PDA

View Full Version : The end of your dream

drakkie
08-27-2006, 04:40 AM
Check out this website made by an owner of a Lamborghini Murcielago. He is far from positive about his dream car.

Happy reading:
http://www.lambounfall.de/indexe.html

P.S.: Read the entire story and not just a part of it. It is worth it.

adrenaline
08-27-2006, 05:28 AM
I remember seeing this a while ago...

I blame the driver:D

Lamborghini Murciélago + Autobahn + male = Well you get the point...;)

EDIT: I didn't read the story so my opinion is probably incorrect....

Quiggs
08-27-2006, 05:34 AM
See, Lamborghinis suck.

But poor quality is common on $400,000 limited production sports cars. Just look at some of the panel gaps on 70's and 80's Ferraris.

adrenaline
08-27-2006, 06:16 AM
After reading it the situation with all of those Lambo crashes seems a little strange. Something is definately not right...even 3 lambo test drivers crashed??!

DesmoRob
08-27-2006, 07:52 AM
That really sucks. I loved the Murciealago:(. Now I'm scared to be a passenger in one over 50km/h for fear of being thrown into a store or the lake.

Mr.Tiv
08-27-2006, 07:53 AM
What a shitty car. If it only happened once I'd write it off as driver error, but there is definately some wrong with that car. I don't know why Lamborghini seems to be making suck poor quality cars, I mean Audi is in charge.

Street_Dreamer
08-27-2006, 08:00 AM
aren't the new Lambos meant to be amazing??? after reading reviews (obviously not driving myself, i've come to the viewpoint that they're pretty bloody good)

NSXType-R
08-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I've seen that article somewhere. It makes me want to get an NSX even more now, instead of that exotic Italian car. :D

DesmoRob
08-27-2006, 12:30 PM
I've seen that article somewhere. It makes me want to get an NSX even more now, instead of that exotic Italian car. :D

NSX is the way to go. It's quite possibly the most well screwed together sports car out there. I've never heard a single bad thing about them. Plus they look amazing. Pictures however, do not do them justice, they must be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated

zeppelin
08-27-2006, 03:02 PM
NSX is the way to go. It's quite possibly the most well screwed together sports car out there. I've never heard a single bad thing about them. Plus they look amazing. Pictures however, do not do them justice, they must be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated

So very true, for some reason they look 20x better in life than pictures... and they already look good in photos.

Pando
08-27-2006, 03:04 PM
See, Lamborghinis suck.Now that's what I've been saying. The new ones might look good, but if you ask me there hasn't been a proper Lambo for almost 40 years.

Mr.Tiv
08-27-2006, 03:38 PM
if you ask me there hasn't been a proper Lambo for almost 40 years.
Very true. Especially true of the new awd models.

DesmoRob
08-27-2006, 03:46 PM
This came as a shock to me. Either I've been living in a cave, or nobody ever talks about these problems that Lambos have. I'm starting to worry about Ferrari now, but I highly doubt that they would have the same issues. Or so I hope.

Nazmacher
08-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't know whether I'm scared or surprised. Actually both. I remember reading, at the time the Murcielago (and also the Gallardo) was road tested that journalists (from more than one mag) were impressed with the overall quality and feel of things, and hailed Audi.

After reading that I'm not so sure. But then again its one man's word. Don't get me wrong, this is probably the fist time I felt for the passenger in a supercar crash, rather then foul mouth him.

Let's hope Ferrari's aren't dogged with compromise. The last thing we want is an Enzo crash conspiracy.

kko
08-27-2006, 04:27 PM
So very true, for some reason they look 20x better in life than pictures... and they already look good in photos.
I agree, no reaasons to get a lambo when those are out there, theirs a gorgeous dark blue one with a real smooth exuahst around ehre somewhere.:cool:

carsnut
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
what happened? Just hope the owner has insurance

kingofthering
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
The owner's 5000km Lamborghini Murcielago crashed on the autobahn for no apparent reason. The owner blames Lamborghini/Audi for the failure and he lists... hey go read the website :D. I'm not going to spoil the tragic story.
anyway, it's an exotic car. You live with the defects because it's a handbuilt sportscar. They're not perfect.

Mr.Tiv
08-27-2006, 06:59 PM
You live with the defects because it's a handbuilt sportscar. They're not perfect.
Ideosyncrasies are half the fun, but catastrophic failure is hard to live with.

taz_rocks_miami
08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Very true. Especially true of the new awd models.

So, technological advance is a bad thing?

6speed
08-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Sounds like the Countach is back...

bmwpower
08-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Well Car and driver did a test drive with a murcielago and that is when Lambo's #1 man smashed the car through a road sign i believe. In the article though it said that they had been driving it but gave the car to him so that they could grab pictures of it in action. He was intentionally putting on a show for a magazine which probably caused him to take it to far. To be honest i don't know what to think, i mean you take any car fast enough and your bound to screw up..but he stated the car hot at 90 degrees which seems to severe.

I do think laborghini should compensate him because they clearly shafted him. His dealers never filed formal paper work and he had to go directly to the company two years later and their response is..oo it's too late. Well maybe if you had given a damn earlier it wouldn't have been. He never did mention insurance though but i figure he would have it on a lambo..

drakkie
08-28-2006, 01:20 AM
But now something else.What do you think could have happened ? Is the inbalance caused by a malfunctioning inlet wing big enough to make it crash like that ? Or do you think that there has been some other malfuntion like something in the steering ?

deanee
08-28-2006, 01:52 AM
who would crash a lamborghini murcielago?!?

i mean, it's obviously the drivers fault...

he probably did it to get attention or something...

crashing a lamborghini is just sad:(

NSXType-R
08-28-2006, 04:23 AM
I don't know whether I'm scared or surprised. Actually both. I remember reading, at the time the Murcielago (and also the Gallardo) was road tested that journalists (from more than one mag) were impressed with the overall quality and feel of things, and hailed Audi.

After reading that I'm not so sure. But then again its one man's word. Don't get me wrong, this is probably the fist time I felt for the passenger in a supercar crash, rather then foul mouth him.

Let's hope Ferrari's aren't dogged with compromise. The last thing we want is an Enzo crash conspiracy.

Yeah, I heard that the Audi merge really helped with the fit and finish, but I don't know. Maybe the automotive magazines should have an extra long term test to tell with the LP 640. :D

2ndclasscitizen
08-28-2006, 04:24 AM
Hmmm, while I feel for the guy and there's quite clearly been some shoddy engineering and quality control on these cars, there's some elements of his story and items on his site that make me think that's it's not just the cars fault and he's looking to place all blame on Lambo.
1) Carping on about his injuries. He was going 225kmh and crashed. What was he expecting?
2) The broken disc. Again, he crashed at 225kmh and the wheels came off, so the disc would have experienced a lot of force.
3) The fact that all of the drivers were "experienced drivers" who had lots of "racing experience." Just seems a bit dodgy to me. 4) Somehow an engine failure caused a car to flip. WTF mate?
5) An engine failure is a strange incident. I think if you drive a big sportscar with a highly tuned, powerful, V12 engine and consider an engine failure a strange incident, well, maybe you should think about some other form of transport.

2ndclasscitizen
08-28-2006, 04:44 AM
And this (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28113) just raises further questions, as that's the same crash as listed in the web page

Mr.Tiv
08-28-2006, 05:05 AM
So, technological advance is a bad thing?
I fear change...

NSXType-R
08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Did Lamborghini ever steal the Nissan 300Z's headlights for their cars? I've heard of it before but I always thought it was a myth.

Nazmacher
08-28-2006, 12:59 PM
he probably did it to get attention or something...

He would need to be on the edge of terminal boredom to intentionally cream his Lambo. I seriously doubt that.

Nazmacher
08-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I heard that the Audi merge really helped with the fit and finish, but I don't know. Maybe the automotive magazines should have an extra long term test to tell with the LP 640. :D

yeah... I hope so mate...

Mr.Tiv
08-28-2006, 01:04 PM
He would need to be on the edge of terminal boredom to intentionally cream his Lambo. I seriously doubt that.

Ho do you get bored when you have a Lambo?

Nazmacher
08-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Ho do you get bored when you have a Lambo?

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. deanee mentioned "he probably did it to get attention or something...", which never made sense. So what I meant to say was that, such an eventuality was highly improbable.

Pando
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
deanee mentioned "he probably did it to get attention or something...", which never made sense.I think he meant that he only started the www-lambo's-are-dangerous campaign to get attention.

Nazmacher
08-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I think he meant that he only started the www-lambo's-are-dangerous campaign to get attention.

Ok. I'm sorry if I got that one mixed up. But hell yeah!, if I thought I was screwd over by Lambo (r any other company for that matter) to the point of escaping death by the skin of my teeth, I would want everyone to know. I don't think its entirely unfounded. But who knows?:confused:

kingofthering
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Did Lamborghini ever steal the Nissan 300Z's headlights for their cars? I've heard of it before but I always thought it was a myth.
Yes, for the later Diablos. There's a thread on UCP that proves this, but i'm too lazy to find it.