PDA

View Full Version : Best Street Performance Tire

Turbo_Fumes
04-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Well I decided to post a poll about the best street performance tire taking in consideration driving in dry or wet conditions.

1. FALKEN FK451
2. TOYO PROXES T1S
3. BRIDGESTONE POTENZA SO-3
4. VENTUS K104
5. NITTO NT-555 Extreme ZR

fpv_gtho
04-06-2004, 06:37 AM
out of those 5 i dont think i could pick one as i either dont know enough about them or think theres better tyres out there. for one i think the Bridgestone S0-2's are better, as are the Dunlop SP Sport 9000's and you cant go past a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (the tyres on the M3 CSL)

Matra et Alpine
04-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Well I decided to post a poll about the best street performance tire taking in consideration driving in dry or wet conditions.

What country ?

Tyres are subtly different compounds for different countries/continents :)

Turbo_Fumes
04-06-2004, 11:53 AM
What country ?

Tyres are subtly different compounds for different countries/continents :)

I forgot to mention sorry, this are the names in the USA. And those are the best sellers.......

Thanks for posting...

GT500
04-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Pirelli. Any Pirelli. ;)

racerx
04-06-2004, 06:25 PM
The Michelin Pilot Sport line of tires is the best right now. For ultimate dry-only (literally not even a drop of rain) driving I think the Pilot Sport Cup is the best tire.

Matra et Alpine
04-07-2004, 04:39 AM
The Michelin Pilot Sport line of tires is the best right now. For ultimate dry-only (literally not even a drop of rain) driving I think the Pilot Sport Cup is the best tire.
We've had this discussion elsewhere in UCP.

car configuration matters - FWD, RWD, AWD, front/mid/rear engine.
Corner weights, front/rear balance and vehicle weight matter too.
Driving style also !!

In the UK on an Alpine A610 ( rear-engine, RWD ) the S-03 is well ahead of the alternatives for fast road, track and sprint/hillclimb.