PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac STS-T

MysteriousGT1
11-18-2006, 01:59 PM
finished a subtile paint scheme for my latest project...ill do some other paint schemes for it soon!

Hope you like it, alot of brushing went into the design for this truck!

anyone have some advice to making brushed windows more realistic?...i want to simulate Black tint but not sure how to make it realistic looking...thanks!

mclaren_crazy
11-18-2006, 02:48 PM
if your going for realistic I think that the windows are the least of your worries, expect for the wheels the entire thing looks like a cartoon

MysteriousGT1
11-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Sorry for ruining your day...Ill ask for help elsewhere!

11-18-2006, 07:58 PM
It does look unrealistic

but for the windows - have you tried to paint them with less than 100% capacity

SupraMan22
11-18-2006, 10:49 PM
i like it. It looks very well dont. Im assuming you brushed alot of that? Which would be why its so unrealistic.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-19-2006, 12:26 AM
GREAT IDEAS !!!....a bit TOO uh....crisp.

Cuz they have NO air between the point of view, ...and the car !!

...understand ?

Atomoshere...refelction...LIGHT, SHADOW...like THAT.

Think that is why peeps are sayin it looks "unrealistic"....it's a FOCUS thing.
2 much is 2 much FOCUS...I get pissed at all the time about "BLUR"
...is what you NEED on this !

Blitz_
11-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Ergh, dont listen to MRDETROITMETAL, the clean lines and perfect fit of all the parts are exactly what HE lacks.

Top Chop, just whack some good reflections on there and you have a winnah!

johnnynumfiv
11-19-2006, 09:46 AM
GREAT IDEAS !!!....a bit TOO uh....crisp.

Cuz they have NO air between the point of view, ...and the car !!

...understand ?

Atomoshere...refelction...LIGHT, SHADOW...like THAT.

Think that is why peeps are sayin it looks "unrealistic"....it's a FOCUS thing.
2 much is 2 much FOCUS...I get pissed at all the time about "BLUR"
...is what you NEED on this !

Look at the original, it didn't really have any of that what you are blabbing about.

I would buy that truck if they made it. Nice chop.

Suka
11-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah i agree with everyone except MRDETROITMETAL.
The unrealistic look is gained hrough a lack of reflection. I am not very good at this whole chopping thing so i am not sure how you would acheive this. For example on the back of the white van where therethe arrow(ish) graphic comes on from the side if you introduce some reflection, or distort the travel of the graphic (if you know what i mean) it will look more like it is turning a corner. Hope that helps... :)

MysteriousGT1
11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
thanks for the feedback....im trying to fix the problems as well as Continuing the progress of the paint as well....I added a Update "to paintjob #2" to my Original post above ^^^^ please let me know what still can be improved on "Without saying its all fubared and looks like a Cartoon car"...be advised i have not done a paint chop in just under 2 years so i am rather rusty with it right now...I want to fix the problems as they arise!

thanks again for the feedback i appreciate it

Blitz_
11-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Better, but me thinks the reflections should reflect the surrounding buildings with a much crisper, clean reflection, perhaps a straight c + p of the original with a bit of distoring? I KNOW you can easily find donors for reflections off numerous sites, twill look much better.