PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Audi Q7 V12 TDI

car_fiend
09-11-2006, 07:53 PM
these are the specs that i've found, if any one can dig up more info, it'd b cool, and more pics plz.

Front Engine AWD V12
Turbo Diesel V12 (duh as the title states)
Displacement : 5934 cc
Horsepower: 500 bhp @ 4000 rpm
torque: 783 lb-ft @ 1750 rpm
transmission: 6 speed tiptronic

0-60 mph : 5.4 sec
top speed : 155 (limited)

Rockefella
09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
780+ lb ft. of torque? Damn.

car_fiend
09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
diesel, v12, 6 litres, turbo = 780 lb ft torque. its pretty cool that they're coming out with diesel technology this fast. hopefully, mpg'si mean, ya, 6 litre v12 is not really mpg, but if they can make more out of diesel, its better. my 2 cents.

Vindesh17
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
those rims look weird

Gtek-i
09-11-2006, 09:21 PM
It looks like an X3 on crack (lots and lots of it...). I'd take a Cayenne Turbo S any day;) Although I do quite like the specs:D

Eurocar
09-11-2006, 10:35 PM
BLAST! A new Q7! Oh well, i guess the 4.2 V8 will have to settle for second place now. Wonder if this mean that more SUV manufacturers will continue this trend and start making super fast diesel variants of their current models. COme to think of it, i can just imagine a Merc. ML63 CDi AMG or a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S diesel.

Yellowbird
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Is this the final styling? Because I must agree, the rims look a bit... cheap... and not original.

DesmoRob
09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
those rims look weird

They're pimpin:p.

car_fiend
09-11-2006, 11:33 PM
no idea about the styling being final. i agree, they are a bit, not cheap, but weird looking. but eh, the specs make up for it, imo.

henk4
09-12-2006, 12:00 AM
at least this shows why Audi put such an effort in their R10 racing car. The Q car though is something we can all do without.

carsnut
09-12-2006, 10:07 AM
a roadgoing Audi R10 suv

Piacki_117
09-12-2006, 10:29 AM
V12 TDI

This is for me close to the sacrilege.

Street_Dreamer
09-12-2006, 10:33 AM
i am in love with this

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Sweet Jesus, look at that thing... saw two of those today (I think it's the release date in Britain :rolleyes:) and what I noticed was how imposing it was. It's truly huge.

But- it looks like an A6 in a hall of mirrors.

As amazing as that engine is, I'd rather see what it could do in an A6 or A8.

"Got torque?"

Vaigra
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
High-res and press release: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=28426

LandQuail
09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Ha. If you think that's cool, check out what Mercedes is Working on.

I've included a spy pic of one of a prototype Mercedes-AMG "Deere" hammering around the Nurburgring.

"Deere," it was leaked from AMG headquarters, is a reference to an ancient Latvian mythical beast that broke into people's houses in the night and stole everybody's towells and soap. The beast also was reputed to eat the souls of children and disembowel any who set eyes upon it.

According to insider information, the upcoming single-seat super high-performance SUV will feature a turbodiesel and the largest tires ever offered on a Mercedes-Benz both in profile, width, and diameter.

This is sure to put an end to the performance SUV game.

Wouter Melissen
09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
This is for me close to the sacrilege.
V12 TDI = Le Mans win

Piacki_117
09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
V12 TDI = Le Mans win

TDI in Le Mans = Uber Mega Sacrilege

henk4
09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
TDI in Le Mans = Uber Mega Sacrilege

really? You want the Peugeot diesel to win then?

Piacki_117
09-12-2006, 12:54 PM
really? You want the Peugeot diesel to win then?

Actually I'd prefer a petrol-engined Porsche to win the Le Mans.

henk4
09-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Actually I'd prefer a petrol-engined Porsche to win the Le Mans.

The advantage of diesel cars is that you see them more racing on the track as they need to stop less. That is called value for (spectators) money:)

Vaigra
09-12-2006, 01:04 PM
The advantage of diesel cars is that you see them more racing on the track as they need to stop less. That is called value for (spectators) money:)But they don't get to hear the car doing most of the overtaking :rolleyes:

henk4
09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
But they don't get to hear the car doing most of the overtaking :rolleyes:

but if diesels make noise the complaints are that they are noisy.....

Piacki_117
09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
The advantage of diesel cars is that you see them more racing on the track as they need to stop less.

pffff! Spectators have been very happy with petrol cars for ages. And the music isn't exactly the same...

Anyway I don't care I don't watch endurance races.

henk4
09-12-2006, 01:11 PM
pffff! Spectators have been very happy with petrol cars for ages. And the music isn't exactly the same...

Anyway I don't care I don't watch endurance races.

ever heard of the BRm-Rover and the Howmet TX?

LandQuail
09-12-2006, 02:04 PM
According to my sole source for these things, Evo, specifically Gordon Murray's column, the race organizers are likely going to re-think the equivalence formulae for diesel engines.

MrKipling
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM

Of course not! :rolleyes:

Anyway, when was the last time a proper race-bred engine appeared in a 'not supercar'?

I want them to put the engine in the R8 road car, and I'll take 23mpg on the combined cycle with 500bhp and 1000Nm anytime! Diesel or not. Don't get me wrong, nothing will ever match the noise or delivery of a well-sorted petrol engine, but if this means I can have race derived power and technology without shelling out half a million quid - then I'm all for it.

I also reckon motor sport should be relevant to road cars... for example BTCC was at its best when the cars looked like their road equivalents with big wheels, and you could basically buy the cars you were watching, rather than these body-kitted, be-winged race specific cars you get now (see pics)... diesel is the new way to bring this back.

As amazing as that engine is, I'd rather see what it could do in an A6 or A8.

Agreed - if they were putting it in an "SD8" I would go out and buy it tomorrow.

BTCC Cavalier pic from: www.dbridge.co.uk
BTCC Integra pic from: www.btccinfo.co.uk

h00t_h00t
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Surely the Cavalier race car has had just as much thought put into it as the integra, BTCC is apparently quite competetive in the touring car world

2ndclasscitizen
09-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Sod the Q7, I'm joining those who want an A8 or 6 with this engine. You could surprise the shit outta some people at the lights with one.

MrKipling
09-13-2006, 03:42 AM
Surely the Cavalier race car has had just as much thought put into it as the integra

Absolutely, but the older cars looked so much more like the road cars that you saw in dealers, rather than the pages of Max Power! Then Alfa showed up with wings and splitters and ruined it.

BTCC is apparently quite competetive in the touring car world

Extremely.

Piacki_117
09-13-2006, 04:11 AM

Once again, I'm not very keen on Le Mans races. But I know that diesel cars are unfairly favored since Peugeot and Audi's lobby.

Wouter Melissen
09-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Once again, I'm not very keen on Le Mans races. But I know that diesel cars are unfairly favored since Peugeot and Audi's lobby.
No they are unfairly favoured because the ACO underestimated the potential of diesel engines.

2ndclasscitizen
09-13-2006, 06:47 AM
BTCC is apparently quite competetive in the touring car world

Extremely.

V8 Supercars > BTCC

LandQuail
09-13-2006, 07:23 AM
DTM has kind of got the touring car market cornered, as far as speed goes.

Of course, I live in the states, where to actually see anything other than NASCAR I'd have to run a cable from my TV, across the Atlantic, and under Mr. Kipling's door.

We could go both ways on it, you know. That damn NASCAR is on pretty much 24/7. Talk about bearing no relation to streetcars... If the cars competing in NASCAR didn't have headlight and grill stickers slapped on, they would all be indistinguishable from each other. And they all run the same engine, which has been, for all practical purposes, unchanged since 1950.

Speedvision used to have good international programming, but they've gone all NASCAR too.

MrKipling
09-13-2006, 08:05 AM
I don't think BTCC (basically production cars, 2.0L 300 bhp); V8 Supercars (600bhp monsters); DTM (single seaters with a car body plonked on top) and NASCAR (1000bhp push-rod driven bodied rollcages) are really comparable.

They all have their own charm... from the total aggression of BTCC, the flame-spitting madness of the V8s and the speed of DTM to the tactics of NASCAR... I like all of them, even NASCAR I'm getting the hang of.

2ndclasscitizen
09-14-2006, 02:01 AM
V8 Supercars aren't 600hp...try 650hp now that they use 100RON fuel :D

kigango123
09-14-2006, 05:38 AM
wonder if one can be able to swap that motor

Coventrysucks
09-14-2006, 06:13 AM
Absolutely, but the older cars looked so much more like the road cars that you saw in dealers, rather than the pages of Max Power! Then Alfa showed up with wings and splitters and ruined it.

Well, they got their just-deserts after Tarquini took off.

Extremely.

They were back in the day, in the good-old-days of the mid 1990s, the BTCC was probably the premier touring car series attracting comparatively large numbers of top-flight international drivers and teams (Williams, anyone?).

Then, for some reason it slowly slipped in popularity, and is now rather rubbish IMHO.

Not helped by the piss-poor coverage on ITV, which takes the shine off any good racing (at least it isn't Allen)

schumifan
09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, what would BMW do...BMW X5 isn't powerful anymore;) So they have to put M5/M6 V10 Engine to that...I hope that they do so=D

LandQuail
09-16-2006, 10:28 AM
even NASCAR I'm getting the hang of.

As a novelty act, I'm sure NASCAR is fascinating.
I assure you, however, that the new rubs off that insipid sport, and any argument for oval-track racing leads to reasoning as circular as Talladega.

Unless of couse they're racing at a proper racetrack like at whatever those west-coasters are calling Laguna Seca these days or at Watkins Glenn. I try not to miss those races, since the big NASCARS do lots of sliding around into each other.

Those races are a world apart from circle track racing, and it seems clear, watching them, that many NASCAR drivers have never before made a right-hand turn at speed.

Rumor has it (and I heard this from a guy who drives a Dale Earnheart Edition Chevy Monte Carlo) that NASCAR ace Jeff "Beats Women Off the Cuffs of his Blue Jeans with one of his Countless Trophies" Gordon had a shot to be a test driver with a fast-track to becoming a Formula 1 racer with some team or another. ("Those little zoom-zoom cars," I believe he called them, "Like they race over there.")

Gordon turned the offer down, since he is already near the top of a racing series that's making him richer than Santa Claus, and I can't blame him for that. Pity though. He'd undoubtedly do better than our current American F1 driver, Old What's-His-Name.

The odd thing is how good some NASCAR drivers are.
NASCAR drivers learn car control as well as anybody; they just learn it in cars that are set-up to turn left. Our more cultured NASCAR drivers who have learned how to turn a car to the right have had amazing success at the International Race of Champions. It's a shame they don't race more often at proper racing circuits.

I once had a chance to race at bush-league hillbilly dirt oval track events here in Arkansas, but turned it down since I have near-zero respect for the sport. I regret that decision on some warm nights when I'm good and drunk. It would have been lots of fun.
Anyway, cheers.