PDA

View Full Version : Territory Treat

Tsar
04-02-2004, 04:27 AM
Heard some interesting comments today on How the territory actually drives.
I well placed government paid person involved in fleet management from Bris on a trip down yonder in Melb got the Keys to the new territory in the form of high serious spec.

In there words "Its awesome" and "simply wonderfull to drive" comfort handling and all those impoirtant things 10 outa ten. Of coarse they mentioned the engine, and they have not drivin a falcon lately either. "Simply a great motor, I wish I had know the Falcon motor was this good"

My $0.02c ......

I think the Territory will be a stand up start myself, and will be a testoment
for the Falcon as well.

anyone else know of test drives pre - release with some feedback or info ?

henk4
04-02-2004, 04:36 AM
being from the opposite side of the world: What is a Territory? How does it look?

Falcon500
04-02-2004, 06:38 AM
The territory is the new ford soft roader target at the australian market based heavily on the falcon...for a paictur and a more glowing response ask FPV....

henk4
04-02-2004, 06:50 AM
The territory is the new ford soft roader target at the australian market based heavily on the falcon...for a paictur and a more glowing response ask FPV....

When it's a soft roader I cannot wait to read a real Territory bashing by Crisis.

Falcon500
04-02-2004, 07:05 AM
When it's a soft roader I cannot wait to read a real Territory bashing by Crisis.
Well im none to happy with it...holden issaying its adventra isnt a soft roader but i think its about as low as a rav 4 and problyonly slightly more able....all i see in the holden is crappy adds and only auto avaible (but i cant help but like them....probly because its a station wagon...and my trade discount :D )

fpv_gtho
04-02-2004, 08:04 AM
well holden probably arent calling it a soft roader because of how the market its placed in has turned around. 10 years ago the market had patrols, landcruisers, seperate chassis pajero's, 4runners and various other small and medium 4wd's that were quite capable but still unmatched by the 'cruiser, and that i guess is how crisis liked the market. today theres still this market but the 4 runner has dissapeared, the pajero has adopted independant suspension and a car like monocoque chassis and theres 2 markets appearing for those who want a car that looks like a 4wd but they can park and drive it in suburbia. these are of course the soft roader market which is the biggest talked about that has the Rav 4, tribute/escape, CRV, Santa Fe and a host of other things from proactically everyone, then theres the step above that that holden, ford and toyota claim to have entered called the crossover market, where i suppose its much the same as the soft roader market but almost relying on existing hardware.

fpv_gtho
04-02-2004, 08:08 AM
being from the opposite side of the world: What is a Territory? How does it look?

its approximately 40% based on the falcon, using the falcons 6 cylinder engine, transmission and differential. the front suspension is all new and the rear suspension has been heavily modified for the tougher conditions and increased ride height. the body though although looking distinctively ford australian designed, is all new. its got more room inside than the falcon, but is shorter and wider on the outside with smaller overhangs reducing the overall length. ford believes that this sort of product will end up replacing the conventional family sedan which is why all of a sudden the big 3 have produced such products in the Klugar, Adventra and Territory

fpv_gtho
04-02-2004, 08:12 AM
Heard some interesting comments today on How the territory actually drives.
I well placed government paid person involved in fleet management from Bris on a trip down yonder in Melb got the Keys to the new territory in the form of high serious spec.

In there words "Its awesome" and "simply wonderfull to drive" comfort handling and all those impoirtant things 10 outa ten. Of coarse they mentioned the engine, and they have not drivin a falcon lately either. "Simply a great motor, I wish I had know the Falcon motor was this good"

My $0.02c ......

I think the Territory will be a stand up start myself, and will be a testoment
for the Falcon as well.

anyone else know of test drives pre - release with some feedback or info ?

a couple of months ago now, Ford handed the keys to several development territory's to various media groups such as ACP (wheels, motor and street machine), news limited and whoevers responsible for the Herald/Age newspapers. most of the reports were that they felt like it wasnt any heavier than a falcon and quite swift, but being development cars some of the interior trim and plastic colours were a bit oddball and most complained that over bumps the rear suspension "crashed"