PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Jetta Fahrenheit special edition

IVEgotTHEblues
10-15-2006, 09:28 PM
the 2007 volkswagen jetta fahrenheit special edition gti and GLI. does anyone have any more information?

heres some pics...

more images via carphotosite.com sry for posting only 3 pics, attachments take a long time

pimento
10-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Any difference in specs, or is it just a cosmetic/gadgets thing?

IVEgotTHEblues
10-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I think the yellow trim adds cheapness to the interior imo

bmwpower
10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
I love the colour on the golf..and the interior looks very sharp.

Dantera22B
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
colour straight from the focus St's colour palette. :) i like

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Meh. Special editions already. Normally done when a company's fortunes are flagging... and they need to sell more.

Just my $0.02, but is the GTi the success that VW expected?

kigango123
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
still looks cool. special edition GTI, i wouldn't buy it.

Quiggs
10-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Omfghi2mynextcar.

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Omfghi2mynextcar.
People these days will buy anything.

Lagonda
10-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Lol, it's just a freaking Jetta. Remind me WHY that thing is so popular in the US ?

The_Canuck
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
still looks cool. special edition GTI, i wouldn't buy it.
Its not a Gti...well the golf is...

Mr.Tiv
10-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Lol, it's just a freaking Jetta. Remind me WHY that thing is so popular in the US ?
Because the average american car sucks.

Lagonda
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Fair enough. But it seems to me that the Jetta even has some sort of sporty image.. I mean look at it. Does that look sporty to you ? To me it looks like a traffic light with some chicken wire in front of it.
It's only driven by 65+ y/o people here btw.

Mr.Tiv
10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Fair enough. But it seems to me that the Jetta even has some sort of sporty image.. I mean look at it. Does that look sporty to you ? To me it looks like a traffic light with some chicken wire in front of it.
It's only driven by 65+ y/o people here btw.
You, obviously, don't understand the American car market. Here, for its price and its class, sadly, it is sporty. I mean, over here, your average car is about 8 times the size of some of the stuff you drive in Europe, and not a lot of the domestic cars handle well. Of course you have your exceptions, the corvette for instance, but who are they kidding it is by no means affordable. Americans are good at making large fast cars, the Jetta is one of the options those of us who don't want large, and don't demand fast, take. I would not buy one, but a lot of people do. It seems to be women who are buying, or, at least, driving most of the ones I see. I'd rather a used Rx8, even it is ugly, it's better looking than the Jetta and it is a far better performer.

LandQuail
10-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Well put Tiv. Volkswagen is recovering from the dreadful reliability problems of the 90's, but the stigma still stands.
And they do cost a fortune to manitain, compared to the understressed, pushrod engines we're used to (Cavalier, anyone?)

The Farenhiet edition doesn't get my pulse racing. What happened to the really bad-ass special editions VW used to unleash on the unsuspecting world, like the Bon Jovi edition Golf I spied while visiting Germany?

They'll probably come out with a VW Jetta Brokeback edition here in the states...

Quiggs
10-17-2006, 09:33 AM
People these days will buy anything.
I wanted a GTI before these came out, and I really wanted it to be some outrageous color. Besides, everyone knows yellow is faster than red or black.

cmcpokey
10-17-2006, 02:04 PM
americans like cars to be larger. whether it is so they are not invisible to large trucks, or whatever, i am not really sure. people aske me every day how i live without a trunk, and i say my seats fold down. i dont think thats an acceptable answer for most americans. they cant put their stuff in the same space as they occupy. unless its a minivan that they can put it a long ways away from them. i dont think the average american has much of a problem with a golf, they would just rather have one with a trunk. hench you get the jetta/bora

Mr.Tiv
10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
They'll probably come out with a VW Jetta Brokeback edition here in the states... I wouldn't put it past them.

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I wanted a GTI before these came out, and I really wanted it to be some outrageous color. Besides, everyone knows yellow is faster than red or black.
Pfft. White looks the best, methinks. Red is everywhere, black is cliché, white is just... nice :)

LandQuail
10-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Some magazine called the new GTI the first car in years that looks good in white... I hate white sportscars; they look so... arrogant somehow, but I love the Golf GTi in white.

Also, one of my friends says there's to be no more Golf in America. They're all Rabbits now. This can't be true, can it?

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Some magazine called the new GTI the first car in years that looks good in white... I hate white sportscars; they look so... arrogant somehow, but I love the Golf GTi in white.

Also, one of my friends says there's to be no more Golf in America. They're all Rabbits now. This can't be true, can it?
Haha, white = etihw backwards :D

And yes- I think they're all becoming Rabbits. You'll get a CEI, though. Carrot-Eating Injection. And you'll wake up in the morning to find a litter of baby ones on your driveway if you have two sleeping next to each other.

Gtek-i
10-19-2006, 11:10 PM
the yellow GLI is just nasty. The GTi in orangy is ok.

LandQuail
10-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Golf was a stupid name, come to think of it. At least the rabbit has an absolutely adorable little emblem.

I drove an 84 Rabbit GTi the other day, and loved the little thing. The engine looked like something from a tractor and sounded like a bumble bee, but the car really had a lot of charm.

IVEgotTHEblues
10-21-2006, 06:06 PM
i was just researching the golf a few months ago and there was absolutely no notice why i couldn't find the golf model on the u.s. VW website, until i googled and discovered that it was called rabbit.

but anyways, after looking more hypnotically at those gti interiors, i kinda like a spray of yellow on my jetta's.