PDA

View Full Version : Best car you have ever seen?

Spastik_Roach
04-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Not in magazines, in real life.

I have seen a Diablo and Countach, but they were only Replicas.

In NZ, (especially where I live) its incredibly hard to see good cars. I have seen a Mercedes CL, a Jaguar XKR, a few new Bmw 7 Series, a Mercedes S500 (At a private school which costs 14,000NZ a year), a Honda NSX, A Mercedes E55, A TVR Chimaera (probaly one of about less than 10 in NZ), A Porsche 911 Turbo, a Maserati Coupe, a Range Rover, a BMW M3, and pretty much the whole Lexus range.

Thats what I can remember off my head.

In the UK or US you can probaly see most of those in one day, so its not a very exciting list.

Misho
04-06-2004, 07:53 PM
this thread was done a while ago !!
i can't even remember what did i post in it.

Spastik_Roach
04-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Whoops, oh well no harm in doing it again for us newer members.

MrVette83
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Well, people who didn't grow up with me and don't know my pure unadulterated love of the Corvette tell me I'm lying when i say this, but everyone back home does. Having said that, I stopped at a gas station the other day(Sunday March 28th), to get a drink and something to eat, as I was leaving i pulled around to the other side of the building on my way back out to the main road. Parked there in the first parking spot was w/o a doubt the most beautiful car I've ever seen. It was a C6 Corvette(bear with me and let me explain). I sat and stared at it for about five minutes when a gentleman walked out heading toward the car. I stopped him and asked if these cars were in production yet(b/c I was thinking that they were not). He pointed to his shirt and said he worked for General Motors(shirt said General Motors Bowling Green Division) and that he was putting the car through its final pre-production shakedowns and that it was going into production the following week. To date I guess that that is the most beautiful car I've ever seen in person.

(I appologize for the length of this post, it's just something that excited me on that day and has kept me excited since then)

bk4uyeah
04-06-2004, 08:20 PM
True, living in the US many of us are acustomed to seing S-Classes, Range Rovers, 7-Series, etc. daily. However, one brand we Americans miss out on is TVR. Also, NSX's, XKR's, and 911 turbos, while somewhat common, still will invairably turn heads.

MrVette83
04-06-2004, 08:21 PM
true, living in the US many of us are acustomed to seing S-Classes, Range Rovers, 7-Series, etc. daily. However, one brand we Americans miss out on is TVR. Also, NSX's, XKR's, and 911 turbos, while somewhat common, still will invairably turn heads.

No doubt

bige321786
04-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Hands down for me!
On my last trip my parents' home in San Diego, driving right next to my dad's Toyota Camry was a brand new Maybach 57 saloon. He wouldn't believe me when I told him that the car next to us cost as much as a nice yacht!

Chinky_boi
04-06-2004, 10:59 PM
in vancouver here. there are alot of nice cars

porsches
lambos
ferraris
corvettes
nsx
bentleys
rolls royce
bmws
mercedes
jaguar
audis

UK CARS
04-07-2004, 02:21 AM
In the UK there a lot nice cars aswell. in the posh parts of town there are amazing cars. In a little country side village called Wimslow i saw a orang murcielago, bentley arnage,rolls royce phantom ( in a showroom ), ferrari testarossa, and a couple of porsches, all in one day!!!!!! this is where David Beckham used to live ( for those of you who dont know him, hes a famous soccer player worth millions ) And a couple of years back a saw a mclaren f1 in london. range rovers and mercs a see daily, a suppose im pretty lucky! :D
Though Nsx's are very rare here something like 12 were sold here last year.

EvilPaladin
04-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Where I live, you can see various BMW at every corner. Some Porsche(seen a Carrera GT), Ferrari and high-end Mercedes to.
But whenever I go to Dubai, I see loads of luxury/sports cars, I've seen THREE different Vanquish in an hour !

whiteballz
04-07-2004, 03:28 AM
my favourite car i have seen is the subaru 22b. i have seen a gallardo and 2 360 modenas and a 360 modena convertable, 2 original contaches and a 355 challenge in one hour! ( granted they were leaving an italian car day but hey they all drove away!) another car i have seen is the lamborghini diablo cruzing the streets. ( a couple of old ferrari 308 gts and a 1961 california daytona something ferrari)

fordfan2
04-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Here in Perth(Australia) i see loads of Porches, i've seen a couple of ferrari's, loads of Merc's, loads of great fords(cobra's, 2 door falcons, e.c.t) and Holdens(an australian version of General Motors). And if your including going to the drags then there would be too many to list.

fpv_gtho
04-07-2004, 04:44 AM
ive seen a fair share of muscle cars as a friend of my dads is a real muscle car nut. ive seen an XU1 torana, 67 Oldsmobile 4-4-2, Oldsmobile Toronado, 1970 Pontiac GTO convertible, 1966 Chev Impala convertible, 1962 Impala convertible, 1957 Bel Air hardtop, 1966 Bel Air sedan, 1934 Chev hot rod roadster, Ford T-Bucket hot rod, early model Firebird convertible......theres a couple of others there, a Bonneville, a Buick coupe. as for modern cars, ive seen a couple of 911's, some diablo's in dealerships.....theres heaps of others but the only one ive driven is my dads E36 M3

Niko_Fx
04-07-2004, 06:45 AM
I live in Boca Raton, which I belive is like the 3rd or 4th city of the US with most millionares per square mile. I see nice cars everyday. Some that I remember seeing:

-Lamborghini Murcielago
-Lotus Sprit (Brand New)
-Porsche GT2 (also Carrera 4S, Turbo, Boxster S, etc)
-Ferrari Maranello
-Ferrari 360 Modena and Spyder
-Ferrari 355 Spyder
-BMW Z8 (Some kid from my college used to bring his dad's to class some days)
-Audi RS6
-Mercedes SL55 AMG (Almost every AMG)
-Mercedes SL55 RennTech (Also SLK RennTech)
-Viper SRT-10 and GTS.
-BMW M3
-BMW 850
-Corvette Z06
-Bentleys and Rolls
-Maybachs
-Lamborghini Diablo (Orange, very nice ;) )
-Civic Type Niko.
-Aston Martins
-Maserattis

Uhmm that's all that I can remember for now.

ZerK
04-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Hmm..

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
Lamborghini Countach
Porsche 911s of various types, a few classics, Boxters all over the place... Pretty common round here
Mercedes SL55 (all over the place in Sunderland)
Ferrari 360 Modena + Spider
Ferrari 348 and various other classic Ferraris
Jag XJ220
Aston DB7
Ferrari F50
Bentley Continental GT
Mclaren F1
Porsche Carrera GT
BMW M3
BMW M5
TVR T350c, and some other TVRs, Cerbera etc.

and more, can't think of any at the moment..

lfb666
04-07-2004, 07:18 AM
Where i live:

I have seen:
- Porsche GT2 (Yellow)
- Porsche Boxster S (Silver)
- Maserati Coupe GT (Yellow)
- Mercedes-Benz S 55 AMG(Black), SL 55 AMG (Silver, White)
- Audi RS2, RS4, S3, S4, S6, S8, TT...
- Corvettes, Camaro, Mustang...
- Lexus (SC400, RX300)
- M3, M5, Z3, Z4, S-Type, X-Type, X3, X5, ML 320,
- Citroen Traction Avant (Red), Clément - 1900, Renault Alpine A110 (Red)...

In the city of São Paulo:

- Ferrari 360 Modena, F355 Berlinetta.
- Dodge Viper
- Porsche (Carrera, Boxster...)
- BMW 850 CSi
- M3, M5
- Shelby GT 350, Pontiac Trans-Am - 1972, Cadillac...

I never saw:

- Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lotus, TVR...

Suka
04-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Got to see a Mclaren F1 at Silverstone and talk with the designer.

Slicks
04-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Silver murcelago
numerous 360 modenas
black jaguar xj220
800hp viper
Thats all i can think of right now :cool:

Spastik_Roach
04-08-2004, 04:32 AM
I have also seen a Viper GTS (blue with white stripes!!) at an auction once. Someone at my mums work drives a Audi RS6, which is pretty cool aswell. And we get a fair few Bmw X5's. As I say, maybe common for you Poms and Americans, but quite special for little old Palmerston North in New Zealand.

I've still not ever seen a Lotus in real life though! :( :mad: :eek:

Suka
04-08-2004, 04:43 AM
...........I've still not ever seen a Lotus in real life though! :( :mad: :eek:
Oh they are Glorious.

Misho
04-08-2004, 06:55 AM
I saw a Maybach (57 probably) in Egypt's north coast and another one in Washington DC, a Rolls Phantom in NYC, a Countach in Halifax, Gemballa in Cairo, several Diablos and Ferraris in Jeddah,a Bentley limo (which i actually sat in) in London and some sort of racing Porsche being loaded into an airplane at the Frankfurt airport.

there you have it, my list of best cars in some of the places i visited !!

Falcon500
04-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Wellmy oldmans GT would have to be it....
Ive also seen just about every coniveable mustang,camroand all that kind of stuff...we have several GT shelbys and ive seen a few (some where replicas but there where a fw real ones amongst them) ive seen a few farraris but they didnt really catch my eye...seen a few maseratis 2 lambos 1 diablo a a jalpa...bolwell nagari...lightburn Zeta...and hell i even had the pleasure(clears throught ;) ) of working in a BMW dealer and got to fully detail a 7 series 02 model that was still worth 250k...got to drive a 98 or so model and even had the pleasure of driveing a z4 roadster and a wrx (they where a chain that worked under the rolfe banner some orders backed up and i got to deatial/fuel them) and just the other day at work we bid farewell to the only GTS monaro we had...it was a nice car but even at cost price theirasking far too much for it!

Spastik_Roach
04-08-2004, 02:17 PM
The other day I saw a Bullitt spec Mustang Fastback! Orginal LHD, and it looked so awesome! Very rare in NZ ;)

Niko_Fx
04-08-2004, 02:24 PM
I saw a DeTomaso Pantera today. First time I ever see one. It was like new, the paint, the wheels etc and the guy was driving the way that car should be driven. Really fast and awesome. Lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust.

maximus14433
04-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Id say thee sexiest car I have ever seen in my life is at the Auto Show in Toronto 2004, the Dodge VIper GTSR Concept. I dont care wut u guys think but in person, this car damn sure helps ya pop a woodie.

http://dodge-vipers.com/originals/gtsrconcept/pictures/gtsrconcept2.jpg :cool:

carlover
04-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Not in magazines, in real life.

I have seen a Diablo and Countach, but they were only Replicas.

In NZ, (especially where I live) its incredibly hard to see good cars. I have seen a Mercedes CL, a Jaguar XKR, a few new Bmw 7 Series, a Mercedes S500 (At a private school which costs 14,000NZ a year), a Honda NSX, A Mercedes E55, A TVR Chimaera (probaly one of about less than 10 in NZ), A Porsche 911 Turbo, a Maserati Coupe, a Range Rover, a BMW M3, and pretty much the whole Lexus range.

Thats what I can remember off my head.

In the UK or US you can probaly see most of those in one day, so its not a very exciting list.
Do cars from auto shows count? 'Cause I've seen quite a few there. :)

Spastik_Roach
04-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, sorta but I mean you see everything there.

NZ has bugger all car shows!

maximus14433
04-08-2004, 04:04 PM
But in real life...I think the hottest car Ive seen out on the streets was either the red '94-'96 Diablo around there, or, preferably my favorite the Dodge Viper GTS ACR, and a GTS, and a RT/10, of course my high favourrite, and a SRT-10! a red one

Spastik_Roach
04-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Of course you seen a Dodge Viper GTS ACR, you own one, don't you?

maximus14433
04-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Now i DO, I just bought it a few days ago.....but in public, im talikin bout the cars ive seen....altoh i want an SRT-10 so bad..cant afford $128k as much as $78k

dashers
04-08-2004, 04:44 PM
As i live near guildford,i get to see lots of Porsches,the odd Ferrari TVR and Aston Martin,and im am lucky enough to have a mate whose mums got a Audi RS4,and whose dads got a Subaru Impreza STI Prodrive and a couple of Ferraris!(jammy git!)
However the best two cars i have seen was a Vanquish pulling away from the traffic lights as i walked close,and a Mercedes-Maclaren SLR(though they are made in woking which is 15 mins away,so its not that unlikely! ;) )
oh,and a Noble M12 :eek: [dribble!!] :D

drakkie
04-09-2004, 12:57 AM
i live in an posh vilaage, so i see a lot of cool cars. Ferrari enzo= cool, sounds really good. Murcielago, saw it, looking good. Gallardo, saw it , looking cool on front , rear is too toyota like.
Nissan 350z looks cool too.

My uncle has an iso grifo ,looking very cool too.These cars are a lot better than all tis bmw and mercedes in this town.I am even at school with a guy who gets a porsche boxster when he gets 18.Ofcourse ive seeen all kinds of porsches,lots of ferraris, and that stuff. Some car magazines often come here to the beachfor a photoshoot , so ive seen the Ford thunderbird concept car 2 year ago, but ive also seen the carver, a car that hangs in the corner like a bike, and many other less expensive cars offcourse.

Ive seen an maybach, its very luxurious and damn big.Hummer H1 and H2.They take kids to school with that !!!!!!!!

Where i live ????? Oostvoorne, a town in the netherlands, under the smoke off the biggest industrial area in the country, the Maasvlakte.

--------------------------------------------
flying without wings

Spastik_Roach
04-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Actually I now remember I once saw a Delorean DMC-12 in my town, would it be the only one in New Zealand?

Italianspeed
04-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Just the other day, Ferrari Challenge was going on at my local speedway, Infineon Raceway. I was just pulling through the gate, when an absolutely stunning low slung, black Viper came through the exit. Vipers are nice, but I couldn't stop staring for some reason. As it finally drove past, I realized what I was really looking at. It was the 5 inch lower lip above the diffusers that gave me the epiphany. It was a TVR Cebera Speed 12. I couldn't believe my eyes, and I doubt any one on here will believe me either. But let me just say, it was incredible. Oh, and I've also seen a 71' BMW M1, a Jaguar XJ220 S (limited race production run, less than 30 in the world), 2 Enzos (1 Black, 1 Red), and more 360 Spyders/Modenas than I can count. I"ve had some incredible luck when it comes to finding gorgeous, remarkably fast cars. If you really do doubt my seemingly larger-than-life claims, I have photos of most of the cars (sadly, not the Speed 12, no time to draw the camera) that I can email you. Thanks for reading.

NAZCA C2
04-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Lancia Stratos. The Lancia isn't the most expensive or fastest car around but they are a pretty rare sight. I've seen plenty of Ferraris, Lambos, Bentleys, ect but something like the Stratos really stands out.

HBloverb18
04-10-2004, 08:33 PM
The Shelby Aero sc/8t

Suka
04-11-2004, 02:00 AM
My Dads mate had a TVR Tuscan S and sold it for a TVR Cerbera.

cuntukimushroom
04-22-2004, 11:30 AM
well the best car i have seen in real life is the ferrari testarossa

digitalcraft
04-24-2004, 07:31 AM
While I have seen ferraris and mazerattis and such at auto shows, and plenty of porsches around, I have to say the coolest car I have seen is my uncle's blue and silver shelby cobra kit. :P

werty
04-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Coolest car I've seen is the prosche GT at circle K, right next to my school :eek: . I saw it over a year ago before it was released to the public. The guy driving always had the top down and i saw him for about seven days in a row at the same time, haven't seen it since then :(

Oh and i almost forgot, It was Gold!!!!

Coventrysucks
04-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Its a toss up between the Porsche 993 GT1, TVR speed 12, Mercedes CLK GTR, but probably the Mclaren F1 GTR racing at silverstone (the sound, my god what a sound :p )

I have seen 4 different Mclaren F1s
A black one at the London Motorshow when they were first released
A silver one at the Park Lane showroom
A red GTR at Goodwood
and, chassis 024 GTR longtail at Silverstone.
How lucky am I? :D

The fastest car I have seen is Thrust SSC (not moving abviously)

civicrider04
04-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Best car(s) I've seen
Aston Martin DB7 GT
Ferrari Enzo, 360 Modena, 456 GT
Lamborghini Diablo, Gallardo, Murcilago
Audi A8 L W12
Bently Continental GT
Rolls Royce Phantom

byronleehk
04-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Lamborghini Murcielago and <<<<<<drum roll>>>>>

a Bentley Continental GT...YES, a Bentley Continental GT :eek: ! But it was on the back of a flatbed truck on route to somewhere. :rolleyes:

junaman
05-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Today i saw a pretty sweet Caddilac!
I know that you're thinking that it isnt rare but in Australia its one of the only Caddilac's and its the first one i've ever seen.

enzo_scc
08-24-2006, 03:53 AM
mclearen f1 lm

6speed
08-24-2006, 08:10 AM
mclearen f1 lm

LMAO. No wonder you were banned.

I saw that car at the monterey classics last year, and it's definatly not the best car I've ever seen.

I think mine might be the 166MM by Ferrari. I saw that at the same place as the F1, and I was so excited I could have Spit!

The_Canuck
08-24-2006, 08:27 AM
LMAO. No wonder you were banned.

I saw that car at the monterey classics last year, and it's definatly not the best car I've ever seen.

I think mine might be the 166MM by Ferrari. I saw that at the same place as the F1, and I was so excited I could have Spit!
Wtf?:confused:

6speed
08-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Exactly. I just wanted to say something I read in a magazine once lmao:D

I think I read it in an import tuner magazine. Not sure though.

viper_str10
08-26-2006, 05:48 AM
bugatti veryon

viper_str10
08-26-2006, 05:49 AM
http://www.piczo.com/hazza999

acemotorsport
08-26-2006, 06:01 AM
red x bro, red x

6'bore
08-26-2006, 09:04 AM
red x bro, red x
You're an idiot sometimes.

Best car I have ever seen is probably the Jaguar XJ13, only one exists in the world, it doesn't get rarer than that. :D

6speed
08-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Good point! There's alot of replica's out there, but only one real XJ13:).

jcp123
08-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I saw a pretty new Bentley here a few months back. There's a pretty rich enclave here, but I never realized there was that much money floating around here.

Oh, and I have seen a '39 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S, too. It's in good shape but IIRC it didn't look like it had been driven in a while. Too bad, those are uniquely beautiful cars.

Mr.Tiv
08-26-2006, 12:36 PM
The best cars I've seen that wasn't at a motor show were a Jaguar Xj220, an Enzo, AM Vanquish, and TVR Griffith(very rare in the US, 5 at most). All of them while visiting my Grandmother in West Palm Beach.

Nazmacher
08-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Hands down for me!
On my last trip my parents' home in San Diego, driving right next to my dad's Toyota Camry was a brand new Maybach 57 saloon. He wouldn't believe me when I told him that the car next to us cost as much as a nice yacht!

hahahaha.... For me it would be the Phantom and the F430 spider.

adamfraser
08-26-2006, 03:54 PM
TVR speed 12 for me.

aNOBLEman
08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
The best one I've seen at an autoshow would be a Ferrari FXX. On the street the best would be a Lamborghini Murcie, Ferrari 575, or a stripped and race prepped Porsche GT2. The best classic I've seen is a real original AC 289, that was amazing, to actually see a real one and not just another replica.

DesmoRob
08-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Best in what way? Well I've seen a few rare ones, including a Ferrari 250GTO, F40, Vector W8 Twin Turbo. There's lots of classics but I don't know any of their names.