PDA

View Full Version : Car Music

6speed
08-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Of course there are always those songs that talk about cars, like black cars look better in the shade and stuff, but then there are real car songs.

I have a few to put on a disc for my friends like you to enjoy.

:)

Carla Vallet- Streets Of Tomorrow
Junkie XL- Today
Jurassic 5- Where we at
Kora Jazz Trio- Sindi

Share some of your own. They don't have to be songs about cars, just some driving music:)

KonaGreen
08-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Cars - Gary Numan (Dave Clarke remix)
Just Ride - Dave Clarke

I know more, but my brain is shot right now.

6speed
08-25-2006, 11:28 AM
So it's not the original cars? That's what I mean. I don't want something about cars, I want something that can make you feel confident to be in a car.

Nazmacher
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Queen- Dont Stop Me Now
Van Halen- Jump, Dreams
Aerosmith- Girls Of Summer (dunno y)
Deep Purple- Highway Star

6speed
08-25-2006, 11:37 AM
That's what I like to see:)

blingbling
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
It is impossible to cruise to any type of rock music, honestly.

When I am in a sporty car, I like my trance
When I am in a tourer/cruiser, I like my R&B
When I am in a truck, I like my southern hip-hop

ribatejo69
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Janis Joplin, 'Mercedes Benz'

6speed
08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Janis Joplin, 'Mercedes Benz'

That's a song about a car.

Suka
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Poison - Talk Dity To Me...

:rolleyes:

Klemmel
08-25-2006, 01:29 PM
The Highwaymen - Highwayman ;)

Nazmacher
08-25-2006, 02:02 PM
It is impossible to cruise to any type of rock music, honestly.

Maybe certain types of rock, but not all. That's a generalisation.

Lagonda
08-25-2006, 02:41 PM
The Distance - Cake

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time
The green light flashes, the flags go up
Churning and burning they yearn for the cup

They deftly manuver and muscle for rank
Fuels burning fast on an empty tank
Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns
Their prowess is potent and secretly stern

As they speed through the finish, the flags go down
The fans get up and they get out of town
The arena is empty except for one man
Still driving and striving as fast as he can

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up
Not long ago somebody left with the cup
But he's driving and striving an hugging the turns
And thinking of someone for who he still burns

He's going the distance
He's going for speed
She's all alone, all alone, all alone in a time of need

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse
He's going the distance

No trophies, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no lime
He's haunted by something he cannot define
Bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
Assail him and bail him with monster truck force

In his mind he's still driving, still making the grade
She's hoping in time that her memories will fade
'Cause he's racing and pacing and plotting the course

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up
Not long ago somebody left with the cup
But he's striving and driving and hugging the turns
And thinking of someone for who he still burns

'Cause he's going the distance,
He's going for speed
She's all alone
All alone
All alone
In a time of need

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
He's racing and pacing and plotting the course
He's fighting and biting and ridding on his horse
He's going the distance
He's going for speed
He's going the distance

Also, Stickshifts and Safetybelts and Satan Is My Motor by Cake. Oh and Race Car Ya-Yas and Long Line of Cars. Car nuts those guys.

But The Distance is the only "driving-song" though.

6speed
08-25-2006, 02:59 PM
That's a song about driving. I think you misunderstand me. I meant songs that have nothing to do with cars but have to do with feeling good while driving.

ScionDriver
08-25-2006, 03:07 PM
I have a whole CD, some songs about cars/driving, others figurative (Highway 61 by Bob Dylan, Life in the Fast Lane - Ealgles) but other songs I enjoy driving to:

Freebird by Lynryd Skynrd
25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago
Long Train a Runnin' - Doobie Brothers
LA Woman - The Doors
Radar Love - Golden Earring
Inna Gadda Da Vida - Iron Butterfly
Going to California - Led Zeppelin
When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
(Most any Led Zeppelin works)
High Fiving Mother F---ers - Local H
Aneursym - Nirvana
Most any song by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
La Grange - ZZ Top
Peter Gunn Theme - Blues Brothers

Lagonda
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
That's a song about driving. I think you misunderstand me. I meant songs that have nothing to do with cars but have to do with feeling good while driving.
Yeah I understood but you wanted. And The Distance is a good driving song like I said in my post.

blackhonda
08-25-2006, 03:26 PM
These work for me:
Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica
Panama - Van Halen
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult

play them loud!!:D

6speed
08-25-2006, 03:29 PM
She Sells Sanctuary is an amazing song.

Here's a few more:

Broken Wings- Mr Mister
NUMB- Jay Z ft Linkin Park
Running in the Night- Lionel Ritchie

blackhonda
08-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Some more...
Baby please don't go - AC/DC (Bon Scott vocals)
Powerful Stuff - The Fabulous Thunderbirds
New Years Day - U2

6speed
08-25-2006, 03:41 PM
With or without you-U2.

kingofthering
08-25-2006, 04:53 PM
The Honda VTEC song :p
Sample Lyrics- 'Paint my hood black for that carbon fiber look
my windshield wiper lights are off the f**king hook

It also mentions a JC Whitney spoiler, APC decals, racing stripes, Type-R stickers, and Pep Boys neon lights.

Or it could be Noizy Tribe by M.O.V.E., or Helicopter by Bloc Party. EA games and Microsoft seem to agree because Burnout Revnege and Project Gotham Racer both have Helicopter.

Vindesh17
08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
The BMW I-6 song.

taz_rocks_miami
08-25-2006, 09:14 PM
In the air tonight - Phill Collins. I love to listen to it while driving at night.

PerfAdv
08-25-2006, 09:19 PM
"Drive" by The Cars

drakkie
08-26-2006, 01:49 AM
The rolling stones - Paint it black
Anything Depeche Mode especially the 80's ones :)
MarcoV-Funkbattery
Sam Sharp - ERROR
Sander van Doorn - S.O.S (SvD remix)
MarcoV - False Light
Golden Earing - Radar love
BT - Dreaming (tiesto remix)
Age of love - Age of love

Those are basically the songs i really love and listen to when underway on my bike or in the bus.

acemotorsport
08-26-2006, 02:03 AM
i drive better if i listen to hiphop and/or rnb no rock crap that pisses me of unless its that soft rock stuff

NuclearCrap
08-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Lol I listen to classical music whenever I get behind the Logitech wheels, and I'm sure I'll continue to do so when I get my first car. It's relaxing. :p

Suka
08-26-2006, 03:00 AM
To be honest when i am driving all i will be listening to is the engine. It wont have a radio/CD player type thing. Too much weight...:rolleyes: ;)

LotusLocost
08-26-2006, 04:53 AM
To be honest when i am driving all i will be listening to is the engine. It wont have a radio/CD player type thing. Too much weight...:rolleyes: ;)

The lovelyness of a seven;)
A goood excuse for droping the cd/radio:D

6speed
08-26-2006, 07:49 AM
In the air tonight - Phill Collins. I love to listen to it while driving at night.

My god man... you have a point...:D:D

That is a great driving song. Especially if you have high fidelity surround sound. When the word Remember comes in, you get goosebumps...

Actually there's a story as to why that song was made. Here it is:).

The story has to do with Phil Collins supposedly watching his close friend drown from a nearby cliff (His friend was homosexual), while he stood helpless, too far away to rescue. In addition, supposedly there was another friend of Phil's who could have rescued the friend but just stood idly by, and wouldn't help the drowning man because he was gay.

Many years later, the friend who had never helped out the drowned man was invited to a concert of Phil's.

The spotlight was pointed directly onto the friend while the lyrics were sang, and the man started to cry, and after the song violently ran out of the stadium in tears.

Although no one knows what happened in between that incident and this, they do know that he was found to have hung himself. It's said he commited suicide to douse the pain of Phil's song.

As far as I know, there are many rumours, including the one that Phil's wife divorced him, and he wrote this song for her. Either way, that's the one I know, and I hope you guy's liked it.

ScionDriver
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Some albums I enjoy driving to (Not just songs or even Mix CDs, but albums):

The Moon and Antartica - Modest Mouse - This CD is amazing, especially for night or rainy conditions, and it is perfect if it is both

Doobie Brothers Greatest Hits - Ugh, just spectacular, good for highway or backroads.

Cronicles - Creedance Clearwater Revival (Greatest Hits) - Start the CD as you pull onto a highway on ramp and the first song kicks in perfectly as you merge on. Amazing.

Blues Brothers Original Movie Soundtrack - Perfect cruising music. Ride around town with the windows down. Its great.

IV - Led Zeppelin - My favorite songs aren't even the most well-known on the album. Good for any type of driving.

kingofthering
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
My god man... you have a point...:D:D

That is a great driving song. Especially if you have high fidelity surround sound. When the word Remember comes in, you get goosebumps...

Actually there's a story as to why that song was made. Here it is:).

The story has to do with Phil Collins supposedly watching his close friend drown from a nearby cliff (His friend was homosexual), while he stood helpless, too far away to rescue. In addition, supposedly there was another friend of Phil's who could have rescued the friend but just stood idly by, and wouldn't help the drowning man because he was gay.

Many years later, the friend who had never helped out the drowned man was invited to a concert of Phil's.

The spotlight was pointed directly onto the friend while the lyrics were sang, and the man started to cry, and after the song violently ran out of the stadium in tears.

Although no one knows what happened in between that incident and this, they do know that he was found to have hung himself. It's said he commited suicide to douse the pain of Phil's song.

As far as I know, there are many rumours, including the one that Phil's wife divorced him, and he wrote this song for her. Either way, that's the one I know, and I hope you guy's liked it.
It was also in the Family Guy episode Petergeist. Stewie sings it when he's in the tv and includes drum effects.

meLIKEYtheCHEVY
08-27-2006, 06:52 PM
I know everyone will think i'm a dumbass for sayin this, but i have a yerf-dog go-kart with a porsche(pronounced "poor-shuh", not "poorsh") flat-6. the thing is so damn fast, it can hit 500mph! anyway, the song i like to play a lot on he stereo at home is a house techno song called "Turbo Carrera" by Hawke & Jaeson Lee that actually has a recording of a 996 turbo accelerating & decelerating while the music plays... oh GOD i love that song...

6speed
08-27-2006, 11:14 PM
500mph is pretty fast. If you can't reach that speed with a Flat 6, maybe by adding a can of whoop ass to the back of a grocery cart you could get the same effect.

Nazmacher
08-28-2006, 03:29 PM
500mph is pretty fast. If you can't reach that speed with a Flat 6, maybe by adding a can of whoop ass to the back of a grocery cart you could get the same effect.

:D Stop giving him ideas!!!!!:D

külkedisi
08-30-2006, 07:39 AM
istanbul attack=click click boom