View Full Version : World's Fastest Front-Drive Nissan

Niko_Fx
03-28-2004, 03:13 PM
10.50 @ 144.2 1992 Nissan NX 2000 GTi-R

http://www.f2uning.com/pages/9/index.htm

There's also a 11.74 sec Civic.
And a 11.86 sec Talon.

Got this info from an article on the web page:

""""""Imports are here to stay. It’s a new era of drag racing that some people don’t like but it’s also bringing new technology and sportsmanship to an age old game. Yes it is a little tougher getting 400+ horsepower to the ground with the front tires but it can and has been done. Here at Spokane Raceway Park we do see the flocks of Honda’s, Mitsubishi’s, and VW’s and they are starting to lay down some impressive numbers. Mickey Norisada clearly has had the fastest import front wheel drive car ever at Spokane with his Nissan NX2000; he has eclipsed the 10.50 mark at over 140 MPH! The most current and active fast import FWD driver is Chris Herrbach. Chris has taken the name Rabbit to a whole new level. His VW’s 4 cylinder has surpassed 400 horsepower and has moved this pocket rocket to a best of 11.02 @ 133 MPH, and he hasn’t added the ‘juice’….. yet.""""""

(Small Pics... Sorry)

GT500
03-28-2004, 05:09 PM
wow! Fast little thign they got there..... :)

fpv_gtho
03-28-2004, 05:25 PM
although impressive, my money would be spent on RWD still.

Niko_Fx
03-28-2004, 05:57 PM
although impressive, my money would be spent on RWD still.

Mine too! ;)

I found it interesting so I made the thread tho. :)

AKlingel
07-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Pretty good for a FWD... but I guess when it comes to drag racing I am still all for the RWD. Plus it makes sense in terms of physics.... that hard launch equals weight transfer rearward.... and therefore more pressure on the rear tires. :) FWD is a good setup for driving in the winter... and nice reliable transport for sedans... but I guess they can drag race them now too ;)