PDA

View Full Version : Just got ticketed

brandisher
10-19-2006, 12:53 AM
This Blows!! :mad: I got my first ticket today because I was speeding 9 over the limit!! The road I was going on before I made a right turn was 40mph then I made a turn to go drop off my friend and was clocked going 34mph and I didn't know it was a 25mph road and now I have to go to traffic school.:( Do you guys know any loopholes to get out of this??

Edit: Does traffic school clear my points if I only have this one ticket? (35 pts on record for this ticket)
Will my insurance go up if I take traffic school?

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-19-2006, 03:14 AM
Well, if you think about it, that's quite a lot. 9mph over is nearly 10mph over, and if you add a zero to that then you get 100mph...

Tickets are a fact of life. Put simply- don't go over the limit unless you know the area well and where the speed traps are. Maybe you'll learn from this?!

6'bore
10-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Do you guys know any loopholes to get out of this??

Kill yourself

Matt
10-19-2006, 05:35 AM
This Blows!! :mad: I got my first ticket today because I was speeding 9 over the limit!! The road I was going on before I made a right turn was 40mph then I made a turn to go drop off my friend and was clocked going 34mph and I didn't know it was a 25mph road and now I have to go to traffic school.:( Do you guys know any loopholes to get out of this??

Edit: Does traffic school clear my points if I only have this one ticket? (35 pts on record for this ticket)
Will my insurance go up if I take traffic school?

Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. It matters not one little bit whether you knew the speed limit or not. There is no loophole. Pay the ticket, go to traffic school and move on with your life like everyone else in the world does.

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-19-2006, 06:19 AM
+...

You should use your judgement to realise that there may be a low speed limit. If there are a lot of houses and/or schools nearby then you can expect a low limit.

Quiggs
10-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Plead not guilty and go to court.

Best case, he doesn't show up, charges are dropped.
Worst case, he shows up. Talk to him and the prosecutor beforehand. Get it reduced.

gtface
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
In Arizona and Texas, your insurance doesn't go up if you take defensive driving. The ticket doesn't go on your record. I don't know if it's any different in Utah. Get a valentine one (radar detector) and this won't happen again.

Viper007
10-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Kill yourself

Well that wouldn't be a good solution now would it. I would say just take it, cops love school zones so never ever speed in them. Everyday after highschool we would have 3-4 of them just sitting and waiting it was awful.