PDA

View Full Version : What do you have against Skyline's?

Pages : [1] 2

6speed
08-14-2006, 10:06 AM
As I see it, they are a little overhyped. But that doesn't outrun the fact that they're quite an impressive set of cars. A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy. I don't hear about NSX's doing this, and I'd be willing to bet it could give your sweet little 360 a whooping.

The fact that it was the lead car in 2F2F doesn't make me like it less. Just because it was royally riced, and very ugly, does not mean that all are. And believe you me, it has always been a spectical of automotive enthusiasts. At one point it had the leading lap time around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Then that great exotic 996 Turbo came along and whooped it by a few seconds. Whoopity doo dah day. All I'm trying to say is there is nothing wrong with this car that I hear so many people putting down.

I want to know what you have against it, because quite frankly, it is one of the best cars out there.

Steve.

The_Canuck
08-14-2006, 10:07 AM
A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy. I don't hear about NSX's doing this, and I'd be willing to bet it could give your sweet little 360 a whooping.

I want to know what you have against it, because quite frankly, it is one of the best cars out there.Steve.
Because of that.

6speed
08-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Because it is a great car? I'm confused :confused:

The_Canuck
08-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Because people (you as an example) think its one of the best cars out there. Its not. imho

And cause you think it can give other cars a "whooping".

6speed
08-14-2006, 10:12 AM
As a pure driving machine yes it is.

Rockefella
08-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Because it is a great car? I'm confused :confused:
No, he pointed out his hatred for the skyline in your post, the attitude.. and I think he's right. When people say, "it'll give your car a 'whooping', and that it's the best car out there" I just think, ok.. no.

The skyline is a severely overweight, overpriced, showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine. I'll pass.

baddabang
08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
The skyline is a severely overweight, overpriced, showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine. I'll pass.

Post of the week :D

I dont really have anything against them, because it is sortof a nice car. Movies like Fast and the furious just gave it a bad name really, and thus have made it a target for "import tuners". The movie makes it out to look like its the fastest car in the world, but really like rock said its just fat and expensive.

6speed
08-14-2006, 10:36 AM
No, he pointed out his hatred for the skyline in your post, the attitude.. and I think he's right. When people say, "it'll give your car a 'whooping', and that it's the best car out there" I just think, ok.. no.

Nor do I say it's the best car out there. I think most car enthusiasts know this. I aslo think most car enthusiasts know that it's also fat and overweight. But under severe tuning, IT can be made into a superb driving machine.

The_Canuck
08-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Nor do I say it's the best car out there. I think most car enthusiasts know this. I aslo think most car enthusiasts know that it's also fat and overweight. But under severe tuning, IT can be made into a superb driving machine.[/
So can most other cars :rolleyes:

Clique
08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Matter of opinion...I like the fact that they are stuff full of technology and the fact that its looks are based on funcation rather than appeal...Whereas others see it as 'Rice Royalty' and you have to respect that and movies like 2F2F means that they appeal to yunger kids who come on the 'net claiaming that they own a 1000BHP skyline and that a standard skyline could take a Macca F1 in a race etc etc...That just p*sses off proper car loving dudes like most of us on this forums as at least once a month a skyline 'owning' kid comes on and increases the anti-skyline, anti-rice feeling on UCP...

Quiggs
08-14-2006, 11:48 AM
The skyline is a severely overweight, overpriced, showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine. I'll pass.<3

A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy.I don't consider a new turbo, bigger FMIC, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and complete turbo-back exhaust to be "minor improvements." And that doesn't even get into dyno tuning to take advantage of all those other parts.

modelcarfan
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
The skyline was an unknown car to europe and to the rest people. It got its reputation after the Film Fast & Furious. Before that people that they know about it where a few that they were checkign internet and reading magazines from either USA or ASIA.
But the car looks ok. The new one looks like crap though. They tried to make it look like a bigger version of 350z.
But of course it will be a big hit for the european market if it was going to imported normaly from the dealerships.
As far as i know in Greece they are not importing it and they will never imported.
Also after all it is a Nissan. Do not forget about it. That means cheap parts. Ofcourse if you starting puttign extra turbos and extra intercoolers and nitro and flash lights and solar system and a communication center that you canspeak with Mars then the price goes up.
I am most fun of european cars.

magracer
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I think most people here have nothing against Skylines (or VTEC or ...) but do have issues against fanboys and rice. When someone comes around and says something with out hard evidence to support it, he will take a fall.

MrKipling
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
It is the attitude that's the problem with Skylines, and the many owners (and 'owners') who make outrageous claims about their cars in a really annoying fashion.

As for any Super Skyline vs McLaren F1 battle - it's a moot point, because even if the Skyline won, flooring the throttle in a car with a turbo the size of a house is funny - nailing it in a big V12 is utterly astonishing.

The_Canuck
08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Notice how 6speed isn't looking at the thread anymore :D

NSXType-R
08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
I have nothing wrong with Skylines. :D

kingofthering
08-14-2006, 02:28 PM
i personally think the Skyline is a great car, it has enough power but i has it's fair share of faults with it's weight taking it's toll on the tires and accleration.

h00t_h00t
08-14-2006, 02:56 PM
I like the cars, I hate the fans and why would the ability to pour money into it make it a better car?

Quiggs
08-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Because stock cars are boring and it's fun dumping twice what you paid into a car in aftermarket parts.

chony
08-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Because stock cars are boring and it's fun dumping twice what you paid into a car in aftermarket parts.

Why not just buy a car for twice the price?

Quiggs
08-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Because stock cars are boring.
That's why.

adamfraser
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Its not the car, its the fanboy's that say "oMfG best CaR in da WorLd !!11!1!!" , and that just ruins it for everyone.

kko
08-14-2006, 04:21 PM
As I see it, they are a little overhyped. But that doesn't outrun the fact that they're quite an impressive set of cars. A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy. I don't hear about NSX's doing this, and I'd be willing to bet it could give your sweet little 360 a whooping.

I want to know what you have against it, because quite frankly, it is one of the best cars out there.

Steve.

Did a qucik search for examples... i suggest you do likewise before making claims
skyline with 570 horses on tap (http://www.monkys.jp/e/ucar/r3406.htm) ==== as you can see there are more than a few mods and a new chip...costing lots of money.

TRUST T517Z Turbo kits,
Full original made piping kits, with Blitz 3cores F/M IC.
TOMEI metal gasket, TOMEI 260degree camshaft
NISMO fuel pump, regulator, SARD 700cc fuel injector
HKS oil cooloer unit.
NISMO Gmax 2plates clutch.
Blitz Dual SBC EVC with Re-programmed ECU management
1,3kg/mm max boost , 570HP/8,000rpm at DYNO.
18Inch VOLK TE rims with DELPHI brake caliper , rotors.

___
08-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Yea skyline's are not the best car but u do get what u pay for there pretty fast and well made (but that come at a cost of weight). The handling is quite good to say the least but then again i might be a bit bias owning one my self.
But yea the whole fanboy thing has over hyped these cars to a point that they will never be able to live up too and the whole 3F3F bull shit has just added too it.
No matter what u hear about any car they are still that just cars and like i said be4 u get what u pay for sure u can make this car out preform a 911 or a 360 but its going to cost a shit load and in the end its still just a skyline. Its going to have the small ass cockpit and the useless rear seats and the build quality is not up too snuff with Porsche or a Ferrari and its not going to be a very good car for daylie driving.
so in closing if all the ricers could stop over hyping this car it would prolly be less hated and would get the greater respect among the true car

Ohh btw i drive a HCR32 Type M lighter less powerfull but still a fun car

Rockefella
08-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Yea skyline's are not the best car but u do get what u pay for there pretty fast and well made (but that come at a cost of weight). The handling is quite good to say the least but then again i might be a bit bias owning one my self.
But yea the whole fanboy thing has over hyped these cars to a point that they will never be able to live up too and the whole 3F3F bull shit has just added too it.
No matter what u hear about any car they are still that just cars and like i said be4 u get what u pay for sure u can make this car out preform a 911 or a 360 but its going to cost a shit load and in the end its still just a skyline. Its going to have the small ass cockpit and the useless rear seats and the build quality is not up too snuff with Porsche or a Ferrari and its not going to be a very good car for daylie driving.
so in closing if all the ricers could stop over hyping this car it would prolly be less hated and would get the greater respect among the true car

Ohh btw i drive a HCR32 Type M lighter less powerfull but still a fun carUh-oh. Egg-nog test time! :D

Grab a piece of paper, write "_____ Egg Nog Test for UCP, 08/15/06" and stab it over the shifter. Take a pic and post it here. It's our form of proof.

Clique
08-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Ohh btw i drive a HCR32 Type M lighter less powerfull but still a fun car
Dare I say that we might just see an example of why Skylines dont get respect that they deserve...
Egg nog kid ASAP :D

modelcarfan
08-15-2006, 02:08 AM
Well yes if you put afterburns as well from an jet airplane it will be able to touch the speed of sound with the skyline. So what... The car has a look of muscle car. Ok good nice and after. With the money that you will pay to make a super sonic skyline you can get other cars with out having the problem that yoru car maybe will explode becaus of the 100 kilos of nitro on your boot.
As i said movie cars are movie cars.KITT also ha a super pursuit mode LOL can go faster than a McLaren F1 LOL

MrKipling
08-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Blah blah blah.... £10 says we never see '____' again.

The main thing that makes Skylines so good is the bottom end... the fact that it is possible to get large power gains without changing pistons, crankshafts, con-rods and the like means that you can get 570bhp (cack loads - in case any of you haven't driven a properly fast car.... ____, I'm looking at you) for about $5,000 - $6,000 - according to Froogle.com. Which isn't really a huge amount considering that it is nearly a 300 bhp power gain!

modelcarfan
08-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Try to put nitro and stuff like that in a normal factory car and we will see for how long it will last.And yes by getting a used car and put on it an about 10000 dollars or euros or what ever i do not see it too much clever movement.
But once you have the money you can get what ever you want and make it as you like it.

fpv_gtho
08-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Its usually the fans and such causing more trouble than the car. Saying its F&TF, 2F2F and the like are responsible for the backlash is wrong though. How long have those movies been out, a couple of years? Skylines have been made for over 15 years and at least 10 of those theres been some form of owner/fan backlash because of their godlike admiration for something that isnt much more than alot of other sports cars out there.

MrKipling
08-15-2006, 03:00 AM
Try to put nitro and stuff like that in a normal factory car and we will see for how long it will last.And yes by getting a used car and put on it an about 10000 dollars or euros or what ever i do not see it too much clever movement.
But once you have the money you can get what ever you want and make it as you like it.

...you don't really know much about the techy stuff do you?

A set of decent titanium conrods would cost almost as much as all that stuff needed to take a Skyline up to 570bhp.

modelcarfan
08-15-2006, 04:16 AM
The main thing that makes Skylines so good is the bottom end... the fact that it is possible to get large power gains without changing pistons, crankshafts, con-rods and the like means that you can get 570bhp (cack loads - in case any of you haven't driven a properly fast car.... ____, I'm looking at you) for about $5,000 - $6,000 - according to Froogle.com. Which isn't really a huge amount considering that it is nearly a 300 bhp power gain!

no apparently i do not know much about tech stuff. So that you know more than me you can make a lecture about it.

So now tell us what is corect. Once you are the expert and you know more about tech stuff that the car with out any further changing gets 570hp or with the titanium ones??
Because one time you say no need for changes and the other time you say with titanium changes.

modelcarfan
08-15-2006, 04:19 AM
the underlined and bold words as well the paragraf tha includes them are words of MrKipling sorry i forgot to mention it in the previous post

Clique
08-15-2006, 04:34 AM

no apparently i do not know much about tech stuff. So that you know more than me you can make a lecture about it.

So now tell us what is corect. Once you are the expert and you know more about tech stuff that the car with out any further changing gets 570hp or with the titanium ones??
Because one time you say no need for changes and the other time you say with titanium changes.

Mr K is right that you would have to change the con rods, pistons, crankshafts at around 550BHP because they would be under extreme stress and prolong use of that engine will lead to engine failure...But the standard skyline bottom can be used till 550BHP as you righly mentioned but like i said it is to risky and in the long run will prove more expensive...
basically your looking at the cheaper short run benefits..Where as Mr K is looking at the long run reliable benefits...

MrKipling
08-15-2006, 04:39 AM
^^ Do try to write English, rather than gibberish (not you, Clique):

"Once you are the expert and you know more about tech stuff that the car with out any further changing gets 570hp or with the titanium ones??"

Making an assumption as to what that actually meant I'll try to explain...

A Skyline has a very very strong 'bottom end' (crank, pistons, con-rods and the like) - it is these components that cost the most amount of money to replace - so the fact that you can get a 300 bhp power hike without changing these bits makes the RB26 a very impressive motor.

Try getting 500 bhp + out of a non-STi Scoob lump and see what happens. Or a BMW straight six.

Basically: 500bhp if fine for short term on the standard stuff. Above that and you'll have to start tinkering to stop the motor imploding, or if you want it to last a while.

F1_Master
08-15-2006, 05:36 AM

The fact that it was the lead car in 2F2F doesn't make me like it less. Just because it was royally riced, and very ugly, does not mean that all are. And believe you me, it has always been a spectical of automotive enthusiasts. At one point it had the leading lap time around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Then that great exotic 996 Turbo came along and whooped it by a few seconds. Whoopity doo dah day. All I'm trying to say is there is nothing wrong with this car that I hear so many people putting down.

Steve.
Wait, so when the Skyline beat someone else, it was an achievement, but when Porsche took it over, it was nothing special?

Fanboys is what I have against Skylines. They always like to compare the Z-Tune which isn't a stock Skyline given Nismo took what, 23 already built Skylines, and modified them.

clutch-monkey
08-15-2006, 05:40 AM
it's just that there is too damn many of them, driving around, every freaking day.

F1_Master
08-15-2006, 05:47 AM
Dare I say that we might just see an example of why Skylines dont get respect that they deserve...
Egg nog kid ASAP :D
I may not be 100% correct, but are you hinting that he's lieing? I doubt it given the HCR32 Type M isn't exactly one of the most well known Skylines around for the masses.

My other thing is against the fans being Skyline "gods". No, they'll be Skyline "gods" when they know of every time of model, and their specifications. I do love to prove kids in the city wrong most of the time with proof that there's a 4-door Skyline, and that there are a lot more Skyline models than GT-Rs.

My other thing against the fanboys (again) is that they ALWAYS want the GT-R. "OMG, goin buy R34 GT-R". Uh no? At 16 years of age? If they want a Skyline so bad, go for a cheaper model. I'm pretty sure you can get just as much out of them without going for the bigger models.

BTW, HCR32 Type M in attachment (I believe). Not exactly a common Skyline talked about nor one fanboys claim to own, so I do believe him.

6speed
08-15-2006, 01:16 PM
^^ Do try to write English, rather than gibberish (not you, Clique):

"Once you are the expert and you know more about tech stuff that the car with out any further changing gets 570hp or with the titanium ones??"

Making an assumption as to what that actually meant I'll try to explain...

A Skyline has a very very strong 'bottom end' (crank, pistons, con-rods and the like) - it is these components that cost the most amount of money to replace - so the fact that you can get a 300 bhp power hike without changing these bits makes the RB26 a very impressive motor.

Try getting 500 bhp + out of a non-STi Scoob lump and see what happens. Or a BMW straight six.

Basically: 500bhp if fine for short term on the standard stuff. Above that and you'll have to start tinkering to stop the motor imploding, or if you want it to last a while.

Yes but due to the heavy weight of the HICA's all wheel drive system that's no matter. The car might only be able to go maybe a second faster in the quarter.

And I disagree about the motor imploding. Using a useful set of HKS or Apexi part's that are made specifically for the GT-R can decrease the likely hood of that happening. It can be turned into a 900hp daily driver whilst not risking reliability. And Most people do not compare the Z-Tune against other cars. A standard Nur Can easily kill a 996 Turbo in most performance aspects.

6speed
08-15-2006, 01:18 PM
A common fact about the RB26DETT is that it is able to swallow large amount's of air, therefore allowing for more breathing room. It is preferred over the RB20 due to this, and due to the fact that it has much less overall area allowing for ore add on performance parts.

6speed
08-15-2006, 01:20 PM
I may not be 100% correct, but are you hinting that he's lieing? I doubt it given the HCR32 Type M isn't exactly one of the most well known Skylines around for the masses.

My other thing is against the fans being Skyline "gods". No, they'll be Skyline "gods" when they know of every time of model, and their specifications. I do love to prove kids in the city wrong most of the time with proof that there's a 4-door Skyline, and that there are a lot more Skyline models than GT-Rs.

My other thing against the fanboys (again) is that they ALWAYS want the GT-R. "OMG, goin buy R34 GT-R". Uh no? At 16 years of age? If they want a Skyline so bad, go for a cheaper model. I'm pretty sure you can get just as much out of them without going for the bigger models.

BTW, HCR32 Type M in attachment (I believe). Not exactly a common Skyline talked about nor one fanboys claim to own, so I do believe him.

Although the RB20DETT is a well made engine, it's basic design date's back to the 60's. You can not get as much horsepower out of an RB20 compared to an RB26, due to the well balanced components in the RB26. The intake valve's and the more restricting part's severely limit breathability.

Clique
08-15-2006, 02:10 PM
A standard Nur Can easily kill a 996 Turbo in most performance aspects.
it those kind of fanboy comments that p*sses peope off...
Firstly it is diffcult for any car to 'kill' a car..Secondly can a Nur be driven overlong distances without the need to go to the dentist to replace fillings that have been knocked out due to the hard ride where as the 996 is civilise enough to be driven over long distances...Thirdly if you want to compare a Porsche to a Nur then compate the GT3 RS as it is track model same as the Nur....Fourthly i am sure the 996 Turbo has a much higher top speed, better brakes, a more responsive engine that the Nur...

MrKipling
08-15-2006, 02:16 PM
It can be turned into a 900hp daily driver whilst not risking reliability.

That's just utter crap I'm afraid... if you'd even vaguely understood what I was talking about in that post, you'd know that I was saying the Skyline had a very impressive motor. If you knew anything about engines, you'd know that you can't triple the power of an engine without risking reliability and you would have understood why I said 'non-STi Impreza' - they have forged pistons.

YOU are the reason people hate Skylines. You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain.

And Most people do not compare the Z-Tune against other cars. A standard Nur Can easily kill a 996 Turbo in most performance aspects.

What, you mean except 0-60 and top speed?

Skyline: 155mph and 4.5s
996: 197mph and 4.2

The Porsche is also three seconds quicker round the 'ring.

6'bore
08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Secondly can a Nur be driven overlong distances without the need to go to the dentist to replace fillings that have been knocked out due to the hard ride where as the 996 is civilise enough to be driven over long distances...
To be fair to you what he said was utter garage, but with respect to him he did say in "performance" terms.

A standard Nur Can easily kill a 996 Turbo in most performance aspects.
You related to comfort.

In relation to the question, I have no problem with the Skyline as a car, it's fairly good. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with fanboys.

Clique
08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
YOUYou type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain.
LMAO...one of the best qoutes i have ever read on this site +1. :D :D

6'bore
08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
^^^ Yeh suppose your right but come on this dude on another thread is claiming that he got a ride in a FXX...He full of fanboy sh*t...
True, he's quickly becoming the forum fool. He most probably won't be here for much longer.

fpv_gtho
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes but due to the heavy weight of the HICA's all wheel drive system

The "S" is part of the acronym

A common fact about the RB26DETT is that it is able to swallow large amount's of air, therefore allowing for more breathing room. It is preferred over the RB20 due to this, and due to the fact that it has much less overall area allowing for ore add on performance parts.

And not the extra 0.6L displacement???

Although the RB20DETT is a well made engine, it's basic design date's back to the 60's.

Arent they the same family of engine? Therefore wouldnt they both date back to the same era?

___
08-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Hope u like my arts and craft project LOL and i just realised that its UCP ohh well.
Ok 6 speed u don't know shit plz shut up, u are the reason y ppl don't like skylines.
I am kinda shocked that u guys didn't belive me when i said i own a GTS T Type M its not that hard of a car to come by even for me i and i live in Canada. A bit costly but i really like this car (the GTS T that is not the GTR) and as far as it goes it was worth every cent. :D

But back on topic here.
the GTR are good cars and that has been said and many ppl have also said the reason y most ppl dislike them so much. It is the over hype fanboi bullshit that has be come so far form the truth. when i got my car some guy came up to me and was trying to talk about it and he thought that form the factory u could get 3 diffrent grades a 300hp 450hp and 600hp package, that no where near the truth and if he even read up on these cars a little bit he would know that, or even thought of the fact of a 600hp stock coming form a 2.6l engine.If ppl were more educated on these car (and a few others) they would be able to be respected as what they are a good base car that can be had for relatively cheap and also has a huge after market support.

Just a side note: diff skylines
GXI CA18I 90hp 2 or 4 door
GTE RB20E ?hp 2 or 4 door
GTS (type S/J) RB20DE 130HP(i think) 2 or 4 door
GTS T (type M) RB20DET (not a TT 6 speed u twat) 215hp 2 or 4 door
GTR (N1, V spec, nismo) RB26DETT 280hp listed (~300 dyno) 2 door only

clutch-monkey
08-15-2006, 04:40 PM
It can be turned into a 900hp daily driver whilst not risking reliability.
...no
theo woolletts (sp?) R32 does 9 sec quarters with street tires, pump gas and a full interior as it is putting out 900hp - but no way is it a daily driver.

Rockefella
08-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Haha Kipling, you owe someone 10 dollars.

___
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Ohh yea thats right

Blah blah blah.... £10 says we never see '____' again.

Well with todays exchange rates that mean i just got $21 not too bad for just posting a pic eh ;) but he'll prolly be a little bitch about it J/K

The_Canuck
08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Mr.K got pwned to the max :D :p

MrKipling
08-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Mr.K got pwned to the max :D :p

Yes. Yes I did - please accept my apologies '____' I'm sceptical of any car owner.

___
08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Dont worry its all good.
I just want my $21, dont worry it will go tawards gas:D
I didnt really mind, truth be told i found the whole thing to be rather funny. Seen how fast ppl post saying " hes full of shit" or "hes is just some bull shiting fanboi" kinda of things is just funny if i posted saying i own a 01 GTI would any body care, no, never but because i said i own a JDM(eww i hate that acronim, J spec is even worst) car every body is like ohhh hes full of shit. Meh

MrKipling
08-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Wait til your posts go up a few hundred... and you will feel the cynicism washing over you like warm bath water. :D

Anyway, my point still stands... the Skyline lump is mighty impressive, but it's no de-tuned F1 engine, as some people would like to believe!

clutch-monkey
08-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Seen how fast ppl post saying " hes full of shit" or "hes is just some bull shiting fanboi" kinda
you wouldn't believe how often it's true ;) :D

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-16-2006, 07:56 AM
I do think that the Skyline is a good car.

It might look a little outdated, the interior my be as stylish as a bin bag, and the fanboys do flock to it... but it's a great driving machine and devastatingly fast across country.

The main problems I have with this car are the fanboys, and the terrible things that people do to them :(

Nissan developed this car to be one of the ultimate driving machines, and it was for a long time. It has a system that allows you to provoke the car into easily-controlled powerslides, and it goes like shit off a shovel.

I like them. I'd have one, totally stock and without the stupid picnic tray. I'd live with being stalked by tossers in Burberry baseball caps and Corsas with blacked-out windows, if it meant I could have one.

F1_Master
08-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Hope u like my arts and craft project LOL and i just realised that its UCP ohh well.
Ok 6 speed u don't know shit plz shut up, u are the reason y ppl don't like skylines.
I am kinda shocked that u guys didn't belive me when i said i own a GTS T Type M its not that hard of a car to come by even for me i and i live in Canada. A bit costly but i really like this car (the GTS T that is not the GTR) and as far as it goes it was worth every cent. :D

But back on topic here.
the GTR are good cars and that has been said and many ppl have also said the reason y most ppl dislike them so much. It is the over hype fanboi bullshit that has be come so far form the truth. when i got my car some guy came up to me and was trying to talk about it and he thought that form the factory u could get 3 diffrent grades a 300hp 450hp and 600hp package, that no where near the truth and if he even read up on these cars a little bit he would know that, or even thought of the fact of a 600hp stock coming form a 2.6l engine.If ppl were more educated on these car (and a few others) they would be able to be respected as what they are a good base car that can be had for relatively cheap and also has a huge after market support.

Just a side note: diff skylines
GXI CA18I 90hp 2 or 4 door
GTE RB20E ?hp 2 or 4 door
GTS (type S/J) RB20DE 130HP(i think) 2 or 4 door
GTS T (type M) RB20DET (not a TT 6 speed u twat) 215hp 2 or 4 door
GTR (N1, V spec, nismo) RB26DETT 280hp listed (~300 dyno) 2 door only
Honestly, I'm not to sure why people doubted you either. Like I said, it's not like it's a rare or expensive Skyline. The GTS T Type M is probably one of more common Skylines than the GT-Rs.

6speed
08-16-2006, 10:20 AM
g look forward to owning all your shitty ass Ferrari's and Bizzarini's and shit, and while I still may look upon them as great cars, I am not a fan of them in particular or any Skyline in particular. And as a matter of fact all you people who are calling me a lyer, I know my fair share about RB26's. I own one that sitting to be installed in a car right now.

Call me a fanboy or whatever the **** you may, but I'm nothing compared to you Ferrari Freak's and Mini Addicts. As some of you may be addicted to Diablo's I may be addicted to car's as well. Not the Skyline persee but any other car my mind can fancy. So **** you.

Ban me. Give me my final warning. I don't ****ing care. I wouldn't want to hang around or talk to a whole bunch of egotistical know it all jerks like you.

**** You.

The_Canuck
08-16-2006, 10:43 AM
g look forward to owning all your shitty ass Ferrari's and Bizzarini's and shit, and while I still may look upon them as great cars, I am not a fan of them in particular or any Skyline in particular. And as a matter of fact all you people who are calling me a lyer, I know my fair share about RB26's. I own one that sitting to be installed in a car right now.

Call me a fanboy or whatever the **** you may, but I'm nothing compared to you Ferrari Freak's and Mini Addicts. As some of you may be addicted to Diablo's I may be addicted to car's as well. Not the Skyline persee but any other car my mind can fancy. So **** you.

Ban me. Give me my final warning. I don't ****ing care. I wouldn't want to hang around or talk to a whole bunch of egotistical know it all jerks like you.

**** You. Riiiiiiiight then. May i point out you didn't mention us Porsche and Honda fans. :rolleyes: Jeez.

Also most of your post doesn't make much sense.....you call Ferraris shitty then say you still may look upon them as great? I have no idea what your upset about, no body was paticularily mean to you. Mabye Mr.K but then again he was kinda right. ( about the Porsche and specs )

rev440
08-16-2006, 01:43 PM
This is a bit drastic isnt it? In all ohnesty just because some one doesnt like a car that when ever it is mentioned the fanboys have a circle jerk too doenst make them a bad person. Nor does it make them any less of a car guy then you. You have to admitt the Skyline is a ricers dream car.

**** You.

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Look, we've all had a bit too much to drink, so why don't we just calm down?

Dude, why are you getting so het-up? Other people have said that the Skyline is good. Why do you ignore them?

DesmoRob
08-16-2006, 04:07 PM
I have nothing against Skylines. I think of them the same as I would any other Nissan. If people want to "pimp them out" that's their choice. I couldn't care less.

Equinox
08-16-2006, 08:07 PM
i like skylines... and if i got a chance to get one i would love to take it. But its illegal where i live.

I dont know if i would "Pimp it out", but i would take one.

why is everyone fighting... its just a car. If this was a Ferrari or Porsche bashing thread, then you can fight... but its just a Nissan Skyline, nothing special.

MrKipling
08-17-2006, 12:25 AM
I must confess I found it a bit weird when I explained what makes the Skyline engine so good, only to have 6speed jump down my throat. But, some people get scared when they don't understand stuff.

Rockefella
08-17-2006, 02:49 AM

**** You.
This is your final warning.

The_Canuck
08-17-2006, 08:06 AM
This is your final warning.
But he doesn't ****ing care! :D

6'bore
08-17-2006, 09:54 AM

**** You.
Cya later big boy.

byronleehk
08-17-2006, 08:37 PM
i like skylines... and if i got a chance to get one i would love to take it. But its illegal where i live.

Why is it illegal in your area? I live in California and it's still legal even it's a right-hand drive. All you need is to pass the DMV crash & safety test.

U.S. has some strange laws I tell ya:confused:

kingofthering
08-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Why is it illegal in your area? I live in California and it's still legal even it's a right-hand drive. All you need is to pass the DMV crash & safety test.

U.S. has some strange laws I tell ya:confused:
You make the Crash/safety test sound easy. You are required to crash up to 120 cars and make the necessary modifications to pass, make it pass the smog test, and find an importer. As for Canada, all they have to do is wait for 15 years to bypass some laws

KnifeEdge_2K1
08-17-2006, 11:46 PM
alot of people cite the fact that supra and skyline engines can put out xxx horsepower with stock internals

but imagine if this is really feasible, or relevent for that matter
let's assume you CAN boost the skyline or supra engine to say 800 horsepower with stock internals, this would require a HUGE turbo and HUGE boost, also the fuel system would need to be redone, the intake and exhaust massively reworked as would the transmission brakes cooling system tyres etc... wuts a thousand $ more for a few forged pistons and crankshaft ...

plus what if you dont want to boost your skyline or supra ?? the intial cost would have had the extra toughened up components factored into it, but you're never using that potential, and are paying more then what you are getting from it

this is all assuming that the above claimed statement is true, which i doubt
1000 horsepower is ALOT of power, requiring something like 6 bar absolute boost pressure with just 2.6 litres of displacement, whereas stock is like 2 bar of boost MAX

h00t_h00t
08-18-2006, 03:20 PM
The extra strong internals should make it more reliable when getting its inevitable thrashing.

chayson roberts
08-18-2006, 06:23 PM
they drift well.

ScionDriver
08-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I don't hate the car, I hate the stereotypical Skyline driver and the attitude he comes with. I have never run across a Skyline fan who when told that it could be beat said "Yeah I guess your right, some car could beat it" and go home. They usually sit there and talk about if you mod it even more then you can beat ANY car out there, thus making it the 'best.'

08-21-2006, 11:40 AM
they drift well.have you ever tried? and is it me or is every one of your posts about drifting?

jcp123
08-25-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't hate the Skyline. It's a little too peaky for my tastes, but as others have said the really annoying thing's the fanboy / stereotypical owners (Camaro, Shelby Mustang, and Corvette owners tend to have the same effect on me). Otherwise, the Skyline's kinda cool and I like that it actually looks like a "normal" car that's been gussied up...sort of like the original muscle cars.

Silver-Arrowz
09-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Wow some people get worked up good and quick! lol!

I've owned an R32 GTR before and it's a great car, but it's not the bee's knees of the automotive world. I sold it because I became a purist driver (dislike of 4WD, TC and other gizmo's) along the way. It's quick if the driver knows what they're doing. Most people struggle to adapt to the 4wd system.

h00t_h00t
09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Its quick if the driver doesn't know what they're doing, the trick AWD, traction and stability controls will catch alot of moments and make the car much easier to drive.

estis fatuus
09-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Other than their being really over-weight, and the lame asses who usually support them, nothing really...

It's a nifty, quick car with a weight problem, and a lot of techno gadgetry inside.

Rockefella
09-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Other than their being really over-weight, and the lame asses who usually support them, nothing really...

It's a nifty, quick car with a weight problem, and a lot of techno gadgetry inside.
Well put.

Holden rocks
09-22-2006, 03:20 AM
i don't like the skyline because it is japanese and it's not a V8

adrenaline
09-22-2006, 03:46 AM
^^ Definately an Aussie :D

mehrshadvr4
09-22-2006, 09:55 AM
i belive the stock engine can't handle as much power as othere 6 cylinder engines.it cost alot to make big power out of it.not becouse the parts are expensive, it's becouse you need to buy alot of after market parts to make power.i saw some one said it costs $10k to make 600 whp,and i was surprised .i can make about same power with half that much money.

kigango123
09-22-2006, 11:04 AM
inline six turbo is the ultimate engine except for v12,
simple truth, so if you dont love it for the awd or the tunability of the car
then you got to love the motor

Vaigra
09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm really interested in finding out how old you are.

mehrshadvr4
09-22-2006, 12:39 PM
inline six turbo is the ultimate engine except for v12,
simple truth, so if you dont love it for the awd or the tunability of the car
then you got to love the motor

ok. looks like you own one.how much power can you make with stock bottomend?i am sure not much with stock pistons ,rods and crank.inline 6 is one of the best because it has 7 main bearings,but it dosn't mean the engine can hold big power.

h00t_h00t
09-22-2006, 03:12 PM
He said he was a virgin in another thread so he is either <16 or really, really fat.

Vaigra
09-22-2006, 03:52 PM
He said he was a virgin in another thread so he is either <16 or really, really fat.haha or both!

Mr.Tiv
09-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Why is there an aspostrophe in the title? Anyway, I don't dislike the Skyline but it does seem a wee-bit over-rated.

09-22-2006, 06:50 PM
the skyline is good
but not awesome
one of the reasons is probably how many times people compare them with top dollar supercars i.e. skyline vs. f50
and its not that fast unless you put alot of power into it because its overwieght
power=money

Tomodachi
09-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Enough of the past! The RB26 was a great engine, but thats over now! Come my ignorant ranting Skyline loving brothers! Let us move on to the new Skyline! So we my annoy forums across the net with a new sleek looking R35! *Drools and Masterbates* @_@

Tomodachi
09-22-2006, 10:19 PM
...Yea that wasent a funny joke, but a taste of the bitter truth yet to come...

DesmoRob
09-23-2006, 12:11 AM
I wonder where 6speed went. Maybe eggnogging his viper?:p

2ndclasscitizen
09-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Na, he's too busy spending all his money

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 02:14 AM

Steve.

There is nothing to go against. It's a beautiful car. With 205Kw, what's to complain about.

acemotorsport
09-24-2006, 02:24 AM
Na, he's too busy spending all his money
yeah he probably is

Sid447
09-24-2006, 05:29 AM
The Nissan Skyline GTR,

First made quite a name for itself when it was entered in motorsport in the late 80's.
One being the Australian Touring Car Championship.
Where once the initial brake problems were sorted out, it blew the doors off all the V8's and other turbo cars that were established there.
It "walked" the championship for a couple of years in spite of it being given unfair weight penalties and having the boost limited.
It was christened "Godzilla" and earned itself a serious reputation that true motorsport fans will know and remember.
They were finally withdrawn in about '92

Why do people think the GTR happened with a recent movie?
Is this the sign of things nowadays? I must be getting old!

kigango123
09-25-2006, 08:42 AM

sorry to dig up an old thread but i just have to reply,
none of your bussiness, old man at least i dont have use Viagra

kigango123
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
ok. looks like you own one.how much power can you make with stock bottomend?i am sure not much with stock pistons ,rods and crank.inline 6 is one of the best because it has 7 main bearings,but it dosn't mean the engine can hold big power.

at least 500-600, considering the weight(of the engine), you could change the transmission and build to 800 but nobody wants 800 hp in an awd car and that is with a stock bottom end

Enough of the past! The RB26 was a great engine, but thats over now! Come my ignorant ranting Skyline loving brothers! Let us move on to the new Skyline! So we my annoy forums across the net with a new sleek looking R35! *Drools and Masterbates* @_@

rb26 rules,nobody wants a vq35,noboddy except maybe you

kingofthering
09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
umm do you talk just to hear your voice? That stupid Viagra joke means that you're under 21 or immature.

johnnynumfiv
09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Turns out that 6speed is stealth, for those of you who remember him.

Vaigra
09-25-2006, 03:01 PM
none of your bussiness, old man at least i dont have use ViagraIf you could read, you'd realise it says "Vaigra". Also maybe you'd be able to spell "business" too. By the way, I'm not an old man. Ask around to find the members who know me and know how old I am.

Rockefella
09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
none of your bussiness, old man at least i dont have use Viagra
Yoo, we gots ourselves one tough-azz mother-trucker in the house!

Relax, this isn't a boxing ring.

mehrshadvr4
09-25-2006, 03:05 PM
at least 500-600, considering the weight(of the engine), you could change the transmission and build to 800 but nobody wants 800 hp in an awd car and that is with a stock bottom end

lol,good luck getting 800hp out of stock rb26 engine.i saw the top seacret r34 had even aftermarket block and it made 800hp.you buy a skyline and try to make 650hp out of it.it should las a minute i guess.actually having 800hp on awd car is fun.you have the powr you can use.having 800hp on rwd car or fwd car is a pain in the ass not awd car.you know it would be funny you pay $50k in U.S and you think you cann make 600-700 hp out of engine then you will find out you pay that much for a car that cost $10k+ to make only 600hp.

h00t_h00t
09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Turns out that 6speed is stealth, for those of you who remember him.
Is he the one who claimed his uncle had a Supercar shop or something?

johnnynumfiv
09-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Is he the one who claimed his uncle had a Supercar shop or something?

Yep, the compulsive liar.

F1_Master
09-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Yep, the compulsive liar.
Was it the one who said he owned a Viper with his uncle, or the one I owned about his uncle owning Naples?

johnnynumfiv
09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Uncle owning naples.

baddabang
09-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Uncle owning naples.

Naples Florida?

johnnynumfiv
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Naples Florida?
He claimed that his uncle owned some dealership there.

ZeTurbo
09-25-2006, 09:15 PM
This thread should show you 6speed, just people have against the skyline. Its not the car, it all the shit people associate with it.

baddabang
09-26-2006, 04:18 AM
He claimed that his uncle owned some dealership there.

Naples Motorsports I presume. Been there and met the owner too :p

Toyota4Life
10-08-2006, 04:55 PM
it is so over rated thats its not even funny any more..... plus the supra can push out more power any why. my friend drives an 1700hp supra as a street car!! i have NEVER seen a skyline like that so get your head out of nissan ass bro

Coventrysucks
10-08-2006, 05:23 PM

It's his 19th Birthday in a few weeks, you'll have to ask him where to send the card though.

mehrshadvr4
10-09-2006, 02:50 PM
it is so over rated thats its not even funny any more..... plus the supra can push out more power any why. my friend drives an 1700hp supra as a street car!! i have NEVER seen a skyline like that so get your head out of nissan ass bro

1700hp daily drive supra.:rolleyes: any video or picture?

h00t_h00t
10-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Now thats just stupid, if he could make a 1700hp car drivable then why didn't he sell his engine to VAG, it would help cut costs at Bugatti.

sunce
10-21-2006, 04:52 PM
it is so over rated thats its not even funny any more..... plus the supra can push out more power any why. my friend drives an 1700hp supra as a street car!! i have NEVER seen a skyline like that so get your head out of nissan ass brohahahaha!!!! thats no match for my...um...1936436583292502hp festiva with 67inch plastic wheels capable of turning a full circle at 64657935cm/ps...plus its got a cassete player..beat that buddy!!!...o and before you go cruisin in your 'friends 1700hp daily driven supra' you might wanna learn how to talk...you use 'an' before a vowel...numbers dont count...:D

Quiggs
10-21-2006, 05:52 PM
A friend of mine from work has a friend named Tom who I've met a time or two. Tom's a very fortunate person. His daily beater is a white E46 M3 with coilovers, full exhaust, and CF bodywork. His primary car is a white Supra that's spent the last few months in the shop getting a bigger turbo installed. The last dyno it was on it put down 800rwhp. This time with a built motor and more boost, he's shooting for 1000 at the wheels. There's a video or two of him breaking it in on Streetfire, but I'm having trouble with their site right now. Soon as I can, I'll find them.

Edit: Here's one of them. http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Toyota/1/e4db6306-0da7-453d-9de9-985d0096d862.htm

And the other. http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Toyota/1/b98b07cb-5a0e-4e3c-b6f2-985e00c9e374.htm

h00t_h00t
10-22-2006, 03:47 PM
I think M3s come with coilovers and exhausts as standard :p

mehrshadvr4
10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
A friend of mine from work has a friend named Tom who I've met a time or two. Tom's a very fortunate person. His daily beater is a white E46 M3 with coilovers, full exhaust, and CF bodywork. His primary car is a white Supra that's spent the last few months in the shop getting a bigger turbo installed. The last dyno it was on it put down 800rwhp. This time with a built motor and more boost, he's shooting for 1000 at the wheels. There's a video or two of him breaking it in on Streetfire, but I'm having trouble with their site right now. Soon as I can, I'll find them.

Edit: Here's one of them. http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Toyota/1/e4db6306-0da7-453d-9de9-985d0096d862.htm

And the other. http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Toyota/1/b98b07cb-5a0e-4e3c-b6f2-985e00c9e374.htm

if i remember correctly he was making 714whp before not 800.

Zytek_Fan
10-22-2006, 09:39 PM
DON'T REVIVE OLD SKYLINE THREADS STUPID NEWB

h00t_h00t
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
This thread has been in the top half of the first page since it was started, he didn't really bump it and its not that old to begin with.

Zytek_Fan
10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
This thread has been in the top half of the first page since it was started, he didn't really bump it and its not that old to begin with.
If someone wants to start a skyline thread they can do that on supercars.net or the skyline forums...

h00t_h00t
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Why not here, its an Asian car isn't it? Just because you don't like it it doesn't mean other people can't.

martinieg6turbo
10-24-2006, 10:18 PM
dude if i had a skyline i wouldnt care if it was big and fat i love them for what they repersent people have an idiot reasoning of the car i think because they know nothing about it and there just plain scared of its rich history in japan and the world at least we know its not going to fail on u down the road

Rockefella
10-24-2006, 10:21 PM
dude if i had a skyline i wouldnt care if it was big and fat i love them for what they repersent people have an idiot reasoning of the car i think because they know nothing about it and there just plain scared of its rich history in japan and the world at least we know its not going to fail on u down the road
So considering it overweight and hating its fanboy following makes my reasoning, idiotic?

Gtek-i
10-24-2006, 11:11 PM
comon guys, Supra Skyline...who gives a shite (no offense)! I'm a HONDA NSX FAN!!!

fairladysman
11-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Heres my opinion:
Skylines are amazing,they arent the fastes out there,but there fast:cool: . All these stupid Asian car movies have given them a bad rep:mad: . and now these wannabes are trying to supe them up and stuff and ruining them. Look mate,they are a nice car alone,they dont need anything. They own.:eek:

kingofthering
11-13-2006, 08:06 PM
ever heard of a comma? or at least proper spelling? Oh what's the use, he's one of those people who post once and run away

The_Canuck
11-13-2006, 09:53 PM
comon guys, Supra Skyline...who gives a shite (no offense)! I'm a HONDA NSX FAN!!!
With that avatar i thought you were some N00b...

Oh wait...

h00t_h00t
11-14-2006, 05:08 PM
ever heard of a comma? or at least proper spelling? Oh what's the use, he's one of those people who post once and run away
Thats some terrible grammer.

SupraMan22
11-14-2006, 06:32 PM
i have nothing agianst cars. or skylines for that matter. its a freakin race people talk about time after time agian. ive seen it thousands of times on these forums. The idiot that said something about a nissan not falling apart on the road. I would consider toyota one of the most reliable cars for the price they are sold at. thats my 2 cents though. your grammar is too horrible for me to read your post very good though. my english professor would die if she saw that gib. :D

Ingolstadt
11-14-2006, 09:27 PM
i don't like the skyline because it is japanese and it's not a V8

For once, i do suggest V8 worshippers are also an annoying lot as to what Skyline worshippers are.

I do fancy skyline, and it's all because i can catch up a drag with a Ferrari with lesser moeny spent, i can feel ego bout it. It's all the work of inferiority complex, poor chaps trying to make do with richer folks, thus annoying people on their way.

In Asia, Skyline is often dubbed "God of Battle" or whatever, but it's a heritage brought down from R32, the R33 and R34 (The one you guys hated) merely cash in on the credits won in 1988-1993 from R32. It is the first Jap made car that brings down Porsches or whatever other European makes in races, there's even a race where petitions from various other manufacturers to "add-weight" to Skyline R32s before the races even start; claiming that will only bring to a "fair race"; and in the end, R32 won as well. This is the pride it has given to Asians, and the perceived "shock" to westerners from Asian's eyes. It was claimed that R32 "opened" up eyes of westerners that Asian makes can be as good, hence the legacy continues, which was merely transformed into a cash machine for them.

And when this heat of storng legacy reaches western world's in a cut-down version of it's greatness, ricers picked it up, purist hated it; and ultimately, forummers like 6speed got banned.

All in all, it's still the inferiority complex of Asians that popularized it.

h00t_h00t
11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
6speed got banned for lying all the time, it had nothing to do with Skylines. Its no surprise that the R32 won races, its AWD system allowed the driver to put the power down much more quickly than RWD cars. When Audi entered its A4 into the BTCC it was leagues ahead of the other cars because it had AWD and the others had FWD/RWD. That got penaltys too. The Skyline was the car with the advantage rather than the underdog.

6speed
11-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I didn't get banned. And um, that guy above with the one post, as my english professor would say, "don't drag on a sentence if you intend to say something that doesn't sound like you dragged on something else."

11-23-2006, 11:12 AM
I didn't get banned.yes, you did

SupraMan22
11-23-2006, 03:32 PM
He must be confused. Its alright though, its quite alright.....

Rockefella
11-23-2006, 04:02 PM
I didn't get banned.
I thought the lying was supposed to stop?

You were banned for a month, or 3 weeks.. or something.

6speed
11-23-2006, 09:00 PM
I was thinking they meant permaban.

Ingolstadt
11-26-2006, 07:28 AM
So considering it overweight and hating its fanboy following makes my reasoning, idiotic?

Could you just point out one American V8 Johnny Bravos that's sub 1500kg? Don't get confused between a heavy car, and one that's not agile. :)

Ferrer
11-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Could you just point out one American V8 Johnny Bravos that's sub 1500kg? Don't get confused between a heavy car, and one that's not agile. :)
The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has a quoted weight of 1493kg.

The_Canuck
11-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Smooth....But Im sure the driver weighs more the 7kg :D

Ferrer
11-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Smooth....But Im sure the driver weighs more the 7kg :D
Yes. However no matter how hightech the Skyline might be it still needs a driver too.

h00t_h00t
11-26-2006, 04:36 PM
The Z06 would be faster too.

Slicks
11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Saleen S7? Mosler MT900? Panoz? FFR cars? Almost any Corvette? Hell even a no option LS1 Camaro would be around 3300lbs...

Slicks
11-26-2006, 08:52 PM
You sure thats not with driver?
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/9991/chevrolet-corvette-z06-page4.html
Even the C5 Z06 was 3100lbs

The_Canuck
11-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes. However no matter how hightech the Skyline might be it still needs a driver too.
I was kidding, :)

Rockefella
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Way to change the subject. I pointed out the bad qualities in the Skyline... my post has nothing to do with comparable American cars, which I dislike anyway.

HSVLVR
11-27-2006, 12:17 AM
The fact that you have to import them from Japan.

El Toro Furioso
11-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Because people (you as an example) think its one of the best cars out there. Its not. imho

And cause you think it can give other cars a "whooping".

that pretty much explains it.

its like how i get kids who come up to me asking if i have nawwwwss in my supra. i just simply say no but at the same time i wanna go over to universal studios and punch craig leiberman in the face.

Ingolstadt
11-27-2006, 05:05 AM
My point is, a car that weighs 1500kg+- is not an issue at all if it's agile.

Slicks
11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
My point is, a car that weighs 1500kg+- is not an issue at all if it's agile.
You didnt do a very good job of making that point.

Ingolstadt
11-28-2006, 03:45 AM
yupe, i guess so.... i know you will reply defending the V8s, but i forgot to put in V8 GT cars.... anyway, good that you made me make my point clear. :)

Slicks
11-28-2006, 11:19 AM
yupe, i guess so.... i know you will reply defending the V8s, but i forgot to put in V8 GT cars.... anyway, good that you made me make my point clear. :)
Most cars still apply, either way them having a V8 has nothing to do with the total weight.

nota
11-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Most cars still apply, either way them having a V8 has nothing to do with the total weight.
Maybe I've misinterpreted the above, but are you claiming that most manufacturer's V8 engines are no heavier than their 6cyl engines? :confused:

What about 6cyl vs V8 Fords (eg Mustang or Falcon) that are saddled by Ford's porky Modular V8? Likewise the optional all-alloy V8 that Holden uses clearly adds to total weight over the all-alloy V6 variants, and its a similar story with the 6cyl vs V8 versions of Chrysler 300C, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc

Perhaps there may be a current V8 engine that is no heavier than the manufacturer's corresponding 6cyl, or a current V8-powered vehicle model that is no heavier in total weight than its otherwise same-spec 6cyl version .. but I can't think of one ATM. Can you give us an example?

Slicks
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Maybe I've misinterpreted the above, but are you claiming that most manufacturer's V8 engines are no heavier than their 6cyl engines? :confused:

What about 6cyl vs V8 Fords (eg Mustang or Falcon) that are saddled by Ford's porky Modular V8? Likewise the optional all-alloy V8 that Holden uses clearly adds to total weight over the all-alloy V6 variants, and its a similar story with the 6cyl vs V8 versions of Chrysler 300C, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc

Perhaps there may be a current V8 engine that is no heavier than the manufacturer's corresponding 6cyl, or a current V8-powered vehicle model that is no heavier in total weight than its otherwise same-spec 6cyl version .. but I can't think of one ATM. Can you give us an example?
No, im saying just because the car has a V8 doesnt mean its going to be heavy.

nota
11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
No, im saying just because the car has a V8 doesnt mean its going to be heavy.
Fair enough :)

But its almost always going to be more heavy

Slicks
11-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Fair enough :)

But its almost always going to be more heavy
More heavy than what?

nota
11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
More heavy than what?
Heavier than what the total weight would otherwise be if 'it' was equipped with a lighter motor, eg my car examples in previous post

Slicks
11-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Heavier than what the total weight would otherwise be if 'it' was equipped with a lighter motor, eg my car examples in previous post
Sure if it were a lighter engine, assuing nothing else heavier was added. But because its a smaller displacement engine doesnt mean its lighter. Keep in mind with the upgraded models, if they are heavier its not just due to the engine (if the engine is any heavier). Beefing up the suspension, rest of drivetrain, maybe cooling system, also options like electric gizmos and such.
I wouldnt be at all surprised if GMs DOHC V6 was heavier than the LSx engines.

man 430gt
11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
The a=only thing I have against SkYLinEZS!1!! is the over pumped owners thinking they can take on anything:(

N15M0
12-07-2006, 05:30 PM
ok ok ok...... i see everyone is not really appreciating the skyline technology. ''its fat and over-priced'' ''its ugly''. But what are you guys comparing the car too????? compared to a enzo, or Mclaren F1? yea the skyline IS ugly.. the Designers didnt make this car to be smooth! some of you guys need to read up on the designers and what nissan wanted to accomplish at the end with the skylines... at its time 95 - 99.. skylines were about ...$60 -$80 thousand.. probably more.. but with a little modifications... it can keep up with cars twice thier ticket price..... now..if people get thes cars and RICE them up...then every car is a victem of that.. i dislike Hondas..because here in Miami.. EVERYone has one and 85 % of the time they fl_lck them up with lights, stickers, and rims... and still not that fast.. but i still respect hondas motor company.. but not the people who drive them..//.. on top machines.. of out time.. skylines are up there... .........

kingofthering
12-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Wow... no one gave a damn about your lucid rant. Anything can keep up with a car twice its price range with modifications.

h22a
12-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Wow... no one gave a damn about your lucid rant. Anything can keep up with a car twice its price range with modifications.
Gee's your a shit talker KOR. You probably havnt even driven a car yet.
I completely agree with nismo. Skylines provide quality performance for a fraction of the price.

clutch-monkey
12-08-2006, 12:58 AM
I completely agree with nismo. Skylines provide quality performance for a fraction of the price.
yeah, but that's tarnished more than a little bit by the billion other people/lebs that drive them

Tomodachi
12-08-2006, 01:12 AM
dislike Hondas..because here in Miami.. EVERYone has one and 85 % of the time they fl_lck them up with lights, stickers, and rims... and still not that fast.. but i still respect hondas motor company.. but not the people who drive them..//.. on top machines.. of out time.. skylines are up there... .........

Couldent agree with you more Nismo. That deserves a drink.

h00t_h00t
12-08-2006, 05:35 PM
OWNED.

kingofthering
12-08-2006, 06:04 PM
OWNED.
not owned. You totally missed my point. I was trying to say that the modifications will catch up to the faster car is bullshit.
And yes, I have driven a Chevrolet Blazer with a screwed up headliner.

mehrshadvr4
12-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Skylines provide quality performance for a fraction of the price.

LOL...............

clutch-monkey
12-09-2006, 05:53 AM
LOL...............
he's completely correct :confused:

mehrshadvr4
12-09-2006, 09:56 AM
he's completely correct :confused:
for everything except the price.it's not cheap to make them fast.

clutch-monkey
12-09-2006, 04:22 PM
for everything except the price.it's not cheap to make them fast.
but it is :confused: and parts are common as, aftermarket or OEM
i.e. i have a skyline turbo lying around somewhere, which someone gave to me with a bunch of mini parts...

h00t_h00t
12-09-2006, 04:34 PM
It depends where you live, in America it would be difficult and expensive to get parts since the car was never sold there and isn't road legal anyway.

EDIT- Also the price of the local competition makes a difference. In the UK R34 GTRs are on the Autotrader website at £30,000 which is three year old TVR Cerbera 4.5 prices. (Actually the Cerbera is £26k)

clutch-monkey
12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
It depends where you live, in America it would be difficult and expensive to get parts since the car was never sold there and isn't road legal anyway.
i would assume we'd be talking about places where they are street legal, since you can't have a skyline to tune in the first place otherwise...

h00t_h00t
12-09-2006, 04:42 PM
As I mentioned in my edit, in britain they aren't cheap considering the competition.

HSVLVR
12-09-2006, 05:27 PM
As I mentioned in my edit, in britain they aren't cheap considering the competition.

It's almost the same in Australia. Depending on the price

mehrshadvr4
12-09-2006, 08:52 PM
but it is :confused: and parts are common as, aftermarket or OEM
i.e. i have a skyline turbo lying around somewhere, which someone gave to me with a bunch of mini parts...

ok.the skylines and gt-r's 3rd gear will brack after making over 500whp and you need to upgrade the gears,and you need to upgrade the internals if you want to make 600+ whp and be reliable.now tell me doin which one of those stuff are cheap.

clutch-monkey
12-09-2006, 10:45 PM
ok.the skylines and gt-r's 3rd gear will brack after making over 500whp and you need to upgrade the gears,and you need to upgrade the internals if you want to make 600+ whp and be reliable.now tell me doin which one of those stuff are cheap.
honestly, if you need over 500hp, well, that's not my problem.

john14
12-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Actually, I do not have anything against Nissan Skyline's. Skyline's are good looking cars that are cheap, reliable, fun to drive and have good performance figures.

We shouldn't allow the tuning culture/RICEing culture affect our opinion of this very good car.

Zytek_Fan
12-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Why must this thread continue to linger?

Drift Illusion
12-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Why should a person have anything against Skyline's? They are excellent in my opinion.

mehrshadvr4
12-10-2006, 01:45 AM
honestly, if you need over 500hp, well, that's not my problem.

if you want less than 500hp then there is plenty of othere cars out there that can make more than that for cheaper price than skylines. i don't have any thing against skyline as well. it's the fan boys that piss me of. i'm not talking about you clutch. ;)

clutch-monkey
12-10-2006, 04:42 PM
if you want less than 500hp then there is plenty of othere cars out there that can make more than that for cheaper price than skylines. i don't have any thing against skyline as well. it's the fan boys that piss me of. i'm not talking about you clutch. ;)
i'd hope not, i don't even have one (just one of the turbo's rofl)
as far as i can tell it's real easy to get up to 400hp from a skyline, and not exactly expensive to go to 500hp but my point is that you only really need 400-500hp to have a good track car out of it

Jin1976
12-15-2006, 05:31 AM
GT-R is a great car but it was not race inspired. Look at the way the car was built. Flat upfront nose, big heavy engine, blocky high CoG body. For me all it has is the easy to modified engine, four wheel drive, smart computer and that's all. It is also a Skyline, meaning it is a two door version of a family car. The same like Lancer Evo. Basically they are taking a normal car, put bodykit and suspension to it, add high power engine, transmission box and smart ecu and wala you get a factory made rice rocket. I am not into that. Flame suit - ON.

fpv_gtho
12-15-2006, 05:37 AM
GT-R is a great car but it was not race inspired. .

Ive read several referances that say the R32 GTR was built to capitalise on the Group A touring car regulations.

Jin1976
12-15-2006, 05:45 AM
True. But I cannot get over the fact that it is a Skyline that was first design as a family car. :)

OTOH I'm liking the new R35. Notice it is no longer a Skyline.

Ive read several referances that say the R32 GTR was built to capitalise on the Group A touring car regulations.

fpv_gtho
12-15-2006, 05:46 AM
So were alot of other cars competing in Group A at the time.

Ferrer
12-15-2006, 05:54 AM
So were alot of other cars competing in Group A at the time.
So where all Group A cars of the time I'd say.

mehrshadvr4
12-15-2006, 10:52 AM

but it didn't.:eek:

h00t_h00t
12-15-2006, 05:44 PM
OTOH I'm liking the new R35. Notice it is no longer a Skyline.
I thought the R35 is the four-door executive saloon thing known as the Infinity G35 outside of Japan, and this new GTR is looks more 350z based.

2ndclasscitizen
12-15-2006, 07:31 PM
I thought the R35 is the four-door executive saloon thing known as the Infinity G35 outside of Japan, and this new GTR is looks more 350z based.
The G35 is based off the 350Z platform, and is available as a wagon, sedan etc.

fpv_gtho
12-15-2006, 08:24 PM
but it didn't.:eek:

Didnt what, didnt capitalise?

If so, depends where you look. As soon as they were entered in the ATCC, there wasnt much stopping them.

Massai
12-15-2006, 09:59 PM
The G35 is based off the 350Z platform, and is available as a wagon, sedan etc.

But it is not based on the G35, or the 350Z, nissan is still developing the new

chasis now. And its not a SkyLine anymore, the new name is appropriate

Nissan GTR;)

Ferrer
12-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Didnt what, didnt capitalise?

If so, depends where you look. As soon as they were entered in the ATCC, there wasnt much stopping them.
I think he meant that it wasn't designed with Group A regulations in mind. The fact that it was emminently suited to Group A touring car racing was a coincedence, as well as winning most of the national Touring Car Championships it was entered in, leading to bans or new regulations to stop such dominance.

kingofthering
12-16-2006, 07:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-Mustang-GT-R-Street-Racer_W0QQitemZ330061821484QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6236 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Buy a Mustang GT-R
This guy seems to be convinced that it is a GT-R even if it has Nissan badges.

Kazou
12-26-2006, 02:16 AM
ok...i dunno why everyones saying skylines are so expensive...when they really arent at all.....just because the united states is emo and you have to enforce mods plus paper work that costs you money doesnt mean the car itself is expensive.....to drive it over here legally...yea....in japan...its dirt cheap......well not dirst cheap...but cheap enough to afford.

it's a nice car, its heavy but fun to drive...i drove a r32 once in texas, they're powerful too. its not amazing fast, you could probably compare it to a sti or evo...but it is a fun car to drive....and honestly thats probably more important than going faster. to some maybe not...but i think to most.

btw back in 00-01 the r34s were around 25k usd....its just legalizing anything in this country is expensive as hell

Rockefella
12-26-2006, 02:25 AM
ok...i dunno why everyones saying skylines are so expensive...when they really arent at all.....just because the united states is emo and you have to enforce mods plus paper work that costs you money doesnt mean the car itself is expensive.....to drive it over here legally...yea....in japan...its dirt cheap......well not dirst cheap...but cheap enough to afford.

it's a nice car, its heavy but fun to drive...i drove a r32 once in texas, they're powerful too. its not amazing fast, you could probably compare it to a sti or evo...but it is a fun car to drive....and honestly thats probably more important than going faster. to some maybe not...but i think to most.

btw back in 00-01 the r34s were around 25k usd....its just legalizing anything in this country is expensive as hell
We know they're not that expensive.. it's just the argument for it's price IN the United States due to the formalities. Obviously I don't live in Japan, so the price I'd pay for the wet-dream-machine in Japan has no effect on me, even though I dislike the car either way.

kingofthering
12-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Used cars in Japan are always dirt cheap.

Blame the shaken (MOT). It's cheaper to buy new than to maintain.

GT-R's are about 50K USD from this export company.

beefy
01-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Bang for buck the GT-R is an excellent starting point for a bit of Track work. Here in Australia they seem to beat almost anything it their path. Stock Standard I think they need a bit of work to engine and suspension but not much $ is required and you have a well tuned sports car that seats 4 comfortably.

Taken from post:
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145655

In-car footage from a Ferrari Track day on board a medium modified R33 GT-R
(Div-X)
http://bankboy.homeip.net/bankboy/gtr/jack_calder.avi

(Google Video)
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-1985799319740173669

(Results)
http://www.pless.com.au/internet.html

Sure it is amateur racing and the F50 or F40 probably weren't going 100% but on the straight they probably were going close to 100%. Make up your own minds.

h00t_h00t
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Driver skill will make a massive difference.

roneryder
01-03-2007, 05:47 AM
first of all I want to comment on the great threads you enthusiasts posts. Its freakin amazing, and i love it. No matter what the sport whether cars, motorcycles, baseball, or freakin tennis. we the fans of our own opinion are standing by what we believe is the best. Its great. Anyway. iM A MOTORCYCLE GUY, I RIDE A 2005 YZF R1.
Although I am not a car enthusiast, this question is.... "which car would you buy if you lived in japan?
I just recently moved here with my wife on military orders. I tend to purchase a car here and ship it back with me to the states in 2010.
i figured you guys in this forum were my perfect resource of information. I would greatly appreciate all peoples inputs. I think i just got talked out of getting a skyline reading most of the posts. they are fairly cheap cars i might add, especially on the military bases. For example 97 gt skylines anywhere from 1000us to 3000 stock WITH VERY LOW MILES.
THANKS GUYS . LATES

Prius
01-04-2007, 03:22 PM
The only thing I don't like about Skylines is that they talk about how their Uncle's Skyline smoked a McLaren. I still found it humorous when Jeremy Clarkson dragraced a McLaren against a skyline, and the McLaren beat it by about 6 seconds. If I can find a copy of that video, I'll post it, and make sure all those "Fanboys" will give it a good look.

IWantAnAudiRS6
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Where the hell have you been? :confused:

01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
The only thing I don't like about Skylines is that they talk about how their Uncle's Skyline smoked a McLaren. I still found it humorous when Jeremy Clarkson dragraced a McLaren against a skyline, and the McLaren beat it by about 6 seconds. If I can find a copy of that video, I'll post it, and make sure all those "Fanboys" will give it a good look.its been posted. Many times.

kingofthering
01-04-2007, 05:30 PM
This is Prius, remember. He eggnogged his parent's cars and acted all serious.

Viper007
01-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Let me sum this up for you: http://www.viperalley.com/forum/images/smilies/punkon.gif

SupraMan22
01-07-2007, 01:42 PM
This is Prius, remember. He eggnogged his parent's cars and acted all serious.

haha.

-----------

I'll tell you what i have agianst skylines. Nothing really, to be honest. It's the idiotic people who ruin them. I like supra's but you dont see me ranting posting pics or 9 second sup's on here. It's not i have problems with the car its self, i just have a problem with the little boys who stoke themselves because they think Skylines are teh god's of the world. enough said.....

Esperante
01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
How do tarriffs, customs and importation expenses make America 'emo,' dare I ask?

beefy
01-08-2007, 05:22 PM
The only thing I don't like about Skylines is that they talk about how their Uncle's Skyline smoked a McLaren. I still found it humorous when Jeremy Clarkson dragraced a McLaren against a skyline, and the McLaren beat it by about 6 seconds. If I can find a copy of that video, I'll post it, and make sure all those "Fanboys" will give it a good look.

I have the video. The McLaren was ranked one of or if not the best supercar in the world at that time. The video compares a stock Mclaren to a stock R33 GTR. A $1,000,000 car to a $60,000 car. I think it is not a fair comparison as the McLaren will destroy a 911 Turbo in pretty much the same way. Does that mean the 911 Turbo is a crap car? No the Mclaren is just in a league of its own.

The GTR is for sure not the best car but as said it is a good car to buy for some affordable fun. A few mods (4k) and it will boost the power to 220 kws @ wheels or with stage 2 mods (approx 12k) you can get them up to 320-340kws @ wheels. Stage 2 is still reliable.
So at the end of the day you can have a 320kw @ wheel car on the road for about 55-60k (AUD). With some good suspension they go round corners quite well.

Having said all this if I had the $ I would still get a GT3 RS.

By the way in Australia you only get 12mths dealer waranty for any new Porsche. This was surprising to me. Is the same in other countries?

Rockefella
01-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I have the video. The McLaren was ranked one of or if not the best supercar in the world at that time. The video compares a stock Mclaren to a stock R33 GTR. A $1,000,000 car to a $60,000 car. I think it is not a fair comparison as the McLaren will destroy a 911 Turbo in pretty much the same way. Does that mean the 911 Turbo is a crap car? No the Mclaren is just in a league of its own.

The GTR is for sure not the best car but as said it is a good car to buy for some affordable fun. A few mods (4k) and it will boost the power to 220 kws @ wheels or with stage 2 mods (approx 12k) you can get them up to 320-340kws @ wheels. Stage 2 is still reliable.
So at the end of the day you can have a 320kw @ wheel car on the road for about 55-60k (AUD). With some good suspension they go round corners quite well.

Having said all this if I had the $ I would still get a GT3 RS.

By the way in Australia you only get 12mths dealer waranty for any new Porsche. This was surprising to me. Is the same in other countries?
I actually respect this Skyline post. When I saw the 'new post' in this thread I got nervous. The whole Stage 1/2 modding I'm not sure about and sounds GranTurismo'ish, but, +1.

:Exige:
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
That's not the point he was making. The point he was making was that your typical Skyline fanboy will claim that the stock Skyline could 'whip the arse' off of a McLaren F1. We're not comparing the Skyline to the McLaren; only questioning the obvious invalidity of the stupid comments that Skyline fanboys make.

gtrjazz
04-03-2007, 05:44 AM
A Skyline is 6 seconds behind a F1 what nonsense :p see below
1997 McLaren F1
0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
0-100 mph: 7.7 sec
Quarter Mile: 11.6 sec @ 125 mph
Skidpad: .86g
Top Speed: 231 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 127 ft
Slalom Speed: 64.5 mph

My 1991 GTR stage one (Re-chip+ Exhaust) 0-60 3.7 Quarter mile 11.9

The reason Skyline GTRs are admired is that they deliver super car shaming performance for a production car price.
Which is why I own two of them (Now a bit faster that quoted above;) )

IBrake4Rainbows
04-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Those are some pretty impressive figures your quoting - do you have the run sheets/pictures of your Skylines for us to view?

and the F1 is still quicker than your car ;)

gtrjazz
04-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Those are some pretty impressive figures your quoting - do you have the run sheets/pictures of your Skylines for us to view?

and the F1 is still quicker than your car ;)

But is it faster? my figures are real world ,so without a perfect road surface and temperatures. With the effects of BHP loss due to age I think my car will be faster.
The best 0 to 60 for a stage 1 car is 3.4 secs using a twin plate clutch,chip,exhaust mods only, not far away at all from the F1time.;)

h00t_h00t
04-03-2007, 04:29 PM
An F1 is actually a much better car on the road than a Skyline GTR could ever hope to be.

Rockefella
04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Another car x + mods vs. supercar battle.

kingofthering
04-03-2007, 05:05 PM
At least the owner of the McLaren F1 can rest easy knowing that the dumbass dOriFTOZKinGZ who owned the GT-R that passed him in a school zone with the obnoxious exhaust will never have a car as rare as the F1.

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 03:18 AM
An F1 is actually a much better car on the road than a Skyline GTR could ever hope to be.

Speaking from experience?:rolleyes:

I would have thought it would be a very harsh ride? At least you can fit four people in my Skyline.

Another car x + mods vs. supercar battle.

Not really the chip has to be changed for UK fuel 98 Ron as I suspect the F1 has to. A stainless steel exhaust lasts longer in the UK weather

At least the owner of the McLaren F1 can rest easy knowing that the dumbass dOriFTOZKinGZ who owned the GT-R that passed him in a school zone with the obnoxious exhaust will never have a car as rare as the F1.

And the GTR owner will be happy he has saved £100000 on the purchase price and £££££s on the expensive servicing bills.
Racing in a school zone no I can just cruise around at 30mph everyone knows how fast the car is so what is the point.
Now a track day is another matter.

Cyco
04-04-2007, 03:49 AM
I would have thought it would be a very harsh ride? At least you can fit four people in my Skyline.

The ride in a McLaren is sprung to be very comfortable, esp as the tyres still have a reasonable sidewall hight.

The rear seats in the Skyline are pretty small - the Mc may be 1 short, but the 3rd will be more comfortable

Not really the chip has to be changed for UK fuel 98 Ron as I suspect the F1 has to. A stainless steel exhaust lasts longer in the UK weather

The F1 does not need to be chip tuned.

Neither Titanium or Inconel rust, so stainless isn't needed.

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 04:25 AM
The ride in a McLaren is sprung to be very comfortable, esp as the tyres still have a reasonable sidewall hight..

As is the Skyline GTR

The rear seats in the Skyline are pretty small - the Mc may be 1 short, but the 3rd will be more comfortable..

Until he arrives at the destination with no luggage

The F1 does not need to be chip tuned...

I don’t need Nissan HQ to regally monitor, and updated by telemetry my ECU

Neither Titanium or Inconel rust, so stainless isn't needed.

Titanium exhausts are available for the skyline, but I thought the weight saving would give me a unfair advantage

Cyco
04-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Apart that it has more boot/ baggage space than a Festiva. How often do you fill a boot?

I don’t need Nissan HQ to regally monitor, and updated by telemetry my ECU

You don't need to do that on a McLaren either, but if its a factory souped up family car they make in the thousands it doesn't really matter if you hurt it. When you have 1 of 64 road going cars of the 1 type then you tend to look after it.

Titanium exhausts are available for the skyline, but I thought the weight saving would give me a unfair advantage

Unfair advantage? the McLaren comes stock with them.

Skylines are nice, but fanboys like you are the reason I'll never buy one. People might think I'm that stupid enough to compare my over done family car with a stock factory supercar.

IBrake4Rainbows
04-04-2007, 06:10 AM
That last comment was a Baiter if ever i've seen one.

The Skyline is a very, very good car for what it is - a done up family saloon. but lets not give it ideas above it's station. in fact i'm surprised any live up to expectation considering the burden of fanboydom usually put on them.

2ndclasscitizen
04-04-2007, 06:19 AM
To be fair, the GTR must be pretty damn good. Basically unbeatable in touring car racing in the early 90's, EVO even put the R34 in their top 10 cars ever list. But their reaction to it was nothing like that toward the Macca. gtrjazz, just because your GTR can accelerate as quick as an F1 means nothing. It could not hope to hold a candle to it in any other situation. The F1 is lighter, mid-engined, more aerodynamic, it was designed to be the greatest road car ever. What can the GTR offer toward that?

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 08:47 AM
gtrjazz, just because your GTR can accelerate as quick as an F1 means nothing. It could not hope to hold a candle to it in any other situation. The F1 is lighter, mid-engined, more aerodynamic, it was designed to be the greatest road car ever. What can the GTR offer toward that?

The F1 is a nice package but by its nature its engineering on the limit, you cannot double the power output of the car, remember I am only talking about a near standard GTR. Yes the F1 is light but because of that the engine block walls will be thin.
What have they ever achieved in motorsport? would they have the reliability to be at max power for a full race like the GTR, granted a better car on the bends but for how many laps.

You don't need to do that on a McLaren either, but if its a factory souped up family car they make in the thousands it doesn't really matter if you hurt it. When you have 1 of 64 road going cars of the 1 type then you tend to look after it

Its a sports car not a piece of Waterford crystal, if you have to nurse it and lock it away its not a lot of use. The Skyline is a greater car because it has touched more peoples lifes and acheved a lot more , what is the F1 famous for ? I think Mr Bean crashed one once.

And yes I am quite a Fan

6speed
04-04-2007, 09:12 AM
The F1 is a nice package but by its nature its engineering on the limit, you cannot double the power output of the car, remember I am only talking about a near standard GTR. Yes the F1 is light but because of that the engine block walls will be thin.
What have they ever achieved in motorsport? would they have the reliability to be at max power for a full race like the GTR, granted a better car on the bends but for how many laps.

Its a sports car not a piece of Waterford crystal, if you have to nurse it and lock it away its not a lot of use. The Skyline is a greater car because it has touched more peoples lifes and acheved a lot more , what is the F1 famous for ? I think Mr Bean crashed one once.

And yes I am quite a Fan

Let's stop this once and for all.

The McLaren F1 is a Longitudely mounted, V12, snipp snorting, 627hp beast created all the way back in 1993! 1993! The Bugatti Veyron has absolutely crushed it's performance, HOWEVER, a Mclaren still performs Exquisitely for it's age.

As does the GT-R.

This is an unfair battle. For one, a GT-R is a Tuner Car, where as an F1 is a straight Exotic, with no use to tune. You can if you want, but you do not have to, it's fast out of the box. The GT-R HOWEVER, is relatively quick, but certainly does not have the same speed out of the box. But after many hours, and many mistakes, it's possible to create an insanely fast GT-R. It's up to you if you want too.

It comes down to this:

Do you want to pay a million plus for a car that could kill most street GT-R's?

Or are you the other person, who wants to pay 20,000 pounds, and spend another 20,000 creating a car that can at least stand up to an F1.

The lure is completely different. So make your own decisions, and your own conclusions. It's okay if you want the power and the exclusiveness of the F1, but it's also okay if you want the communication between your wants and your money, with the GT-R.

Matra et Alpine
04-04-2007, 09:20 AM
The F1 is a nice package but by its nature its engineering on the limit, you cannot double the power output of the car
So on that basis the Ford Escort is even better than the GTR because it had 4 times the power in competition of the road version ?
Silly comparison.
And yes you CAN double the output of the BMW engine, but then it upsets the balance of the car -- too much power.

Yes the F1 is light but because of that the engine block walls will be thin.
Pure conjecture.
Best not to make statements like that in public forums.
You get away with it down the pub with mates, but here it'll get pulled up for the BS it is :)

What have they ever achieved in motorsport?
erm, perhaps you shodul look into their record in 95-97 :)

would they have the reliability to be at max power for a full race like the GTR
Cough, what like LE MANS 24h ?
Or JGTC ( the first non-Japanes to win )

granted a better car on the bends but for how many laps.
A lot more than the GTR managed at Le Mans :D nwhere they were beaten by .... gues what .... a McLaren :D

It woudl do well to do research before posting in future.

The GTR is a great car, but as has been already stated the kind of fanboy-ism demonstrated in your posts is why most folks hate it.

kingofthering
04-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Funny you mention that, I remember seeing a video of someone picking up a McLaren F1 and guess what? It has fitted luggage behind one of the side panels.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2894700317215595316&q=McLaren+F1+delivery

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine;689644]So on that basis the Ford Escort is even better than the GTR because it had 4 times the power in competition of the road version ?
Silly comparison.
And yes you CAN double the output of the BMW engine, but then it upsets the balance of the car -- too much power.

Do have a link to the information how to double the power of a F1 always willing to learn [QUOTE=Matra et Alpine;689644]
Pure conjecture.
Best not to make statements like that in public forums.
You get away with it down the pub with mates, but here it'll get pulled up for the BS it is [QUOTE]

Its a engineering probability can you prove its BS or is that conjecture

[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine;689644]
erm, perhaps you shodul look into their record in 95-97 [QUOTE]

Notice the question mark? I was asking not saying they had no motorsport success

Cough, what like LE MANS 24h ?
Or JGTC ( the first non-Japanes to win )

A lot more than the GTR managed at Le Mans :D nwhere they were beaten by .... gues what .... a McLaren :D

It woudl do well to do research before posting in future.[QUOTE]

Thats the point I would need to do research, most people know of the GTR track success

The GTR is a great car, but as has been already stated the kind of fanboy-ism demonstrated in your posts is why most folks hate it .[QUOTE]

They hate it because they dont believe it could be so good

kingofthering
04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Dude.... it isn't.

Any car with 100,000 dollars/pounds/yen/RMB/dinar/euros will smoke a Bugatti Veyron.

As for track success, yes the GT-R was good, I agree with you, but it's not a F1-smoker. If it was, why didn't it win outright at LeMans?

Don't use the JGTC excuse, there were 10 GT-Rs and 1 F1 GTR.

Oh, eggnog your GT-R.

Prove that you have one by wrapping a strip of paper with your username around the shift knob and post the pictures.

Ferrer
04-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Plus the Skyline in the JGTC has absolutely nothing to do with the road going car. Unlike the McLaren F1.

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Dude.... it isn't.

Any car with 100,000 dollars/pounds/yen/RMB/dinar/euros will smoke a Bugatti Veyron.

As for track success, yes the GT-R was good, I agree with you, but it's not a F1-smoker. If it was, why didn't it win outright at LeMans?

Oh, eggnog your GT-R.

Prove that you have one by wrapping a strip of paper with your username around the shift knob and post the pictures.

LeMans is just one race you could re run it a dozen times and a different team would win each time, you could get stuck behind traffic have a mechanical problem, bust a tyre get a hole in the radiator anything thats racing.
I have Egg nogged in the past if you do a search

Matra et Alpine
04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
LeMans is just one race you could re run it a dozen times and a different team would win each time, you could get stuck behind traffic have a mechanical problem, bust a tyre get a hole in the radiator anything thats racing.
yeah sure.
Shame that NONE of those caused the GT-R to lag the F1s.
Stop being a fanboy, Le Mans is THE endurance race. You made stupid claims and been called out on it.
Bend over and take it like a man !!!!!!!!

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Cut from a McLarren F1 Racing page
However a shock occurrence happened at the end of the season when the Take One McLaren was able to secure overall victory at Mine Circuit, a mere nine seconds ahead of a factory Nissan Skyline GT-R, and helping boost Team Take One to 8th in the teams championship.

Well they were not so dismissive of the Skyline GTR and that was the heaver R34GTR they were racing

Take it like a man, the only view you will get of my car will be the arse end:D but you wont catch it

jcp123
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
The only problems I have with Skylines are fuel injection, they're too high-strung, and fanboys. Yes, you know who you are.

scottie300z
04-04-2007, 01:30 PM
I know its been shown numerous times but it gets the point across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kss8Et3tPHc

And as far as which one is better between the tuned skyline and the stock McLaren, I do like the GTR but come on, I take the one that is obviously better designed in every aspect. The McLaren. You dont have to screw with perfection.

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Another extract from the F1 page

With the upgraded 1997-spec cars, McLaren returned with six entries the following year. Now facing not only Porsche, but also Lister, Panoz, and Nissan, the McLarens again performed well. Only two entries managed to finish,

Shame:rolleyes: at least they fixed it for the one year they won LeMans
Fuel injection nope no problems there on the GTR, can someone tell me what a fan boy is

The_Canuck
04-04-2007, 01:37 PM

With the upgraded 1997-spec cars, McLaren returned with six entries the following year. Now facing not only Porsche, but also Lister, Panoz, and Nissan, the McLarens again performed well. Only two entries managed to finish,

Shame:rolleyes: at least they fixed it for the one year they won LeMans
Fuel injection nope no problems there on the GTR, can someone tell me what a fan boy is

I guess they don't know who they are JCP.

scottie300z
04-04-2007, 01:44 PM

well since only 2 entries managed to finish maybe they shouldnt of screwed with it. ;)

while your right they changed the car, they did it so they can enter certain race series, the fact that the car wasnt built to race in every race series does not take back from how well it was designed. And its absurd to not think they should update a car that was made in 1993, and even after that they didnt change much. relax with the fanboy stuff

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 01:54 PM

And as far as which one is better between the tuned skyline and the stock McLaren, I do like the GTR but come on, I take the one that is obviously better designed in every aspect. The McLaren. You dont have to screw with perfection.

CLARKSON! The idiot could not even get the car details right he used a R33 not a R34GTR :D by the way the R33s I have seen run high 13sec quarter miles not the low 12s high 11s of the stage one R32GTR
Just a load of over hyped TV nonsense.
How did the R34 GTRs get on in the other: youtubeclips against Ferraris wiped arse :D as you would expect

Rockefella
04-04-2007, 01:59 PM
CLARKSON! The idiot could not even get the car details right he used a R33 not a R34GTR :D by the way the R33s I have seen run high 13sec quarter miles not the low 12s high 11s of the stage one R32GTR
Just a load of over hyped TV nonsense.
How did the R34 GTRs get on in the other: youtubeclips against Ferraris wiped arse :D as you would expect

Stop drinking the kool-aid.

nota
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
by the way the R33s I have seen run high 13sec quarter miles
That's a surprisingly underwhelming time, given all the Skyline hype

jcp123
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Fuel injection nope no problems there on the GTR

What I meant was, fuel injection IS the problem.

I guess they don't know who they are JCP.

Nope!

Zytek_Fan
04-04-2007, 02:10 PM
However a shock occurrence happened at the end of the season when the Take One McLaren was able to secure overall victory at Mine Circuit, a mere nine seconds ahead of a factory Nissan Skyline GT-R, and helping boost Team Take One to 8th in the teams championship.

Well they were not so dismissive of the Skyline GTR and that was the heaver R34GTR they were racing

Take it like a man, the only view you will get of my car will be the arse end:D but you wont catch it
I think Matra's Mazda RX-8 PZ could whoop your Skyline's ass

gtrjazz
04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
If it has a RX7 triple rotor with a big single then you are probably right.

*Racing beat's Bonneville racer makes 900+ hp with a triple turbo peripheral port 13G
*The above figures were all mid-late 1990s. In 2002 some drag racers are claiming 1200hp.

But then who would not have trouble keeping up

h00t_h00t
04-04-2007, 04:10 PM

The angry fanboy comments underneath that video are just brilliant.

cmcpokey
04-04-2007, 04:16 PM

3 rotor 20b was only available in the cosmo, never the rx, although there are many rx's with them installed aftermarket.

Zytek_Fan
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM

*Racing beat's Bonneville racer makes 900+ hp with a triple turbo peripheral port 13G
*The above figures were all mid-late 1990s. In 2002 some drag racers are claiming 1200hp.

But then who would not have trouble keeping up

Maybe you should give us a link to your quotes...

nota
04-04-2007, 05:33 PM
The angry fanboy comments underneath that video are just brilliant.
I waded through that lot too, incredible stuff! :D Seems like it's mostly comprised of a lot of angry foul-mouthed yanks who are stuck in an imagination-rut through over-worshipping Skylines which the poor saps never could buy new. Street-cred becomes street-crud and all told it is almost enough to permanently ensure that I for one disassociate myself from any possibility of ever wanting (let alone owning) these particular vehicles

kingofthering
04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
yeah sure.
Shame that NONE of those caused the GT-R to lag the F1s.
Stop being a fanboy, Le Mans is THE endurance race. You made stupid claims and been called out on it.
Bend over and take it like a man !!!!!!!!
Matra, you are wrong. The ultimate endurance race is the 24hrs. of Nuerburgring!

If you race Matra's RX-8, it'll turn into that episode of Initial D where Nakazoto races Takumi where the heavy GT-R ends understeering at the end of the race into the guardrail while the lightweight AE86 manages to win.

Stop drinking the kool-aid.
I believe he should also stop hitting the "whacky-tobacky"

Equinox
04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
OK. Now people are comparing a Skyline to a McLaren F1. Skyline fanboy's are a strange breed that have no clue about cars. Now I see why so many of you don't like them. This is rediculous.

Can anyone tell me what the fanboys were saying in the video. I can't veiw it, but I would love to hear what they said. Just so my blood pressure can rise alittle more, from hearing what stupid comments they say.