PDA

View Full Version : Here's something I built :o

byronleehk
03-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Here's one GP500 diorama I built last year (it's not based on any race). It so happens that I had these two 1/24 scale kits around so I just built it. :p

byronleehk
03-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Here's another kit I did :o

baddabang
03-21-2004, 09:00 AM
those are really cool man :D

henk4
03-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Here's one GP500 diorama I built last year (it's not based on any race). It so happens that I had these two 1/24 scale kits around so I just built it. :p

good stuff!

Matra et Alpine
03-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Excellent idea, got me thinking :) hmmm wheelie over the finish line.
Where did you get the riders ?

MikeMcLarenF1
03-21-2004, 12:26 PM
I have some self-built models too! (if u wanna see them check out my site)
I have currently finished a '98 impreza Safari WRC.... and a AE86 + Pug 206 WRC is in the works.

http://members.shaw.ca/mikemclarenf1 <-- multimedia, then car pics

byronleehk
03-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Matra,

The riders came with the kit. Those were the Hasegawa 1/24 scale GP series which I think is the same as the Airfix/Heller ones (except they took out the photo-etched disc breakes & drive chain parts).

Currently I'm looking for the Airfix 1/12 scale Honda RC211V with rider so I can start building again. :o

Matra et Alpine
03-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Matra,

The riders came with the kit. Those were the Hasegawa 1/24 scale GP series which I think is the same as the Airfix/Heller ones (except they took out the photo-etched disc breakes & drive chain parts).

Currently I'm looking for the Airfix 1/12 scale Honda RC211V with rider so I can start building again. :o
Go for the Tamiya one, the parts fit better and overal quality is higher.
Got the airfix 1/24 somewhere :), Tamiya is 'in progress' :)
Like to hear what you think of the Airfix....

BUT, Tamiya don't give figures.
Might go look at Hasegawa, the diorama gave me an idea for a Joey tribute going over Ballaugh bridge :)

byronleehk
03-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Actually the only good kit with good 'fits' would be Tamiya. The Hasegawa kits weren't that great (needs some work on cleaning the runs, drill the hole for the swing arms, etc) and same with the Airfix kit (I have their Suzuki & Yamaha GP kits - not started yet).

I like the Tamiya ones but the 1/12 scale rider figures are getting very hard to get (and expensive) :(

So how's the 1/12 scale Airfix Honda looks like? good? It costs approximately US$28-30 to get one!

henk4
03-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Might go look at Hasegawa, the diorama gave me an idea for a Joey tribute going over Ballaugh bridge :) You mean the "dunlop" bridge??

Matra et Alpine
03-22-2004, 10:19 AM
So how's the 1/12 scale Airfix Honda looks like? good? It costs approximately US$28-30 to get one!
Engine built so far and painted.
Deciding what to do about additional pipes and cabling not in kit ( it's all behind a fairing, but I like to add them )
Most of frame and wheels completed and painted including discs drilled :)

byronleehk
03-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Engine built so far and painted.
Deciding what to do about additional pipes and cabling not in kit ( it's all behind a fairing, but I like to add them )
Most of frame and wheels completed and painted including discs drilled :)

I would love to see the built kit :)

Matra et Alpine
03-22-2004, 10:49 AM
You mean the "dunlop" bridge??
No smiley so not sure if humour intended or if IoM unknown.

So, nice joke if it was.
If not ... there isn't a "dumlop" bridge on IoM, Ballaugh bridge is about 17 miles into the circuit and riders will often leap if they get the bike straight enough. It takes a brave rider to do it.
Seen sidecars take off here too :)
Great spectating - if you don't mind getting cozy with the bikers around you, a busy place.
Here's Joey taking it.... http://www.roadracers.uk.com/joef12000.jpg
Isle of Man have even minted a coin in his memory ...
http://www.ttwebsite.com/features/pics/joey_coin.jpg

henk4
03-22-2004, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine]No smiley so not sure if humour intended or if IoM unknown.

I am usually not so generous with smileys but this could have used one. ;)

I have seen the races a couple of times on TV, but the names of the spots are not in the front of my mind.