PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Porsche Cayenne

DesmoRob
09-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Found this on edmunds.com, while I was looking for the Toyota Yaris's 0-60 time. There's a short movie about it there too, but no direct link. This is unarguably a huge improvement over the current Cayenne. I think it looks fantastic.

baddabang
09-22-2006, 09:08 PM
It is an improvement I'll give it that. But isnt anything an improvement over the current one?

Quiggs
09-22-2006, 09:12 PM
I like the current one. Why does everyone think it's ugly?

bmwpower
09-22-2006, 09:12 PM
It is an improvement I'll give it that. But isnt anything an improvement over the current one?

lol you can say that again..the first sketches were terrible. I still have my fingers crossed that they will give up on it. Comon this is Porsche, next you'll tell me that Ford is making a profit..

Vindesh17
09-22-2006, 09:46 PM
roofline is too low therefore this will never be close to the final design.

KonaGreen
09-22-2006, 09:50 PM
I like the current one. Why does everyone think it's ugly?

Because it is ugly, plain and simple. Sorry to say it Quiggs, but the Cayenne is on par with the Aztec, and the Hummer in ugliness.

carsnut
09-22-2006, 09:53 PM
it looks brilliant (in a way)

zeppelin
09-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah it's hideous. Fact, not opinion.

This sketch looks kind of cool, it'd be nice if the next Cayenne iteration is less SUV, and more of a sporty wagon-ish type thing. Similar to the Maserati Kubang; that'd be much more tolerable.

taz_rocks_miami
09-22-2006, 10:31 PM
HMMM, the front reminds me of the 928.

DesmoRob
09-22-2006, 11:34 PM

Sorry, I should've clarified. I meant as far as looks go, and no not always is the new thing an improvement over the old thing.

DesmoRob
09-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Yeah it's hideous. Fact, not opinion.

And that's your opinion:).

john14
09-23-2006, 03:03 AM
In my opinion, the current Porsche Cayenne is a very imposing, interesting and good looking SUV. If this is the new Cayenne I think it looks as ugly as hell. I hate the curves and the general shape shown in this sketch.

Ferrari p4\5
09-23-2006, 05:05 AM
I quite like it . it has cleaner curves than the current one
Hope they make it soon :D

Rijoh
09-23-2006, 07:25 AM
The sketch looks like a stationwagen, not like a SUV.

Mr.Tiv
09-23-2006, 07:41 AM
The sketch looks like a stationwagen, not like a SUV.
That is a good thing. The less of an SUV it is the better.

Vindesh17
09-23-2006, 12:42 PM
That is a good thing. The less of an SUV it is the better.

I like the current Cayenne and just because you don't like SUVs or don't see a purpose for them doesn't mean they should stop making them. If you don't like them then don't buy them and stop ragging on people who have them/like them.

Mr.Tiv
09-23-2006, 12:50 PM
I like the current Cayenne and just because you don't like SUVs or don't see a purpose for them doesn't mean they should stop making them. If you don't like them then don't buy them and stop ragging on people who have them/like them.
I don't like SUVs, but I do see the purpose. I don't think Porsche should make an SUV or anything else with four doors. the less of an SUV it is the more of a Porsche.

DesmoRob
09-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Because it is ugly, plain and simple. Sorry to say it Quiggs, but the Cayenne is on par with the Aztec, and the Hummer in ugliness.

Sorry to say it, KonaGreen, but that's your opinion.
Why is everyone here so high and mighty about their opinions on the f***ing car, and the belief that everyone else should think the same as them? Get a grip. Just because someone doesn't share the same thoughts as you does not give you permission to tell them their opinion is wrong. How old are you anyway?

Quiggs
09-23-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't like SUVs, but I do see the purpose. I don't think Porsche should make an SUV or anything else with four doors. the less of an SUV it is the more of a Porsche.
Can they make stuff with no doors?
http://www.blikkenspeelgoed.nl/mediastore/images/porsche%20tractor-1.jpg

What about stuff with 1 door and a hatch?
http://www.worldwar2aces.com/tiger-tank/tiger-porsche.jpg

2ndclasscitizen
09-23-2006, 07:28 PM
I think it's a good looking sketch. The tilted back 997 lights and general 997 front cues work really well, and there seems to be a sort of swept back Q7 look to it. They may be taking it away from being an SUV toward being a Wagon to compliment the Panamera and also targetting the M5 and E63 AMG estates while the Panamera going after the sedans

The_Canuck
09-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Resembles an Audi avant....

quattro_20v
09-23-2006, 08:10 PM

That tank you posted never was in production... it was the tiger 1. The porsche prototype which lost to the henschel one.

Back to topic, this car's front looks like a 928 like said before and its a big improvement on the current cayenne by looks (what isnt?). Porsche makes great cars but they should step of the 911 styling a little bit more.

ZeTurbo
09-24-2006, 03:10 PM
That does look good. But i can garantee you that it will look very little like that.
Thats just the way it is, with any concept drawing.

Allthough i wish that they would sepned time and resources on making new sportier models, you can not deny that the cayenne is pumping in a lot of money into the company. Which will eventually bring more sprty models.

It may be an SUV, but it is allowing us to have such great cars as the GT3, Turbo, cayman, boxter etc...

Mr.Tiv
09-24-2006, 03:14 PM
It may be an SUV, but it is allowing us to have such great cars as the GT3, Turbo, cayman, boxter etc...
We had those before. It is funding bullshit like the Panamera.

ZeTurbo
09-24-2006, 03:21 PM
We had those before. It is funding bullshit like the Panamera.
You dont even know what kind of car it is and you allready think its bullshit. :rolleyes: Now that is forward thinking... or is it just idiocy?

We had those models before yes, but this way we can keep them, and not have a Big german brand take over the make and reshape to fill the gaps in its own line up.

Mr.Tiv
09-24-2006, 03:25 PM
You dont even know what kind of car it is and you allready think its bullshit. :rolleyes: Now that is forward thinking... or is it just idiocy?

We had those models before yes, but this way we can keep them, and not have a Big german brand take over the make and reshape to fill the gaps in its own line up.
I am not a fan of a Porsche sedan, that just doesn't sit well with me, and judging by the test mule, it's hideous. Porsche is the most profitable auto maker in the world, I don't think that they would be in any financial trouble if they didn't have a Cayenne.

h00t_h00t
09-24-2006, 03:35 PM
judging by the test mule, it's hideous.
That is the dumbest thing I've read all day.

ZeTurbo
09-24-2006, 03:37 PM
I am not a fan of a Porsche sedan, that just doesn't sit well with me, and judging by the test mule, it's hideous. Porsche is the most profitable auto maker in the world, I don't think that they would be in any financial trouble if they didn't have a Cayenne.
The Maserati Quattro porte is a sedan and it is imaculate.

Dont forgt porsche were in very big financial trouble back in the 90's. They did turn it around, but building the cayenne is ensuring that doesnt happen again.

Mr.Tiv
09-24-2006, 03:42 PM
The Maserati Quattro porte is a sedan and it is imaculate.

Dont forgt porsche were in very big financial trouble back in the 90's. They did turn it around, but building the cayenne is ensuring that doesnt happen again.
And I can deal with it or some ugly sedan, but are both really needed? If it retains the shape of the test car, as cars typically do, it will be absolutley hideous.

09-24-2006, 03:45 PM
the current cayenne is ugly
at least it is to me
the sketch looks like a 928
i think they should expand their line up to include a new 944 and 928
instead of the cayenne and panamera
although i am intrigued by a porsche station wagon

ZeTurbo
09-24-2006, 03:48 PM
the current cayenne is ugly
at least it is to me
the sketch looks like a 928
i think they should expand their line up to include a new 944 and 928
instead of the cayenne and panamera
although i am intrigued by a porsche station wagon
944 and 928? they are too simillar to be available at the same time.

Mr.Tiv
09-24-2006, 03:49 PM
944 and 928? they are too simillar to be available at the same time.
I think you are thinking of a 944 and 968. As a 944 and 928 are very different.

ZeTurbo
09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
And I can deal with it or some ugly sedan, but are both really needed? If it retains the shape of the test car, as cars typically do, it will be absolutley hideous.
Are you sure? remember the enzo test mule? When the RX-8 was released they were testing the car under a modified miata body shell. And porsche, befre releasing the 996 turbo in 200, were testing it in a carrera body shell. Dont be fooled by that. Wait to make your opinion when the FINAL shape is unveiled.

ZeTurbo
09-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I think you are thinking of a 944 and 968. As a 944 and 928 are very different.
ooops... my bad :o

DesmoRob
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM

Isn't the Cayenne one of the reasons they got to where they are right now?

h00t_h00t
09-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Its the reason they are where they are now. I think its why Spyker plan to make an SUV, the Cayenne and Range Rover just aren't expensive enough.

Mr.Tiv
09-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Are you sure? remember the enzo test mule? When the RX-8 was released they were testing the car under a modified miata body shell. And porsche, befre releasing the 996 turbo in 200, were testing it in a carrera body shell. Dont be fooled by that. Wait to make your opinion when the FINAL shape is unveiled.
And Porsche has moved past that stage with this car, they already tested the mechanicals under the skin of an M5. My opinion is subjuect to change, but from what I have seen and read, I am not going to like it.

Esperante
09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
roofline is too low therefore this will never be close to the final design.
No shit, sherlock. The wheels are too big too. :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious that it's only an early conceptual design, seeing as we're, what, three years or so from actually seeing it? I can certainly say that it's a step in the right direction. The current Cayenne looked alright for the last generation of Porsches (first Boxsters, 996s). Though it seems a little late for consitency with the Cayman and 997s...

nonapulti
09-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Wooo!! Amazing... I guess that there will be a very brave war against Porsche, VW or Mercedes to get the 1st position in luxury car ranking...
I still believe that the best 4x4 ever bould is the Range Rover Sport HST

Esperante
09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Wooo!! Amazing... I guess that there will be a very brave war against Porsche, VW or Mercedes to get the 1st position in luxury car ranking...

Heh, Mercedes has been there for more than half a century, VW has tried and failed miserably, and Porsche will always be a sports car company, no matter how much the execs want to water it down into more common cars.

LandQuail
10-03-2006, 07:26 AM

I've posted this pic SEVERAL TIMES. It's the next generation Cayenne test mule. If you'd just do a little research you wouldn't have to ask these stupid questons. You can clearly see that it's a single seat, or MONOPOSTO for you retards, with NO DOORS!!!

And NO. They aren't and haven't ever made one with no doors and a hatch. That would be STUPID.

Kitdy
10-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Listen. I think everyone need to calm down. The Cayenne is a contentious issue amoungst Porsche fanatics (ie. me) and others alike. I think that the current Cayenne is not ugly. It is ok. And i fidn the concept, even the IDEA of the turbo S version hilarious. That SUV is satanic. And fine. DOn't like SUV's. I don't. That cash can be used for motoracing (I hope they will cut the crap and enter a factory team into LMP1 and teach Audi it's place, Return of the Empire Style). The Panamera, at least the version I saw aboud on the internet (which I will try to find and post) seems like a good looking car. It is a little strange for Porsche, and I feel slightly dirty for it (more for the Cayenne), but as long as their soul remains on performance cars, then so what? Hopefully they can smaketh down all comers in Le Mans in a few years time. I think we shoudl all write angry letters to the Porsche board members and that asshole whatsits, Piech? who sits on the Porsche and Audi boards jointly. He is scared of Porsche taking away Audi's dominance of Le Mans. I think those Audi pricks (I have nothing against Audi - except the new grille) where they are supossed to be. And for that matter, Ferrar should be in Le Mans too! Damn it! So should Ford! I don't care about a shit load of private teams, I want a battle of the big automakers! Anywas. I have ranted. IN the end, all Praise Porsche.

nonapulti
10-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Whatever you like the Cayanne, the Audi Q7, the Range Rover Sport HST or the VW Tuareg V10 TDI ... I still think that they all are not SUV cars suitable for city use... If you are not going to take your car "outdoors" ... Waste your money in any other Porsche, VW, Mercedes or Range Rover ... Don't you think so ??
I'd love to have a VW Phaeton W12 420CV instead if I were rich of course !! :P

PerfAdv
10-06-2006, 06:21 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=212231&d=1158984170
Other than the corporate Porsche face, it looks like the Infiniti FX. Funny how no one "notices" when Japanese designs are cheated.

nonapulti
10-06-2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.rankemall.com/dbimg/infinity_fx_45_2006.jpg

PerfAdv, it's amazing how the Porsche is cheating the Infinity FX45 2006 design. You are completely right man !!

Gtek-i
10-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow...that is the FX design...Porsche is pretty behind in style because in 2010...they are copying a 2006 design:rolleyes:

nonapulti
10-06-2006, 07:02 PM
"just a bit" :P