PDA

View Full Version : New Viper coming out...already!? I hope rumour is true

maximus14433
04-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Well you guys would all probably think this is a load of shit....BUT i highly doubt it is, lets cut right to the chase, i was reading in forums of viperalley and stuff...and theirs supposed 2 be a a Viper SRT-10 Street Coupe coming out!! I guess it wuld have sum similarities as the COmptition Coupe..?? who knows, thers no pix for now. But i was also reading that some dude was dirving ona highway where lotsa company's test their cars out on it and the dude thot he saw a NEW GTS, had liek a competition coupe wing but smaller, body panels were somewat different, and sounded like a pissed off V-10, to me this sounds like its a SRT-10 Street Coupe Prototype, watch out VETTES! cuz thers supposed 2 be a Z06 coming out soon thats supposed 2 compete to the SRT-10, well since the street coupe is coming out, I believe thers no chance! :cool: :cool: :D

VIPER ALWAYS REMAINS ON TOP MOTHA F*CKA!!

Sweeney921
04-02-2004, 11:45 AM
that car is very, very nice

Batmobile_Turbo
04-02-2004, 02:20 PM
the Corvette will always be able to compete with the Viper.
anyway, i think that this will be a wicked car.

maximus14433
04-02-2004, 02:27 PM
the Corvette will always be able to compete with the Viper.
anyway, i think that this will be a wicked car.

True true, but Viper is now 1 step ahead of the Vette now....cuz the Z06 is like 405hp and GTS was 450hp, now the SRT-10 is 500hp and new Z06 will be roughly 500hp as well, and now the SRT-10 street coupe coming out, I assume its going to have more power...I hope..550 maybe 600 - so Viper is staying 1 Step ahead now! HOORAY FOR THE BEST AMERICAN CAR EVER MADE :confused: :eek:

Chinky_boi
04-02-2004, 09:36 PM
hp doesnt really mean much now. but there was this video that compared the viper srt -10 2003 to a corvette z06 and the z06 won in handling and acceleration but lost in top speed. and the corvette cost way less too

and about the best american car made. i think the saleen s7 and the ford gt90 will be the best.

ford gt90 can compete with mclarens.
with a 0-60 in 3.1 sec and a top speed of 230mph. quad turbo

maximus14433
04-02-2004, 09:52 PM
hp doesnt really mean much now. but there was this video that compared the viper srt -10 2003 to a corvette z06 and the z06 won in handling and acceleration but lost in top speed. and the corvette cost way less too

and about the best american car made. i think the saleen s7 and the ford gt90 will be the best.

ford gt90 can compete with mclarens.
with a 0-60 in 3.1 sec and a top speed of 230mph. quad turbo

I dont care wut u say...a Viper SRT-10 wuld smoke a Z06, all depends on the driver...i mean 0-60 for srt is 3.9...Z06 is like 4.1-4.3....like c'mon and handling the SRT-10 Pulls a 1.15g's skidpad when a Z06 does like 1.05 or sumthing close to that...and top speed is 190+mph and z06 is like 175-180mph...so i dont udnerstand wut u tihnk z06 smokin a viper gets into mind....all depends on driver..but staticly SRT-10 is ultamatly a more superior car...only difference that Z06 is beter at the price...tahts it!! but the Viper is worthe its price cuz its just so much sexier.
:rolleyes:

Chinky_boi
04-03-2004, 12:30 AM
I dont care wut u say...a Viper SRT-10 wuld smoke a Z06, all depends on the driver...i mean 0-60 for srt is 3.9...Z06 is like 4.1-4.3....like c'mon and handling the SRT-10 Pulls a 1.15g's skidpad when a Z06 does like 1.05 or sumthing close to that...and top speed is 190+mph and z06 is like 175-180mph...so i dont udnerstand wut u tihnk z06 smokin a viper gets into mind....all depends on driver..but staticly SRT-10 is ultamatly a more superior car...only difference that Z06 is beter at the price...tahts it!! but the Viper is worthe its price cuz its just so much sexier.
wtf 4.1-4.3 lol

the z06 is a 3.9accel and the srt is a 4.0 so i dont understand where you got your info?
and your one of the stereotype people who dont think about anything else but the viper is the best and everything else sucks.

just cause the viper is your favourite car doesnt mean you have to say everything else sucks

cuntukimushroom
04-03-2004, 01:54 AM
thats cool but does any1 hav any pics?
i cannot find any ;) thanks

Batmobile_Turbo
04-03-2004, 11:03 AM
the vette is worth its price plus this rebody kit, and also i like the looks of the Z06 much more than the Viper.
also, what makes you think that the new Viper is going to have that much more power? it's just the hardtop version, which doesn't warrent having more horsepower, they just want to make a hardtop version for better body rigidity and better handling. a Z06 can compete with th e Ferarri 575, and a 360, so what makes you think that a Z06 is so inferior? you are quoting all of these performance figures that are a very minute difference that ae slightly in favor of the Viper. not all Viper drivers are going to be great drivers, so if two average drivers were to race an '04 Viper SRT-10 and an '04 Corvette Z06, the driver of the Z06 would have the advantage because the Z06 is a much easier car to drive and work with. just face it, Chevrolet has had over fifty years to refine it.
why do you think that the Viper is so much cheaper than Ferarris and Astons anyway? it performs just as well, looks just as sweet, it's because Dodge has made this car a pure big ass sports car with a big ass angine, but ZERO comfort or drivability feature, it is hard to drive and is noisy and bumpy, and that's why people like it. but the Corvette is very much cheaper and has much better comfort and driveability, and nearly the performance to match.

anyway i love the Viper and i Love the Z06, but when your trying to lable your opinions as fact i see you as a closed-minded fanboy. you are trying to state facts that are focusing about everything but the cars themselves, like gears and such. i won't go on anymore, a Ramones video is on :D

maximus14433
04-03-2004, 11:31 AM
wtf 4.1-4.3 lol

the z06 is a 3.9accel and the srt is a 4.0 so i dont understand where you got your info?
and your one of the stereotype people who dont think about anything else but the viper is the best and everything else sucks.

just cause the viper is your favourite car doesnt mean you have to say everything else sucks

Bro wtf r u talking about...a SRT-10 does 3.9....check on motor trend..or even Dodge-Vipers.com, it was even tested on Ripleys Believe it or not and it did 3.9!! as long as u have the professional driver! u just dont uunderstand, the SRT-10 does a 11.7 1/4 mile and a Z06 does like a 12.5 around there, I dont understand where u get the Z06 is better! face the facts!!!!

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0211_vv/ <~~Speeding Shootout

They even did the Faceoff Challenge tested on Road and Track, and the SRT-10 Clearly won!! thats all that counts winning is winning, do u not get it.... :cool: Mostly depends on the driver but still....Under 'Whats hot' and 'Whats not'...it said SRT-10 said Super Duper Handling, Z06 for 'wuts hot' was Super handling....explain to me; as well the SRT-10 it said even more monsterous Power levels.... z06 said 'wuts hot' and it just said Monster power levels...thats it....im telling u...as a Viper fanatic..SRT-10 Cearly beats a z06!...there was even a Speeding shootout between a 911 turbo, Viper GTS ACR, and a Z06....911 was 1st, GTS ACR was 2nd, and Z06 was 3rd....explain to me how the Z06 is better than the SRT-10 wen it wuld clearly smoke the GTS ACR. (SRT-10)

-It was tested on 0-60, track, quarter mile, and braking, of course Viper's worste was on the braking, it came 3rd on that but Overal came 2nd at the end-

maximus14433
04-03-2004, 11:35 AM
wtf 4.1-4.3 lol

If you want even proof, look up SRT-10 Specs here http://dodge-vipers.com/03srt10.html compare ur freakin Z06...and tell me if the Z outperforms the SRT, I DONT THINK SO

OR EVEN LOOKS HERE, THE ACTUAL SPEEDING SHOOUT BETWEEN THE Z06 AND SRT-10 http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0211_vv/

Batmobile_Turbo
04-03-2004, 12:11 PM
did you read my post?
you are a fanboy

Chinky_boi
04-03-2004, 12:18 PM
did you read my post?
you are a fanboy
true fanboy

maximus14433
04-03-2004, 12:33 PM
did you read my post?
you are a fanboy

damn strait, Viper is the best F**ken car!! lol My opinion hehe.

Batmobile_Turbo
04-03-2004, 03:16 PM
but you are acting like other cars don't matter, and that Z06s can't compete with Vipers.

maximus14433
04-03-2004, 03:47 PM
nah of course theres competition, i just dont like it when ppl say that the z06 is better wen its not.....and im talking statisticly performance wise..orginally this forum was about the new SRT-10 Street coupe, not which car is better until some1 started with me sayin that the z06 won in handling and acceleration na ll that crap, wen thas a load of BS cuz the SRT pulls big lateral G's and acceleration i guess is roughly the same from 3.9-4.2 depending on driver, so its all good, but a car that compares i think is 911 turbo, eitgher way i think the SRT-10 even beats the 911 turbo....thats my opinion..but it wuld be a hard one.... :confused: wut do u think?

Chinky_boi
04-03-2004, 07:24 PM
nah of course theres competition, i just dont like it when ppl say that the z06 is better wen its not.....and im talking statisticly performance wise..orginally this forum was about the new SRT-10 Street coupe, not which car is better until some1 started with me sayin that the z06 won in handling and acceleration na ll that crap, wen thas a load of BS cuz the SRT pulls big lateral G's and acceleration i guess is roughly the same from 3.9-4.2 depending on driver, so its all good, but a car that compares i think is 911 turbo, eitgher way i think the SRT-10 even beats the 911 turbo....thats my opinion..but it wuld be a hard one.... :confused: wut do u think?
we can say the same to you. people can say o we dont like it when people say that the viper is better when its not. you understand?. everyone have there opinions buts its just what you think. your correct about the driver part. its just that the newer vipers and the newer corvettes jsut dont have the same things as the older agressive looks

Falcon500
04-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Most cars have their good points the zo6 being a lighter and smaller car would almost undoubtly have a handeling and breaking advantage...like wise it would save a noticble amount of fuel....

No question, the Z06 is friendlier, and this notion begins with its steering, handling, and ride. At highway speeds, it lasers in on the lane center and stays there, even on rough blacktop, with relaxed one-handed ease. With a slightly slower steering ratio, higher steering boost, and more suspension compliance than the Viper, the Chevy so feels much calmer. But civil doesn't mean numb: There's steering precision and solid road-grip feedback. Dive cleanly into a turn, and you feel the cornering forces build against your fingertips. Cook an unfamiliar bend too hard, and a touch of understeer checks in as an early warning. If you lose focus or misread a radius, there's electronic stability control to lean on. In terms of ride quality, the performance-spec Z51 suspension is firm, but in no way punishing, offering sufficient bump-absorbing wheel travel and good damping rates.

The Viper, on the other hand, is engaging from a ride-and-handling perspective. The SRT-10's harsh and sometimes noisy ride focuses your attention on dodging potholes or poorly mended expansion joints.In sum, if the new Viper's handling were a love interest, you'd describe it as responsive--but needy.

Powertrain performance is at the heart of this Vette-versus-Viper debate. Even with its surplus 95 hp, two extra cylinders, and displacement edge over the Vette's 5.7L V-8, the Snake's 8.3L V-10 barely makes up for its 250 lb plus of extra mass. Our acceleration numbers reveal a close match,

The icing on the small-block's civil behavior is the Vette's ability to nail mid-20s mileage at highway speeds. Indeed, the EPA numbers are 19/28 for the Z06. Driving the same flog route as the Vette, the Viper with the identical 18.5-gal fuel-tank capacity needed to be filled twice as often

If you judge a car by its 0-60 and quarter-mile times, the Viper is the winner here.

However, the Z06 is still seriously fast in a straight line and can corner and stop right up there with the Big Bad Dodge. It's a lot easier to live with on a daily basis. The Viper is a weekend toy, while the Corvette would serve as an everyday runner--that happens to have 405 horses. And let's not forget that it's a cheaper date by some $30 grand. How, by any stretch, could that be called a loser?

I highlighted some quotes here...also you are putting a hell of a lotof faith in what these jurnos are saying....rember they themselves are not usually professional drivers...and kid you really should drivethe 2 yourself to make a proper this ones clearly better then the other sort of argmuent...Also did you ever think of reliablility...cost of parts all that sort of stuff? im guessing not...also we have reprasentatives of both these cars in our motorsport and the dodge viper has a very poor utrition rate...

maximus14433
04-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Dude im talking about sheer performance of the car itself, not ho wmuch parts cost n reliablitiy and so on. Im talkin about the Z06 on a Track vs the SRT-10 on the track, and im saying the SRT-10 will outhandle the Z06, the SRT has a redefined suspension and chasis everything, so it handles MUCH BETTER than recent Vipers, the GTS, RT/10, and even the GTS ACR which the ACR handled best out of the GEN II Vipers, now the SRT takes its place, even the ACR was right behind a 911 turbo on the track, due to the ACR's suspension change, gave it better handling. So im guessing the ACR wuld easily compete and Id say be equal on the handling on a track, maybe Z06 possibly being able to handle a BIT better than the ACR, but if were talkin about the SRT-10 handling on a track, were talkin about a car that can pulla 1.15 g's on a skidpad, can a Vette do that? Not really yet, the Z06 pulls around 1.05g's around there, and the SRT-10 has improved DRAMATICLY on their braking, so if you have 2 professional drivers that are equal skilled lets say on a Laguna Seca track and go for a 3 lap race just to see who comes out on top between a 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and a 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10, I'd hafta say the SRT-10 will pass the finish line first on the final lap, just from its Highly improved handling, and its 500 horsepower and its 505 lbs. ft. torque to pull it across the track, and a lighter car from previous Vipers at around 3380Lbs and improved braking, thats where my conclusions comes to where the SRT-10 Wins, not only on the drag, but as well as on the Track.

Batmobile_Turbo
04-04-2004, 01:44 PM
that's not nessesarily true though, skid pad is not he ONLY thing that governs how well a car handles, the Z06 has figures only marginnaly not as good as the Vipers, just because the Viper is better than the Z06 on paper doesn't mean that it can beat the Z06 on real life. if i had the money to be able to buy a Viper, i would buy a Z06 and up the performance on it, then it would cost as much as a Viper but have better performance and, in my opinion, better looks.
and the next thing, just because a Viper can beat a Z06 on a track (and i'm ot saying it can't or can) that doesn't make it a better car. cars are supposed to drive on the street too, and in that department, the Z06 blows away the Viper bar none. plus, the Corvette has more history to it, it has been refined for 50 years, the Viper for about 10, so while the Viper has raw performance and sporty handling, the Z06 has refined performance and handling, which can match the Vipers.

so, the reason this disscussion has gone on so long is because you said that when the newest vrsions of the Viper GTS comes out, the Corvettes will never be able to catch up ever again, which is preposterous. and you have denied the flaws in the Viper that were outlined in Falcon 500s post, and said
" Dude im talking about sheer performance of the car itself, not how much parts cost n reliablitiy and so on."
but when was everyone else 'just' talking about that?

maximus14433
04-04-2004, 02:05 PM
not the new version of a GTS is new verison of the SRT-10 Street Coupe, and the SRT-10 i believe looks better than the Z06, vipers styling is...its different even with its displacement and everything, u got ur opinion on rather havin a Z06 and tuning it up to cost as much as an SRT-10, wutevr, and the SRT-10 is more of an everyday driver compare to the GEN II Vipers....u can actually go pretty far per gallon now, with the T-56 Tremec Transmission u can shift into 5th going about 60mph and not consume so much gas.....as I read up in an article...so wutevr, every1 has their different views on their cars, but this is bugging me how no1 is on the side of the SRT and every1 was stikin for the Vette, thats strange....

Batmobile_Turbo
04-04-2004, 02:12 PM
i'm not saying that the Viper is bad i'm just saying that the Z06 is not as inferior to the Viper as you think it is.

maximus14433
04-04-2004, 03:10 PM
yah 4 sure......for sure the Z is competitive, but im jus statin am beliefs that its a better race car,, the SRT-10 to the Z06....all around race car..oh well

mooseTSi
04-04-2004, 06:58 PM
jeeez. defend that viper. sounds like you read to much motor trend. being from metro detroit and everyone on my damn block is a engineer for the big 3 , i have driven both. both cars are just awesome. the viper sucked over bumps and was a bit small for me but the high hp mad me feel all better. the z06 in my opinion is better tho. it is more...user friendly, if you will. preformance wise the viper shows better numbers, but honestly how many of us buy vipers and z06's and take them to the track to race, let alone have ever been in the passenger side and someone else racing that we can judge both. its all about the driver.

fordfan2
04-05-2004, 02:45 AM
damn strait, Viper is the best F**ken car!! lol My opinion hehe.
Viper is defenately NOT the best car especially if you are comparing it to the ford gt90 and other cars alike theres no comparisom the gt would s**t on a vipee.

Falcon500
04-05-2004, 03:39 AM
not the new version of a GTS is new verison of the SRT-10 Street Coupe, and the SRT-10 i believe looks better than the Z06, ....

Thats an opion and one that many other people dont share.

....[/QUOTE]vipers styling is...its different even with its displacement and everything, u got ur opinion on rather havin a Z06 and tuning it up to cost as much as an SRT-10, wutevr,....[/QUOTE]

Now i have a wordflashing through my head (well a few actually) when i think of that and words like calloway and ligenfelther comes to mind...

....[/QUOTE]and the SRT-10 is more of an everyday driver compare to the GEN II Vipers....u can actually go pretty far per gallon now, with the T-56 Tremec Transmission u can shift into 5th going about 60mph and not consume so much gas.....as I read up in an article...so wutevr,....[/QUOTE]

Your changeing the subject and attempting to bend it back in your favor.....and facts in your article speak very loud on that note when compareing the best milage both cars got....

....[/QUOTE]every1 has their different views on their cars, but this is bugging me how no1 is on the side of the SRT and every1 was stikin for the Vette, thats strange....[/QUOTE]

And on that note its not strange...im a ford fan and ive been known to be against one eyed ford fans in a few cases....your one eyed opions quite ruin it for even dodge fans....most can very easily admit the z06 is a fine car....and if you look at our posts about the viper i dont think anyone here has really said anything but the truth about them where all youcan give the z06 is faint praise in one area and still say the viper is better or change the subject and compare the car to its previous model....There is no way the dodge could be better in every way....like wise if you put my falcon next to my sunny its obvious which car id prefer but there is no way i could say the falcon is better in every way....And your putting this car on a pedistal saying its a better race car....it is not a race car...it is a hard charging road car....and ill quote need for speed on this one (since you love media and other such sources of information) "the viper offers the most race car like feel out of the whole pack"....it may be closer to a racecar then alot of cars on the road but it is still not a race car...and on that note i personally wouldent want to drive a race car to work i value my liscnce and after a day of carting car parts around driveing something thatis quite argricultural in its ride isnt very appealing for some strange reason...

maximus14433
04-05-2004, 12:25 PM
god ur startin to bug me, 'changing the subject' and wutsoever...im coparing overall on everything, can u not see that or are u 2 narrow minded to realize..

wutevr jus plz close tihs subject now before it gets outta handd

Batmobile_Turbo
04-05-2004, 06:37 PM
god ur startin to bug me, 'changing the subject' and wutsoever...im coparing overall on everything, can u not see that or are u 2 narrow minded to realize..

how are we narrow minded? i think your the narrowmindes one here. do you have the money to buy a Viper and tote it to the race track? plus, a Corvette that has been to the Linghfelter shop could completly vanquish a Viper, and have better ride and overall handling.

i don't know how you could use the words "narrow minded" on people that have been in these forums for way longer than you have, i haven't said anything against the Viper that has not been my opinion and neither has Falcon500, and everyone has opinions.

maximus14433
04-05-2004, 06:43 PM
ok buddy, ill let it go i aint startin, once i start ill neevr stop trust so jus end it at that

Batmobile_Turbo
04-05-2004, 09:10 PM
ok buddy, ill let it go i aint startin, once i start ill neevr stop trust so jus end it at that
you are cornered, why don't you just comlement the Z06?

if you are hesitant to do so i'll start, the Viper SRT-10 is one of the best American cars ever made despite it's horrid ride quality. it has a rawness that can't be matched however.

Falcon500
04-06-2004, 03:27 AM

Well you are changeing the subject in places refering to it as being better then its predisesor and not compareing it to the other car in queastion is changeing the subject.....
Your obviously not counting on everything since you missed fuel ecconmy, ride quality and cost of parts for example....and that is incredibly rich your calling me narrow minded your the one who claims to be compareing everything when your not and you cant offer the z06 even the faintest amount of praise....You keep belting the car as being a better ahndeler why dont you find some other tests that prove this? for example salom speeds.....

Good idea batmobile....in this comparison the dodge wouldhave to be my preferd car because of its great engine,marvelous road feel and sheer prescence and the sound....

maximus14433
04-06-2004, 01:46 PM
damn bro wtf dont ug et i said dont talk bout it nymore of this BS cuz ur jus gonn make me keep going...wut do u do u keep fu*ken going! and for one i did talk a tinny bit about fuel economy,s crew cost of parts, if ur rich enuf tog et one, than that isnt a big deal....and wutevr yes Z06 is a good car, u happy noww?? jeeze I love its sound and it handles marvelous

Wolf03
04-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Look people are saying Corvette is better because in ways it is. Let's see, it may not beat the viper but it is very close at it's half the price! How can you compare them? I like all supercars, Vipers, Lambos, Ferraris, Corvettes, etc. but for me, Corvette is the ultimate car because it could contend with a Ferrari because the stats are very close, not the same, not better, but close and yet it costs at least half. And so we don't start another dispute, I mean by half that in Canada a top of the line Vette is about 80 000 and a Viper is about 150 000. I know it's not half, I was just saying it roughly. :rolleyes:
EDIT: If I made any mistakes on the pricing my bad, I havent' checked the prices of the cars, so don't start flamin' at me. :p

bum-man
04-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Dodge Viper Carbon concept
tuned 8.3L 625hp engine
lightened 150lbs

http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/srt10acr2.jpg
http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/srt10acr23.jpg
http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/srt10acr16.jpg
http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/srt10acr.jpg
http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/srt10acr6.jpg

maximus14433
04-07-2004, 03:24 PM
yah i saw pix of that car, that is so damn sexyyyy :D

C6-Z
04-16-2004, 10:12 PM
The new Zo6 might fall in short of power to the gts but the new said is also said 2 weigh in at 2900lbs.!!! which should kill the viper because it boasts 500-550 hp and 500-525 lbs. ft of torque. I f thats not enough GM is planning a variant called the blue devil to be priced the same as the viper srt-10 but have and all carbon fiber body and an hydroformed aluminum chassis expected to weigh 2400-2600 lbs and will have 625-650 horsepower s-charged 427 V8, Viper GTS who???

thinker
04-20-2004, 10:31 PM
on the subject of the original post, there is that concept carbon viper coupe which looks pretty tite....but itll probably come out later on

Slicks
04-21-2004, 01:01 PM
on the subject of the original post, there is that concept carbon viper coupe which looks pretty tite....but itll probably come out later on

I love that car, but it probably wont ever come out, itd be very expensive.

thinker
05-15-2004, 12:57 PM
2003 Dodge Viper is available as one model, the SRT-10 roadster. (A coupe is expected by 2005.) The SRT-10 comes with a manual top with a glass back-light (rear window), a six-speed manual transmission, anti-lock brakes, a viscous limited-slip differential, power windows and mirrors, intermittent wipers, and leather seating surfaces. Also included is an alarm with remote locks. The only engine available is a 500-horsepower 8.3-liter V10. This is part of an article from this site : http://dodge.jbcarpages.com/Viper/2003/
Has anyone heard anything lately about the coupe said to be released around 2005???

thinker
05-15-2004, 01:30 PM
also, the price of a coupe would be expected to go down in comparison to the convertible rite?

werty
05-15-2004, 02:10 PM
if they wanted to make the viper lighter, why didn't they just make the entire body out of carbon fiber, instead of just the top peices :confused:

deffenbaugh03
12-22-2004, 03:22 PM
because it would get alotlot more expensive. Plus most people probably like the looks of just the top pieces.

CdocZ
12-22-2004, 03:35 PM
you cant really say one is better then the other, i think. one is a brutal modern definition of muscle car. the other is a much more refined version of modern muscle car. depends on which you want. if you want practicality, and easy driveability, then of corse your gonna pick the vette. if you want basically a modern version of the shelby cobra (thats what the original viper was designed to be, carroll shelby even helped make it more like his monster). brutality or driveability? practicality or sheer pure sports car?

Slicks
12-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Are you talking about a Viper SRT-10 coupe like this?
This was a concept shown a while back

F1_Master
12-22-2004, 11:19 PM
That new GTS is most likely the Viper GTSR Concept they redid. Except its not planned for release until 2008-2009.

megotmea7
12-23-2004, 01:10 AM
also, the price of a coupe would be expected to go down in comparison to the convertible rite?
ha!, fat chance...

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:16 PM

stupid fanboy n00b

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:18 PM
csl, what in there makes him a fanboy? all those stats are real.

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:20 PM

The ZO6 beats the 911T around most race tracks, the 911 has inital grip due to AWD thus it is initlaly faster in a straight line

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:21 PM
csl, what in there makes him a fanboy? all those stats are real.

"VIPER ALWAYS REMAINS ON TOP MOTHA F*CKA!!"

"so Viper is staying 1 Step ahead now! HOORAY FOR THE BEST AMERICAN CAR EVER MADE "

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:22 PM
wow.........your basing it off of a single little acceleration factoid? are you serious? ok, viper beats vette in 0-60 and 0-100. 3.9 vs. 4.2, and i dont recall the exact stats to 100. quarter mile, the viper was pretty much born for, and it beats the vette there. viper also has incredible handling, and because of its huge torque bands, it can get back up to high speeds after it comes out of those turns (proven against the lotus elise, lotus can barely outhandle the viper in the first place). all of what i just said was true. so is honesty being a fanboy now?

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:23 PM
"VIPER ALWAYS REMAINS ON TOP MOTHA F*CKA!!"

"so Viper is staying 1 Step ahead now! HOORAY FOR THE BEST AMERICAN CAR EVER MADE "
well.........THAT makes sense. what you said at first was just a foolish accuesation

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:24 PM
The new Zo6 might fall in short of power to the gts but the new said is also said 2 weigh in at 2900lbs.!!! which should kill the viper because it boasts 500-550 hp and 500-525 lbs. ft of torque. I f thats not enough GM is planning a variant called the blue devil to be priced the same as the viper srt-10 but have and all carbon fiber body and an hydroformed aluminum chassis expected to weigh 2400-2600 lbs and will have 625-650 horsepower s-charged 427 V8, Viper GTS who???

its codenamed the Blue Devil, it will likely get some historic badge such as the ZL1, ZR1 ect if made

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:26 PM
no, that sounds like the new zo6's stats. which according to motor trend will have a 6.3 liter with 500 horsepower, and road and track says a 7 liter 500 horsepower engine.
ONE THOUSAND POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:27 PM
wow.........your basing it off of a single little acceleration factoid? are you serious? ok, viper beats vette in 0-60 and 0-100. 3.9 vs. 4.2, and i dont recall the exact stats to 100. quarter mile, the viper was pretty much born for, and it beats the vette there. viper also has incredible handling, and because of its huge torque bands, it can get back up to high speeds after it comes out of those turns (proven against the lotus elise, lotus can barely outhandle the viper in the first place). all of what i just said was true. so is honesty being a fanboy now?

im not saying the Viper is a bad car, him going around making assumptions that the next generation GTS will be so great when very little is known about any car.

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:29 PM
no, that sounds like the new zo6's stats. which according to motor trend will have a 6.3 liter with 500 horsepower, and road and track says a 7 liter 500 horsepower engine.
ONE THOUSAND POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont believe anything Motortrend says, its going to be a 7ltr 427 as expected. the leaked pictures have more than 1 pic of the engine bay and both say 7.0 LTR

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:29 PM
the next gts? well......the srt-10 gts-r is already out, and ready to beat the hell out of some porsche in the ALMS. this new competition coupe thing? actually, they already made one version of the srt-10 comp coupe, and it is a very high quality power performer. he is probably basing it off the originial version of the srt-10 comp coupe/gts-r

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:31 PM
the next gts? well......the srt-10 gts-r is already out, and ready to beat the hell out of some porsche in the ALMS. this new competition coupe thing? actually, they already made one version of the srt-10 comp coupe, and it is a very high quality power performer. he is probably basing it off the originial version of the srt-10 comp coupe/gts-r

the GTSR? wouldnt that be in GT1 (GTS last year) and not GT? they have huge competition with the C6R, DBR9, ect

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:33 PM
no, the have the new srt-10 racer now. its actually been out for awhile. basically, the normal version, is the average road going one. the comp coupe is basically a street legal version of the gts-r. its a VERY capable car.

CSL
12-27-2004, 03:36 PM
no, the have the new srt-10 racer now. its actually been out for awhile. basically, the normal version, is the average road going one. the comp coupe is basically a street legal version of the gts-r. its a VERY capable car.
yes that races in Speed GT against the Audi RS6 and CTSV and Corvettes ect

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:37 PM
yeah, probably this is just a re-make of the comp coupe and le mans racer. itll probably be meant much more as a serious power car then the current comp coupe

Falcon500
12-27-2004, 06:09 PM
This what the car industry need both to take steps against eachother and viciously compete with one another.....they can brag and consumers win to :)

And personally i think the new viper is great! where getting them in australia....now all i need is a winning lotto ticket :)

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 06:12 PM
you get the srt-10 in austrailia? nice! poor enlish people tho, they dont. awesome and amazing car!

Matra et Alpine
12-27-2004, 06:38 PM
We don't ? ( I'll let you away ONCE with mixing UP English and British :) )
We had previous Vipers = as long as we took left hookers.
So are these going to be right hookers for Australia ? If so, it woudl make sense to sell them in UK !!

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
well......ok, you guys do get vipers, but in veeerrrrrry low quantity.

Matra et Alpine
12-28-2004, 04:22 AM
Yeah poor distribution network.
No dedicated/trained mechanics.
LHD
Poor reputation.
( The same reasons put forward for many Eureopeans not selling in the US )
So could be a great car and doesn't get seen :(

fpv_gtho
12-28-2004, 04:46 AM
The Vipers we got were a very small batch of the first generation models, 25 in total. They were an aftermarket RHD conversion done by VIperformance in Victoria here and ended up selling for around $250K. Last i looked they'd sold about 8 :p People were actually saying the RHD conversions made the interior better

Chrysler Australia had plans to import the second generation models in on an order by order basis with hopes of also securing a sub $200K price as well. I think its fallen through though

Matra et Alpine
12-28-2004, 05:55 AM
Yeah a report in the UK said they "fixed" the offset steering wheel problem of the orignal LHDs.
The suggestion if you wanted RHD in the UK was to import one to Oz, get it converted and then shipped here !! The problem IIRC was that by the theim they had all the design work done and approvals passed that the model of the Viper the conversion was based on was out of production :)

fpv_gtho
12-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Pity there was no fixing that fat centre console which had the parking brake stuck on one side

I'd be interested to see how Chrysler Australia's plans are going right about now for the 2nd gen, its been a good while since they brought those 25 Vipers over and i havent really heard anything about it since.

Ive been led to believe though that even for 8 of those 25 Vipers to be sold, the price had to be heavily discounted, close ot the target $200K. Either way its still pretty expensive, $200K is about what the Ford GT would equate to

CdocZ
12-28-2004, 09:35 AM
vipers cost 200k in the uk?!?!?! only one thing i can say.........if i move to europe, im buying a viper first and shipping it there!

Matra et Alpine
12-28-2004, 09:52 AM
vipers cost 200k in the uk?!?!?! only one thing i can say.........if i move to europe, im buying a viper first and shipping it there!
:)
and on the way back buy a Ferrari, Aston, Lambo, Porsche, BMW or any number of other fast "expensive in the US" cars and ship them back
SERIOUSLY !!

Guy I used to work with did this with New Zealand. Bought RX7 in NZ and when coming to do palcement here shipped it over. Sold it here bought a 911 and then took IT back to NZ and sold it there. Not sure what he bought, but he earned himsle fa pretty penny ( especially as the company was being his relocation costs inc shipping the car :) )

CdocZ
12-28-2004, 09:53 AM
yeah, but a viper for 80k is a pretty good deal. or a used but perfect condition gts for 40k.

Rockefella
12-28-2004, 10:00 AM
:)
and on the way back buy a Ferrari, Aston, Lambo, Porsche, BMW or any number of other fast "expensive in the US" cars and ship them back
SERIOUSLY !!

Guy I used to work with did this with New Zealand. Bought RX7 in NZ and when coming to do palcement here shipped it over. Sold it here bought a 911 and then took IT back to NZ and sold it there. Not sure what he bought, but he earned himsle fa pretty penny ( especially as the company was being his relocation costs inc shipping the car :) )
lol, ill have to try that.

CdocZ
12-28-2004, 10:03 AM
oh, yeah forgot about that. when i was over at geneva this past march, i saw an acr........being sold for the most LUDICROUS PRICE ive EVER heard of! it was being auctioned off, and the start price was something around 350-400 THOUSAND dollars! really good classic cars dealership near me sold an acr for not even 40k!

Matra et Alpine
12-28-2004, 10:24 AM
acr? :confused:

CdocZ
12-28-2004, 10:50 AM
one of the viper models. poor guys, you didnt get any of those?

Matra et Alpine
12-28-2004, 01:08 PM
ah got it, American Club Racer. No, we didn't get any of the 'special' models AFAIK.
I think it was only the 'stock' models that were imported offically. Certainly that's all that thre was when I was there.

Auction car prices are also very unrelieable as a comparison for car prices. Some things go for crazy prices and then next auction don't reach reserve !!

If you're a Viper fan don't go to this link I found when I did a seach on Viper ACR - http://www.classicjaguar.com/viper.html - especially the bit where a TEXAN says the car is a bit wide :)

CdocZ
12-28-2004, 01:10 PM
still, i mean......why dont they buy it in america, and import it?

Matra et Alpine
12-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Left hand Drive ?
No service facilities ( see earlier post :) ) ?
More than likely the HIGH price would have been because of a previous owner. Getting someone famous on a log book is guaranteed to increase a price in an auction !!!

CdocZ
12-28-2004, 01:26 PM
so? its their choice, if they want to spend 250k for it, they can easily afford to send it back and forth every so often for maintenance (unless they just want to bottle it up inside some garage for 139572307 years) or if they want it THAT badly (the euros who drive on the right side of the road :p) im sure they wont mind.

QuattroMan
12-28-2004, 02:06 PM
the Corvette will always be able to compete with the Viper. anyway, i think that this will be a wicked car.

I would never trade Corvette over Viper,,,NEVER!!! :)

CdocZ
12-28-2004, 02:27 PM
corvettes dont really compete with vipers perfomance wise, vettes need their low price and practicality to actually compete with vipers.

QuattroMan
12-28-2004, 02:39 PM
corvettes dont really compete with vipers perfomance wise, vettes need their low price and practicality to actually compete with vipers.
Viper has to go to extreme in order to stay in the game, Corvette is a way better car then viper no one in the states thinks the Vipers are a big deal and it is not.....

fpv_gtho
12-28-2004, 10:04 PM
vipers cost 200k in the uk?!?!?!

Where did it say that?

Matt
12-29-2004, 07:00 AM
Viper has to go to extreme in order to stay in the game, Corvette is a way better car then viper no one in the states thinks the Vipers are a big deal and it is not.....

What makes you say that no one here thinks the Viper is a big deal?

QuattroMan
12-29-2004, 08:17 AM

I should of said California,,,,I just don't see people make a big deal hear, I lived in CAL.. for mighty long time Corvette always out shines Viper all the time, now don't get me wrong if I the chance to have one I wont say no :) but Corvette will all ways be my #1 choice...

Matt
12-29-2004, 08:20 AM
I have a feeling that the Corvette is far from a big deal in California, too. Why would anything that cheap and homely be seen as significant in a land where you can see multiple foreign exotics in a day?

QuattroMan
12-29-2004, 08:30 AM
I have a feeling that the Corvette is far from a big deal in California, too. Why would anything that cheap and homely be seen as significant in a land where you can see multiple foreign exotics in a day?

that could be one of the reasons, and that is why I live here I love California you want to see cars? you can see them here,,,hey matt it should not be so hard to move here....just pack your stuff and booyyaa!!! your here.. :D

Coventrysucks
12-29-2004, 09:26 AM
(proven against the lotus elise, lotus can barely outhandle the viper in the first place). all of what i just said was true. so is honesty being a fanboy now?

That's interesting, as everything I have seen says the Elise has fantastic handling, and the Viper is rather poor.

Are you sure you are not confusing the ability of the Viper to carry more speed through a corner due to the grip provided by its huge rear tyres, compared to the Lotus?

They are selling 15 SRT-10s in the UK at £77,000 each (~$150,000 at current rates)

F1_Master
12-29-2004, 11:17 AM
that could be one of the reasons, and that is why I live here I love California you want to see cars? you can see them here,,,hey matt it should not be so hard to move here....just pack your stuff and booyyaa!!! your here.. :D

Like Matt said, the Vette and Viper rare depending on the area. If its a popular car, then its not a big deal. However, some places, its rare, and that's a big deal.

The Viper and Vette are pretty much nothing but another car. Heck, 360 Ferraris aren't a big deal in Monaco. It depends on the area.

QuattroMan
12-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Like Matt said, the Vette and Viper rare depending on the area. If its a popular car, then its not a big deal. However, some places, its rare, and that's a big deal.

The Viper and Vette are pretty much nothing but another car. Heck, 360 Ferraris aren't a big deal in Monaco. It depends on the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt

I should of said California,,,,I just don't see people make a big deal hear, I lived in CAL.. for mighty long time Corvette always out shines Viper all the time, now don't get me wrong if I the chance to have one I wont say no but Corvette will all ways be my #1 choice

No arguments it all my friend, :)

CdocZ
12-29-2004, 08:58 PM
ok, vipers are not exactly common anywhere, there are too few for them to really be all that even semi-common. vettes? hell, im happy when i see them, but if i somehow dont see a vette every day, then its the only day like that for the next 3 weeks at least. i think vettes are special, even tho ive seen a gallardo, 360 spyder, and 550 maranello in the food stores parking lot, along with some more luxurious things like jaguar xjr's and merc sl series everywhere. i recently learned there is a mclaren slr near where i live. when i see mustangs, i appreciate it. if you dont apreciate them when you see them, then why care if you see ANYthing? if you really like cars, be gratified to see those things, not "oh, another vette"

Falcon500
12-30-2004, 02:12 AM
Well one time i saw a 360 spydor and to be honest i wasnt really impressed... I just casually lookedover and thought "oh a ferrari...?...wonder if he saw that speed camera..FLASH...nope" :) guy seemed to think he owned the road......

But yeah i was impressed but still im more impressed seeing a late model Mustang (uncommon here) GT falcon, wrxs and so on....

CdocZ
12-30-2004, 08:35 PM
exactly my point. also, appreciate every special car anyway, cause in a few years, we wont hear the rumbles of muscle cars or the roars of the roadsters. everything will either be a prius hybrid type thing, or a hydrogen engine. these things wont be around forever!

CdocZ
12-30-2004, 08:38 PM
oh, yeah, i recently bought the winter edition of "viper" magazine, and its only a coupe version. it looks amazingly cool, but no improved stats or engine or w/e. thats not coming for awhile yet.