") ... if I may continue my rant ;) ... this could possibly have meant that Chrysler would not have acquired Jeep/Eagle, which in turn could have meant the end of the Jeep Cherokee which along with RangeRover (and Landrover) is the Grand daddy(s) of all SUV's.

I have probably taken a few liberties, but they are a result of the silent rage within me since my Tiburon was written off by a full size SUV ... luckily I was not driving, the car was in a parking spot at work when we had a bit of a snow storm that caused MR. SUV to "slip/slide" into the side of my car.

How about a smilie for "cracking open another cold beer"? :cool:

Well put. I share your respect for SUVs when they are used as they were intended. I remember an article in Truck Trend where they put many SUVs through a torture test across the most rugged parts of the USA to determine which one was best. Cadillac's Escalade got stuck in some sand because of the computer-controlled suspension/traction control kept shifting around the torque to avoid wheelspin, and then ended up with no power to the wheels! This happened to none of the others in the test, with more conventional transfer cases and locking differentials.

That is what bothers me the most about some modern SUVs, manufacturers are now making SUVs with mild, car-like features, luxury amenities and options that they've now just an image instead of being truly capable.

This isn't true about the top SUVs that have staked their reputation on off-road capabilities. I believe the Hummer H1 is still the most capable off-road SUV on the planet, with the Land Rover and Mercades G-Wagon close behind. I think they are the only 3 that have 3 fully-locking differentials (front, back, and the one that connects the front and back)

P.S. The NCC did make a few cars that I thought were cool and fun. Ex: Daytona, Spirit R/T, and OMNI GLHS

Matra et Alpine
03-22-2004, 09:41 AM
... I believe the Hummer H1 is still the most capable off-road SUV on the planet, with the Land Rover and Mercades G-Wagon close behind.
IIRC thre was a test last year and the LR still won on worst terrain because it had higher axle articulation. Another friend does LR and RR off-road trials, I'll ask him :) My off-road is limited to trying to tow horses around muddy fields for shows :)

henk4
03-22-2004, 10:07 AM
My off-road is limited to trying to tow horses around muddy fields for shows :) Many drivers will use horses to tow their SUV's around.

byronleehk
03-22-2004, 10:50 AM

Here you go... :p

MikeMcLarenF1
03-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Here you go... :p

HAHAHAHA :D seen those around, yes to me the SUV's wont perform anywhere better than those 2 :p :p

Spastik_Roach
03-22-2004, 10:12 PM
This thread explains slow sales of the Land Cruiser 70 Series and the Land Rover Defender (which are both brilliant cars in thier own special way). Where is the love? I have just recently seen them both in the flesh at a farming show I went to and you have to admire how tough and practical they are.

Personally, the worst SUV has to be the Pontiac Aztek. That makes me cringe whenever I see a picture of it.

http://www.houstonlandroverclub.com/images/yellow_defender_big.jpg

http://www.brian894x4.com/images/InnovationHZJ75b.jpg

crisis
03-22-2004, 11:37 PM
A Hyundai anything is a grade A piece of shit. Whenever I see a Santa Fe or a Terracan (perfect name) I shudder at the lack of credibility it says about the owner. Bad luck if its a company car I suppose. But with any car I purchase , I research what is available and what is suited to my requirements. When I bought my first 4x4, I read up and asked as many questions of owners as I could. By the time I could afford my next one which would be for a family of four the choice was fairly narrow. Even now with the vast array of 4 wheel drives available from all the manufacturers, my next 4x4 will be another Landcruiser. Payload, reliability, strength and off road ability. For a list of shitty 4x4s or SUVs, try those previously mentioned, Ssang Yong Musso, Ford Exploder, any Merc, BMW, Porsche, Audi, and whichever other cynical manufacturer wants to augment their line up with a "me too" model. The latest Holden Adventra and most likely the Ford Territory. Honda anything, for offroad use something really big like a F250, Suburban, Ram or many American "trucks" ( I accept their usefullness for towing however). Basically anything that has less than 400mm ground clearance, no low range, monocoque chassis and less than 70 profile tyres (preferably on 16" rims).
However this is my personal opinion. Should anyone buy any of these if they just "want" one. Well why not? Take a look throught the hundreds of cars on this site and find an example of a sensible, functional vehicle that performs the duties of pure transportation and eschews excessive styling, power, fuel consumption and I'll find you a boring car.

fpv_gtho
03-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Basically anything that has less than 400mm ground clearance, no low range, monocoque chassis and less than 70 profile tyres (preferably on 16" rims)

even though you've stated this is your own opinion, i guess youve relised that standard 100 series Landcuisers only have aroun 230mm ground clearance, i guess thats why your 80 series has the 2" lift kit

Zambia
03-23-2004, 06:30 AM
True, but like Scotland it gets the benefits of the warm Gulf stream on the coast. So it takes a pretty sold European weather front to affect us a lot.
Even when we get a heavy fall ( 6" would be a lot ) then it usually doesn't last long :)

Well it has only hinted at snow once this year , and that dis not really come to much. So the answer is no it only really snows once every 2 years enough to justify a Jeep. Hence its in the bad reason bracket. Ireland however has a huge amount of jeeps most popular being the Mitsubishi L200 , Mercedes M , BMW X5, Toyota Landcruisers. Range rovers However annoy me they are constantly driven by people who cant see over the wheel!!!

It rains constantly though.

But after all that was said I drive a 4wd myself , for reason 1 I just always wanted one.

SPHFerrari
03-23-2004, 02:15 PM
the worst SUV has to be the Honda Element. Essentially it is a metal and plastic box on wheels that will never do more offroading than your everyday sedan. that is the ugliest thing on wheels 2day! why would sum1 buy this thing? it must have offroad capabilities as bad as a Geo ( i cant help but laigh at Geos, haha,what a funny little car) :)

crisis
03-23-2004, 04:53 PM
even though you've stated this is your own opinion, i guess youve relised that standard 100 series Landcuisers only have aroun 230mm ground clearance, i guess thats why your 80 series has the 2" lift kit
Ok , slight exageration, but you are right. Even the Landcruisers standard ride hight is a little low. But you see what I mean. Some of these things dont have any bash plates or if they do , plastic ones. Ive dragged the guts of my thing over plenty of rocks etc before and after raising it. Up to now , I have'nt broken anything.

Spastik_Roach
03-23-2004, 08:35 PM
The Element looks like the sorta car you see on the lawn of a really bung house, or in a paddock, except they charge you money (too much) for it.

fpv_gtho
03-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Ok , slight exageration, but you are right. Even the Landcruisers standard ride hight is a little low. But you see what I mean. Some of these things dont have any bash plates or if they do , plastic ones. Ive dragged the guts of my thing over plenty of rocks etc before and after raising it. Up to now , I have'nt broken anything.

Well not only that, but ride height isnt the only thing that defines a vehicles off road capabilities. As you've said many times or at least implied, your Landcruiser with around 270mm ride height, taking into account the 2" lift kit, would be going places you wouldn't reach with 400m ride height and no transfer case. Also the Landcruisers have fairly short overhangs which also benefit off road. Not trying to put Holden down, but i think they really werent expecting many people to take the Adventra off road or at least on some bush tracks which is probably what the hardware at least is built for. Simply jacking up a wagon isn't a good solution and although Ford were trying to enter the same market with the Territory, they at least came up with a new body with a longer wheelbase than the Falcon, but shorter overall length which is reflected in the short overhangs. Although the Territory is let back by no transfer case and 176mm ride height

crisis
03-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Also the Landcruisers have fairly short overhangs which also benefit off road.
Not to mention live axles in the case of 80s and early 100 series which also contributes to better ground clearance. No 4x4 without low range can really be considered for serious off road work. Climbing and descending steep inclines is difficult, dangerous and unconfortable at high speeds required by high range.

fpv_gtho
03-23-2004, 11:17 PM
i had thought about the live axles but of course failed to mention it. do the 100 series come with independant front suspension now or something, i dont see any other reason why you would refer to the 100 series with live axles as the early ones for anything other than that,

i guess though theres going to be alot of publick outcry the day toyota announces the Landcruiser is having a Monocoque chassis and fully independant suspension all round, like the Pajero

crisis
03-23-2004, 11:48 PM
i had thought about the live axles but of course failed to mention it. do the 100 series come with independant front suspension now or something, i dont see any other reason why you would refer to the 100 series with live axles as the early ones for anything other than that,

i guess though theres going to be alot of publick outcry the day toyota announces the Landcruiser is having a Monocoque chassis and fully independant suspension all round, like the Pajero
Apparently Australia was the last bastion of front and rear live axle Landcruisers. I believe that all other countries had torsion bar front ends. When the V8 took over in Asutralia, that signaled the end of front live axles and its torsion bar city for us now too.

fpv_gtho
03-23-2004, 11:51 PM
im not at all familiar with torsion bars, all i know is that they were put on the rear end of the original VW Beetles.

crisis
03-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Here tis courtesy of Google.

Deckard
03-24-2004, 04:51 PM
This email went round sometime ago and still rings true.

Bumper Stickers for 4WD

"Good Luck: There may be something in front of me"
"This 4WD was made from 100 recycled regular sized cars"
"I wish my dick was as big as my car"
"Beware 4WD"
"Urban Assault Vehicle"
"Never seen bush"
"I pay the same as you to use twice as much road"

Top 10 Reasons to buy a 4WD

10: You have a small dick.

9: Lets you double park wherever you like because you’ve put your ‘hazard lights’ on!

8: You know you are never going to get laid again so you need to tell the world in another way you have a small dick.

7: You consider animals, pedestrians, motorcyclist etc as speed humps.

6: If you do happen to be ‘off road’ you like to destroy as much natural flora and fauna as you can.

5: You like to 'live on the edge’ by driving a truck (4WD) that has a high probability of rolling over.

4: You have a small dick.

3: You are a shithouse driver and need a lot of metal around you.

2: You have a gravel driveway so you need a 4WD to get you out of those ‘big’ potholes.

1: You have a really small dick.

fpv_gtho
03-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Here tis courtesy of Google.

it doesnt look like theres all that much room for the front axle to fit in there but in a way i guess it could be considered more compact than the previous system

crisis
03-25-2004, 10:15 PM
it doesnt look like theres all that much room for the front axle to fit in there but in a way i guess it could be considered more compact than the previous system
Thats not a Cruiser. Who cares about compact. I want hard core.

henk4
03-25-2004, 11:54 PM

I'll try to google a picture of the suspension of my avatar, that ran on torsion bars, but these were French so I am not sure if they count.

fpv_gtho
03-26-2004, 03:41 AM

well do you want to petition Toyota to go back to leaf springs all around or do you like the coils on you 80 series? i for one think that for a hardcore 4x4 like the cruiser, torsion bars are not suitable

Matra et Alpine
03-26-2004, 04:33 AM
I'll try to google a picture of the suspension of my avatar, that ran on torsion bars, but these were French so I am not sure if they count.
Here's the Bagheera's.
( It 'borrowed' the torsion suspension from the Renault parts bin :) Unfortunately they then modified much of it so it became non-standard and parts hard to find - only the French would od THAT :)

Zambia
03-26-2004, 06:03 AM
This email went round sometime ago and still rings true.

Bumper Stickers for 4WD

"Good Luck: There may be something in front of me"
"This 4WD was made from 100 recycled regular sized cars"
"I wish my dick was as big as my car"
"Beware 4WD"
"Urban Assault Vehicle"
"Never seen bush"
"I pay the same as you to use twice as much road"

Top 10 Reasons to buy a 4WD

10: You have a small dick.

9: Lets you double park wherever you like because you’ve put your ‘hazard lights’ on!

8: You know you are never going to get laid again so you need to tell the world in another way you have a small dick.

7: You consider animals, pedestrians, motorcyclist etc as speed humps.

6: If you do happen to be ‘off road’ you like to destroy as much natural flora and fauna as you can.

5: You like to 'live on the edge’ by driving a truck (4WD) that has a high probability of rolling over.

4: You have a small dick.

3: You are a shithouse driver and need a lot of metal around you.

2: You have a gravel driveway so you need a 4WD to get you out of those ‘big’ potholes.

1: You have a really small dick.

Did a 4wd by chance run you over some day, The small dick joke goes with most decent cars. I reckon over compensating with a Ferrari would be a much bigger crime ?

henk4
03-26-2004, 06:25 AM
most people have smaller dicks than they want to admit anyway. :)

Zambia
03-26-2004, 06:30 AM
most people have smaller dicks than they want to admit anyway. :)

Good piont .... ;)

crisis
03-28-2004, 06:09 PM
well do you want to petition Toyota to go back to leaf springs all around or do you like the coils on you 80 series? i for one think that for a hardcore 4x4 like the cruiser, torsion bars are not suitable
Coils actually allow better wheel travel than leaf springs. More comfortablea nd less troubl too.. Torsion bars are a serious compromise. Good reason to get a front diff lock.

fpv_gtho
03-28-2004, 06:15 PM
well my dad rathers the coilds being on his landcruiser and says they arent succeptible to as much body roll, and with the noise his one tonner makes and the amount of daily driving the landcruiser does i guess you wouldnt want the suspension clunking around deciding what to do.

the whole idea of torsion bars to me, especially in a landcruiser, doesnt sit well. they just look like something that any minute could just break. those who use landcruisers 100% offroad are probably dreading how little km's its going to take for either a replacement to be needed or until they break

crisis
03-28-2004, 06:26 PM
the whole idea of torsion bars to me, especially in a landcruiser, doesnt sit well. they just look like something that any minute could just break. those who use landcruisers 100% offroad are probably dreading how little km's its going to take for either a replacement to be needed or until they break
They are pretty tough. Four Runners and others have had them for ages. Its just that you dont get much wheel travel.

fpv_gtho
03-28-2004, 06:31 PM
well im surprised to hear that about the 4runners, but i guess with little wheel travel your in for a bumpy ride

crisis
03-28-2004, 11:54 PM
well im surprised to hear that about the 4runners, but i guess with little wheel travel your in for a bumpy ride
The ride is actually ok. When I say limited wheel travel I mean relatively. It would have more wheel travel than an ordinary coil sprung sedan. Limited in an off road sense actually means that you hang wheels in the air when traversing severely uneven ground. This means the wheel "freewheels" and you dont move anymore. Traction control systems on newer 4x4s and SUVs overcome this in varying degrees as do diff locks. High lift suspension also increases wheel travel keeping all four wheels firmly planted. Some people go to extremes of course.

fpv_gtho
03-29-2004, 12:21 AM
attention all soccer mums: thats what an SUV's built for

Gabman
03-29-2004, 02:12 AM
:rolleyes: FWD SUVs... That kinda takes the point away from having an SUV, its just like a really big car then, not a multiple purpose truck. Anyway another useless SUV i have to bring up is the honda crv. Thats another FWD pathetic excuse for a utility vehicle. You cant tow anything with it, you can go off road with it, you can only drive it and take up space on the road, you may as well get a van, atleast most of them can tow...
It's like the Toyota RAV4. The cheapest version has a 1.8 I4 engine and FWD. It must be really embarrasing to actually get stuck somewhere.

Also the BMW X3 (I think, could have been the X5) has been tested in an actual offroad situation, it did like 3km per liter fuel.

All in all I don't get the idea of offroaders not meant to go off road...

Zambia
03-29-2004, 02:39 AM
It's like the Toyota RAV4. The cheapest version has a 1.8 I4 engine and FWD. It must be really embarrasing to actually get stuck somewhere.

Also the BMW X3 (I think, could have been the X5) has been tested in an actual offroad situation, it did like 3km per liter fuel.

All in all I don't get the idea of offroaders not meant to go off road...

I could not agree more take a Honda Civic stretch & F**K up the body work , slight jack up the axle . And you have a crv , I think they actually come with car seats a standard And i have never seen a commercial version hence they cant tow crap. The new Rav 4 looks well and lets face if you want off road capabilities its a not a smart buy. However i have never testred this.

I however have nothing but good things to say about the little suzuki vitara original . I took this up the side of a mountain(or big F-ing hill) in Ko Samui , Thailand and it performed very well.) Bearing in mind it was not that muddy

fpv_gtho
03-29-2004, 02:43 AM
well it wouldve been about a year ago and i was at this wreckers in the Blue Mountains here, and this CRV was there that looked as if it had been in an accident, although i think its hard to explain. anyway, the complete suspension assembly for one of the rear tiryes had been completely torn away from the bodywork and the rear end was just sitting there on the ground