PDA

View Full Version : PS3 all gone...sold out..zero..zilch ...nada

werty
10-12-2006, 12:25 PM
I can not believe the irony of the situation. Last week on Tuesday I called Gamestop and asked if I could reserve a PS3...they said no... PS3 will not be reservable this year.

Making me believe I was gonna have to sleep at best buy again. Long story short, this tuesday they gave America a surprise and allowed reserves, and all the PS3 reserves were gone in minutes!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Are you freaking kidding me!:mad: Oh man, I am so mad right now!:mad:

Right now on ebay the average bid is $1,850! I still plan to get my hands on one and sell it, rumor is they might have some more reserves hiding out...i'll let you guys know if i hear anything.

the other rumor is the wii reserves will be out tomorrow! not that anyone wants one:p

man 430gt
10-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I can not believe the irony of the situation. Last week on Tuesday I called Gamestop and asked if I could reserve a PS3...they said no... PS3 will not be reservable this year.

Making me believe I was gonna have to sleep at best buy again. Long story short, this tuesday they gave America a surprise and allowed reserves, and all the PS3 reserves were gone in minutes!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Are you freaking kidding me!:mad: Oh man, I am so mad right now!:mad:

Right now on ebay the average bid is $1,850! I still plan to get my hands on one and sell it, rumor is they might have some more reserves hiding out...i'll let you guys know if i hear anything.

the other rumor is the wii reserves will be out tomorrow! not that anyone wants one:p
All in all, LMAO! Good luck in your quest finding one;)

The_Canuck
10-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Yes very ironic, all the Xbox fanboys who thought it wouldn't sell deserve a, HA HA.

man 430gt
10-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes very ironic, all the Xbox fanboys who thought it wouldn't sell deserve a, HA HA.
Who said that;) No seriously who?

strega13
10-12-2006, 12:41 PM
$1850 for a sony game system ? people are absolutely insane to pay even a third of that for something that ( if PS 1 and 2 are any indications ) will be totaly unreliable and bugged .

i'd rather go with wii any time rather than PS3 or xbox360 so far ( son'y reliabilty record for PS1/2 is pathetic and MS seems to be going this way with xbox 360 which is absolutely unacceptable for such exansive systems ) .

The_Canuck
10-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Who said that;) No seriously who?
Don't make me look it up! :D

:Exige:
10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Don't make me look it up! :D
Xbox fanboys never said that. They just moan that the PS3 is taking too long for something that is nowhere near as powerful as they originally said.

It's only selling because there are so many Playstation fanboys, and so few Playstations to go around. In the US the max any store is going to get is 36 PS3s ... the average shop is only getting about 8. No wonder it's sold out ;)

kingofthering
10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
hmmm I might upgrade to PS3 someday, for i am a sony fanboy. PS1 and PS2 for evar!!!!!

The_Canuck
10-12-2006, 01:52 PM
hmmm I might upgrade to PS3 someday, for i am a sony fanboy. PS1 and PS2 for evar!!!!!
Ps1 Was shit...Imo...N64 was better...then Ps2 had better games then Xbox...imo.

Mr.Tiv
10-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Ps1 Was shit...Imo...N64 was better...then Ps2 had better games then Xbox...imo.
N64 was the best. Somehow I have managed to never play a PS2 or Xbox.

kigango123
10-12-2006, 02:32 PM
N64 was the best. Somehow I have managed to never play a PS2 or Xbox.

what!!:eek: , you are missing on a lifetime of opportunity!!

NSXType-R
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
$1850 for a sony game system ? people are absolutely insane to pay even a third of that for something that ( if PS 1 and 2 are any indications ) will be totaly unreliable and bugged .

Actually, one third is exactly how much it should be priced. :D

The_Canuck
10-12-2006, 03:18 PM
something that ( if PS 1 and 2 are any indications ) will be totaly unreliable and bugged .

so far ( son'y reliabilty record for PS1/2 is pathetic Back up your claims and then I'll take you seriously.

Esperante
10-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Even if the PS3 does indeed out perform the Xbox 360 (which it probably will), it's hard to argue that Sony did a better job than Microsoft at managing the product. The PS3 has been delayed countless times, had software and equipment errors, and they haven't built enough of them, and they screwed up in their sales policies....Hopefully Sony won't **** up like this again.

Like it or not, Microsoft has set the bar here, they made a reliable, capable product in decent time in good release and at reasonable prices. Sony is going to be selling PS3s solely on brand loyalty.

NSXType-R
10-12-2006, 04:06 PM
i'd rather go with wii any time rather than PS3 or xbox360 so far ( son'y reliabilty record for PS1/2 is pathetic and MS seems to be going this way with xbox 360 which is absolutely unacceptable for such exansive systems ) .

The games might have had bugs but I don't ever remember getting a bug for a PS2. I had the first generation one since about 2002 and never once has it crashed on me.

kingofthering
10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Ps1 Was shit...Imo....
bs. The PSX still works after 9 years of useage.

F1_Master
10-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Even if the PS3 does indeed out perform the Xbox 360 (which it probably will), it's hard to argue that Sony did a better job than Microsoft at managing the product. The PS3 has been delayed countless times, had software and equipment errors, and they haven't built enough of them, and they screwed up in their sales policies....Hopefully Sony won't **** up like this again.

Like it or not, Microsoft has set the bar here, they made a reliable, capable product in decent time in good release and at reasonable prices. Sony is going to be selling PS3s solely on brand loyalty.
You can't fault Sony for having problems and trying to fix as that is what MS should have done since anyone with a brain knows the X360 was rushed.

You also can't fault them for not building enough. MS had the exact same problem.

Esperante
10-12-2006, 04:27 PM
You can't fault Sony for having problems and trying to fix as that is what MS should have done since anyone with a brain knows the X360 was rushed.

You also can't fault them for not building enough. MS had the exact same problem.
But Microsoft addressed these issues in a timely and efficient matter, as naturally each console will have its problems, and MS has done considerably well in handling them. I highly doubt Sony will do as good a job at getting the product out there at a reasonable cost and still hold attention:it already looks like Sony might be two years behind. The PS3 has been plagued with delays and poor marketing descisions.

baddabang
10-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I got my PS2 when it first came out in the states. With countless hours on GT3, GT4, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Battlefield 2, Area 51, Need For Speed, Black Hawk Down, GTASA, GTAVC, GTA3, and 25 to life I have had no problems, whoever said they were shit is def. a Xbox fan.

EDIT: as for them being sold out, I wish my Aunt still worked for the toy store :D

F1_Master
10-12-2006, 04:43 PM
But Microsoft addressed these issues in a timely and efficient matter, as naturally each console will have its problems, and MS has done considerably well in handling them. I highly doubt Sony will do as good a job at getting the product out there at a reasonable cost and still hold attention:it already looks like Sony might be two years behind. The PS3 has been plagued with delays and poor marketing descisions.
That's because the X360 is out. There is NO evidence that says Sony won't try to do the same thing when the PS3 is out.

Esperante
10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
That's because the X360 is out. There is NO evidence that says Sony won't try to do the same thing when the PS3 is out.
I never said that Sony would absolutely, set in stone do that, I was making a conjecture based upon their previous actions. I certainly didn't say it was a fact and had said that 'I doubt' etc. so please don't twist what I say.

NSXType-R
10-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Most of the delays for the PS3 is probably because they want to get all the bugs out.

F1_Master
10-12-2006, 04:56 PM
You're commending MS for a good job on handling the Xbox 360 yet you think Sony can't do it, or you doubt they can. It's not exactly a fair comparison, esp. after commenting that the PS3 has been plagued with problems and can't sell enough when MS has done the same.

Esperante
10-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't think they will pull it off in such a timely and convinient matter as Microsoft did, but Sony still can change my mind about it. I never said they wouldn't sell enough, I'm saying Microsoft has shown the managerial leadership that Sony has yet to prove (but still can). I have no idea how that's not fair.

F1_Master
10-12-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think they will pull it off in such a timely and convinient matter as Microsoft did, but Sony still can change my mind about it. I never said they wouldn't sell enough, I'm saying Microsoft has shown the managerial leadership that Sony has yet to prove (but still can). I have no idea how that's not fair.
Eh, I guess I'm misreading something then if you put it that way....

Sorry.:o

The_Canuck
10-12-2006, 06:11 PM
bs. The PSX still works after 9 years of useage.
So? it still had crappy games and graphics. :D

Coventrysucks
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I can not believe the irony of the situation.

Neither can I because it is not

ironic

werty
10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
yes it is! the one thing i assumed was non existent (a ps3 reserve) was in fact available, yet i was unable to attain one because of bad timing

Irony: "Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs"

Spastik_Roach
10-12-2006, 08:07 PM

http://www.kenschaefer.com/spyder/pics/StencilUpload/zing.jpg

FutureGearhead
10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
I present this
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php

Rockefella
10-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Wait, so can I pick this up the day of the release or will it be only reserves that will be sold?

NuclearCrap
10-12-2006, 09:40 PM

10 years later you would say the same to PS3 and X360..........it was the best at its time, and if you really think it's crappy then you're one of those who prefer graphics more than gameplay. It was the first and only system that got me hooked even without online play. I miss those good ol' days..... :(

And my bro just showed me a receipt of a PS3 reservation, that bastard kept his secret for 2 days!! :D

Quiggs
10-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Don't count on getting one this year. The Best Buy I work at is the biggest seller in the district and we're only getting 10.

Last I heard they hadn't even started making them, so I don't know if they'll even have 400,000 ready for Nov 17.

adrenaline
10-13-2006, 09:16 AM
They have started making them. I haven't heard much, but is this EVERY USA console, or is there going to be limited shelf stock on top of the pre orders?

VtecMini
10-13-2006, 10:34 AM
F**king jesus... The fact that it's sold out has very little to do with the fact that it's overpriced. Sony are well aware of how many they can expect to sell on day 1 and as a result release a fraction of that amount. This drives up the price and increases demand for that 'I'll buy one and put it on ebay' factor. They've been doing this for years, it's standard sony practice.

Quiggs
10-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Neither of the current gen consoles are overpriced for the amount of technology in them. The PS3 will be sold at cost, meaning the retailers aren't making a dime on them (also means I can't get one at a discount :( ), and Sony is also taking a hit on the initial sale of each console.

Rockefella
10-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Well, I just called the local Best Buy and got some good news. Apparently that Best Buy isn't taking pre-orders at all and are unaware of the number of PS3's they're getting, so it's a first-come, first-serve basis. I think I'm going to drink and pull an all nighter on the 16th of November, then, be the first one in Best Buy that morning. I will proceed with buying the PS3.

NSXType-R
10-13-2006, 03:31 PM
The PS3 will be sold at cost, meaning the retailers aren't making a dime on them (also means I can't get one at a discount :( ), and Sony is also taking a hit on the initial sale of each console.

Microsoft also lost money for every XBox 360 sold.

Back on Rockefella, you must really want that PS3. :p

Are you getting the 20 gig or 60 gig?

kingofthering
10-13-2006, 05:50 PM
but it was good for the 90's. did N64 have Metal Gear Solid? I think not, Mr. Canuck. :D

adrenaline
10-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Did people ever think, the real money is being made on games!

Esperante
10-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Microsoft also lost money for every XBox 360 sold.

VW loses money for every Veyron sold....

ADRENALINE's got it. The real cash is in selling the games for the new consoles, by releasing games on one console they get people to buy the new consoles, as well...so it kind of evens out at one point.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Not true - the Veyron investment has been written off by the VW group, meaning every car sold is making money.

It's a bit of a trick way to do it, but it is working.

Rockefella
10-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Not true - the Veyron investment has been written off by the VW group, meaning every car sold is making money.

How are they producing profits now? Have production costs gone down or something?

IBrake4Rainbows
10-13-2006, 11:55 PM
they wrote off the development, thus the only costs are workers and materials, plus the running of the business.

2ndclasscitizen
10-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Did people ever think, the real money is being made on games!Thinking...forum...:confused:

Quiggs
10-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Don't forget the huge profit margins on accessories. That $30 PS2 component cable you bought? The store paid about $12 for it. And the manufacturer paid way less than that. Probably about $3.

NSXType-R
10-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Did people ever think, the real money is being made on games!

You're right about that. Every new game for the PS2 sold for around $60 to $50. The cost of the game after one year is about 20 bucks as a "classic". Thus, they're making a lot per game. There's no way that the game library won't grow. Thus, they depend on the games.

Cotterik
10-16-2006, 04:28 AM
+1 microsoft vs sony thread

adrenaline
10-17-2006, 02:34 AM

To my knowledge, VW are losing massive amounts on each Veyron. From what I heard, it is only a special venture and was never designed to create profit, instead create some kind of brand awareness (and they certainly did that). Not that Bugatti need awareness with one model. Meh.

clutch-monkey
10-17-2006, 02:35 AM
To my knowledge, VW are losing massive amounts on each Veyron. From what I heard, it is only a special venture and was never designed to create profit, instead create brand awareness (and they certainly did that)
who?
:D

adrenaline
10-17-2006, 02:37 AM
I edited my previous post...I don't really get what I'm trying to say..

IBrake4Rainbows
10-18-2006, 01:14 AM
the Subtlety of his comment is lost on you.

As explained, VW has written off the development costs.