PDA

View Full Version : PS3 upgrade and price drop!

werty
09-30-2006, 05:26 PM
The system of your dreams may have just dropped $50 in price! And the 20 gig PS3 now has HDMI 1.3! Also, all wireless PS3 controllers will come with a charger and battery, unlike 360 with sells them seperatly:(

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734349p1.html

NSXType-R
09-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Damn, that's still around 500 bucks. But good news still.:D

TheOne
09-30-2006, 06:15 PM
too bad its only for the japanese market, there's no price drop for US.

Rockefella
09-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Awesome, now Sony offers a free set of cheap generic batteries (about $0.50 for two batteries) and a charger pack (roughly $10) for free with their $549.99 system.

How incredible!

Vaigra
09-30-2006, 06:29 PM
About 220 of our GBP's...great price for us, but that's a direct conversion. Guaranteed we won't get it for less than 300 when it hits our shores.

acemotorsport
09-30-2006, 06:45 PM
we will probibly get it around 600 to 700aud the xbox 360 is selling for $649aud

bmwpower
09-30-2006, 06:45 PM
I think it's too overpriced..people need to find better things to do with their time then just game..and with that money u know they'll be only gaming for a long time..

The_Canuck
09-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Awesome, now Sony offers a free set of cheap generic batteries (about $0.50 for two batteries) and a charger pack (roughly $10) for free with their $549.99 system.

How incredible!
Umm there probably Nickel metal hydride batteries wich are quite expensive....

2ndclasscitizen
09-30-2006, 07:05 PM
NiMH batteries...expensive...you need to start shopping somewhere else

clutch-monkey
09-30-2006, 08:05 PM
we will probibly get it around 600 to 700aud the xbox 360 is selling for $649aud
it's going to cost a grand here, dude.
you can buy a car for that (i did)

acemotorsport
09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
it's going to cost a grand here, dude.
you can buy a car for that (i did)
thats bull shit they will want it to be close to the xbox 360 as possible with that price they wont sell much

The_Canuck
09-30-2006, 08:47 PM
NiMH batteries...expensive...you need to start shopping somewhere else
Well there not 50 cents! :D

adrenaline
09-30-2006, 09:10 PM
This news is pretty old :D It isn't really an upgrade. And Japan is the only place on Earth where the price is dropped. The HDMI was always an issue since it was announced that it wouldn't be in the core model. Not having the HDMI would have meant problems with DRM in the future and what's the point of having High def Blu Ray movies without being able to see it in true High def through HDMI. Alot of people predicted that Sony would announce it's inclusion last minute.

adrenaline
09-30-2006, 09:12 PM
thats bull shit they will want it to be close to the xbox 360 as possible with that price they wont sell much

$999 for the Australian high spec PS3. They can't just look at the Xbox and price it accordingly!! PS3s aren't cheap to manufacture, so pricing them too low will send the company almost bankrupt. As it is Sony are losing money on each PS3 unit.

EDIT:
Look at it this way: In the PS3 you get a Blu Ray player (Which by themselves retail for US$1000), a next gen gaming console and the entire PS2 chipset (For backwards compatibility). So for US$649, you get a PS2 inside a PS3 which has a $1000 Blu Ray drive inside it. I call that a sweet deal. Although alot of people won't need blu ray, and the PS2 chipset inside the PS3 just shows that Sony are being lazy when it comes to working out backwards compatibility.

clutch-monkey
09-30-2006, 09:49 PM
i bought a 360 and a mini for a grand, lol. who needs ps3 :D

adrenaline
09-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I buy consoles for GTA and racing simulations (not that many racing games simulate anything close to real world dynamics these days). Now that 360 has GTA, and PGR is looking good, the PS3 is looking less appealing. Especially with that price tag and the newest 6 month delay.

clutch-monkey
09-30-2006, 09:59 PM
^ plus TDU is better than i expected (hassling noobs in a quartet of F1 GTR's lol) and Forza 2 should be cool. i just could not be bothered spending an extra $500 on a console that won't be $500 better when playing it... the gameplay will still be the same.

well that's the projected price now. what are you gonna do, argue with sony? and the 360 is $590 here if you go to JB hi fi.

acemotorsport
09-30-2006, 10:34 PM
^ plus TDU is better than i expected (hassling noobs in a quartet of F1 GTR's lol) and Forza 2 should be cool. i just could not be bothered spending an extra $500 on a console that won't be $500 better when playing it... the gameplay will still be the same.

well that's the projected price now. what are you gonna do, argue with sony? and the 360 is $590 here if you go to JB hi fi.

ill wait a few months until i can get a 360 and a ps3 for the price of the ps3

PS jb hi fi rules i got a silver ps2 a game, a memory card and a extra controller for $279aud that looks expensive but this was when the small ps2 was released

clutch-monkey
09-30-2006, 10:36 PM
^ they sell some games now for the 360 for $70 new, when EB wants $90 for used games... and did you mean 360 and wii for the price of a ps3? cos that's what i'm doing

acemotorsport
09-30-2006, 10:38 PM
^ they sell some games now for the 360 for $70 new, when EB wants $90 for used games... and did you mean 360 and wii for the price of a ps3? cos that's what i'm doing
and that too

adrenaline
09-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Personally, I think the Wii will be the big winner in terms of sales...Everyone wants to try it out...and it's so cheap (relative to the PS3 and 360)

10-01-2006, 12:49 AM
thats bull shit they will want it to be close to the xbox 360 as possible with that price they wont sell muchno they dont (http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/30/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-xiii-kutaragi-sez-sony-doesnt-care-a/)

Rockefella
10-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Oh no! 2 dollars more since they're buying in bulk. They're going bankrupt!!!!

adrenaline
10-01-2006, 12:54 AM
no they dont

I love that picture.

Blitz_
10-01-2006, 01:10 AM
PLEASE tell me its not going to be that big :D

clutch-monkey
10-01-2006, 01:11 AM
oh come on, everyone needs a new coffee table, blitz :p:D

acemotorsport
10-01-2006, 01:49 AM
no they dont (http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/30/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-xiii-kutaragi-sez-sony-doesnt-care-a/)
what a dickhead

adrenaline
10-01-2006, 02:12 AM
what a dickhead

Your posts are really heading down the drain in terms of quality. Are you referring to jakg as a dickhead or Mr Sony? Either way the post is useless.

Bob
10-01-2006, 04:48 AM
Look at it this way- anyone with the kind of equipment it takes to really use all the power the ps3 is putting out - that's a few grand for a widescreen hi- def tv, at least a few hundred for a good sound system, probably around 50-60 for cables bc hdmi and fiber optics aren't cheap, and around 70 bucks a game... after that the ps3 is just an afterthought in terms of price.

as for me, I'll be spending my time doing something productive, so I don't really care.

acemotorsport
10-01-2006, 04:58 AM
Your posts are really heading down the drain in terms of quality. Are you referring to jakg as a dickhead or Mr Sony? Either way the post is useless.
mr sony
sorry if i offended jakg

Vaigra
10-01-2006, 05:36 AM
mr sony
sorry if i offended jakgYou were still using offensive terms, which I'm sure you've been warned about before.

adrenaline
10-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Look at it this way- anyone with the kind of equipment it takes to really use all the power the ps3 is putting out - that's a few grand for a widescreen hi- def tv, at least a few hundred for a good sound system, probably around 50-60 for cables bc hdmi and fiber optics aren't cheap, and around 70 bucks a game... after that the ps3 is just an afterthought in terms of price.

as for me, I'll be spending my time doing something productive, so I don't really care.

Well if you're the next generation of hard core gamer you might spend $30,000 on a system to make the PS3 look that little bit more impressive. But for the rest of us, most (If not all) TVs/ speaker systems are PS3 friendly. You don't have to match it's output with the latest tech, it's only built in to cater for the future, as the bar is raised in terms of TV/ audio techlology.

mr sony
sorry if i offended jakg

OK...Then why is he a dickhead? :D Is it really appropriate/ necessary?

10-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Well if you're the next generation of hard core gamer you might spend $30,000 on a system to make the PS3 look that little bit more impressive. But for the rest of us, most (If not all) TVs/ speaker systems are PS3 friendly. You don't have to match it's output with the latest tech, it's only built in to cater for the future, as the bar is raised in terms of TV/ audio techlology.why the hell don't you just buy a pc if the PS3 is gonna cost that much? a monitor will look better than a tv will, and the PC will have waaaay more power and graphics

adrenaline
10-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Properly configured PCs will always beat consoles graphically, but IMO (my opinion on PC gaming being fairly uninformed) they fall behind in terms of the games available.

10-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Properly configured PCs will always beat consoles graphically, but IMO (my opinion on PC gaming being fairly uninformed) they fall behind in terms of the games available.i suppose it depends what you want to play - PC's tend to get the more "realistic" games (ie LFS), while consoles get stuff like NFS (probably because the processing power that goes into one LFS tyre is the same to a whole NFS car!) - same with stuff like HL2, the pc had the power to do all kinds of cool stuff (Gravity Gun>Ordinary Gun), whereas the consoles didnt - know they are faster, but no where near PC speed (and anyone that says otherwise is talking *****)

NuclearCrap
10-01-2006, 06:58 PM
i suppose it depends what you want to play - PC's tend to get the more "realistic" games (ie LFS), while consoles get stuff like NFS (probably because the processing power that goes into one LFS tyre is the same to a whole NFS car!)

That's not true, I believe PC gets both category. :D

Don't forget that whenever a PC has problems, we can RMA only the failing hardware and not the whole system, and they're much more customizable in terms of performance, quality, and style.

Anyone who thinks consoles are equally the same as a PC graphically, keep one thing in mind: Game developers optimize games for consoles, which they have to ensure that there can be no problems occuring during gameplay, so they would always have to keep a high framerate most of the time, and to do that they do need to lower graphical settings, sometimes even the same or lower than a medium-spec PC as shown here (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6154261/p-3.html), and if you click on next page you can see how it compares with a high-spec PC. :)

Quiggs
10-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Posters for PS3 are up at Best Buy. It's coming... :)

Egg Nog
10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't really find consoles all that cool? A PC is the ultimate platform for games. The pricing doesn't even make that much of a difference at this point.

The thing is, you're going to have a PC anyway, so you can't compare a PS3 directly in price to a high-end gaming machine because we all know you use a computer for more than that. The ability to play retardedly expensive movies at higher definition than normal is only a real bonus to a few hardcore tech geeks. The money you'd spend on a PS3 and a decent TV to play it on isn't going to be different than a computer with a nice monitor. Plus, you get the ultimate feature of usable internet, basically any software application, a keyboard, and a mouse. Unless you're talking about simulation games, there's very little that beats a mouse and keyboard for gaming.

Can I get an amen?

werty
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Can I get an amen?

No. Why? Because my computers in the past have always crashed and always get dated within months of purchase.

My consoles have never broken(no viruses), they only get outdated once every 6-7 years.

Plus the consoles game library would rape a pc's pitiful excuse for game library.

Thirdly, you can buy a cheap computer and and still get a console for less than a pricey unreliable pc.

Dont get me wrong, i love nice pc's. But i would never buy one, and i dont like it when pc guys try to convince me pc's are better, when they aren't.

Egg Nog
10-01-2006, 08:14 PM
No. Why? Because my computers in the past have always crashed and always get dated within months of purchase.

My consoles have never broken(no viruses), they only get outdated once every 6-7 years.

Plus the consoles game library would rape a pc's pitiful excuse for game library.

Thirdly, you can buy a cheap computer and and still get a console for less than a pricey unreliable pc.

Dont get me wrong, i love nice pc's. But i would never buy one, and i dont like it when pc guys try to convince me pc's are better, when they aren't.

It's pretty hard to take you seriously when you say something like "console game libraries would rape PC game libraries". Although I do agree there are a lot more games for consoles.

Maybe I'm just not enough of a gamer to justify buying one of those things, but the fact is that you ignored most of my points. You would never buy a PC? What does that mean? Are you typing this on, your Xbox? Unless of course you mean you're typing this on a computer that you didn't buy, which would render the entire argument invalid. If everyone got a free computer, there wouldn't be much of a cost comparison argument.

EDIT: You say your consoles have never broken? I'm not saying that they're unreliable or anything, but in all fairness, you're the one who started a thread called "My Xbox 360 officially died today (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24520)"

The_Canuck
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM
No. Why? Because my computers in the past have always crashedand always get dated within months of purchase. (Perhaps it was because you bought bad software?)

My consoles have never broken(no viruses), they only get outdated once every 6-7 years. (Refer to above post)
Plus the consoles game library would rape a pc's pitiful excuse for game library. (Hmm mabye because games are normally made for consoles...oh and the best games are available for PC anyway, and are usually better)
Thirdly, you can buy a cheap computer and and still get a console for less than a pricey unreliable pc. ( yeah because all PCs are unreliable)

I don't like it when people only look a t small aspects of and argument, or when people are arrogant. Oh and a side note, i have never played a game on a PC, (internet games aside) yet i can still see the arguement, and accept that its a good one.

werty
10-01-2006, 08:32 PM
It's pretty hard to take you seriously when you say something like "console game libraries would rape PC game libraries". Although I do agree there are a lot more games for consoles.

Maybe I'm just not enough of a gamer to justify buying one of those things, but the fact is that you ignored most of my points. You would never buy a PC? What does that mean? Are you typing this on, your Xbox? Unless of course you mean you're typing this on a computer that you didn't buy, which would render the entire argument invalid. If everyone got a free computer, there wouldn't be much of a cost comparison argument.

EDIT: You say your consoles have never broken? I'm not saying that they're unreliable or anything, but in all fairness, you're the one who started a thread called "My Xbox 360 officially died today (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24520)"
well if you look back at my post, i said i would never buy a "nice pc"

and looking back again about my consoles never breaking i put (viruses) in parenthesis as in consoles dont get them and my pc gets a new one everyday, thanks to spyware

when my computer has been damaged in the past i dont get a new one right away like with the xbox. and while it was away from me for that one week, i still had a cheap pc for internet and microsoft word...which is all you really need a pc for;)

dont take my words out of context

adrenaline
10-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Posters for PS3 are up at Best Buy. It's coming... :)

In Australia, EB games and other electronics leaders are all advertising the PS3 and taking orders for the 17th of November. They have all of the posters advertising NOVEMBER 17. Now the dumbasses at Sony have made it late in March of 2007....lmao. Even thought there's a 6 month delay, they are still advertising Nov. 17 and taking pre orders.

One thing that makes me wonder is the fact that Sony said they were manufacturing PAL region consoles FIRST. But the Pal regions have got the delay. I swear Sony is run by monkeys.

The_Canuck
10-01-2006, 08:48 PM
well if you look back at my post, i said i would never buy a "nice pc"

Ok so first you complain about getting viruses and your computer crashing and then you say you'll never buy a "nice PC"....well theres your problem.

Do you here about people who buy known unreliable/cheap cars and then complain that they always break down?

Classic example of you get what you pay for.

Blitz_
10-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Ease up people, the whole PC vs..console debate is a very large argument to say the least. Werty, I think alot of your statements are a bit out there, or in other words lacking serious support from sources. Thats not to say im not understanding where you're coming from. You're an avid gamer, and like all gamers they feel proud of what they own and feel like they have to defend thier purchases.

PC or console? There is NO definite answer, to say so is erm, blashpamy? Each individual person has factors that surround how they play,when they can play, the environment, friends etc. Some people find PC's more comfortable to live with rather than consoles, and vice versa.

Settle down kids, we dont want a silly flame war erupting now do we :D

adrenaline
10-02-2006, 05:24 AM
My take on PC vs Consoles is: It depends:D

PC may provide the better gaming experience, but consoles last longer (alot longer) and have more game developer suport...and an army of fanboys proving their over priced system is best.

adrenaline
10-02-2006, 06:17 AM
PSM3 got their hands on a REAL WORKING PS3.

http://www.psm3mag.com/resources/psm3/photo1.jpg

I guess November 17 is looking very solid right now...

The PS3 unit looks nice too...

werty
10-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Ok so first you complain about getting viruses and your computer crashing and then you say you'll never buy a "nice PC"....well theres your problem.

Do you here about people who buy known unreliable/cheap cars and then complain that they always break down?

Classic example of you get what you pay for.
nice pc as in a fully modded blah blah blah with enough graphics card to make the matrix :p

i have a reliable and cheap pc, a sony vaio, but that doesnt mean it cant get viruses, same goes for super expensive comps

dont tell me the more expensive the computer is the more reliable it is/never gets a virus

werty
10-02-2006, 08:17 AM

[Image]

I guess November 17 is looking very solid right now...

that looks sweet! i wonder when the demo's will be on the floors so we can try em out

Rockefella
10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
that looks sweet! i wonder when the demo's will be on the floors so we can try em out
Try them out meaning wait in line behind 10 or more 8 year olds. :(

NSXType-R
10-02-2006, 08:33 AM

Damn, that's pretty damn big.... :D

You guys can believe what you guys want, but my computer really sucks. I just use it for HW and no games really. I'll be waiting for the PS3's price drop, whenever that comes. :D

Problem is, if I ever do get a nice PC, I'm making sure I'm getting a REALLY nice one so I won't really be investing into it much into the future, and I think that'll cost more than the PS3. You're right that the PC is more powerful than any PS3 because of it's fully upgradable, but the PS3 will just be more convenient because you never will need to add or buy anything for it.

And on a side note, what does nickle hydride batteries have to do with the PS3?:confused:

You guys have been talking about it for a while.

werty
10-02-2006, 12:18 PM
well i brought up in the original post from ign that the PS3 controllers come with a rechargable battery and charger, unlike the 360 which sells the battery and charger seperate for more money

then the ps3 haters said the battery was probably crappy:p

but as ive been trying to tell some of them, the ps3 might not really be that much more expensive than the xbox360

for example...again...

a loaded xbox, with hardrive, battery and charger for wireless controller, xbox live, wireless network adaptor will be much more than $500, more like $600

yet the PS3 is $600 right off the shelf, with built in wireless network adaptor, comes with battery and charger, and sony online

so really the ps3 is like a few dollars more, maybe even cheaper

lets face it, the core xbox 360 is not selling well at all, everyone wants the HDD and all the little seperate accesories...the same accesories that come with a PS3

secondly, the PS3 is fully backwards compatible right off the shelf, so you dont have to get rid of your old games, like xbox which currently sucks at backwards compatibility...and i know they are working on it, but they really shouldv had it compatible for all games from the start

i predict that in 1-2 years time after the PS3 launch, sony will be dominating the gaming/console industry once again

kigango123
10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
well i brought up in the original post from ign that the PS3 controllers come with a rechargable battery and charger, unlike the 360 which sells the battery and charger seperate for more money

then the ps3 haters said the battery was probably crappy:p

but as ive been trying to tell some of them, the ps3 might not really be that much more expensive than the xbox360

for example...again...

a loaded xbox, with hardrive, battery and charger for wireless controller, xbox live, wireless network adaptor will be much more than $500, more like $600

yet the PS3 is $600 right off the shelf, with built in wireless network adaptor, comes with battery and charger, and sony online

so really the ps3 is like a few dollars more, maybe even cheaper

lets face it, the core xbox 360 is not selling well at all, everyone wants the HDD and all the little seperate accesories...the same accesories that come with a PS3

secondly, the PS3 is fully backwards compatible right off the shelf, so you dont have to get rid of your old games, like xbox which currently sucks at backwards compatibility...and i know they are working on it, but they really shouldv had it compatible for all games from the start

i predict that in 1-2 years time after the PS3 launch, sony will be dominating the gaming/console industry once again

amen to that!

NSXType-R
10-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Ok, I gotcha.

So which side are you on anyway...? :p

Are you satisfied with your XBox 360?

I'll always be a PS3 supporter. GT5 anyone?

With Sony going online, will it have it's own version of XBox Live, where you need to pay and stuff like that?

I have a feeling that that won't be popular of Sony offers it.

The_Canuck
10-02-2006, 01:47 PM
nice pc as in a fully modded blah blah blah with enough graphics card to make the matrix :p

i have a reliable and cheap pc, a sony vaio, but that doesnt mean it cant get viruses, same goes for super expensive comps

dont tell me the more expensive the computer is the more reliable it is/never gets a virus

Well if you take the right precautions and buy antivirus software...or get it for free...they won't get viruses. I have had this computer for 2 0r 3 years and have hade no viruses.

The_Canuck
10-02-2006, 01:50 PM
I just thought about it and if i get just a computer upgrade that means no more Socom :( Mabye PS3 ftw?

werty
10-02-2006, 06:04 PM
look, i have no idea where everyone is coming up with the idea that my computer sucks butt

all i said was my computers have had viruses in the past, no matter how nice or crappy a comp is, ive seen them all get effed up eventually

thats why im saying you should never spend tons of cash on a pc when its possible it will die, just buy the essentials save hundreds by not buying extreme graphics cards and intercoolers etc etc and buy yorself a nice console with that money and be happy

my definition of a nice comp is one that is decked out, not a sony vaio which i have, but a comp that is custom built for games..aka expensive..DUH!

oh course i have anti-virus protection on my comps, im not an noob;)

werty
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Ok, I gotcha.

So which side are you on anyway...? :p

Are you satisfied with your XBox 360?

I'll always be a PS3 supporter. GT5 anyone?

With Sony going online, will it have it's own version of XBox Live, where you need to pay and stuff like that?

I have a feeling that that won't be popular of Sony offers it.
i love my 360 alot, and i love idea of the PS3 and even expensive pc's

but im a supporter of consoles, except the wii, why did it have to be so lame...but then again, ill probbaly buy one just to try it out:p when the price drops to $50 which is exactly whats its worth to me;)

just so you know, im reserving a ps3 for myself at gamestop, but im gonna wait in line at best buy for another, that best buy ps3 will be for sale immediately for $2000. After it sells, which it most definetely will seeing as there is a ps3 shortage, i will go into gamestop pick up MY ps3 and have $1400 left over:cool:

adrenaline
10-02-2006, 06:40 PM
The PS3 online will be free, with an optional subscription upgrade, UCP style:D

So many people forget they are getting Blu Ray with PS3. Hate the format or not, the individual players are $1000 and upwards.

EDIT:

just so you know, im reserving a ps3 for myself at gamestop, but im gonna wait in line at best buy for another, that best buy ps3 will be for sale immediately for $2000. After it sells, which it most definetely will seeing as there is a ps3 shortage, i will go into gamestop pick up MY ps3 and have $1400 left over

LOL people are willing to pay so much to get their hands on it...After the 360 shortage and the Ebay get rich quick phenomenon, people are prepared for the PS3...If I was in America at the same time I would try and do the same thing...

werty
10-02-2006, 07:01 PM
LOL people are willing to pay so much to get their hands on it...After the 360 shortage and the Ebay get rich quick phenomenon, people are prepared for the PS3...If I was in America at the same time I would try and do the same thing...
yep, some people over here(kids) go crazy when it comes to getting something the second it comes out no matter what the cost

my cousins best friend bought 6 copies of halo 2 when it came out, and made $2500 the next day:cool: that my friends is pure genious!

adrenaline
10-02-2006, 08:52 PM
If only it was the same in Australia...

I'm looking at importing a PS3, because 6 months waiting is just irritating.

NuclearCrap
10-03-2006, 04:36 AM
1. Believe it or not, my current machine hasn't gotten any viruses, trojans, or even spywares since the first day it was put into use.

2. You don't need to have an uber-PC to prevent problems.

3. Only a person with little knowledge about hardwares would have a PC that dies quicker than a console.

4. A person who's able to make the right decisions on softwares and hardwares would not complain, and if you still get viruses while having anti-virus softwares, then yes you are a noob for not choosing a better software and/or not knowing how to remove viruses manually.

5. A custom-built PC is always half the price of a branded/packaged PC such as Alienware or Dell, thus making it the cheapest and best option for buying.

6. The best Sony VAIO desktop specced PC can be built for at most $700, and yes laptops can be custom-built too.

7. PC is the most reliable system if you know how to maintain it, as in not taking it back to the manufacturer and have them fix it for you at all.

Blitz_
10-03-2006, 06:03 AM
1. Believe it or not, my current machine hasn't gotten any viruses, trojans, or even spywares since the first day it was put into use.

2. You don't need to have an uber-PC to prevent problems.

3. Only a person with little knowledge about hardwares would have a PC that dies quicker than a console.

4. A person who's able to make the right decisions on softwares and hardwares would not complain, and if you still get viruses while having anti-virus softwares, then yes you are a noob for not choosing a better software and/or not knowing how to remove viruses manually.

5. A custom-built PC is always half the price of a branded/packaged PC such as Alienware or Dell, thus making it the cheapest and best option for buying.

6. The best Sony VAIO desktop specced PC can be built for at most $700, and yes laptops can be custom-built too.

7. PC is the most reliable system if you know how to maintain it, as in not taking it back to the manufacturer and have them fix it for you at all.

Couldn't have said it better, you're spot on. My PC is custom built, it was very cheap, its reliable and only up to the last few months where I started experimenting with different software for speed and efficiency purposes (since then i have fixed them all) i didn't have ANY problems NOR viruses.

Its about being wise, RESEARCHING, then using common sense when using your PC or laptop. I still think PC's are more reliable than consoles since they are more accessible to customisation and alteration.

p.s. VAIO severly over-rated, a few months ago i said the same about Alienware..but I was proven wrong :P

NuclearCrap
10-03-2006, 06:21 AM
p.s. VAIO severly over-rated, a few months ago i said the same about Alienware..but I was proven wrong :P

You aren't wrong about Alienwares, since anyone can build a custom-PC with the same specs of an Alienware for half the price, plus you can even get sub-zero cooling devices with the leftovers. VAIOs are worse, they perform as fast as Dells but costs nearly twice as much, although I gotta admit they always have nice designs.

NSXType-R
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
You guys are right about the computers, but I just find consoles just that much more convenient. I'm a lazy guy. :D

The_Canuck
10-03-2006, 06:38 PM
If only it was the same in Australia...

I'm looking at importing a PS3, because 6 months waiting is just irritating.
:rolleyes: Get over it. :D

werty
10-03-2006, 08:18 PM
well crap.

i just got back from my sources at gamestop, and the PS3 will not be reservable at any store in the US at all because of the shortage! Which means they will be much harder to get than the 360 was at its launch.

The only good news about this, is that if i do get my hands on one, i will be able to sell it for ALOT of money!:D

look like ill be sleeping out at best buy again this november:( :p

adrenaline
10-04-2006, 02:40 AM
:rolleyes: Get over it. :D

NEVER!!! :D