PDA

View Full Version : F1: Us Gp

fpv_gtho
07-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Q1 over now and the big casualties are Rosberg, Trulli and Coulthard, who are joined by Liuzzi and unsurprisingly both Super Aguri's.

Not to repeat the mistakes of Canada and Silverstone, both Williams were among the first cars on track.

fpv_gtho
07-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Montoya and Webber now knocked out, joined by Klien, both Midlands and Speed.

0.015s between Montoya and Raikkonen for 10th and 11th! Hopefully that race winning pace Kimi expected to have isnt showing as he's on old tyres or something.

fpv_gtho
07-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Both Renaults, Ferrari's, Honda's, BMW's, R.Schumacher and Raikkonen the last men standing for the final 20 minutes

fpv_gtho
07-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Heidfeld pulls over to the grass as he struggles to find drive in the car, putting himself out of the running and 10th on the grid. He'll be at a disadvantage to Montoya and perhaps Webber, who may be able to go considerably longer on their 1st stint.

Also worth noting is that Rosberg's 19th place is meaningless as an engine change earlier in the weekend will put him at the back of the grid.

Jack_Bauer
07-01-2006, 10:51 AM
You'll have to keep us up to date fpv cos ITV, in their infinite wisdom, have decided not to show the live qualifying. THey have instead put on repeats of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. Thanks ITV. :rolleyes:

fpv_gtho
07-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Theres qualifying. Massa came good and secured a Ferrari 1-2 behind the 7 time champion.

Both Fisichella and Barrichello have outqualified their teammates to lock in the 2nd row.

The championship leader Alonso starts from 5th alongside the other former champion Villeneuve, who benefited from Heidfeld's failure.

Button and R.Schumacher take the 4th row as both perhaps are looking more towards the race.

Raikkonen finds himself alongside Heidfeld for the start however. Have McLaren in their infinite wisdom gone for another heavy fuel strategy that have compromised so many of their races so far? Or will there be a tale of traffic to tell? Looking at his team mates performance, however, Heidfeld couldve been set for so much more, and is now stuck with the pre determined fuel load.

The rest of the grid shapes as follows:
11: Montoya
12: Webber
13: Speed
14: Albers
15: Monteiro
16: Klien
17: Coulthard
18: Sato
19: Rosberg*
20: Trulli
21: Liuzzi
22: Montagny

* - 10 grid slot penalty for engine change due

fpv_gtho
07-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Valiant efforts from both Scott Speed and Takuma Sato - Speed ending up being the fastest Red Bull PERIOD, and Sato, as we've seen a number of times now, putting the car up to 18th place, forcing the car higher up the grid than it deserves, but obviously a target on the start for those behind him.

Wouter Melissen
07-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Villeneuve really is on a roll; awesome!!

Jack_Bauer
07-01-2006, 01:59 PM
As I said earlier, I didn't get to see the qualifying, but can someone tell me did Trulli have a problem? If Sato managed to beat Trulli on genuine pace then that is a sensational performance.

VERY unusual to see Fisi outperforming Alonso. Did Alonso have problems, are they on different strategies, or was the champ just having an off day?

Seems that Ferrari's incredible straightline pace has paid dividends for them here as many had predicted. Suprised to see them so far ahead of the opposition though, particularly in terms of speed down the home straight. Take a look at these stats from Saturday morning practice...

MS 336.6kph
FM 331.8
RB 319.2
JB 317.8

Now those speeds are probably just as much an indication of Honda's poor performance as Ferrari's speed, but that differential between what are presumed to be similarly powered vehicles is incredible. I wonder if Ferrari's rivals will be out calling foul play again about the legality of their rear wings. :rolleyes:

Quiggs
07-01-2006, 02:38 PM
As I said earlier, I didn't get to see the qualifying, but can someone tell me did Trulli have a problem? If Sato managed to beat Trulli on genuine pace then that is a sensational performance.
He broke something in the suspension.

ScionDriver
07-01-2006, 04:09 PM
I was there!! It was real exciting, Renault and Ferrari really duking it out but being a Raikkenon fan I was disappointed with his finish. But it was still quite awesome to watch the last ten guys line up on pit row and rev and wait for the final session.

Jack_Bauer
07-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I was there!! It was real exciting, Renault and Ferrari really duking it out but being a Raikkenon fan I was disappointed with his finish. But it was still quite awesome to watch the last ten guys line up on pit row and rev and wait for the final session.
Good stuff. You going to the race tomorrow too? Looks like the Ferrari's have the race in their pockets at the moment, but hopefully there should be some good racing in the midfield with the McLarens coming through the field and Alonso with work to do to get past RB and Fisi.

Looks like it's gonna be a scorcher tomorrow weather-wise, should be a killer test for the engines and tyres, especially for those drivers who are running for the second weekend in a row on their engines.

fpv_gtho
07-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Alonso and Raikkonen seem to be fuelled heavy, as both teams believe Ferrari have the tyre advantage and cant be beaten in a straight fight.

ScionDriver
07-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Sadly I will not be attending the race but driving back home (8 hours) but I am recording it so I will watch it as soon as I get in!

Quiggs
07-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Craziness...

Jack_Bauer
07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Wow, absolute carnage down at the first corner!

Safety car deployed immediately as it seems both McLarens, a BMW, a Williams, a Torro Rosso, a Red Bull and a Super Aguri all bought it down between turns 1 and 2. Those are the cars showing up as stopped on the live timing. It remains to be seen whether any of those guys will be able to get going at all.

Meanwhile, Massa got the jump on his teammate into the first turn, and Alonso got past Barrichello. So the two Ferraris will lead the two Renaults at the restart, and it's all to play for for the 15 cars remaining on track.

EDIT: From the replays it looks like 2 seperate incidents. The back markers had a bit of a coming together in turn one, then in turn two there were too many cars fighting for the same bit of track, and once Montoya clipped the rear end of Kimi it started a domino effect resulting in Heidfeld being sent flipping 3 times through the kitty litter. Also Button has now seemingly retired due to damage sustained in the accident.

Plutus
07-02-2006, 10:13 AM
2nd accident all Montoya's fault. Remind me again why he still has a racing license?!

Quiggs
07-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Yay, more cars spinning in turn one. I thought F1 drivers were supposed to be good. :)

Jack_Bauer
07-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Yay, more cars spinning in turn one. I thought F1 drivers were supposed to be good. :)
Nobody ever said anything about Takuma Sato being good! :D

God only knows what he was trying there, he didn't have a hope or a prayer of making it past Monteiro there. Just plain stupidity.

henk4
07-02-2006, 10:19 AM
our commentator suggested before the start that the McLarens were on a one stop strategy. He was right:)

Plutus
07-02-2006, 10:21 AM
our commentator suggested before the start that the McLarens were on a one stop strategy. He was right:)

He he he... :)

Jack_Bauer
07-02-2006, 10:25 AM
At this rate there may be fewer finishers than in last year's phoney race. :p

Fisico finally gets past his teammate. He's clearly fuelled a lot lighter than Alonso so the champ pretty much let him through. Probably too late to save Fisi's race as those 8-10 laps spent behind Alonso have pretty much screwed his strategy. You'd think if they were gonna let him past Alonso they should just have done it half a dozen laps ago. :rolleyes:

magracer
07-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Montoya is going to get crucified for this one, not only by the FIA but also by Mclaren... just a mistake obviously, but with big consecuences. Not good when you are looking for a racing seat...:(

Jack_Bauer
07-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Montoya is going to get crucified for this one, not only by the FIA but also by Mclaren... just a mistake obviously, but with big consecuences. Not good when you are looking for a racing seat...:(
It'll depend on the telemetry whether Montoya gets in trouble really. He was following closely behind Kimi, and he claims that Kimi put the brakes on suddenly and he had nowhere to go. If the telemetry shows Kimi did put the brakes on it'll be put down to a 'racing incident', if not JPM will be well and truly in the naughty corner.

The actual shunt wasn't really a big one between the McLarens, but because of the close proximity of all the other cars unfortunately it spiralled into a spectacular and costly accident. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Another one bites the dust! Villeneuve again suffering shocking luck with a hydraulic failure.

Plutus
07-02-2006, 10:36 AM

Who would employ him? He commands hugely inflated wages and then runs himself and often his teammate or others off the circuit on a regular basis. As a team owner, what could possibly make you think "Hmmm... I think I'll pay Montoya to destroy some of my racing cars" ???

Villeneuve out too with engine failure. Looks like 6 finishers might be optimistic :eek:

magracer
07-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Who would employ him?

Only time will answer that question... ;)

adamfraser
07-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Is that Michael out? Just switched on the TV and saw Ferrari driver walking into the pits.

Jack_Bauer
07-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Is that Michael out? Just switched on the TV and saw Ferrari driver walking into the pits.
Erm, you did? :confused:

Schumacher is out front leading the GP comfortably, as expected. The big news today is the nightmare Fernando Alonso seems to be having. He is now behind both Toyotas down in sixth, and has Rubens Barrichello trying to chase him down. This has certainly been a big swing towards the red cars this weekend for both championships, and seems to be largely down to Bridgestone being on a different level to Michelin today. If that continues to be the case for the rest of the season things could get really interesting.

Quiggs
07-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Both Ferraris are still on track...

Aaaaaaaand Ralf is done.

Plutus
07-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Fell asleep for the last bit of the race. Appears that Michael just won.

Jack_Bauer
07-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Well the result was never really in doubt after the qualifying yesterday. It would've taken something disasterous from Ferrari to throw that one away. It's a shame that Massa wasn't allowed to race Schumi properly by his Ferrari paymasters, he was looking really racey in that first stint and could maybe even have given him a run for his money. It was never gonna happen though. :rolleyes:

Fisi drove a solid third place, but was never in with a chance of challenging the Ferraris after being stuck behind his teammate so long. Alonso today will be just about satisfied with his 5th place, especially after it looked like he would be beaten by Ralf until his wheel bearing failed near the end. The star of the race was undoubtedly Jarno Trulli though, staying out of troubole in the first corner due to starting in the pitlane, and fighting his way through on a one-stop strategy to 4th place. Of the other finishers Barrichello will be disappointed with the race pace of the Honda after such a promising qualifying. The two cars to finish from the Red Bull stable did a very solid job with DC 7th and Liuzzi 8th. Rosberg and Williams will be kicking themselves after it seemed a bit of an open goal to score points today after the carnage in the opening laps, yet somehow they've gone home empty handed.

Of the 13 cars to retire I feel most sorry for Villeneuve and the two Midlands. Villeneuve had a great qualifying and was looking good for some solid points until his hydraulics went. Two huge disappointments in a row for him back in his native North America on the track where he made his name. The Midlands looked like they had some half decent pace today, with their Bridgestone tyres clearly a cut above the Michelins of their nearest rivals. Both drivers got tangled up in incidents out of their control and they were denied the chance to gain their best result of the season.

It remains to be seen whether there will be further action taken against Juan Pablo Montoya for kicking off the first lap incident that wiped out half a dozen cars. This will probably be the incident that dominates the headlines for the next few days, but perhaps more interesting is whether the balance truly has shifted in favour of Ferrari and the Bridgestone runners or whether this was just a one off. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when Renault return to home turf at Magny-Cours in two weeks time.

adamfraser
07-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Erm, you did? :confused:

Schumacher is out front leading the GP comfortably, as expected. The big news today is the nightmare Fernando Alonso seems to be having. He is now behind both Toyotas down in sixth, and has Rubens Barrichello trying to chase him down. This has certainly been a big swing towards the red cars this weekend for both championships, and seems to be largely down to Bridgestone being on a different level to Michelin today. If that continues to be the case for the rest of the season things could get really interesting.

I am 100% sure i did. Whoever it was, was in the Ferrari pits , and weariung his race overalls.

Maybe im hallucinationg again. :(

6'bore
07-02-2006, 01:45 PM
I am 100% sure i did. Whoever it was, was in the Ferrari pits , and weariung his race overalls.

Maybe im hallucinationg again. :(

Obviously you were mate :p

Dissapointed about the number of people who dropped out, made the race kind of boring. We knew Ferrari would lock out podiums 1 and 2, but I was expecting a really good midfield battle and a scrap from some of the lesser teams, but it didnt happen :(

aNOBLEman
07-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Well I got a good view of the "big one". Right from the start everyone was swerving and fighting for position and in the braking zone for the first turn they were 3 and 4 wide. Very exciting on the first two turns. Then after the restart there were a couple of out-braking passes for the first turn and other than that it was quite a boring race. At least I got a good view of the exciting stuff and I got to see most of the wrecked cars fairly close up as most of them were towed to the NASCAR and IRL turn 4.

Daz27
07-03-2006, 12:58 AM
why dont open wheel race cars have brake lights? Surely thatd help Monty cure his habit of running up the arse of other cars.

drakkie
07-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Why didn't Montoya loose his license yet ? This is the xxth time he makes someone crash and causes a dangerous situation(unnecessarily..). they should just revoke his license... NOW ... before he really causes a injury or fatality :(

Daz27
07-03-2006, 01:28 AM
mebbe he needs corrective lenses and is too 'cool' to admit it???

fpv_gtho
07-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Its quite possible hes just slipping up under pressure. Hes a candidate for the 4th best driver, but his recent driving hasnt indicated that and hes without contract, whilst everyone around him seems secure.

Daz27
07-03-2006, 02:31 AM
Ive always been a fan of Montoya, always will be, I just thought he'd do a bit better I guess. Maybe he needs a yr doing test duties.

Zytek_Fan
07-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Why didn't Montoya loose his license yet ? This is the xxth time he makes someone crash and causes a dangerous situation(unnecessarily..). they should just revoke his license... NOW ... before he really causes a injury or fatality :(
He most likely will be the one leaving McLaren in 07 (thank god)

Daz27
07-03-2006, 09:28 PM
He has already been shown the door for next year Zytek. Back to Champ Car he goes. Appears that Villenueve is lookin at Nascar next year.

scottie300z
07-03-2006, 09:46 PM
mebbe he needs corrective lenses and is too 'cool' to admit it???

ha, i think that actually fits w/ his character.

Daz27
07-03-2006, 11:59 PM
he'd look like the mole out of the wind in the willows if he wore glasses...

fpv_gtho
07-04-2006, 12:28 AM
He most likely will be the one leaving McLaren in 07 (thank god)

You say that like your assuming one will stay....

Rockefella
07-04-2006, 12:48 AM
McLaren will prob. have Montoya stay one more year I'm guessing, if he can finish out the year without another stupid DNF. The chances of Raikko moving to Ferrari are 60-80% percent for me.

Coventrysucks
07-04-2006, 01:28 AM
McLaren will prob. have Montoya stay one more year I'm guessing, if he can finish out the year without another stupid DNF. The chances of Raikko moving to Ferrari are 60-80% percent for me.

Montoya doesn't have a drive next year.

If he wasn't out of McLaren, why would his agent be scrabbling round trying to get him into another team?

I think, in all probability neither Raikkonen or Montoya will be racing for McLaren in 2007.

I do think that Montoya is a valuable asset to both Renault and Ferrari in his current role... :rolleyes:

Wouter Melissen
07-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Montoya doesn't have a drive next year.

After the US Grand Prix I would imagine he does not have a drive the next race. He ended his own race in Canada and bettered himself by also taking his teammate out in Indy. He is a very big liability.

fpv_gtho
07-04-2006, 01:42 AM
At the beginning of the year, rumours had BMW, Toyota, Red Bull and Renault as possibilities. Right now i'd say Red Bull is the only one still interested, and even then i think theyre more interested in Liuzzi. Only problem there is Berger wants to keep him at STR. Once 2008 comes though i suppose it wont be a problem which Red Bull team he's with as they'll be able to have the same equipment for each team.

magracer
07-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Amazingly Montoya seems to be in the clear from the FIAs point of view...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36521

There are rumors of Raikkonnen going to Renault, and Massa is being a good boy, so things may stay as they are at Ferrari. McLaren will probably catch the Hamilton popularity wave and give him a race seat.

Montoya may be erratic lately, but still he's a hell of a driver. Admittedly he's not top three -which is what every body is looking for- but certainly top ten and I don't think a second tier F1 team might pass the chance to get him at the right price (much less than he is earning today). Hence, Williams sounds logical ATM.

Jack_Bauer
07-04-2006, 09:08 AM

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36521

There are rumors of Raikkonnen going to Renault, and Massa is being a good boy, so things may stay as they are at Ferrari. McLaren will probably catch the Hamilton popularity wave and give him a race seat.

Montoya may be erratic lately, but still he's a hell of a driver. Admittedly he's not top three -which is what every body is looking for- but certainly top ten and I don't think a second tier F1 team might pass the chance to get him at the right price (much less than he is earning today). Hence, Williams sounds logical ATM.
Not sure Frank Williams will be all too keen to have him back after he jumped ship to McLaren in fairly acrimonious circumstances 2 years ago. Plus Williams seem fairly settled with Webbo, and young Rosberg looks a decent prospect.

henk4
07-04-2006, 09:10 AM
isn't there some obscure Japanese single seater championship where he can go to?

Zytek_Fan
07-04-2006, 10:41 AM
He has already been shown the door for next year Zytek. Back to Champ Car he goes. Appears that Villenueve is lookin at Nascar next year.
Actually Villenueve has been linked to the Peugeot 908 ;)

Wouter Melissen
07-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Actually Villenueve has been linked to the Peugeot 908 ;)
It's silly season, but this would enable Villeneuve to join Graham Hill as the only driver to win the triple.

Coventrysucks
07-05-2006, 01:10 AM

I quite agree; it was an accident; there is no reason to issue penalties.

It is Montoya in the middle of it, AGAIN, though.

He didn't do it intentionally, but if it had been anyone other than Montoya or Sato behind Raikkonen, there probably wouldn't have been a crash.

Montoya may be erratic lately

Lately?

Montoya has always been sub-standard - when he came to F1 he was going to be the next Senna, beat Schumacher to numerous titles etc.,

After what looked like a feintly promising start (in a very powerful Williams), he just disappeared into the back half of the top ten.

For some inexplicable reason, since he joined McLaren, he has added the abilities of "making unforced driver errors causing spins", and "crashing into everyone" to his mediocre race pace.

isn't there some obscure Japanese single seater championship where he can go to?

Out Sato the Satos?

magracer
07-05-2006, 12:21 PM
He didn't do it intentionally, but if it had been anyone other than Montoya or Sato behind Raikkonen, there probably wouldn't have been a crash.

I think that's exactly what the FIA found didn't happen after looking at the telemetry, otherwise he'd be reprimended...

Montoya has always been sub-standard - when he came to F1 he was going to be the next Senna, beat Schumacher to numerous titles etc.,

After what looked like a feintly promising start (in a very powerful Williams), he just disappeared into the back half of the top ten.

I find your statement quite confusing. Since when being top ten of the pinnacle of a certain sport is being sub standard? Not in my book... He may not be DWC material, but he's far from substandard.

This directly from Wikipedia...

2001: 6th, 31 points, 1 win, 3 poles (Williams)
2002: 3rd, 50 points, 0 wins, 7 poles (Williams)
2003: 3rd, 82 points, 2 wins, 1 pole (Williams)
2004: 5th, 58 points, 1 win, 0 poles (Williams)
2005: 4th, 60 points, 3 wins, 2 poles (McLaren)
TOTAL = 281 points, 7 wins, 13 poles

Substandard?

Coventrysucks
07-06-2006, 01:25 AM
I think that's exactly what the FIA found didn't happen after looking at the telemetry, otherwise he'd be reprimended...

My point is that if it had been another driver with a bit more sense, foresight, and ability, the accident wouldn't have happened - he caused the accident, but not deliberately.

2005: 4th, 60 points, 3 wins, 2 poles (McLaren)

Substandard?

The 2005 season finished = Alonso WDC, Raikkonen 2nd; Renault =WCC, McLaren 2nd.

It should have been, with McLaren's big car advantage, Raikkonen = WDC, Montoya 2nd; McLaren = WCC, everyone else crying in the corner.

It wasn't all Montoya's fault - poor reliability played a part, if Montoya had ever been there to pick up the pieces when Raikkonen's car failed, that would still have been the result.

Instead Monty decided he'd much rather be crashing into people, spinning off, or incurring the wrath of the FIA (form he seems content to follow again this season), so yes, he is substandard.

Daz27
07-06-2006, 02:22 AM
He's an A grade demolition derby entrant though, absolutely first rate... He's always been a contender, but has always had the wheels fall off when it comes to either his concentration or his ability (inablity) to handle pressure.
Did anyone else see that our lil friend Ide has gone back to Formula Nippon?
Also, I saw someone say that Monty should go back to williams, I thought Webber had an option there still waiting for Sir Frank to excercise it. I still think it'll be Fishy-fella and Webber at Renault next year, Kimi and Lewis Hamilton at Mclaren and Schuey and Massa at Ferrari. Williams Im tipping Rosberg and possibly Wurz. Ive read that Red Bull is not even slightly interested in Montoya.

fpv_gtho
07-06-2006, 02:24 AM
It was a few months ago, i think it was Gerhard Berger saying RBR shouldnt even consider Montoya. It was either RBR or Renault that came from...

magracer
07-06-2006, 06:28 AM
so yes, he is substandard.

From Encarta Encyclopedia:

substandard (adj)

Synonyms: inferior, second-rate, poor, subnormal, below average, deficient, insufficient

Position in the WDC through his F1 history show JPM is not below average.

I really want to know how you rate Fisichella and Barichello. Those are pretty average drivers (in my opinion) that have had access to CWC cars.

fpv_gtho
07-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I really want to know how you rate Fisichella and Barichello. Those are pretty average drivers (in my opinion) that have had access to CWC cars.

I think its easy to say the only teams contesting either title anymore is Renault and Ferrari. Honda and McLaren havent been able to contest either title since the European season started

Coventrysucks
07-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Synonyms: inferior, second-rate, poor, subnormal, below average, deficient, insufficient

Position in the WDC through his F1 history show JPM is not below average.

I think those words describe Montoya's 2005 & 2006 seasons well, which ammounts to almost 1/3rd of his F1 driving career.

2003, in the most powerful car on the grid, he came 3rd, behind Kimi Raikkonen in, essentially, a two year old McLaren...

I couldn't give a rat's ass about how Fisichella or Barrichello perform.

I only follow F1 anymore because I am a fan of McLaren, and it is extremely frustrating to see McLaren failing to win titles in 2005, and being substandard again this year because one of their drivers has decided that crashing into other cars or randomly spinning off is a more worthwhile exercise than scoring points.

Jack_Bauer
07-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Juan Montoya is in my opinion a very good driver and is definitely worthy of a place on the grid somewhere, and I personally hope he gets one.

The true test of a driver is his performance against his teammate. With the exception of his rookie season, where he was finding his feet, he demolished Ralf Schumacher 3 years running, and yet Ralf Schumacher somehow managed to earn himself a $20million long-term contract with Toyota. In fact, over the years I'd say Ralf has been just as accident prone and inconsistent as JPM, yet he's one of the highest paid drivers on the planet. I'd also rate JPM above the likes of Jarno "mobile chicane" Trulli and Fisichella, both of whom are among the most indifferent and unenthralling racers you're ever likely to see, yet both have secure drives in good teams for the near future.

Makes no sense to me. I'd definitely be sad to see him leave as he is undeniably quick on his day, is probably the best and most ballsy overtaker on the grid, and has more personality in his little finger than Alonso, Kimi and Schumacher combined. At a time when F1 is taking a fearsome bashing in the mainstream media for a lack of excitement, the sport needs entertainers like Montoya more than it needs safe, steady and painfully dull drivers like Trulli, Fisi, Heidfeld etc.

Coventrysucks
07-06-2006, 02:06 PM
he demolished Ralf Schumacher 3 years running,

With the exception of resident fat men of F1; Jaques and Juan, and probably DC and Rubens who are getting on a bit, all of the drivers in F1 could get out of their cars and run round the circuit faster than Ralph Schumacher in an F1 car.

All his huge salary shows is that he has a talent for picking very good agent.

the best and most ballsy overtaker on the grid

The best overtakers on the grid are the ones that, you know, actually pass people, rather than shunting them off the road. JPM struggles to successfully lap back-markers without crashing.

the sport needs entertainers like Montoya

I'll admit that, if I wasn't rooting for a race featuring two McLarens at the chequered flag, I'd find Montoya's antics hugely entertaining.

What other driver can comedically spin on the last corner of a single-lap qualifying run that would have put them on pole, and would have probably have won them the race, or spin during the warm up lap, or crash into a huge generator left on the grid before a race?

Stifle your giggles as he explains that the other driver, who was ahead of him as they entered a corner, should have moved out of the way to let him past, but didn't, so he was forced to crash into them, rather than, I don't know, backing off a bit maybe?

I bet Ron Dennis fell off his stool laughing when JPM crusied straight through a huge red light and into disqualification from an almost certain win.

Yes, a true entertainer.

magracer
07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
^^^ Nobody is changing your mind, huh?

Case closed! ;)

Daz27
07-07-2006, 03:12 AM
Isnt Ralfs manager Willy Weber? The very same as his older brother? I dare say its the Schumacher name thats worth the 20 mil.. not Ralfs talents.
I bet Ronnie fell off his stool when Monty spun on the formation lap at Melbourne this year triggering yet another restart...
As for lifting or crashing...? I reckon the man you need to talk to about this topic is Greg Murphy Esq., Coventry, he is an absolute expert at keeping the foot burried no matter what happens. Just ask Marcos Ambrose.
Hey, maybe Ralf mite get tossed from Tojo and Monty get the drive... Id be very pissed if DC gets the flick for Monty though, again.

fpv_gtho
07-07-2006, 04:53 AM
DC looks secure. Hes beating the hell out of Klien, and is rumoured as a driving force to Adrien Newey joining RBR.