PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatecarpage.com Pebble Beach report and slideshows

Wouter Melissen
08-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Last weekend thousands of automotive enthusiasts made the annual pilgrimage to Monterey, California for a series of action packed events, all building up to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance; arguably the best concours in the world. Thanks to the strict selection criteria, there is a different line up every year of rare and unusual vehicles on the 18th fairway. Organized annually from 1950, the Concours is steeped in tradition, but fortunately the organizers are always on the look out for improvement. In recent years they successfully got rid of the 'trailer queen' image by adding the Tour d'Elegance to the program and this year the number of cars on the field was considerably decreased, which made things a lot more comfortable for everyone. As always a number of manufacturers and themes are celebrated, and this year it was time for Delahaye and Voisin to take centre stage. While Delahayes are concours regulars, it was a true pleasure to see the largest collection of Voisins assembled since the factory ceased production in the late 1930s. The unusual Voisins were joined by equally extravagant vehicles of that era like the Bucciali TAV 12, a Bugatti Type 57 with a unique waterfall grille and the only Tatra V12; the most expensive car ever built in the Czech Republic. More modern rarities included the recently completed Ferrari 125 S, a Monteverdi HAI and a Zagato bodied Lamborghini 350 GT.
We spent most of Thursday along some of the most beautiful roads to capture the Tour and all of Sunday on the meticulously prepared Pebble grass to not miss a beat of the Concours. Since the night fell over the exclusive resort, we have worked hard to prepare our exclusive report and two slideshows of 70 images and 260 images for the Tour and Concours respectively. Our breathtaking pictorial exploration captures the events in their entirety and in the 2000 word report we highlight the most noteworthy vehicles present. Enjoy!

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance report and slideshows
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=event_item.php&rid=90

Regards,
Wouter Melissen

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-23-2006, 12:38 PM
A few cars in there really tickled my fancy...

- Voisin C20 Simoun Demi-Berline
- Ferrari 400 Superamerica
- Packard 1005 Coupé Roadster

Nice pics.

ScionDriver
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Just a question Wouter, but how do you know all the types of cars you are taking a picture of, and if you don't how do you figure it out? I mean when they are driving by I doubt you can immediately know what it is. Maybe you can, I am just asking!

henk4
08-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Just a question Wouter, but how do you know all the types of cars you are taking a picture of, and if you don't how do you figure it out? I mean when they are driving by I doubt you can immediately know what it is. Maybe you can, I am just asking!

The PB Concours produces a nice programme that has all the names of the individual cars, and their owners...

Dino Scuderia
08-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Lot's of very nice cars and pics, especially the coastal pics.

Love the ATS 2500, hope to see one of those someday.

henk4
08-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Love the ATS 2500, hope to see one of those someday.

indeed one of these enigmatic cars....will be featured soon (as well as the Hai)

baddabang
08-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Great pics as usual W.