PDA

View Full Version : Tintops @ Crystal Palace 1964

nota
09-08-2006, 08:30 PM
For vintage fans this very good 2.57 video with audio of British Saloon Car Championship race :)

Cars shown include Cortina, Galaxie 427, Mini, Anglia, Jaguar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWp-0TuY4Sk&search=bscc

(hope not a repost)

pimento
09-08-2006, 08:50 PM
That is very classy. Love the BG tune.

drakkie
09-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Wow !! This is a great video :D I really enjoyed watching this !! The driver of that crashed mini was quite lucky :rolleyes: Thx man !!!

nota
09-09-2006, 02:22 AM
Imho too good not to share and glad to see you guys enjoyed it as much as I did

Imo it's a delight to see those old sedans sliding, listing & lurching :cool: and yes that Mini crash is another reminder of the 'good old days'

Cheers :)

drakkie
09-09-2006, 04:29 AM
Imo it's a delight to see those old sedans sliding, listing & lurching :cool: and yes that Mini crash is another reminder of the 'good old days'

Nothing to add to that !!! :D:D Great stuff :p

henk4
09-09-2006, 05:21 AM
Very nice, to see Formula 1 drivers in real action rather than just being a passenger in modern kit.
I don't think it was mentioned but I presume it was Jack Sears in the Galaxy. It is still being raced to this day .

:Exige:
09-09-2006, 08:34 AM
I don't think it was mentioned but I presume it was Jack Sears in the Galaxy. It is still being raced to this day .
I believe it was either this one or the red one which is seen alot that crashed backwards at Goodwood FoS a couple of years back. I recall seeing this car at either Goodwood or Brands but I also recall the red Galaxie at both events :confused: :)

How racing has changed. Although we have some good racing nowadays, we'll never see anything as daring or fun as 60s and 70s saloon racing. I've got a 70s saloon video, complete with chirpy soundtrack and World War veteran English accents :D

henk4
09-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I believe it was either this one or the red one which is seen alot that crashed backwards at Goodwood FoS a couple of years back. I recall seeing this car at either Goodwood or Brands but I also recall the red Galaxie at both events :confused: :)

How racing has changed. Although we have some good racing nowadays, we'll never see anything as daring or fun as 60s and 70s saloon racing. I've got a 70s saloon video, complete with chirpy soundtrack and World War veteran English accents :D

this is the red one, which participated in the 2004 Tour Auto. The white one was at the 2006 Silverstone Classic

LotusLocost
09-09-2006, 08:56 AM
oh nota..
You just made my great Saturday even greater:)
this is probably one of the best videos from so early I have ever seen.
"many" different angels and a quite good comentator..
And since the Lotus Cortina is my favourite car, and on top of my x-mas list(:D ), it really warmed my hart to see Jim sideways:)

Thanks!!