PDA

View Full Version : New Ford Truck Recall

NSXType-R
08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I wonder if this is helping along with the sales.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=business_week&id=4427377

An engine fire is downright scary.

Equinox
08-03-2006, 09:33 PM
another recall... what is ford doing?

i think the workers are sabotaging the vehicles as they build them

adrenaline
08-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Rofl... thats a little extreme

henk4
08-04-2006, 05:11 AM
will they give the cars back after the recall?:D

PerfAdv
08-04-2006, 08:04 AM
You're looking at it all wrong. Recalls show that Ford cares about quality. It would be nice if they pre-engineered some quality controls which would limit post-production recalls but hey, when job is quality 1 or quality is job 1 or none... of the above. Whatever:rolleyes:

henk4
08-04-2006, 08:06 AM
You're looking at it all wrong. Recalls show that Ford cares about quality. It would be nice if they pre-engineered some quality controls which would limit post-production recalls but hey, when job is quality 1 or quality is job 1 or none... of the above. Whatever:rolleyes:

my comment was more inspired by the idea that this could mean 1.5 mln trucks less on the road....

PerfAdv
08-04-2006, 08:22 AM
my comment was more inspired by the idea that this could mean 1.5 mln trucks less on the road....
I could be seen in another light as well. If Ford TRUCKS started catching on fire driving down the road, it'd make bigger news than just another silly recall. Then maybe millions would-be truck buyers would buy something else, as Ford trucks would be associated with fires just as Audi got stuck with the unintentional acceleration thing... And that would be a good thing in the long run as fewer trucks will sell. ;)

Equinox
08-04-2006, 05:48 PM
no wonder people aren't buying fords as much anymore...almost every month its some recall, ford can't be trusted.

adrenaline
08-05-2006, 06:06 AM

Actually the engine fires have been under investigation for a while now haven't they? If Ford don't fix the problem then they are liable (I think).

scottie300z
08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Actually the engine fires have been under investigation for a while now haven't they? If Ford don't fix the problem then they are liable (I think).

yeah i agree, how do you know its b/c they care about quality or if they want to avoid litigation?

Bob
08-10-2006, 03:24 PM
yeah i agree, how do you know its b/c they care about quality or if they want to avoid litigation?
Apart from low volume exclusive manufacturers, there's not much difference among american car companies these days.