PDA

View Full Version : HSV E-Series Clubsport R8

WyleECoyote
10-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Saw these down at the local HSV Dealer. Quality ain't that great as bit of an older digital camera.

1600 x 1200

Monty_Burns
10-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Dont really like what theyve done with it.....the VE SS looks great, but these HSV versions are overdone....dont much like the wheels.....they totally messed up the foglamp surrounds, the badging looks cheap, the tail-lights look odd, and the front lower air-dam is a straight copy of the current FPV GT.

But it's obviously got a great engine/chassis which makes up for it, i'spose.

Street_Dreamer
10-27-2006, 03:07 AM
love the front of that car, the rear lights are way too tiny tho. :-\

adrenaline
10-27-2006, 06:48 AM
They really are an amazing car. Regardless of how the kit looks, that much power for the price (and the fact that it can turn corners) is the ultimate in bang for your buck.

Blitz_
10-27-2006, 07:18 AM
Personally, FPV have some work to do, no doubt the Orion models will be fantastic, but seeing the SS-V beat the GT made me ponder a bit, not THAT suprising but yeah, I can see were the journo was heading. On the topic of the Clubbie and the GTS, great looking car from a front, and 3/4 profile but the rear isn't that hot, although that rear bottom bumper design (427 concept?) is hot hot hot lol

edit: interior is still behind compared to the euro's imo, just the selection of material and the overall design makes me want to buy an Audi or Beemer instead *

* if i had the moolah :D hahahhaha

adrenaline
10-27-2006, 07:21 AM
FPV can't get anything more out of the BOSS engine for now. I wonder what they will use in the Orion models?