PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX5000

coolieman1220
10-07-2006, 12:22 PM
so i needed a new mouse for one of my computers so i decided to buy a whole new package since it seemed cheaper. needing to replace some old stuff, i bought a Logitech MX5000. Bluetooth connectivity wit a lazer mouse and dock. it seems to work really well. has a built in LCD screen. The reviews were bad but i have no problems yet. It tells me my name, date, time, and temperature. along with media info. very cool package.

:Exige:
10-07-2006, 12:47 PM
2. Members are not allowed to make posts without a purpose
Is there any purpose to this thread? :)

(Quickly ... whack a poll in or something! :D:p)

coolieman1220
10-07-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah cause ppl already do post information that has no purpose. if thats the case, let them ban me again.

NuclearCrap
10-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Is there any purpose to this thread? :)

(Quickly ... whack a poll in or something! :D:p)

In that case you're also saying that Cotterik's thread about his new PC is useless.

By the way, nice choice, that package's basically a toned-down, more civilized version of the G15 keyboard and G7 mouse. If you aren't into FPS gaming on your PC then that mouse will serve you well. :)

10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
It tells me my namethat sounds useful!

baddabang
10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I see the point but why put it in website discussioin?

So this thing is bluetooth and has a LCD screen? Doesnt it use alot of batteries?

10-07-2006, 01:25 PM
In that case you're also saying that Cotterik's thread about his new PC is useless.
When did i say it wasn't?

coolieman1220
10-07-2006, 01:57 PM
well it's a regular LCD black and white. i have yet to see a review about keyboard battery life. the mouse is rechargeable. and i havn't even looked into the G series. this package was already pricey as is but i love it

NuclearCrap
10-07-2006, 05:26 PM
When did i say it wasn't?

Don't forget the hybrid chair/skateboard thread too. ;)

well it's a regular LCD black and white. i have yet to see a review about keyboard battery life. the mouse is rechargeable. and i havn't even looked into the G series. this package was already pricey as is but i love it

That's why I would get a wireless mouse but not a wireless keyboard. I've read reviews on this combo saying that the keyboard is a bit unreliable and it lags sometimes, but the mouse it great. :p

F1_Master
10-07-2006, 06:40 PM

By the way, nice choice, that package's basically a toned-down, more civilized version of the G15 keyboard and G7 mouse. If you aren't into FPS gaming on your PC then that mouse will serve you well. :)
Toned down? The G7 Mouse doesn't have a LCD screen and tells me my name, date, and that last time I checked, and last time I did, it was sitting here right in front of me.

NuclearCrap
10-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Toned down? The G7 Mouse doesn't have a LCD screen and tells me my name, date, and that last time I checked, and last time I did, it was sitting here right in front of me.

He was referring to the keyboard, MX5000 is a wireless keyboard with LCD screen plus a MX1000 laser mouse combo, and MX1000 doesn't have anything on the mouse that even indicates sensitivity level and mouse battery like my G7, although they both share the same laser sensor and wireless technologies.

F1_Master
10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Ah, ok.

I see you have the G7 Mouse as well. Got the G15 Keyboard to match it as well?

NuclearCrap
10-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Ah, ok.

I see you have the G7 Mouse as well. Got the G15 Keyboard to match it as well?

Nope, I heard that the G15 keyboard software takes up more resource than expected and many FPS gamers reported the keys being worn out after intense use. My cheap wired Logitech Media is still serving me well after 3 years. :)

Man I do wish they make a mouse with LCD display. :D

10-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Man I do wish they make a mouse with LCD display. :Dgot an old Nokie phone and a Corded mouse and it can be done :D

Got my MX-1000 mouse and rubbish wireless M$ keyboard, works fine, although the keyboard might get replaced with a DiNovo

10-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Don't forget the hybrid chair/skateboard thread too.
Guess what! That was posted before the new rules came in. About a year or so before infact. Oh dear, that kind of ruins your argument.

got an old Nokie phone and a Corded mouse and it can be done

http://www.metku.net/index.html?path=mods/loginoki/index_eng :D

Rockefella
10-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Brits starting trouble again.. what's new?

NuclearCrap
10-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Brits starting trouble again.. what's new?

Well at least the usual Brits, or should I say Brit?

SolidStradale
10-10-2006, 02:42 PM
So has anyone picked up the new G25 racing wheel from logitech?

F1_Master
10-10-2006, 03:00 PM
So has anyone picked up the new G25 racing wheel from logitech?
I don't think it's quite out yet.

SolidStradale
10-10-2006, 05:39 PM
On the site, it says it came out in May, and its available on Amazon for a mere $300 dollars

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2250,CONTENTID=11867
click on online retailers on the top

10-10-2006, 11:52 PM
On the site, it says it came out in May, and its available on Amazon for a mere $300 dollars

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2250,CONTENTID=11867
click on online retailers on the topthats wronhg - it came out a few days ago, and a few people over at the LFS Forum got them (some in the UK, some in the US), seems like they will be with their owners by ~ a week