PDA

View Full Version : World's First Gold Gilded Porsche Boxter

white devil
08-04-2006, 07:23 AM
A Whiff of Elegance Stimulates More Than Just the Love of Life

Nine Models of the Sports Brand to Become a Limited Edition
Pforzheim is not only the stronghold of the jewellery and watch-making industry. The City of Gold is also the home of the first Gold Porsche. All that glitters in Pforzheim is gold. Thus, nobody is really surprised that fascinating projects and extraordinary ideas in gold originate from this region.
The Gold Porsche, which will be followed by a limited edition, was realized by the creative smithy, Bernd Hoeger a goldsmith and artist from Stuttgart, of VISUALIS last year. The VISUALIS CEOs commissioned the artist to gild a Porsche Boxster in 22 carat beaten gold. Piece by piece, the manual work which took about a month, created a real one-of-a-kind as never seen before.
From the control elements such as the steering wheel and door knobs to the car body and alloy rims - the two seater is of an inestimable value. This car stands for pure lifestyle-enjoyment and is characterized by its even and fancy curves.
The extravagant sportscar is a highlight wherever it shows up, this year the car will be on show at a few special events like the fashion show with Strenesse and Glashütte. It not only attracts attention, but also makes the hearts of men and women beat faster. Such a precious piece of sportiness stimulates notions of envy. The status symbol is an eye-catcher and as the first of its kind, the prelude to a limited edition.
Nine further Porsche Models will undergo the same, unique refinement process to continue the creative project. They are not only a dream in gold; they will also represent the glamour and aesthetics of lifestyle with an overwhelming worthiness.
Curious people are already anxious to know who are going to be the owners of these magnificent automobiles. Interested buyers can pick their favorite Porsche to gild, or even have aftermarket accessories gilded to suit the car.
“The Porsche warranty is not affected” says Petra Köhler of VISUALIS. “since only the body will be changed. Of course if there are any changes under the hood, you always have to get an extra warranty, but that's up to the buyers. VISUALIS offers just the refinement.”
"It's a must for every fan." was the final comment from VISUALIS CEO Sven Ulrich.(www.germancarfans.com)

clutch-monkey
08-04-2006, 08:01 AM
imagine the cost of repairs for a dent/scratch
utterly tasteless imo.

LandQuail
08-04-2006, 08:24 AM
You can gild a lilly too.

Cotterik
08-04-2006, 08:26 AM
that must weigh a heck of alot

PerfAdv
08-04-2006, 08:31 AM
A little tacky but nice, I'd prefer they'd have done it in White Gold. The color of Platinum/Gold mix would suit a car better.

NSXType-R
08-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, platinum would be nice.

Clivey
08-04-2006, 10:25 AM
that must weigh a heck of alot

That's the first thing I thought too...us Brits and our obsession with a car's weight...! :D

It probably handles a lot worse now. Anyone hazard a guess as to the figure in Kgs?

dydzi
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
That's the first thing I thought too...us Brits and our obsession with a car's weight...! :D

It probably handles a lot worse now. Anyone hazard a guess as to the figure in Kgs?

i really don't imagine any owner would actually ever drive it

The_Canuck
08-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Why a boxster? mabye a turbo would be more fitting....

F1_Master
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
1 term comes to mind.

More money than brains.

bmwpower
08-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey beautiful is my first impression. I think it looks nice as a colour let alone being actualy gold. Look at the second picture..which one would you check out first..

2ndclasscitizen
08-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Contender for the world's most vulgar object?

Egg Nog
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
A total waste, but interesting. I must admit it looks really cool in that 3rd picture. Basically just an extremely high-end paint job :)

Edit: I'd love to see a car done up in copper.

Equinox
08-04-2006, 05:33 PM
rich people!

they do the craziest things to improve their ego

taz_rocks_miami
08-04-2006, 05:55 PM
rich people!

they do the craziest things to improve their ego

That's the damn truth, the owner probably isn't a real car lover, I bet he thought to himself: "Porsche is an exclusive brand, how else do I show the world how rich I am?? I know, I'll gold gild a Boxter!!!"

magracer
08-04-2006, 08:43 PM
It not only attracts attention, but also makes the hearts of men and women beat faster.

... I have to completely agree, it makes my heart beat faster with rage. Yet another proof that we are close to recession.

Dan Flynn
08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
When you absolutely, positively must show the world you have wealth, and aren't afraid to rub it in.

IBrake4Rainbows
08-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Gosh these people are behind the times, don't they know today's precious metal of choice for the young and Tasteless is platinum?

No doubt expect it to appear in future 'Dem Franchize Boyz' filmclips......

Kooper
08-05-2006, 04:13 AM
Well gee.

Give us a Boxster with an engine so wicked that the inner engine-bay has to be lined with gold and we'll be impressed.

This though is just wrong.

Ferrer
08-05-2006, 04:20 AM
Tasteless.

john14
08-05-2006, 05:45 AM
I want a gold-plated Porsche Cayenne Turbo now... :D

Equinox
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
i just want a porsche... i dont care what color

taz_rocks_miami
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
i just want a porsche... i dont care what color

Will a purple with pink poka dots 911 due?

kingofthering
08-05-2006, 10:23 PM
hmmm didn't some rapper get a chrome Murcelago?

F1_Master
08-05-2006, 11:07 PM
50 Cent.

Equinox
08-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Will a purple with pink poka dots 911 due?
i'll take it... but i wont drive it!

until i get it re-painted:p

actually there is a silver porsche boxter convertible for sale at... i think it was the mazda dealership around where i live!
i just drove by it today and i could not take my eyes off of it

mmm_aapls
08-06-2006, 10:17 PM
A total waste, but interesting. I must admit it looks really cool in that 3rd picture. Basically just an extremely high-end paint job :)

Edit: I'd love to see a car done up in copper.

And then watch it turn green as it oxidises :p

Equinox
08-06-2006, 10:21 PM
just like the statue of liberty!

Egg Nog
08-06-2006, 10:56 PM
And then watch it turn green as it oxidises :p

That would look sweet too :)

DesmoRob
08-07-2006, 01:19 AM
Why a boxster? mabye a turbo would be more fitting....

Well they said people can do it to any porsche they want. I guess they just used this one as an example. Stupid idea IMO, unless its going into a museum. On the road it'll probably get like 1mpg trying to haul its shiny ass around.

LandQuail
08-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Well, now that the genie is out of the bottle, can we expect to see cars given truly unique finishes, like a car whose bodywork is constructed of pine cones?
I had a smashing idea on the Barabus thread about constructing a car of cheese.

I've decided, just now, that when my stock splits and I become a multi-billionair, I'm going to have a Rolls-Royce Phantom built with bodywork constructed of thinly sliced petrified walrus penises. If the head of RR says "ve cann-ot dU suuch un thing," I'll have his car buried in stacks of $20.00 bills.
Then I'll never drive it, preferring to get around in my solid platinum hovercraft.

The only thing that would make me seem a bigger asshole would be a gilded Boxter.

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Well, now that the genie is out of the bottle, can we expect to see cars given truly unique finishes, like a car whose bodywork is constructed of pine cones?
I had a smashing idea on the Barabus thread about constructing a car of cheese.

I've decided, just now, that when my stock splits and I become a multi-billionair, I'm going to have a Rolls-Royce Phantom built with bodywork constructed of thinly sliced petrified walrus penises. If the head of RR says "ve cann-ot dU suuch un thing," I'll have his car buried in stacks of $20.00 bills.
Then I'll never drive it, preferring to get around in my solid platinum hovercraft.

The only thing that would make me seem a bigger asshole would be a gilded Boxter.
I think it started back in 1993 with the Audi Avus concept.

But don't blame them :D

And I have to say that's one of the most bizarre suggestions for bodywork... sheeps' feathers aside.

kingofthering
08-08-2006, 07:19 PM
human skin would be pretty nasty