PDA

View Full Version : Complete - Ford Mustang GT

carsnut
11-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Completed in August. I should've posted these a while ago, but before i knew it, school came along. Therefore, i lost the time to snap any pictures. When the chance was apparent, i took a few pictures. Through the build, there were little issues here and there. the first problem was the engine wouldn't stay at the correct angle. Second, upon completion of the interior, i lost the stick for the shifter:mad:. It was only when i was near completion that i found the shifter. That meant taking the body off just to glue the shifter on. However, my biggest issue was the seats. I especially despise the way they are to be assembled. I acidentally painted them first, and it turns out that the point of attachments were too thin, so i had to very careful. I'd recommend first gluing the seats together before painting. Apart from the above, this kit went together very well. I was especially delighted by the way that the wheels are attached. Since it works differently from the old revells, so the wheels can properly roll. From Esperante's build, he pointed out that the suspension was too high, so i decided to search for some wheels and install them. They're a bit too big, but i think that that really don't look too bad. Apart from the kit parts, all I added were the rims and a little bit of weathering. In comparison to Esperante's Mustang, though, I don't think mine is as good, since I kinda rushed a few parts. 1 step closer to making better models(helpful criticism is welcome)Anyway, enjoy the pics.:D

carsnut
11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
more pics

carsnut
11-08-2006, 06:44 PM
and more..................

carsnut
11-08-2006, 06:45 PM
+ a few outdoor shots. apologize for the annoying shadowy area, it was during the afternoon

johnnynumfiv
11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
So when's the lift kit and the mud swampers going on? :D
The wheels are massive, nice build tho.

11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Mustangs with 24"-28" Dubs don't look natural.

The_Canuck
11-08-2006, 08:44 PM
No but it looks damn cool! :D

henk4
11-09-2006, 01:23 AM
not my sort of wheels though:D

Anyway, a small advise on how to paint the trimlines of the doors etc. Use very thinned flat black paint and just let it run in. Spillages are unlikely and can be easily removed. Alternatively you can also use black, water soluble ink.

Kitdy
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Gorgeous colours man. Gotta agree with henk4 about those wheels though.