PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gear Vs. Top Gear

@wall
04-01-2004, 06:10 PM
for those of you that are 5th Gear/ Top Gear fans, which show do you think is better? Also who do you think is the best presenter?

personally I think Tiff is the best reviewer (simply because he can actually drive), but I prefer the format of Top Gear as a show...

Viper007Bond
04-01-2004, 06:54 PM
I used to like Fifth better, but I'm starting to like Top more. They can't drive as well as Tiff or Vicki, but it's a funnier show and they have some great segments. :)

Spastik_Roach
04-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Top Gear is awesome. The stig can drive! Jeremy Clarkson blows the socks off fith gear in terms of humour.

-TT-
04-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Uhm.. overall Top Gear is way better as a show.. and longer too! almost 60 against 30. Sure, lot of chit chat, but LOT of fun! To see Jeremy and Richard having fun insulting each other is great! I'm curious to see if this year the cast will remain exactly the same (Jeremy, Richard, James)..

But well, it's also true that 5th Gear has Tiff and he is a great driver and reviewer, and fun too! And this year they have Jason Plato that was previously on Driven!!! And well, Jason Plato is a GREAT driver too! I loved his first test with the Scaglietti!
And since last season, 5th Gear uses a small race track that IMO is way better than TG airfield

So well, not an easy decision.. also because the two shows tests different cars most of the time..

But my vote goes to TG :D

Scientist
04-02-2004, 02:29 AM
Yeah, Top Gear is the coolest! Jeremy has so much more humour than Tiff or Vicki.

But they need to review more supercars I think...Top Gear never had the Enzo or the Carrera GT around the track (that I know of).
The Zonda and the Koenigsegg CC8S are the only REALLY fast cars.

Oh and does anybody know the mystery behind The Stig? Who is he? :confused:

Rijoh
04-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Top Gear is the coolest. Clarkson is very funny always. But Vicki from 5th is the hottest presenter :cool:

UK CARS
04-02-2004, 09:03 AM
RIGHT then. I live in England and thats where they come from, i watch nearly every episode. TOP GEAR is soooo much better, its being going for years, it has its own studio and race track to test the likes of zonda, konigsegg, murceilago...........fifth gear has being going for not that long , though it has some nice cars too, the enzo for example.
the presenter Jeremy Clarckson is more of a legend than tiff, and a great driver, though tiff used to be a f1 driver!

Top gear is the original and the better. my opinion....

Mustang
04-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Top gear is the beat by far :D

brb
04-02-2004, 01:19 PM
fith gear focuses more on the safety of cars and do crash tests to also show ow safe the cars are. they usually test sum sort of family car out nothing major.
top gear is more exiting it tests great supercars out every show. top gear focuses more on the preformance and the look of the car.

i think top gear is the better program.
( the STIG is an exellent driveri think that he is either tiff neddel or jason plato.)

Matra et Alpine
04-02-2004, 03:18 PM
( the STIG is an exellent driveri think that he is either tiff neddel or jason plato.)
It's Perry Macarthy, he did GTs for a while as well as F1 test driver. There's a plug for his book at http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/features/essex_celeb/stig.shtml

bigmarkdarula
05-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Does 5th gear have a website?

When the guy reviews the 612 scaliati or whatever, there is a orchestra/classical song that is playin in the backgroudn when he turns on the car...

i wish i could get the name of that composition :confused:

Cotterik
05-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Top gear by an inch, Jeremy Clarkson is a GOD!! yea Matra i think the stig could be jason plato too, does anyone actually know?

Matra et Alpine
05-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Top gear by an inch, Jeremy Clarkson is a GOD!! yea Matra i think the stig could be jason plato too, does anyone actually know?
From the link I'd posted earlier in the thread ....

The Stig from BBC's Top Gear programme, Perry Macarthy talks to Simon Baldock about Formula One, test driving and his new book.

Matra et Alpine
05-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Does 5th gear have a website?
http://www.five.tv/home/frameset/?content=2278491

Great bit in the "tiff says" ....
Q: I think we should campaign to set our Tiff up against the stig, just to show who s the best.
Tiff
Bring it on any time anyplace!!

Justin Syder
05-14-2004, 10:48 AM
http://www.five.tv/home/frameset/?content=2278491

Great bit in the "tiff says" ....
Q: I think we should campaign to set our Tiff up against the stig, just to show who s the best.
Tiff
Bring it on any time anyplace!!

i'd love to see that, but how cool would it be if we found out the current stig is damon hill?!!

Scientist
05-14-2004, 11:36 AM
I like Top Gear better, Clarksons comments are much more funny than Tiff or Vicki's.
But 5th Gear is getting better. I like the reviews of the new fat guy (sorry, don't know his name, anyone? :confused: ), he reviewed the Aston Martin DB9 and the BMW 6 series convertible.

Coventrysucks
05-14-2004, 11:48 AM
I like the reviews of the new fat guy (sorry, don't know his name, anyone? :confused: ), he reviewed the Aston Martin DB9 and the BMW 6 series convertible.

The fat annoying one with the "I want to be Clarkson" hair is Tom Ford...

Top Gear is more entertaining, whilst 5th gear is more imformative, and has VBH :D

Matra et Alpine
05-14-2004, 11:49 AM
I like Top Gear better, Clarksons comments are much more funny than Tiff or Vicki's.
But 5th Gear is getting better. I like the reviews of the new fat guy (sorry, don't know his name, anyone? :confused: ), he reviewed the Aston Martin DB9 and the BMW 6 series convertible.
Tom Ford - top journo at CAR mag.

Scientist
05-14-2004, 11:56 AM
The fat annoying one with the "I want to be Clarkson" hair is Tom Ford...

Top Gear is more entertaining, whilst 5th gear is more imformative, and has VBH :D

Haha, thanks...

And Vicki is really nice, good driver as wel, ahum :p