PDA

View Full Version : Batracer.com

ptclaus98
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Anybody been to this site? You can choose from different racing series. I'm in an F12006 league that has some seats left.

It's not a live action racing game, it's strictly setup and strategy stuff. Long story short, you've got 12 parameters (wings, roll bars, tire pressures, etc) that can be varied from 0 to 100. At each track you get a certain number of runs to dial in your setup (you and your teammate can share info to help the dialing in process - more on that in a bit). There's 24hr of practice time (so people around the world can log in and do their thing), but you only get that set number of runs. The site then calculates qualifying results. After qualifying you get some more warm-up runs (again with a 24hr time window) to further dial in your setup, and then the site calculates the race results. The race happens (is calculated) instantaneously, but once it's calculated you can go through lap-by-lap and see how things progressed. You choose your pit strategy, you choose which tires you're going to run, you choose your driving style, etc etc. Just like in real racing, sometimes **** happens and your car fails or someone takes you out in a bad passing attempt, whatever.

It's free to play. However, if you donate ~$20 to the site you get to use Kool Tools, which make it substantially easier for you and your teammate to share setup

There are six more seats left in the league, so PM me and I'll try to get you in.

go.pawel
07-26-2006, 10:47 AM
If you tried and typed "batracer" in the searchbox, you'd see it's a fairly popular game here. We've already had 3 seasons of F1 and a few other games (A1GP, F1 2002), The 4th season of 2006F1 is beginning now. Join us:
game: 5408, password: ucp.

ptclaus98
07-26-2006, 11:05 AM
If you tried and typed "batracer" in the searchbox, you'd see it's a fairly popular game here. We've already had 3 seasons of F1 and a few other games (A1GP, F1 2002), The 4th season of 2006F1 is beginning now. Join us:
game: 5408, password: ucp.
Whoops.