PDA

View Full Version : Spied: FPV Force 6, Force 8.

adrenaline
10-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Fresh from the Aussie Ford Forums, thanks to member "Barthez". Here's what he had to say:

ok today when just going for a drive to the shops i spotted a few F6 typhoons and tornados so i decided id follow to see wat the go was......once i caught up to them i spotted what i thought to be a fairmont ghia with a GT kit...upon closer inspection i saw the FORCE8 badge...i kept following and they pulled up to a carpark and stopped so i went round the corner and pulled in to another spot....walked back and watched for a while then spotted about 3 more cars that lookd similar, however one didnt have the bonnet bulge...i waited until all the drivers went inside the restaurant for what i guess was a conference to discuss the models or something.....took a few shots...was gonna get more but camera died....there was a force 8 and a force 6 with red leather interior and another two with black leather.....also has chrome mirrors...can all be seen in the pics though!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/barthez/Picture010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/barthez/Picture006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/barthez/Picture005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/barthez/Picture004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/barthez/Picture003.jpg

It was also mentioned that the location is wollongong! (Down the coast from Sydney) That's a long way from Victoria.

Notice the lip on the bootlid, chrome mirrors, chome fog light surrounds, different combinations of shiny and black mesh around the front. This practically confirms there won't be any major styling changes to the rest of the range.

There also appears to be a BFII Typhoon, sporting darkened fog light surrounds.

CdocZ
10-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Quiiiite cool. Too bad I'll never be able to own one or a future version, and only if I'm REALLY lucky, see one?

SlickHolden
10-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I got too say it:D Them mirrors are on ebay:p Been there for some time.
The Phoon will look better with darker surrounds on the fogs it was a little shitty with a yellow one it stood out a little funny.
My brother will be happy the tail lights seem differnt a touch.

It might be just me is the bonnet buldge closer too the front?

adrenaline
10-25-2006, 09:16 AM
The bulge does look to be more toward the front grille. But upon closer inspection it does sit the same as the BF XR8, maybe it's just the light reflection...

SlickHolden
10-25-2006, 09:18 AM
I always thought the bulge was differnt from XR's too FPV's? Maybe not.

coolieman1220
10-25-2006, 01:51 PM
why not in america? not that i'd buy one here either

Blue Supra
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
americans arent cool enough to drive our cars :p

these look interesting, are they sposed to replace the GT and phoon and stuff?

acfsambo
10-25-2006, 03:12 PM
My guess is it is going to be a perfromance fairmont or somthin like that

carsnut
10-25-2006, 05:15 PM

it would make the mustang look small;) , though i wish they sold these in the us

fpv_gtho
10-25-2006, 07:39 PM

Competitor for the Senator pretty much. For now they're just a toned down GT/F6, probably with softer suspension as well. For 2008 they might be in a better position to differentiate them more.

I actually rather their looks to the GT and F6.

Monty_Burns
10-25-2006, 09:31 PM
I wouldnt actually buy a GT or an F6 even if I did have the money - the wings and stripes are just a bit much for me - these I think look great. More understated.....same great performance, more luxury, more comfy. Some more kW would've been nice though...

One thing - if theyre going to have the Force model - whats the point of the GT-P????

fpv_gtho
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
The GT-P is an optioned up GT. The Force models i think have softer suspension, more leather, toned down lookes etc.

Monty_Burns
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I reckon the Force 8 is just a GT-P minus the wing/stripes. They should've either got rid of the GT-P, or added a "delete wing" option IMO.

Blitz_
10-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Not entirely pleased there arent any really noticeable exterior changes, although, saying that, the Force 6 and 8 are allright, im wondering what will be under the bonnet though, in terms of power, as well as suspension set up. For a Senator competitor it looks pretty good, but shares perhaps a little TOO much with the GT (front kit, rear bottom bumper ) it wouldn't have been out of FPV's way to at least design a different kit, im thinking people in the street will go - "hey theres a Fairmont with a GT kit, oh wait its a Force 8". FPV should differentiate models more, both from the Ford stables and thier own models.

adrenaline
10-25-2006, 11:21 PM
We don't know what FPV have done with them yet, so let's reserve opinions until they are actually unveiled.

adrenaline
10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
They are on the website now...

http://www.fpv.com.au/media/29998/force_full06.jpg

http://www.fpv.com.au/media/29311/force_full03.jpg

adrenaline
10-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Ford Performance Vehicles introduce brute force, understated. The latest additions to the FPV range of high performance machines - the Force 6 and Force 8 luxury saloons. Both models are striking high performance cars with immense power, unique styling cues and fine luxury appointments.

The Force 6 is powered by the same engine as the F6 Typhoon - a turbo charged 24 valve six with an amazing 550 Nm of torque.

The Force 8 moves you with a 32 valve quad cam Boss V8, an engine comparable to Europe's best. The Force 8 is further enhanced with a unique FPV dual exhaust system and Boss V8 bonnet design.

Both offer the technologically advanced ZF 6 speed automatic transmission - a German gearbox design used by BMW and Aston Martin. This is an automatic that tailors its performance to your individual driving style, while shifting you, effortlessly.

So yeah, Senator killers. They look better than the VE Senator too.

adrenaline
10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
http://www.fpv.com.au/media/29319/force_full05.jpg

http://www.fpv.com.au/media/30014/force_full08.jpg

TVR IS KING
10-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Love the look of the sedate little spoiler. Changes the attitude of the entire car, from sporty into high luxury.

nota
10-26-2006, 12:07 AM
I reckon the Force 8 is just a GT-P minus the wing/stripes. They should've either got rid of the GT-P, or added a "delete wing" option IMO.
Or even a 'delete plastic' option? :p

I agree, that wing might appeal to the 20-35 y/o bracket but is too over-the-top for many in the age demographic that can actually afford the car

Personally I reckon this mature new stealth look is a lot more on the money, instead of before when FPV buyers had liitle option but to parade around in an attention-seeking mobile beacon that screams "yoo hoo here I am officer, pull me over" every time you venture out into police-land

2ndclasscitizen
10-26-2006, 12:21 AM
They couldn't design new bumpers? The serious just look like a GT or F6 minus a spoiler. At least the Senator has new bumpers, however wrong looking.

Revolution
10-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Or even just new wheel designs? From what I can see in those pics they're rolling on the same 19s as the GT and Typhoon.

Blitz_
10-26-2006, 01:50 AM
My point exactly, they could have made the disinction much further between the Force models and the Hi-po GT's and 'Phoons, a new set of rims and a new bumpers would have gone a treat, but nooo...

SlickHolden
10-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Hands up, Who said they didn't like the coloured seats in the SSV and HSV's:p

Best thing they did was remove the rear wings, They look so much better and it's a shock.

Today when out i seen a Red VYII SS with no wing bloody big difference.
It's starting too become the thing now a days minus the wing, I also will have no rear wing with my body kit. If i get it:p

Blitz_
10-26-2006, 04:48 AM
lolol yer i think i can put my hand up

honestly though, im severly dissapointed with FPV this time, they had the oppurtunity to do something good to differentiate more and be a REAL senator competitor, now its just a tart GT without the rear wing, no thanx

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 04:55 AM
Alot of people have been dissapointed with the lack of differentiation. Really guys, what did you expect? FPV cant be expected to match the differentiation of the VE HSV's which are a WHOLE NEW BLOODY RANGE. When the F6 was first released with the BA2, it had the GT's bodykit. It was only BF when it recieved a MINORLY different bodykit.

Apparently the suspension will be softer than the GT and F6 to go with the cruiser image as well. If so it'd be somewhere between the XR's and Fairmont Ghia.

Blitz_
10-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Its not just the VE's, the VY's, VZ's Senator to Clubsport had alot of differentiation as well, kit, interior, rims, you name it. If FPV were going for a luxury sport combo, imho, they havent pulled it off, HSV have been able to differentiate models well in the past (not to everyones taste ;)), and this is probably something FPV could learn from.

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 05:04 AM
Not really. From memory the most groundbreaking thing on the Senator used to be the body coloured bumper highlights rather than the silver highlights on the Clubby and GTS. HSV have a long record actually of sharing bodykits across the range.

Blitz_
10-26-2006, 05:10 AM
Looking back on the VY's and VZ HSV's now, they did differentiate them much more than FPV have done now (front, rear kit, side skirt, interior to name yet the exterior changes from Clubsport to Senator), and that was oh so how many months / years ago. You would be hard pointing out a force car if you didnt see the rear end with the bootlid spoiler, whereas im pretty sure I could easily pick out a Clubsport from a senator quite easily

acfsambo
10-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Its weird but the Force 6 starts at $71 550 and the Force 8 starts at $71 950, only a $400 difference. If i am correct they will most likely sell more 8's than 6's.

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 06:17 AM
IMO they don't need too much differentiation. FPV has a good look going on, I wouldn't want to see it changed so soon. The Force series looks good the way they are.

Also, I read in a recent interview with the FPV boss that they are already looking at engineering Orion. He said when 2008 comes, "it's a whole new ball game". I'm looking forward to 2008 (and 2007, where we have fun with spy shots :D)

whiteballz
10-26-2006, 06:18 AM
fuel efficiency comes into it too. 6's may upset the 8's.

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 06:35 AM
IMO they don't need too much differentiation. FPV has a good look going on, I wouldn't want to see it changed so soon. The Force series looks good the way they are.

Also, I read in a recent interview with the FPV boss that they are already looking at engineering Orion. He said when 2008 comes, "it's a whole new ball game". I'm looking forward to 2008 (and 2007, where we have fun with spy shots :D)

I dont think its been 100% down to choice that theyre so close to the rest of the range. You said that FPV were already working on Orion, which ive heard they plan to launch pretty close to the normal Ford range like HSV have done with VE. I also wouldnt be surprised to see HSV working with a much larger development budget than FPV given their much larger history, wider range and market position.

Blitz_
10-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Oh im sure a new designed grille or bumper wouldn't explode budgets seeing as the rear is a fairmont go ;)

Personally, differentiation is a key factor, my old man is in his early 60's and his mate was here, mid 50's and also my mates old man (tricky?) around 45, all of which noted they would opt for the GT because the Force series seemed "too much like the GT's and a lawn bowlers daily tourer"

syko
10-26-2006, 07:58 AM
a lawn bowlers daily tourer

lol how many lawn bowlers drive 270 kw or 290kw cars
most would be in camrys or accords

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 08:08 AM
"too much like the GT's and a lawn bowlers daily tourer"

lawn bowlers are getting tough :D

I also wouldnt be surprised to see HSV working with a much larger development budget than FPV given their much larger history, wider range and market position.

Not too much I would think...although it would have definately spiked around VE development.

I think that the lack of upgrades may come down to profit. The segment doesn't sell truckloads of cars, and I don't know how much they make ($) per vehicle, but maybe they are just trying to boost profit? I mean the current BF is doing fantastic in the marketplace, so why bother spending on an upgrade? (Well, there is the fact that their competitor just launched an all new model :D)

syko
10-26-2006, 08:22 AM
I mean the current BF is doing fantastic in the marketplace

Is it? In a falling segment, not so sure about that. Overall sales are apprarently down about 5% on last year.

nota
10-26-2006, 08:23 AM
.. the Force 6 starts at $71 550 and the Force 8 starts at $71 950
Egads! :eek:

So Force 6cyl is over thirty four thousand dollars more than Fairmont Ghia?!?! And a not inconsiderable $37k (ie an additional 75% extra!) over and above the XR6 Turbo .. for an additional 32hp

Yes even $71k is a fraction of what you'd pay for a power/size equivalent European .. but gee that's a big FPV markup over Ford's core-spec vehicles

nota
10-26-2006, 08:27 AM
I mean the current BF is doing fantastic in the marketplace, so why bother spending on an upgrade?
Having to reducing staff and cut plant output isn't doing too fantastic ..

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Is it? In a falling segment, not so sure about that. Overall sales are apprarently down about 5% on last year.

A falling segment would be an external dis-economy of scale I think... (super cool economics term...) They can still do fantastic in a falling segment, because their competition has that problem as well. It's about market share. And they have quite a bit. (And only a 5% drop is pretty good when you compare that to the drop in Falcon sales)

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Having to reducing staff and cut plant output isn't doing too fantastic ..

I was referring to the FPV BF range. As far as I know, they haven't cut any staff.

nota
10-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Ahh fair enough :)

FPV have enjoyed solid growth, but I wonder what lies ahead, considering VE prices, and predictions of $80 per-barrel oil prices by Xmas

syko
10-26-2006, 08:40 AM
predictions of $80 per-barrel oil prices by Xmas

I thing the key word there is predictions, it may or maynot happen considering the recent drop in petrol price.

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
I think the people that tend to buy what is essentially a $60,000+ Falcon don't really seem scared by petrol (Only 5% in lost sales so far is a testament to this).

syko
10-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Only 5% in lost sales so far is a testament to this

Thats 5% of total falcon sales not just fpv sales.

nota
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Thats 5% of total falcon sales not just fpv sales.
As seen previously, Ford isn't too optimistic of future sales

NEW job losses are likely across the nation's besieged automotive parts industry after Ford Australia unveiled plans to cut new car production by 20 per cent.
Ford also warned of job losses from its 5000-strong workforce after blaming declining sales for the decision to cuts its daily new car production from 450 to 360 from November 20.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,20595494-21822,00.html

syko
10-26-2006, 10:04 AM
As seen previously, Ford isn't too optimistic of future sale

With a little luck and hope its a Temporary drop in production until the orion.

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Adrenaline, from abouty the XR6 and Fairmont above Ford make pretty large profit margins. The big risk really is on the XT as they slash away there to get fleets into them. Nota pointed it out brilliantly that for almost 150% the price of the donor car, you dont get 50% extra equipment, although the price/equipment factor isnt linear in any area of the market.

FPV have had increased sales however as large car sales have dived. Theyre not really at any risk there from market factors, more from an increased interest from HSV and the E series.

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow I thought that someone said FPV sales were down 5%..? (And I thought Falcon sales were down way more than 5%)

I assumed Ford made some pretty decent profit on the upper spec models. Seeing the BFII XT (And Futura?) actually increase in price whilst the others dropped says something...

I think the new, somewhat sedated look of the E series will scare people off. HSV is lacking in design talent. Their new designs are just an amazingly pitiful attempt. FPV makes an older product look better.

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 10:09 PM
They may still be down 5%, but i wouldnt complain about that when theyve increased pretty handsomely since their introduction, whilst every year it seems Falcon sales drop 20-25%

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 10:11 PM
With a little luck and hope its a Temporary drop in production until the orion.

Assuming petrol prices are below $2.00 in 2008 :D

Ford are so lucky in terms of Orion development. The VE has really launched into a shit storm with petrol prices, on top of being designed without economy in mind. Ford has until 2008 to suit the Falcon to current market conditions. AND they are spending less.

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 10:13 PM
They may still be down 5%, but i wouldnt complain about that when theyve increased pretty handsomely since their introduction, whilst every year it seems Falcon sales drop 20-25%

IIRC Large car sales have been declining for the past 5+ years?

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I'd say since about 2003, although its hard to tell with the Falcon as the BA did make pretty good initial gains over what the AU had sold in 2001-2002.

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Isn't it true that even with the BA upgrade it only outsold the Commodore (in overall sales) for one month?

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 10:27 PM
In overall sales there were a couple of months, but sedans/wagons was only 1 month.

adrenaline
10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Carsguide just did a story about the new Force FPVs. They start by not even showing a picture of the new Force models, rather they show a BFII Typhoon. And then they crap on about an upcoming FPV Territory. They took select bits and peices out of an interview with FPV boss to make it seem like it is coming soon, leaving out the fact that he said in the same interview that there won't be an FPV Territory until the next generation, after 2008.

fpv_gtho
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Sounds like typical carsguide, the headline doesnt match the opening sentence....

Let me guess, they also mentioned something about fuel prices?

SlickHolden
10-27-2006, 01:59 AM
LOL told my brother today about the Force cars he went off tap.
Remember me saying he wanted the Typhoon engine with kit no wing and ghia interior he's going off, He said everyone is starting too copy me now:p.
He had his BA lowered super super lows on the back and super lows front. Being a ex cop car when they got it on the hoist they expected too see the sporty springs? Different shocks but factory springs the guy doing his car said they removed them you can tell these springs aren't 10,000km let alone 65000km. He said amazing what it's done too the look of it. And it's handling is very sharp he said. But he wants the Force6:p.

Blitz_
10-27-2006, 02:12 AM
LOL told my brother today about the Force cars he went off tap.
Remember me saying he wanted the Typhoon engine with kit no wing and ghia interior he's going off, He said everyone is starting too copy me now:p.
He had his BA lowered super super lows on the back and super lows front. Being a ex cop car when they got it on the hoist they expected too see the sporty springs? Different shocks but factory springs the guy doing his car said they removed them you can tell these springs aren't 10,000km let alone 65000km. He said amazing what it's done too the look of it. And it's handling is very sharp he said. But he wants the Force6:p.

As you mentioned in a another thread, someones watching you hahaha, ford, toyota, you seem to be influencing them ;)

SlickHolden
10-27-2006, 03:05 AM
As you mentioned in a another thread, someones watching you hahaha, ford, toyota, you seem to be influencing them ;)
They could hire me:D:D 3 things in 30 years i got right hahahaha