PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed Carbon Realese Date & Format

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 02:05 AM
For all you wanna be drifters out there, you can expirence just that in Need For Speed Carbon. The Formats for Need For Speed Carbon are:

PlayStation 3
PlayStation 2
Xbox 360
Xbox
Nintendo GameCube (Not Sure Yet)

It will be out sometime in November for Australia.

For more information on this game, go to www.eagames.com

P.S: To make you all happy, I done a search to see if there was another Thread on Need For Speed Carbon, and there was one. But I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with it(excluding the fact that there on the same game).

pimento
09-24-2006, 02:48 AM
PS3, PS2, Xbox, PSP, Xbox360, Wii, GC, PC, DS, GBA and Mobile (http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/home.jsp). EA as usual whoring it out to everything it can.

man 430gt
09-24-2006, 03:12 AM
November? What like in 2 months? Can't say i'm waitng, well because i'm not:o..

ruim20
09-24-2006, 04:06 AM
In magazines it's described as "for all platforms", i'm not waiting for it either... after playing GTR/GTR2 NFS is going to feel like bumper cars...

acemotorsport
09-24-2006, 04:11 AM
im only geting it so i can drift in it

TVR IS KING
09-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Im only getting it to retain loyalty to the name. HP2 was their last really good game. And my lord it was good.
Same reason I bought DPL. And it was half price.

Vindesh17
09-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Don't know why but I think I'll end up buying it anyway.

The_Canuck
09-24-2006, 10:03 AM
This game is going to be just like the rest. I bought most wanted and leared my lesson, there will never be another good NFS.

jorismo
09-24-2006, 10:23 AM
This game is going to be just like the rest. I bought most wanted and leared my lesson, there will never be another good NFS.

Amen to that... NFS:U 1/2 was good, MW really sucked big time. I couldn't even find enough reasons to finish the game and tha thas never happenend me before...

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 03:52 PM
There are also rumers of some Aussie Muscle in the game. Such as the Monaro CV8-Z and the GT-P.

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
MW really sucked big time. I couldn't even find enough reasons to finish the game and tha thas never happenend me before...

Not the only one that agrees with you. The best thing about it are the police chases.

Rockefella
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
OMG YES! I CAN't WAIttitiitT!

To urinate on this game.

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
OMG YES! I CAN't WAIttitiitT!

To urinate on this game.

Ha ha ha. Were all laughing our self off.*

*Sarcastic Speech

TVR IS KING
09-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Amen to that... NFS:U 1/2 was good, MW really sucked big time. I couldn't even find enough reasons to finish the game and tha thas never happenend me before...

Oh come now. MW was so much better than NFSU2. That was a terrible game.

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 04:50 PM
That's your oppinion. My oppinion is that MW was crap.

TS020
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
That's your oppinion. My oppinion is that MW was crap.

MW was really good.

Compared to NFS:U1 & U2, but it's bad compared to classics like High Stakes.

TVR IS KING
09-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Nothing beats HP2. It was perfect. Go on, find fault with it. I challenge you.

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
HP2 is one of the best NFS games out there.

werty
09-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Nothing beats HP2. It was perfect. Go on, find fault with it. I challenge you.
graphics werent as good as the intro video

way too short, you can beat the entire game in about 2 hrs

minimal streets to race on

not enough cars to race with

no car mods

no in-car driving view

no online gaming

terrible soundtrack

i could go on and on, i liked the game too, but it definetely wasnt the best NFS to date

Vindesh17
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Porsche Unleased was the best, end it there.

HSVLVR
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM
no in-car driving view

In the bonus events there are.

TVR IS KING
09-24-2006, 08:17 PM
I thought PU was terrible in parts...but then other parts I really liked.

graphics werent as good as the intro video

They never are!

way too short, you can beat the entire game in about 2 hrs
Oh ya can not. I think its pretty long...wait there are like 4 28 minute races. More than 2 hours.

minimal streets to race on
There isnt really any shortage...

not enough cars to race with
It was pretty good back then, especially as far as NFS goes. They were nice cars too.

no car mods

There wasnt a game around with car mods back then, NFSU1 started it all. After that came Juiced, Midnight Club with mods, Auto Modellista, various modding games no one really liked...

no in-car driving view
Yeah there was on the bonus events. But then, what did have an in car view back then? GT still doesnt.

no online gaming
Dont know anything about it...I assume it wasnt as popular back then.

terrible soundtrack
Parts of it were great, good driving music.

i could go on and on, i liked the game too, but it definetely wasnt the best NFS to date

Obviosly, I really liked it.

acemotorsport
09-24-2006, 08:37 PM
i liked underground 2 because of the drifting and the ae86 in it that was my favorite car in the game

Rockefella
09-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I thought PU was terrible in parts...but then other parts I really liked.

They never are!

Oh ya can not. I think its pretty long...wait there are like 4 28 minute races. More than 2 hours.

There isnt really any shortage...

It was pretty good back then, especially as far as NFS goes. They were nice cars too.

There wasnt a game around with car mods back then, NFSU1 started it all. After that came Juiced, Midnight Club with mods, Auto Modellista, various modding games no one really liked...

Yeah there was on the bonus events. But then, what did have an in car view back then? GT still doesnt.

Dont know anything about it...I assume it wasnt as popular back then.

Parts of it were great, good driving music.

Ricer. :)

TVR IS KING
09-24-2006, 09:45 PM
How so?

Rockefella
09-24-2006, 09:46 PM
How so?
It's my stereotype. I feel that anyone who really likes NFS:U and MW is a ricer.

NuclearCrap
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
It's my stereotype. I feel that anyone who really likes NFS:U and MW is a ricer.

I like the games but I also like to keep my cars looking stock. :D

TVR IS KING
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM
lol Dude thats why I was promoting HP2. NFSU, 2 especially was terrible. MW...well who wants to put a massive body kit on a Carrera GT? I keep my cars stock too.

Rockefella
09-24-2006, 11:47 PM
lol Dude thats why I was promoting HP2. NFSU, 2 especially was terrible. MW...well who wants to put a massive body kit on a Carrera GT? I keep my cars stock too.
Good, I will remove the ricer branding from your name then. :)

HSVLVR
09-25-2006, 03:09 AM

What about NFSU2? =D

HSVLVR
09-25-2006, 03:10 AM
MW...well who wants to put a massive body kit on a Carrera GT? I keep my cars stock too.

Not the only one. Power and speed over looks.

TVR IS KING
09-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Exactly. You can get a sexy sound and extra power with or without flappy fibreglass add ons.

acemotorsport
09-25-2006, 05:24 AM
in mw i got a gallrdo (won off black list #6) redid the paint (to black) and put some rims on it (the ones that you can only get if you win a tires upgrade or finish the game) looks sic

werty
09-25-2006, 08:14 AM
apparently so, i did too, i like all of the NFS games, i still have the original NFS

except when I had porsche unleashed the game never worked for me...one day my carrera drove over a barrier and floated off into space...even after restarting the computer it never worked

i took it over to a friends house, and it did the same thing on his computer, so i returned the game, got a new copy, brought it home and it did it all over again, in the exact same spot

kigango123
09-25-2006, 08:33 AM

I still play nfsu2 more than MW, most wanted didnt have that much to aspire for

HSVLVR
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM
apparently so, i did too, i like all of the NFS games, i still have the original NFS

except when I had porsche unleashed the game never worked for me...one day my carrera drove over a barrier and floated off into space...even after restarting the computer it never worked

i took it over to a friends house, and it did the same thing on his computer, so i returned the game, got a new copy, brought it home and it did it all over again, in the exact same spot

It's possibly a huge glitch in the game.

HSVLVR
09-25-2006, 03:45 PM

I have no reason to argue with that comment. I currently playing it now.

TVR IS KING
09-25-2006, 05:53 PM

Heh me too. Its sitting in a bag behind me. Perfect condition strangely enough...Ive had it since I was about 8.
I hired NFS2 once and never really liked it. I liked the idea of Porsche Unleashed, I became obsessed with it not long ago because it has like 50 cars, but I just couldnt drive on it...on the track I did, all the walls were the exact same color, so you simply couldnt judge where a corner was. It was utterly pathetic.

I dunno. If you really wanna complete it, like I do, then theres quite a bit to do. I still havent completed it, and I'm mighty ashamed.

Esperante
09-25-2006, 06:02 PM

I had almost the exact problem. It would freeze quite often on two or three different spots of the Normandie track. I could never finish that race. I did some research and it was apparently a problem it had with the most popular video card 'back in the day.' I bought a better one and it never worked better. God, what an awesome game.

NFSU2 wasn't bad on its own, but it's what NFSU should've been, which makes NFSU2 pretty stanky. I never bought MW, because I thought I would buy a 360, but the money never materialized and I was too busy, anyway. I long for the days of Hot Pursuit 2....what a game.

Zytek_Fan
09-25-2006, 06:10 PM
I have played the NFS series and I must say it was okay, but I prefer race sims.

HSVLVR
09-25-2006, 07:15 PM
I have played the NFS series and I must say it was okay, but I prefer race sims.

The best of them were NFS: High Stakes and NFS:Hot Pursuit 2

Wolf03
10-21-2006, 06:44 PM
How come nobody mentioned High Stakes? That was THE best NFS game ever. Many, diverse tracks, wide selection of cars plus more downloadable, excellent damage model...

I'm not too interested in Carbon. They ruined everything, even drift now. I heard you don't use the handbrake anymore...

HSVLVR
10-22-2006, 12:53 AM
How come nobody mentioned High Stakes? That was THE best NFS game ever. Many, diverse tracks, wide selection of cars plus more downloadable, excellent damage model...

I'm not too interested in Carbon. They ruined everything, even drift now. I heard you don't use the handbrake anymore...

Well, I've played a demo of NFS: Carbon and I don't even need the handbrake. It would have been good if they had an option for a clutch like in TOCA/ V8 Supecars 3, because you do use the clutch alot in drifting.

[SLK-AMG]
10-24-2006, 02:38 AM
So it comes out in November and PS3 comes out in March Next Year i think everyone will buy it on PS2 & XBOX 360 and will not buy it for PS3.:confused:

TVR IS KING
10-24-2006, 04:33 AM
People will do that.
But on the other hand, it is being released at the same time as PS3 in Aus. People will probably bundle them.
Why cant they release TDU for PS2 now? Xbox360 is out, but PS2 and PSP wait for next year! I mean, sure, build up the hype with the awesome, next gen version...but neaxt year is just annoying.

BMW_Trance
10-27-2006, 11:29 PM
MW was crap. only reason it was 'alrite' was because of the cars...other then that, the cars handled like crap, much more fun to drive on underground 2..although carbon is pretty much the same as mw except in the day...but im buying it..i didnt buy mw though:D

HSVLVR
10-27-2006, 11:48 PM
I have the same feeling about Carbon and MW. I'm starting to debate whether I should wait for Test Drive: Unlimited or get Carbon which will be coming out in a few weeks in Australia.

Drift Illusion
10-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Heard about AutoSculpt?

HSVLVR
10-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes. There was the Autosculpt feature in the demo of Carbon. That and the drift races are the only thing i like in Carbon

Cotterik
10-30-2006, 10:06 AM
this game is made primarily for us to experience what it would be like if we took the nicest cars in the world and ruined them, as well as also ruining the cars that we dont care about. Maybe in an effort to try and rid their guilt, but it doesnt work.

STREETFIRE
10-31-2006, 12:24 AM
I thought that this thread was to discuss the release date of NFS Carbon. It's coming out on the first of November 2006. I like it and not many people can argue with 60-100 cars. :cool:

Drift Illusion
10-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Carbon is just beautiful, but one thing about I really hate about it is that is that the Koenigsegg CCX is not available in the normal version, or even in the collectors edition of Carbon, only that other edition, I forget what it was called.

The_Canuck
10-31-2006, 03:10 PM
I thought that this thread was to discuss the release date of NFS Carbon. It's coming out on the first of November 2006. I like it and not many people can argue with 60-100 cars. :cool:
GTR2 has over 140, GT4 has near 500 and I can keep going...

The_Canuck
10-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh and has anyone seen the one commercial? So stupid, it makes it as if street racing is a good idea, they even have the nerve to say its stupid but only if you crash. :rolleyes:

Gtek-i
10-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Many people said that the gameplay of Carbon is worse than Underground 2!? Is that true (I'll have to see for myself;))? Anyway...the autosculpt feature sounds very entertaining. But wasn't there a game that you could design your own car? I think it's called Supercar...from 03?

NuclearCrap
10-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Many people said that the gameplay of Carbon is worse than Underground 2!? Is that true (I'll have to see for myself;))? Anyway...the autosculpt feature sounds very entertaining. But wasn't there a game that you could design your own car? I think it's called Supercar...from 03?

After the demo I can confirm that the gameplay is not just worse, but much, much, much, much, much, [(much x 10³)³]³ worse than U2.

STREETFIRE
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Hey, EA had not fixed everything when the demo was released. You would know that if you like to go to NFS Tuning (http://www.nfstuning.com/forum/index.php?referrerid=2151)

STREETFIRE
10-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Carbon is just beautiful, but one thing about I really hate about it is that is that the Koenigsegg CCX is not available in the normal version, or even in the collectors edition of Carbon, only that other edition, I forget what it was called.
There are two collector's editions. one is the normal one and the other is a 'Download Collector's edition'. Both are just as good as each other.

Gtek-i
10-31-2006, 11:46 PM
That's just gay (ahem) why make 3 versions? If they only made one wouldn't they sell better? Most Wanted Black didn't sell that good either, so whats the point? There is no point!

Gtek-i
10-31-2006, 11:50 PM
So far, Most Wanted hits my spot as the best tuner NFS game. Its got an awesome storyline, most of the cars are awesome, upgrades are awesome (except for some overdone bodykits), and ya...its nice:D

HSVLVR
11-01-2006, 03:33 AM
GT4 has near 500

Ahem... 700 cars.

Rockefella
11-01-2006, 03:35 AM
Ahem... 700 cars.
300 of them are variations on the Skyline, Evo, STi, and Silvia.

HSVLVR
11-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Meaning...

Rockefella
11-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Meaning...
Idk, you tell me.

HSVLVR
11-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Exactly.

Rockefella
11-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Exactly.
Not necessarily.

BMW_Trance
11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
300 of them are variations on the Skyline, Evo, STi, and Silvia.
lol probably, whats with the civic cop car in carbon??///1/ lol i saw that and giggled...:p

Drift Illusion
11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
There are two collector's editions. one is the normal one and the other is a 'Download Collector's edition'. Both are just as good as each other.
No the Downloaders has a Koenigsegg CCX. That in itself makes it a lot lot lot better...

STREETFIRE
11-04-2006, 03:14 AM
No the Downloaders has a Koenigsegg CCX. That in itself makes it a lot lot lot better...
No, the Downloaders has a Pagani Zonda F. The other collector's edition has the Koenigsegg CCX.