PDA

View Full Version : Civic street drifter

MRDETROITMETAL
10-31-2006, 01:30 AM
http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/1592/civicstreet800qw4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Blitz_
10-31-2006, 06:13 AM
why is there smoke all around the car when none of the wheels are moving?

Its allrite, although there are badly selected parts and it is one fugly looking automobile

Gtek-i
10-31-2006, 07:56 AM
not bad, but kinda messed up the front

Coventrysucks
10-31-2006, 08:02 AM
why is there smoke all around the car when none of the wheels are moving?

Judging by the amount of motion blur, the driver is having some sort of crash.

Which might explain why the front of the car looks a little wonky ;)

MRDETROITMETAL
10-31-2006, 10:40 PM
it is a drift car...!:D

BIGWORM_25
10-31-2006, 10:51 PM
it is a drift car...!:D

First off why the hell would you choose a f/f car to do a "drift" chop?
second Ive NEVER seen a car drifting with FOUR wheels NOT spinning unless they are bracing with a meeting with a wall hence the tire smoke.
Finally...BLURRY as with most of your chops.I know you say its because its art ...and you use a different program and....and...and...Get Photoshop use it and consider the community and the environment that you are posting in BEFORE posting.

Rockefella
10-31-2006, 11:01 PM
First off why the hell would you choose a f/f car to do a "drift" chop?
second Ive NEVER seen a car drifting with FOUR wheels NOT spinning unless they are bracing with a meeting with a wall hence the tire smoke.
Finally...BLURRY as with most of your chops.I know you say its because its art ...and you use a different program and....and...and...Get Photoshop use it and consider the community and the environment that you are posting in BEFORE posting.
Kind of harsh.

BIGWORM_25
10-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Kind of harsh.

Im sorry if it seems so.Ive seen plenty of members on here (as well as a few other ones of which he was banned on) try to give him constructive criticism (sp) and he simply either will not or can not use it.I dont know him personally and its not a personal thing.Im just taking into consideration that most people on here are used to seeing all kinds of cars and all kinds of chops and someone that supposedly does artistic things for a living would be more understanding of the environment they are posting their work in.BUT if it is deemed too harsh PLEASE remove it .I like this forum and I dont want to get banned or anything.

Rockefella
10-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Im sorry if it seems so.Ive seen plenty of members on here (as well as a few other ones of which he was banned on) try to give him constructive criticism (sp) and he simply either will not or can not use it.I dont know him personally and its not a personal thing.Im just taking into consideration that most people on here are used to seeing all kinds of cars and all kinds of chops and someone that supposedly does artistic things for a living would be more understanding of the environment they are posting their work in.BUT if it is deemed too harsh PLEASE remove it .I like this forum and I dont want to get banned or anything.
I understand, but.. you have to appreciate that he takes time in doing these chops for his own pleasure or other personal reasons. To blast his work with negativity isn't the best way to go about providing constructive criticism. :)

And, don't worry, you won't be banned. It would take something a good deal worse, like saying New Jersey sucks. That line often/always results in a perma-ban.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-01-2006, 02:00 AM
AH...Well I have heard it ALL before, & this is what I like to do...not wanting to be doing "chops" like everybody else, ...not that I have anything against it or cant do it ...

just that these style of pictures are going for more of the "feel" of the subject than just a modification, granted I dont always get it right on...BUT, sometimes I do !!!

THX to all.

(it is amazing tho to me that I can get banned from sites for my work...and that it evokes such strong statement sometimes ...shows that prejudice still prevails in some circles ....and tolerence of the different stroke is still at a premium, unfortunately.)

..Oh & BTW ...it is real easy to do a drift with a FWD car too !....thing called a hand brake...
pull it UP !..slam the right foot DOWN....lots'a SMOKE going sideways @!!!!
the idea of this picture is more of a "stop action" shot ,
I make an effort to capture what a camera cannot, ,,,
more vision & depth of field as if you were standing at the point of perspective.
this picture is not actually "bluury"...it is that the FOCUS is straight through the middle,
if you really look there, as you would if standing at that position, you would see all the way to the back of the car is very clear, as you go out to the perifereal vision it distorts, more the way we actually see things in life, ...not 100% focus as a camera MAY be adjusted to capture.

..& can't say I EVER been to New Jersey....so I guess I can't get banned here...LOL !

Blitz_
11-01-2006, 06:49 AM
...the wheels, wether front or back are not moving at all, immediately forgoing the realism or anyones perception of realism for that matter.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-03-2006, 01:55 PM
...the wheels, wether front or back are not moving at all, immediately forgoing the realism or anyones perception of realism for that matter.

actually...to DRIFT a FWD car ya gotta pull the handbrake, that locks the back wheels up ...no motion there, ...AN THAT'S AS ya gass the hell outta it and flick it into a turn & lock the fronts (again NO rotation)...and NOW you go sideways a bit THEN your slam'in back on it before ya lose it totally....

back in the day we called this (stupid) a...

uh, ...controlled skid.....LOL !...for a moment there tho...

...the wheels DONT MOVE...cept sideways !!!...:eek:

:) (CAUTION : DONT TRY THIS AT HOME !!!):p

Mr. Jinx
11-03-2006, 04:33 PM
For the love of god, change or get rid of your ugly, ugly logo.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
LOL....Jinx....I'll think about it !