PDA

View Full Version : Well thats one GT500 that will not need killing by a Z06

Viper007
11-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Well I think he gets the "milk was a bad choice" award for the week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ZT5mQLy5C4

Street_Dreamer
11-03-2006, 10:01 AM
oh...my...god, i'd be so p*ssed off if that happened to me

baddabang
11-03-2006, 10:06 AM
ROFLCOPTER

Why didn't he just hit the brakes? Oh wait hes 14......

11-03-2006, 10:08 AM
just seen a several page thread on this on another Forum

Anyway, i am 15, and can drive a Manual, why? because my Dad took me to an abondoned Airfeild with an old VW Golf to teach me. The first 5 times i stalled, like everyone does, then i got the knack of it and haven't stalled since (...well, i did leave it in gear, put the handbrake on and start it once ). There is no way that the kid would be able to move the car forward on his first time, and perhaps he though you needed alot of the throttle to get it moving, how would he know?

The father knows the kid doesn't have any experience, and that that car has a LOT of power, he is stupid for letting the kid drive it, if he can drive a manual, im sure he stalled it a few times, too. Letting him in that car is a stupid idea in such a confined space, and although the kid probably shouldn't of said he can drive a manual, he will because his dad has a nice new car HE want's to drive. He understands about slipping the clutch out, but, because of lack of practice he WILL cock it up.

baddabang
11-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I just noticed that the papers were still in the window. I wonder if he had time to get insurance for it. If it was delivered of course.

rev440
11-03-2006, 10:22 AM
It was a regular GT that was modded those are FR500's on the car not GT500 rims.

ScionDriver
11-03-2006, 11:19 AM
That was not a smart move. Start your kid on something cheap and in a much more open space.

lightweight
11-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Well the kid didn't try to start the car.

He just turned on the engine and the car was on first gear. A small displacement engine would stall. But the GT500 engine starts pumping fuel in order NOT to stall.

The same thing happens with the Carrera GT. Because the flywheel was so light, the car stalled all the time. So, the journalists were told to just put it in first gear without applying acceleration. The car did the rest on its own.

johnnynumfiv
11-03-2006, 11:29 AM
It's not a GT500 tho. Where did you read the thing about the fuel?
How can you say he didn't try to start the car? He dropped the clutch and hit the gas. If it started in gear, the starter motor would have made the car move.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/e0/a3/03_3.JPG
Thats what the window sticker would look like if it were a GT500.

Bob
11-03-2006, 11:38 AM
yes a car like that should have a system where the starter won't turn unless the clutch is depressed. My 91 camaro has it and it prevents stupid people from starting the torquey V8 in gear.
Jakg, you don't understand, an engine like that can start in gear and will take off just like that, that was most likely a start from idle with no clutch. Very different from a 4 cyl vw. That v8 makes so much torque that the problem isn't stalling, its not breaking lose the tires every time you accel.

IWantAnAudiRS6
11-03-2006, 11:40 AM
What a retard. Honestly.

At least the car wasn't damaged... but still a heroic act of stupidity!

I would never let my kid behind the wheel of my car if it was a) in a confined area and b) over 1.4 in engine size!

Bob
11-03-2006, 11:41 AM
It's not a GT500 tho. Where did you read the thing about the fuel?
How can you say he didn't try to start the car? He dropped the clutch and hit the gas. If it started in gear, the starter motor would have made the car move.

Possibly the handbrake was on when he started it so that the car didn't move until the engine turned over? Then the engine would pump fuel in order not to stall and accelerate like that.

NSXType-R
11-03-2006, 01:57 PM
That sucks. My cousin started a car in reverse and backed into a neighbor's garage the same way... in a 4 cylinder '86 Accord. :D

Don't ask me how, but they're lucky the garage door was there and that's the only thing that they needed to fix.

11-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Jakg, you don't understand, an engine like that can start in gear and will take off just like that, that was most likely a start from idle with no clutch. Very different from a 4 cyl vw. That v8 makes so much torque that the problem isn't stalling, its not breaking lose the tires every time you accel.i probably am wrong, but if that's the case then even more the dads fault - if he knew that would happen, or the sheer power it has, then he should know he cannot trust someone who has little (or more likely no) driving experience to drive it

Lagonda
11-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Thank god for those American houses made out of paper. The car seems to be somewhat ok..

RazaBlade
11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
so i didnt know about this, with these high-bhp cars, if you start in gear, itll feed itself petrol to stop from stalling - hence it driving itself into the house? is that to make it easier to drive from start - ie wont be wheelspinning it all the time?

Mr.Tiv
11-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Oh my god. Thank you for posting that, shitty days can always be made better by laughing at someone's overwhelming stupidity.

Egg Nog
11-03-2006, 03:07 PM
I'll bet he's never going to do that again.

Or get the chance to.

Timothy (in VA)
11-03-2006, 03:09 PM
It looks to me that he hit the accelerator instead of the brake; the same thing happened to me the first time I got behind the wheel of a car (in my case, a '93 Dodge Grand Caravan). I started it up, took my foot off the brake and it started moving all on its own (slowly, but movement nonetheless). Years of experience with Need for Speed had led me to believe the car wouldn't move if the A-Button --er, accelerator wasn't depressed. I panicked and pressed my foot down on the accelerator, even though I meant to hit the brake :o . Fortunately, I didn't hit anything, although I did drive over the curb.

Egg Nog
11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
It looks to me that he hit the accelerator instead of the brake; the same thing happened to me the first time I got behind the wheel of a car (in my case, a '93 Dodge Grand Caravan). I started it up, took my foot off the brake and it started moving all on its own (slowly, but movement nonetheless). Years of experience with Need for Speed had led me to believe the car wouldn't move if the A-Button --er, accelerator wasn't depressed. I panicked and pressed my foot down on the accelerator, even though I meant to hit the brake :o . Fortunately, I didn't hit anything, although I did drive over the curb.

I think it's more likely that he just let off the clutch slowly at first and then (once he realised he was going too fast) let it off completely. If you don't know what you're doing, letting off on a pedal seems like a reasonable thing to do if you want to stop moving.

If he had pressed the accelerator thinking that it was the brakes, he would've done it more forcefully. We would've heard it.

Cotterik
11-03-2006, 03:38 PM
LEARN 2 PLAY NOOB

kingofthering
11-03-2006, 05:36 PM
what kind of idiot father lets his son drive a brand new car, especially with a 300hp V-8 engine? If it had the V-6, it wouldn't be so bad because he'd remove a piece of rice from the world. But nontheless, that's a stupid thing to do. Dumbass didn't even remove his foot from the pedal.

Vindesh17
11-03-2006, 05:54 PM
haha, noob. If I had a car like that I would never let my child within 10 feet of it if the key is in. Because once that testosterone gets pumping there's no telling whats going to happen.

johnnynumfiv
11-03-2006, 06:24 PM
what kind of idiot father lets his son drive a brand new car, especially with a 300hp V-8 engine? If it had the V-6, it wouldn't be so bad because he'd remove a piece of rice from the world. But nontheless, that's a stupid thing to do. Dumbass didn't even remove his foot from the pedal.

A v6 mustang is rice? WTF?:confused:

Mr.Tiv
11-03-2006, 06:25 PM
No, it's a sex change.

Dantera22B
11-03-2006, 06:34 PM
well................................what can you say. besides from. HAHAHAHAHAHA you silly cock.

kingofthering
11-03-2006, 06:35 PM
with that horrific body kit, yes.

Vindesh17
11-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Well we know for a fact that its not a GT500.

Viper007
11-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I did infact forget to post that on the other forums they did mention it was not a GT500 sorry guys, but regardless isn't that a nice innovation for a wrecking ball. I doubt it was insured, that really sucks but then again why did he let him drive that?

F1_Master
11-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, at least he didn't put it in Reverse and back into that Mustang behind it.
I take it that wasn't an original GT500 either.

Well, here's hoping the insurance company eats his first car up.

johnnynumfiv
11-03-2006, 08:14 PM
That was just a normal early mustang.

lightweight
11-04-2006, 04:38 AM
How can you say he didn't try to start the car?

Noone said that. After all the sound of the ignition is easily distinguishable.

He dropped the clutch and hit the gas.

I doubt it because the moment you hear the sound of the ignition, the same
moment the car starts moving. A young driver wouldn't do that. As a matter of fact nobody does that.
And on top of that you can hear the engine moving at VERY low rpm. It's just like when you are at 10 mph on 6th gear: the engine is about to stall, but if you don't press the accelerator or brake, you will see that the car will accelerate on its own, in order for the engine to reach idle rpm and not stall.

adrenaline
11-04-2006, 06:09 AM
OMG. That's hillarious.

johnnynumfiv
11-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Noone said that. After all the sound of the ignition is easily distinguishable.
I doubt it because the moment you hear the sound of the ignition, the same
moment the car starts moving. A young driver wouldn't do that. As a matter of fact nobody does that.
And on top of that you can hear the engine moving at VERY low rpm. It's just like when you are at 10 mph on 6th gear: the engine is about to stall, but if you don't press the accelerator or brake, you will see that the car will accelerate on its own, in order for the engine to reach idle rpm and not stall.

You said that...

Well the kid didn't try to start the car.
The starter motor would have made the car move if it was in gear. And most if not all new cars have it so you can't start the car without the clutch depressed.

Bob
11-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Either way the father is a huge idiot, and the kid is slightly less of an idiot.

Rockefella
11-04-2006, 02:32 PM
"Don't worry Daddy, I saw this in da Fazt and da Furioz!"

NSXType-R
11-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Either way the father is a huge idiot, and the kid is slightly less of an idiot.

How can the kid be slightly less of an idiot? He's the biggest one because he knew he couldn't drive but yet he climbed in and tried to. He should have admitted that he sucks at it. :D

orne
11-04-2006, 03:56 PM
"Dad, where's the braaaaakeess!"

Bob
11-04-2006, 06:21 PM
How can the kid be slightly less of an idiot? He's the biggest one because he knew he couldn't drive but yet he climbed in and tried to. He should have admitted that he sucks at it. :D
Probably thought he could drive. May not have understood that the car was a manual with a lot of torque. May have just tried to start it, had likely started an auto before and wasn't expecting the results. Either way the dad should have been a responsible adult. I'm not defending the kid, he's an idiot too I'm 16 but I knew better than to do stuff like that when I was 9. I'm just saying its more the parents fault for letting him have the keys.

adrenaline
11-05-2006, 02:39 AM
The kid just wanted to impress his friends. He didn't know what was coming to him. He's not a moron, he just lacks knowledge. If that was my GT500, I wouldn't leave the keys around for my teenager to take.

Vindesh17
11-05-2006, 10:58 AM
The was standing there wasnt he? Im sure I saw him.