PDA

View Full Version : Coincedence, or is Nissan making fun of Toyota?

Gtek-i
08-02-2006, 10:52 PM
LOL guys, I was just looking at my local newspaper's last page, (Nissan dealer) and it said something that Toyota fans here might not like:p "The new Nissan Versa, more interior room than Fit or YARASS." OMG:p:p:p!!! Coincedence? I THINK NOT!!! I'll put it into the scanner tomorrow and post it up.

kingofthering
08-03-2006, 11:47 AM
coincedence, some dealers can't even spell the name of their own products right. A dealer once spelled Viper "vipor"

Birdman002
08-03-2006, 07:25 PM
lol
doenst surprise me

Gtek-i
08-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Got it!!! LOL...sry bout the giant pic:p

Birdman002
08-03-2006, 08:06 PM
its alrigt well its all car wars comapnys try to be better than the rest

Equinox
08-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Got it!!! LOL...sry bout the giant pic:p
that was a huge pic... atleast it wasn't hard to read:D

fpv_gtho
08-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I think it was intentional, they kinda stress the point with the exclamation marks.

Not really that funny though, unless its a joke about the cars name going around where you are.

Equinox
08-03-2006, 10:32 PM
yeah... i honestly did not find it very funny, i mean alot of companies do that for advertising... like a dodge ran commercial which said something like more headroom than Ford and more torque than GMC, or something like that. All car companies do that in their adverts.

LandQuail
08-04-2006, 09:55 AM
The people who take ads at a newspaper run a close race with car dealers as to who is the most thunderously ignorant about cars. I'm a reporter, and my girlfriend works in the classified ads department of the same newspaper. I've become known as the person who can answer car questions. Here's how that usually goes:
A: Is a W... perscription?...
M: A WRX?
A: Yeah, is that a truck?
M: A truck? No. It's a car.
A: Yeah, but these people say it's four-wheel-drive. Do I just need to take that out?

Or:

A: Does BMW make motorcycles?
M: Yeah, they make good ones.
A: Well, (Insert bosses name) says they've never head of one. She says they just make cars.

Here are some car names that have gone through since I've been there:
"Campy" VW Van
Five Serious BMW's 1998 $20,000 obo
Corvette Slingray (came in on a fax)
And my favorite - 1999 Camry Dualley. (somehow the girl confused "coupe" with "Dualley" - a truck with four rear tires)

As far as car dealers go, I'd give them five guesses to correctly state the number of wheels on a car right in front of them and be amazed if they got it right.