PDA

View Full Version : Add turbo to Stealth

sirius
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know if you can add turbo to the base model of the Dodge stealth ES FWD 160hp sohc engine. And if there will be any problems doing so. I know that i may not get the 300 hp of the RT/TT but can it get me to at least 280?

mooseTSi
04-01-2004, 10:15 AM
u might be able to find a turbo kit for it. you have to search for a single turbo kit for that specific engine. and if they dont make one it's still going to be exspensive, because u need custom piping, intercooler, exhaust manifold, intake, fuel managment, exhaust etc. and to get a added 120hp to get you to 280hp you are going to need to rebuild that engine and make it stronger so it will hold all that pressure without blowing up. you would be better of selling your car and getting a nice r/t tt. go to www.3si.org like i said before. they will have ALL the answers. they deal with just stealth/3kgt's. they will probley be able to help you on the specifics more then the guys here. good luck

Turbo_Fumes
04-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey, I know a shop where they install and make a turbo kit for your car they do it custom and they do a really nice job. Right now they are installing a turbo on a BMW M3. Its taking long because they do a good job and by the time they finish I will post again talking about it. In that shop they have done many other turbo kits for cars like civics and even mustangs. If you like to have more info about it just post another message. The problem is where do you live, because this shop is located in miami, Fl. I just checked in your user info, and I saw you live in Los Angeles, what ypu can do is go to this website, its really good and they specialize in 3000gt's and stealth's: www.gtpro.com. They are located in California, so far is the best ewbsite I have found related to our car and they have many projects, even a 3000GT VR4 with 700hp that appeared no longer than a month ago on a modifier magazine.