PDA

View Full Version : Pagani Zonda F spotted in Paris

Piacki_117
06-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I tried to do my best for the pics but it wasn't easy...

Cotterik
06-27-2006, 09:31 AM
yummy! :D

Wouter Melissen
06-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Another Pagani owner who could not afford a decent paintjob. What a waste of a good car.

Piacki_117
06-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Some more...

Fermish
06-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Holy crap! Thanks a million for this.

Ferrer
06-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Another Pagani owner who could not afford a decent paintjob. What a waste of a good car.
Couldn't agree more, what do people see in naked carbonfibre? Don't they know it looks ridicolous?

Piacki_117
06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
And the last pics...

Zondaboy1
06-27-2006, 09:44 AM
i completely dissagree. i like how it looks with plain cf but it just looks way better with paint

great shots man, nice spot too. im incredibly jealous btw

on the last picture does someone see a bird shit between the nose cone and the left headlights?

Piacki_117
06-27-2006, 09:46 AM

Plus it costs €72,000 if I remember well... :rolleyes:

Jack_Bauer
06-27-2006, 09:49 AM
So it costs about the same as a Porsche 997 Carrera just for them to not bother paining it?! Ludicrous :eek:

Fermish
06-27-2006, 09:50 AM

Extra money for not painting the car? That doesn't sound like Pagani:rolleyes:

Smithy
06-27-2006, 09:53 AM
that looks familiar...is that by all of the embassies and the rich shopping district? when I was there in May I saw a Maybach 62 on a street that looks almost identical to that one...

Piacki_117
06-27-2006, 10:04 AM
that looks familiar...is that by all of the embassies and the rich shopping district? when I was there in May I saw a Maybach 62 on a street that looks almost identical to that one...

It was in Rue du Faubourg - St-Honoré (Paris 8). Near L'Elysée (French "Government")

Souljah
06-27-2006, 10:39 AM
yeah it would look better with paint...but i dont care....it'z tha F and that enough......

Sauc3
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
So it costs about the same as a Porsche 997 Carrera just for them to not bother paining it?! Ludicrous :eek:
I believe it costs that much because it takes a lot more effort to get CF in an eye-catching pattern and finish. A painjob would just have a "raw" CF shell, and because there's paint over it, it doesn't matter what the pattern looks like.

IWantAnAudiRS6
06-27-2006, 10:49 AM
i completely dissagree. i like how it looks with plain cf but it just looks way better with paint

great shots man, nice spot too. im incredibly jealous btw

on the last picture does someone see a bird shit between the nose cone and the left headlights?
Totally and utterly agreed!

You're right on all counts here... and that's one disrespectful pigeon!

bmwpower
06-27-2006, 10:50 AM
The only colour i would consider taking over the carbon fibre would be orange (for any of you who watch top gear)..but even then it would be a very tough choice. No cars are offered in just a Carbon fibre body and its weave looks very nice..if ur paying for carbon fiber, make sure ppl know it is carbon fiber :p

PS: that's a good explaination for why it costs so muc more Sauc3 but i want to know if it can be verified..

Rockefella
06-27-2006, 10:54 AM
The CF is a tough choice for me, but I can't say it doesn't look good. I guess if it came down to it, I'd go with paint though.

NSXType-R
06-27-2006, 11:00 AM

There's nothing wrong with plain carbon fiber though. I think it looks quite tasteful. Great pics by the way. :)

rev440
06-27-2006, 11:04 AM
That looks amazing thanks!

Gardin
06-27-2006, 11:09 AM
A stunning looking car, thumbs up for some very good pictures. Personally I would have it painted, but it does look very nicy like this too...

ruim20
06-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Couldn't agree more, what do people see in naked carbonfibre? Don't they know it looks ridicolous?

Does polished aluminium suck, does gold suck, or silver? what's the problem of keeping it cf?

Ferrer
06-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Does polished aluminium suck, does gold suck, or silver? what's the problem of keeping it cf?
In my opinion it makes the car look cheap, like the owner is trying too hard. I mean come on let's face it, carbonfibre is nothing more than plastic... ;)

RacingManiac
06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
No preping of the CF surface if you were to paint over it....

At any rate though, I think bare carbon looks quite good....though only when you are a foot away, because any other time it'll just be black and nothing special...

jorismo
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
When did you take that pics?!? I was there last sunday at the same f**king hotel. All we saw were a S-Class and a few Quattro's...

magracer
06-27-2006, 12:03 PM
I think proper Carbon Fibre looks amazing and the Zonda looks amazing in it. What I don't like at all is fake CF parts, or CF usage for no real purpose but only to show the material off.

Edit: Great shots BTW

Piacki_117
06-27-2006, 01:03 PM
When did you take that pics?!?
This morning. :p

Nice hotel btw. Pretty expensive.

Zorlox
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM
In my opinion it makes the car look cheap, like the owner is trying too hard. I mean come on let's face it, carbonfibre is nothing more than plastic... ;)

plastic and carbon*

nopassn
06-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I like the CF w/out paint

and it doesn't look like bird shit, looks like he hit a bug... the splatter starts at the front of the car and spreads toward the rear. If it were bird shit, it would either have run down the front of the car (because of the angle) or made a radial splatter.

The_Canuck
06-27-2006, 01:49 PM

and it doesn't look like bird shit, looks like he hit a bug... the splatter starts at the front of the car and spreads toward the rear. If it were bird shit, it would either have run down the front of the car (because of the angle) or made a radial splatter.
or you know he got hit with bird poo going around hmm maby 30? not too fast that it made a long streak but fast enough thaty it spread.

6'bore
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM
The CF looks amazing..Thanks or the pictures you lucky bastard lol

mikelzapi3
06-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Great pics

Perhaps i would take the CF, you save some weight on paint ! :D ,
i don't care how it looks, if it's fast...performance is the most important for me

Smithy
06-27-2006, 03:31 PM
lol, wash your car more, you'd be able to tell that it is definitely a bug...

clutch-monkey
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
PS: that's a good explaination for why it costs so muc more Sauc3 but i want to know if it can be verified..
sauc3 is correct :) the naked CF costs so much because they have to arrange the CF so the weave lines up etc whereas if it's painted it doesn't matter. i think the CF looks good but paint looks better...

Vindesh17
06-27-2006, 04:17 PM
I think it looks great with just the cf.

btw, maybe you should think of adding a poll so its easier see people's views.

KonaGreen
06-27-2006, 04:29 PM
CF or paint, I don't care. It's an amazing car, and the photos are excellent!!!!

Bowling4Soup 35
06-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Great pictures, thanks. This is one of my favorite cars, so it's greatly appreciated. :D

crisis
06-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Not necessarily. The term carbon fibre is used to describe a range of different composite materials.

Piacki_117
06-28-2006, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the compliments, guys! :)

Coventrysucks
06-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Not necessarily. The term carbon fibre is used to describe a range of different composite materials.

Only the ones with fibres of carbon in.

NSXType-R
06-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the compliments, guys! :)

As long as you keep the pics coming we won't mind. :D

italianspirit
06-28-2006, 06:05 PM
That is unbelievable.

DesmoRob
06-28-2006, 07:02 PM
In my opinion it makes the car look cheap

I would've thought the exact opposite.:)

250 GTO
06-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Great pics Piacki_117!

crisis
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Only the ones with fibres of carbon in.

By its true defintion but it is used genrically as well.

Carbon fiber can refer to carbon filament thread, or to felt or woven cloth made from those carbon filaments. By extension, it is also used informally to mean any composite material made with carbon filament; for more on that application, see graphite-reinforced plastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_fiber

Carbon fiber reinforced plastic or (CFRP or CRP), is a strong, light and very expensive composite material or fiber reinforced plastic. Similar to glass-reinforced plastic, which is sometimes simply called fiberglass, the composite material is commonly referred to by the name of its reinforcing fibers (carbon fiber), an example of part-for-whole metonymy. The plastic is most often epoxy, but other plastics, such as polyester, vinylester or nylon, are also sometimes used. Some composites contain both carbon fiber and fiberglass reinforcement. Less commonly, the term graphite-reinforced plastic is also used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphite-reinforced_plastic

Egg Nog
06-28-2006, 10:45 PM

Most technical anti-birdshit rebuttal ever. Thanks for the new user title. ;)

IBrake4Rainbows
06-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I was just thinking this thread got a little CSI on us ;)

ruim20
07-03-2006, 04:39 AM
By its true defintion but it is used genrically as well.

Carbon fiber can refer to carbon filament thread, or to felt or woven cloth made from those carbon filaments. By extension, it is also used informally to mean any composite material made with carbon filament; for more on that application, see graphite-reinforced plastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_fiber

Carbon fiber reinforced plastic or (CFRP or CRP), is a strong, light and very expensive composite material or fiber reinforced plastic. Similar to glass-reinforced plastic, which is sometimes simply called fiberglass, the composite material is commonly referred to by the name of its reinforcing fibers (carbon fiber), an example of part-for-whole metonymy. The plastic is most often epoxy, but other plastics, such as polyester, vinylester or nylon, are also sometimes used. Some composites contain both carbon fiber and fiberglass reinforcement. Less commonly, the term graphite-reinforced plastic is also used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphite-reinforced_plastic

Thank you for posting that, i was so stunned by the "carbon fiber is just plastic" that i forgot my 5 years of study on the matter! :D

"carbon fiber is just plastic" What The ....!!! :rolleyes: