PDA

View Full Version : Mystery...

6speed
08-04-2006, 04:15 PM
You know that every once in a while I come up with something good.

Here you go.

You're welcome.

F1_Master
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
What the Evo X Rally Car design?

Egg Nog
08-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah I saw that yesterday. But uh, thanks? ;)

Looks awful, for the record. They've really overdone it.

Equinox
08-04-2006, 05:43 PM
strange looking car, and i think i've seen this before somewhere.

Gtek-i
08-04-2006, 07:17 PM
It doesn;t look that bad...but a bit too aggressive

P4g4nite
08-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Fsck, It looks a bit pre-riced....

Is the production version going to look like that? Or is it just the enraged Pufferfish edition?

I hear they are replacing the Evo's MIVEC 2.0L DOHC turbo Transverse mounted inline 4 with a MIVEC 2.0L DOHC turbo Transverse mounted inline 4.

KnifeEdge_2K1
08-05-2006, 12:12 AM
dear god that's ugly ...

mitsu should be spending their money on the rest of their line instead of their flagship, i know it's there to generate brand awareness and for the ol bait and switch thing but seriously who's dumb enuff to say hey i like the evo but i dont have enough money let's just buy a lancer instead

denisvn93
08-05-2006, 04:30 AM
It's the Concept Sportback.

Ferrer
08-05-2006, 05:05 AM
I hear they are replacing the Evo's MIVEC 2.0L DOHC turbo Transverse mounted inline 4 with a MIVEC 2.0L DOHC turbo Transverse mounted inline 4.
I've read that setence at least three times and I still struggle to find the difference between the two engines... :confused:

Oh and the car is very ugly, but since when a Evo has been beautiful?

mmm_aapls
08-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Well I might be strange but I find that saloon just gergous. By the time I trade my WRX in I will be seriously looking at one of these.

Cotterik
08-05-2006, 05:57 AM
Fsck, It looks a bit pre-riced....

Is the production version going to look like that? Or is it just the enraged Pufferfish edition?

you just moved the words around!

The_Canuck
08-05-2006, 08:11 AM
I've read that setence at least three times and I still struggle to find the difference between the two engines... :confused:

Oh and the car is very ugly, but since when a Evo has been beautiful?
Hahaha same i was like, nope, read it again...still nothing..damn...:D

6speed
08-05-2006, 08:43 AM
What the Evo X Rally Car design?

That's the design for the normal Evo.

I think it's gorgeous myself.

Volvoman
08-05-2006, 10:38 PM
you just moved the words around!

But he didn't do that even!

F1_Master
08-05-2006, 11:09 PM
That's the design for the normal Evo.

I think it's gorgeous myself.
Not according to some sources.

Remember the Mitsubishi Evo X concept? Here's proof that the firm's designers are still working on the fine detail.

Caught during an open day at Mitsubishi's European Design Centre in Frankfurt and leaked on a Mitsubishi enthusiasts' web forum, this scale model shows where the Japanese manufacturer is going with the next generation of the Evo legend.

The model is clearly based on the Evo X, which first appeared at last year's Tokyo motor show. But its rear wing looks very much like standard World Rally Car specification, so this could be a design study of Mitsubishi's next rally car. The spoiler certainly looks larger than any aerodynamic aids seen on the test cars caught recently but given the Evo's rally-bred heritage, we wouldn't be surprised to see the road cars adopting the same

For more images, check out the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo forum in question at evolutionm.net.

Since when did the Evo X have a roof scoop like that?

2ndclasscitizen
08-06-2006, 03:35 AM
They're replacing the 4G63 with a DOHC turbo version of the 2.4l MIVEC 4cyl used in the Lancer and Outlander.

LandQuail
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Well, it's interesting. I'm having a bit of a laugh imagining what the Evo X might say if it could talk with a gob like that.

Probably something about

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, it's interesting. I'm having a bit of a laugh imagining what the Evo X might say if it could talk with a gob like that.

Probably something about
Are you going to finish that post? :p

P4g4nite
08-08-2006, 08:08 AM
I've read that setence at least three times and I still struggle to find the difference between the two engines...

Hahaha same i was like, nope, read it again...still nothing..damn...
Nope, the second one is a TOTALLY new and DIFFERENT motor.

Yeah sorry that was just me failing at being funny...

Ahh screw you guys.

They're replacing the 4G63 with a DOHC turbo version of the 2.4l MIVEC 4cyl used in the Lancer and Outlander.

Oh, fullisik bro'

What else do you know? I'd like to steal some ideas to give the 'Gong an edge in Formula SAE this upcoming season.

6speed
08-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Not according to some sources.

Since when did the Evo X have a roof scoop like that?

The Rally version will be much lower and incorperate a much more upright bumper to conform with Rally rules.

The roof scoop was scrapped awhile ago. The final design will still look exactly like that except for the scoop.

2ndclasscitizen
08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
What else do you know? I'd like to steal some ideas to give the 'Gong an edge in Formula SAE this upcoming season.
More revisons to the AWD system and upgrading to S-AYC. Track down a copy of the MOTOR issue the black EVO 9 and red Ralliart Colt on the cover, they drive a X mule that's got the new X drivetrain under a 9. And as for the Concept it's got a paddle shifter and they've turnbed the engine around

6speed
08-10-2006, 09:02 AM
I hear that the engine might incorporate twin turbos. Can you imagine?

You would be able to hear that sweet swoosh miles away...*closes his eyes and daydreams*