PDA

View Full Version : My Pictures Published

Sauc3
09-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Ok, so they're of mountain biking, but I'm overjoyed anyway.

http://www.pixsoul.com.au/wp/media/presscoverage.html

The bottom two articles, both the "jumping bikes" pics are mine.

Auto mags here I come. :p

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Wow, nice one man :D

*slaps on back*

Have a pint (or litre, whatever you metric Aussies have) on me :)

jorismo
Why haven't we seen any of this pics in the photo comps?? They look like winners to me...

Anyway congrats on the publication, I can only dream of it. And my this indeed be a step to a car photographer career :)

coolieman1220
wow. looks fun. i used to do mountain biking, its tons of fun, adrenaline rush. is that bridge there hell gate?

blingbling
09-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Have a pint (or litre, whatever you metric Aussies have) on me :)HAHA, 355 mL?

ScionDriver
09-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Congrats, I can only hope someday to be in your shoes.

baddabang
09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Wow Congrats.

Did you get any money for them?

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-04-2006, 10:29 AM
HAHA, 355 mL?
1 pint = 568ml

I work in a pub, I know these things ;)

The_Canuck
09-04-2006, 11:01 AM
1 pint = 568ml

I work in a pub, I know these things ;)
So then one litre 0wnz one pint. :D Congrats on the pics they are very good!

KonaGreen
09-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Good stuff man!!!!

zeppelin
09-04-2006, 02:06 PM
We're metric up here in Canada, but when I order I still ask for a pint.

And good work on the published photos.

Sauc3
09-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

Both of the articles were written for the most recent edition of [R]evolution by a friend of mine (Ken, who also runs the website), for whom I photographed at an event (the largest picture), and wanted to use my photos for publishing. The other, smaller shot, was taken just with a friend and myself mucking around at the jumps which the article's about, and seeing as he was writing an article about it, he needed photos. Who am I to complain about 2 photos in one magazine? :p

No I did not get paid for these, I did have another photo lined up with someone else for an ad campaign, but unfortunately he backed out (something about everyone in the ad department wanting to talk about nothing other than '07. Yeah right.). That was gonna pay a couple hundred at least.
So next time I'm definately getting paid. :D

Oh and I'll accept that pint, but I won't have it with beer if that's alright. I just don't drink the stuff.

Also, look out for some shots of the Mercedes Benz museum of mine coming up soon. The light and spacing of the car was quite good, so I think I got some killer shots.

Last but definately not least, upon my return to good 'ol Oz, I'm gonna do a write up of the whole month, along with pictures. The writeup will be general (for use on other forums), but the pictures will be exclusively larger to UCP.

Vaigra
09-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Congrats D, it was only a matter of time.
Look forward to some more awesome shots from you now that we're both back :p

Sauc3
09-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Congrats D, it was only a matter of time.
Look forward to some more awesome shots from you now that we're both back :p
I'm still in Stuttgart mate, but good to hear you got back safely. Had it been 1 weekend earlier, we coulda met at Goodwood, heck of an event you missed too...

Vaigra
09-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Had it been 1 weekend earlier, we coulda met at Goodwood, heck of an event you missed too...No need to rub it in...