PDA

View Full Version : Fernado Alanso's New Ride...

MRDETROITMETAL
11-25-2006, 03:51 AM
ALLRIGHT...It was just a TEST DRIVE....:D

(But he, ALONSO, looks GOOD in a CHEVY !!!!;)

Coventrysucks
11-25-2006, 04:45 AM
But he looks GOOD in a CHEVY !!!!;)

No. No he doesn't.

Why bother making a Fernando Alonso connection?

He wouldn't be driving a Chevrolet in the first place, so that doesn't make any sense - and all you have anyway is what appears to be a disembodied head floating about inside the car, which just looks silly.

Why not get rid of the floating head and just say "here's a Chevy concept". :confused:

You could also do with making your lines a bit crisper - I know you keep saying stuff about blurring things to create depth of field, but really some of the panels of the car just look like they're made from soggy newspaper, rather than a solid material, due to the "wobbly" rather than straight edges/reflections etc.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Sorry but I just don't see it that way at all,...the FA connection is dilerbrate, as it evokes a connection aside from just a "car"....it's OK tho, I appreciate your sentiment, tho I also understand your newspaper comment, perhaps it is because I dont use "paths" & such as I feel that I need to DRAW the picture, and give it more of a painting look, rather than a simple photo look.

Again, it is INTENT that makes it different, tho not nessesarally better compared to whatever, just unique.

Cotterik
11-25-2006, 07:09 AM
he looks pretty calm in his ways given the situation

6'bore
11-25-2006, 07:17 AM
I think you should be banned for that.

Coventrysucks
11-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Sorry but I just don't see it that way at all,...the FA connection is dilerbrate, as it evokes a connection aside from just a "car"...

No it doesn't.

It is a picture of a Renault Driver's head pasted into your picture of a Chevrolet, for no apparent reason.

Quite frankly, if you hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have even seen the grim apparition in the first place.

It doesn't even look like he is in the car, let alone driving it, which he wouldn't be doing anyway because he is a Renault driver...

Why not pick a Chevrolet driver if you are going to insist on putting someone in the car, at least then it might start to make some sense.

I feel that I need to DRAW the picture, and give it more of a painting look, rather than a simple photo look.

Look up Scott Robertson, or Ryan Church - they are good examples of a "painted look", yet they still manage to use crisp lines and reflections.

hec16
11-25-2006, 10:26 AM
plus this is a rally concept, now why does a F1 driver would be driving something less exciting?

Street_Dreamer
11-25-2006, 10:32 AM
It is a picture of a Renault Driver's head pasted into your picture of a Chevrolet, for no apparent reason.

It doesn't even look like he is in the car, let alone driving it, which he wouldn't be doing anyway because he is a Renault driver...
Ahem...McLaren Mercedes :D but i agree with everything else you said, no point at all putting his floating head in this car

DesmoRob
11-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Wow this is one heated topic of discussion. Waste of time? I think so.

man 430gt
Interesting that's for sure...

MRDETROITMETAL
Why not pick a Chevrolet driver if you are going to insist on putting someone in the car, at least then it might start to make some sense.
Look up Scott Robertson, or Ryan Church - they are good examples of a "painted look", yet they still manage to use crisp lines and reflections.

First off THX for your ideas, tho my purpose was not to make sense, just to have fun with FA cuz I can. But jeff Gordon DID drive an F1 car at Indy a few yeras back so it DOES make sense in a manner of thought.:D

as for Scott Robertson check this out :
http://www.drawthrough.com/galleries.php?gallery_cat=personal

See perhaps you are looking for a more Industrial Art rather than a Fine Art style which is more akin to my personal train of thought, there IS a BIG difference in conceptual & technical development in each disipline.
As for Ryan Church, many of his images are 3D models, really an entirely different thing again, but I did find this hand drawing of his which (again from his PERSONAL gallery) demonstrates more the direction I go towards (see attachment). As an Artist, you strive to make images that stand apart from other people's work, & create a "style" that is unique to your own work. That is what I am doing as well, defining a personal set of values for the works I produce.

THX again.

MPower22
11-25-2006, 04:38 PM
you want to make your work stand apart and have a signature look but you do so by adding fog and blurring and then when people say to take away the blurring and useless effects that hide your work you say "no no, im too much of an artist" yet people like illusionist have very recognizable work without using such excuses like you do. and then you have the balls to say that you think your work is better than the rest when users' comments certainly dont seem to reflect that. and im not even going to try to disect the fraud that you call stingray studios nor how you claim to be 50 years old yet type/act like your 12. yeah, this comment was harsh, but its what i wanted to say.

johnnyperl
11-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Fernando Alonso's Old Ride (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbqR-KmLJ_w)

MRDETROITMETAL
11-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Johnny P...NICE LINK !!!...THX that was cool !!!

MP22...you steppin in the wrong place with me dude!

If I am so awful as YOU purport, then why is it a fact that when you search for ALAIS software that direct links to my posts come up ???...maybe cuz what I do is different & unique ???
Think about it, man...& next time, before you spit out more crap, Remember This IS a Business not just a bunch of kids fool'in around with IP software & tho I too admire some of Illu's works, I have no desire or intent to create images that have that "overworked" look to them, Just my opinion....BUT when you attack my business as a FRAUD....then you piss me off !!!.

When YOU can run your OWN succsessful enterprise doing auto art we may have more in common to discuss, until then...make a concerted EFFORT on your part to control your thoughts to a more respectful attitude to those like myself who put the effort out there, because you are SADLY mistaken in your assumptions.

I do not really appreciate such ignorant comments either.

Oh & ONE more comment that indicates how little you actually comprehend regarding ART;
EVERY major artist in the history of ART, has encountered rebukes like yours, ....& then gone on to prove them wrong. Take a art history class & LEARN someting for your own benefit , OK ?

Peace Bro.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-25-2006, 10:15 PM
plus this is a rally concept, now why does a F1 driver would be driving something less exciting?

..oh & BTW ...I made it MORE of a GT car, not a rallye car :D ...see it is on a RACE TRACK @!!@!:rolleyes:

MRDETROITMETAL
11-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow this is one heated topic of discussion. Waste of time? I think so.

Interesting that's for sure...

quotes from your posts here...dudes, I am NOT lookin for a fight, and i too find the comments posted to be VERY interesting...& NOT a waste of time at all if it leads to a better understanding.., it still amazes me tho that a simple picture can evoke such emotional responses...but THAT is EXACTLY what ART does !!!

Coventrysucks
11-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Just my opinion....BUT when you attack my business as a FRAUD....then you piss me off !!!

I agree, calling it a "fraud" is uncalled for.

However, actually finding what your business is isn't that easy - I tried entering "MRDETROITMETAL" into google and didn't actually get any links to your website.

If I enter "stingrays studio/s" I only get 4 or 5 links referring to you or your work.

Oh & ONE more comment that indicates how little you actually comprehend regarding ART;
EVERY major artist in the history of ART, has encountered rebukes like yours, ....& then gone on to prove them wrong. Take a art history class & LEARN someting for your own benefit , OK ?

That is just silly.

Art is subjective, and whilst having a background knowledge of art may help someone understand a piece of work better, it will not determine whether they like it or not.

I don't particularly care whether your work is brilliant or not, or a particular style or not - It does not matter to me if you sell one picture or a thousand, after all - I'm not the one making money out of it.

I'm just making observations.

Good luck to you - you probably know more about it than we do, and you're going to be the only one here who truly knows how successful you are, and what your customers want.

Zytek_Fan
11-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Try using someone that actually drives for Chevrolet, and don't use one of Wouter's Le Mans pictures for your half ass "art"

Kooper
11-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, I say he (MRDETROITMETAL) can do whatever his imagination serves up. He's not designing his works for us, he's just sharing it with us. Wetting yourselfs because he pasted a pic of Alonso is pointless...

If he was an employee of yours then yeah, you could moan about the pasted Alonso pic, but like I said, his work. Let him do what he wants with it.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't comment or state your mind, but damn-near demanding him to change his work just because you can't make logical sense of it is silly. If it really bothers you so much, why don't you take a pic of the Chev concept, chop it yourself and add/ don't add whichever driver you want in there?

Oh, and MRDETROITMETAL: Looks good. Personally I wouldn't have added a driver, but that's because I only like carpics because of cars. Thanks for sharing and keep it up. :)

Blitz_
11-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Well done, you've made an ugly car even uglier. There is a serious lack of correct reflections and everything reeks of poor selection and lack of attention to detail.

Kooper
11-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Well done, you've made an ugly car even uglier. There is a serious lack of correct reflections and everything reeks of poor selection and lack of attention to detail.

Speaking from experience then? At least his wheels are in proportion.

Blitz_
11-26-2006, 05:47 AM
Speaking from experience then? At least his wheels are in proportion.

wheels were the last portion of the car i managed to do, under time constraints, im not too worried with the outcome.

..at least i have the balls to say my chops look at least twice as good :rolleyes: ;)

oh, and he didnt change the wheels as well ;)

adrenaline
11-26-2006, 06:03 AM
MRDETROITMETAL has done nothing wrong, give him a break. Can't people discuss their feelings towards the image rather than tear other members apart?

Kooper
11-26-2006, 06:06 AM
wheels were the last portion of the car i managed to do, under time constraints, im not too worried with the outcome.

..at least i have the balls to say my chops look at least twice as good :rolleyes: ;)

oh, and he didnt change the wheels as well ;)

Does it matter? Instead of shooting down someone who tries, ever thought about helping him?
Maybe if you change your attitude it wouldn't be necessary to create threads like these:

Chop thread falling (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25452) & We need you (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24129)

So what do you really want:

More participants
OR
People who try, get shot down by the likes of you and just not bother again

If you act like an ass people will leave. Simple really.

Blitz_
11-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Eh Kooper took it upon himself to dig up a past chop and then criticisize me - for, well criticisizing MRDETROITMETAL's chop.

Im harsh yes, but at least I point out what could do with improving, rather than saying "crap" "utter wank" or anything like that.

Blitz_
11-26-2006, 06:26 AM
Does it matter? Instead of shooting down someone who tries, ever thought about helping him?
Maybe if you change your attitude it wouldn't be necessary to create threads like these:

Chop thread falling (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25452) & We need you (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24129)

So what do you really want:

More participants
OR
People who try, get shot down by the likes of you and just not bother again

If you act like an ass people will leave. Simple really.

Fact of like, if you don't like my criticism, then just ignore my posts. I see myself as a semi-experienced choppers who has done quite a few of them over the years that I actually found alot of time to do them. Fact of the matter is, even at digimods I recieved harsher criticism, yet I didn't mind that. Any advice is better than no advice. Receiving none will not improve your work. Getting to know what you have done wrong, or what you can do better will push you to imrpove yourself.

I AM helping him. Read my posts that I have posted in his threads. It is advice that can be taken on board to help him with his chops in the future. Get your head out the 'box - you cant seriously expect to have everyone hand you everything on a silver platter can you?

I regard Illusionist as the best regular chopper on these boards, yet read my posts and I am sometimes harsher to him, something that is perhaps not needed, but its the way I put across my advice and criticism. I am not overly and blatantly rude, I actually tell of the things that i dislike and what I like, what could be improved and so on and so forth.

Please, dont try and make me the "bad guy". Chopping and art work in general can be hard work - with tough criticism and sometimes a hard path to glory.

p.s. It doesn't annoy me, but I am wary of non choppers whom attack criticism as being too "harsh" and saying we "force" them to change thier chops. It is up to them to do what they will, but these forums are for discussions, do you think we post chops up for everyone to go "ooo00o ahhh". Ah no. We want advice on top of all that, to see what is wrong, what is right and what is utter wank.

Kooper
11-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Fact of like, if you don't like my criticism, then just ignore my posts. I see myself as a semi-experienced choppers who has done quite a few of them over the years that I actually found alot of time to do them. Fact of the matter is, even at digimods I recieved harsher criticism, yet I didn't mind that. Any advice is better than no advice. Receiving none will not improve your work. Getting to know what you have done wrong, or what you can do better will push you to imrpove yourself.

I AM helping him. Read my posts that I have posted in his threads. It is advice that can be taken on board to help him with his chops in the future. Get your head out the 'box - you cant seriously expect to have everyone hand you everything on a silver platter can you?

I regard Illusionist as the best regular chopper on these boards, yet read my posts and I am sometimes harsher to him, something that is perhaps not needed, but its the way I put across my advice and criticism. I am not overly and blatantly rude, I actually tell of the things that i dislike and what I like, what could be improved and so on and so forth.

Please, dont try and make me the "bad guy". Chopping and art work in general can be hard work - with tough criticism and sometimes a hard path to glory.

p.s. It doesn't annoy me, but I am wary of non choppers whom attack criticism as being too "harsh" and saying we "force" them to change thier chops. It is up to them to do what they will, but these forums are for discussions, do you think we post chops up for everyone to go "ooo00o ahhh". Ah no. We want advice on top of all that, to see what is wrong, what is right and what is utter wank.

I fail to see how "Well done, you've made an ugly car even uglier. There is a serious lack of correct reflections and everything reeks of poor selection and lack of attention to detail." tells him of exactly where he went wrong now does it? What I got from that was incorrect reflection, but that's just about it. ADDED AFTER EDIT: I have to add as well, if I received criticism like that from such a self-admitted senior member as yourself, I'd just say stuff it and not bother again.

Personally I can't see anything wrong with criticizing criticism of a chop. Especially when I think it's utter wank criticism.

I have posted the occasional chop too, to be honest though I've lost my appetite for posting anything...

"..at least i have the balls to say my chops look at least twice as good", now that's some serious bad guy material right there I'd say. That's not help, that's like a kid going "nah nah nannah nah, my chops are better than your chops".

But hey, that's just my opinion. Like you said, you don't like my posts, just ignore them.

Matt
11-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Wow, a lot of you are wastes of server space. There might be 5 members on this site who could create a cleaner, more imaginative rendering than that. Big deal. Some of you are incredibly immature. Grow up and stop being snide little shits - or leave.

Blitz_
11-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Ill end my contribution to this thread now. What you can draw out of my inital comment on his chop;

1. lack of reflections, if you think about it further you can easily see the environment and studio car contrast each other

2. poor selection. easily understandable

3. attention to detail. This also means rushing, and generally being a tad to lazy to pick up on things you know you should do, but can't be bothered doing. This is also self explanatory.

4. The majority of choppers would like to make a car seem more aggressive / beautiful. It would be hard to find one that would intentionally go to make a car even uglier.

Recieving a harsh criticism and then giving up shows a lack of intestinal fortitude and highlights a lack of motivation for chopping in the first place..dont give up if you recieve a bit of bad news ;)

my 0.02c

keep chopping MRDETROITMETAL, its good to know there are peeps regularly chopping and posting here

Matt
11-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Ill end my contribution to this thread now. What you can draw out of my inital comment on his chop;

1. lack of reflections, if you think about it further you can easily see the environment and studio car contrast each other
Extremely minor

2. poor selection. easily understandableSubjective

3. attention to detail. This also means rushing, and generally being a tad to lazy to pick up on things you know you should do, but can't be bothered doing. This is also self explanatory.
All people can't be perfect all the time. The chop of yours posted above is far, far from perfect.

4. The majority of choppers would like to make a car seem more aggressive / beautiful. It would be hard to find one that would intentionally go to make a car even uglier.
Subjective

Recieving a harsh criticism and then giving up shows a lack of intestinal fortitude and highlights a lack of motivation for chopping in the first place..dont give up if you recieve a bit of bad news ;)
Since when has harsh criticism become the only way to criticize? Why does it have to be harsh? Constructive criticism is much more helpful and doesn't make you look like an ass.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Very INTERESTING comments !!!...whew!

Blitz is correct, I dont mind critique from those who understand what I am doing, (especially those who cannot do it [yet] but do understand what has been done) however if you like it or not dose not really matter, because most of the comments are highly subjective as pointed out, BUT that IS the nature of this media. I have also been pretty harsh on Blitz and Illu's chop's too, NOT Because I think they are bad or I just dont like them...but because I KNOW, as they do about me, that we CAN do BETTER...or I just dont say anything, which is probably an injustice to them.

However saying it is UGLY, means nothing to me, as it is just different and 6 months from now or six days from now you may really like it, pointing out the reflection thing IS something I have to go back and look at, not that i am going to change it, but the next one I may be able to incorporate something I see in this one BECAUSE of his comment, that I otherwise would NEVER have seen.

Hence the REAL REASON for posting in the first place, not to show off how talented we all are ....but to LEARN from other's perception what we did, so as to understand what we may be able to do NOW. We ALL have different approches and esthetic orientations, so what looks good to me may have to grow on you before you see what I did, and vica versa. One is NOT better than the other, just unique in it's own right, and as Art of any kind has to be able to stand on it's own for whatever it is worth to any present & future viewer.

Thanks for all the comments, this has been a very revelaing & educational thread, certianly well worth the time invested by EVERYONE, I think we all can learn someting here, So here's a thought to consider :
"ART creates contraversy by it's very nature, and originality in Art evokes that conflict More often than not, otherwise it is just imitation of the status quo."

Peace.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Try using someone that actually drives for Chevrolet, and don't use one of Wouter's Le Mans pictures for your half ass "art"

OH, WM & I have an understanding on that, and are developing a working relationship regarding the use of his photograhs by my studio, so that is that.:D These are just test pictures for now, your reactions help to guage thier value to us both.;)

speednine
11-26-2006, 03:03 PM
IMHO, if you chop you have no imagination. Why don't you try to create something new rather then screw up someone elses idea? Detroit, i've seen your designs on SandD.net, you fail to come up with an original idea, and when you do you make it too busy with crayons and pencil shading, which makes it damn near impossible to see detail or anything definite in shape. You call it art, but the problem is, a lot of art is total crap, and that is not just you, but a lot of other artists in general. Second of all, blitz, your chops are horrible too, sit down and shut up.

Lastly Detroit your posts fail at proper spelling and some basic grammar, I know no one is perfect, even I make mistakes but jesus, when you can't spell "Necessary" correctly who the hell is going to come to your business?

DesmoRob
11-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Wow, all of this over a simple chop. I can't remember the last time that such a big deal was made over someone's art. Art is supposed to be the expression of the artist, but there is a difference between saying that its wrong or that they simply don't like it. Take it easy guys.

Blitz_
11-26-2006, 06:33 PM
IMHO, if you chop you have no imagination. Why don't you try to create something new rather then screw up someone elses idea? Detroit, i've seen your designs on SandD.net, you fail to come up with an original idea, and when you do you make it too busy with crayons and pencil shading, which makes it damn near impossible to see detail or anything definite in shape. You call it art, but the problem is, a lot of art is total crap, and that is not just you, but a lot of other artists in general. Second of all, blitz, your chops are horrible too, sit down and shut up.

Lastly Detroit your posts fail at proper spelling and some basic grammar, I know no one is perfect, even I make mistakes but jesus, when you can't spell "Necessary" correctly who the hell is going to come to your business?

Here is a classic example of criticism that is harsh, yet doesnt have anything else in its detail to provide the person with who did the chop with something to work on. Instead of calling chops "crap" say why or avenues to improve upon them.

Oh, I like standing, I do all day at both my jobs and do all the time whilst playing both soccer and Aussie rules, my chops aren't woeful, but i'd love to hear your explanations on how they are "horrible". Digimods is THE largest chopping community on the net, head over there for some "horrible" chops in the novice thread.

If i was looking to contract a brilliant, unknown artist / designer for a small business, I wouldn't give a naff if the bloke or gal couldn't spell a word or two - on a forum, if the work appeals to me, then all is good :cool:

Chopping is just another form of art, we are all individuals who love our cars, love things to do with the automotive industry and this is simply another branch of this passion we have. The way I have always seen it, chopping is a terrific hobby. It explores ones own creative idea's whilst striving to make yourself better in the plethora of factors that make each and every chop briliant in it's own respect. Imagination is defined differently by certain people, but saying that you have none by chopping is certainly a very broad comment. Hell, we have our own chop thread in UCP it was that popular at its peak.

MPower22
11-26-2006, 08:29 PM
like OMMGZZ fernando "alanso" didnt lyke da chevy so he traded it fer like a MUSTANG. omgzz omgz !!!!!!!!!!!oneone!!!!!one111!!!!!!!!and 2 all of the peeps that say they dont like it, i dont car because its ART!!! OMG. LOL. LMAO!
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/c8b3cb93e9.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info)
but really, this took me 7 minutes. i think i achieved the "art" look though. and mrdetroit, its not flattering.

The_Canuck
11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
lolz your arguing about chops. It's personal artwork for crying out loud!

MPower22
11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
its not an argument, its art. but im so glad that i evoked that emotion from you. like omgz.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-26-2006, 11:06 PM
OMFG, ....I know someone who M22 needs to get in touch with (see his "chop" attached) ...perhaps the 2 of you could start a NEW MOVEMENT in Chop Art ????....

I mean look you seem to have the SAME choice of colors & lack of sheer ability ...so maybe ya can call it "Folk Chops".

...Ya THINK ? (thats prob over your head too !!!):)

LOL, ..dude YOU cant even be ORIGINAL when casting an INSULT !!!....pathetic.

Rockefella
11-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Mrdetroitmetal is like a storm cloud. Every post/thread he makes leads to arguments/bashing.

Doug_Dread
11-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Alonso's REAL new ride.:p

http://www.dailyf1news.com/dailyf1news/nieuw/artikel.php?nwsID=2004

Soz, bride :D

MRDETROITMETAL
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Mrdetroitmetal is like a storm cloud. Every post/thread he makes leads to arguments/bashing.

Oh Plaese, ...it is the PICTURES that do it....I just speak my mind, but remember what I did say here..:

"ART creates contraversy by it's very nature, and originality in Art evokes that conflict More often than not, otherwise it is just imitation of the status quo.";)

Doug ...THAT is funny, ...great post !!!

MPower22
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
no no no, its not the PICTURES that do it. you are really missing the point here so quit flattering yourself. the thing that makes me the most angry is going to the chop section every day, hoping to see some fresh work and comments, and then being let down when mrdetroitmetal has flooded the section with yet another one of his pieces of "art." if you put all of your work into one thread to begin with, it would be easy to ignore, but when you post your "art" every 5 minutes, it gets annoying. and by the way, i dont think you got the joke about my latest piece of "art." look back over it again, maybe you will see some eerily familiar characteristics about that piece of work. and the picture you posted looks just like everthing else you've drawn, but hey, at least you didnt make a new thread for it like you've done with the rest of your "art." congratulations, that's improvement.

Rockefella
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh Plaese, ...it is the PICTURES that do it....I just speak my mind, but remember what I did say here..:

"ART creates contraversy by it's very nature, and originality in Art evokes that conflict More often than not, otherwise it is just imitation of the status quo.";)

OMG, enough with the art controversy stuff, seriously.

I used to chop a while back, and in my chop threads, along w/ every other members' chop threads, there was little to no controversy involved. Please stop being an art snob and lecturing me on how art is all controversial and what not, I've seen reiterrations of that point like 20+ times from you.

MPower22
11-26-2006, 11:56 PM
OMG, enough with the art controversy stuff, seriously.

I used to chop a while back, and in my chop threads, along w/ every other members' chop threads, there was little to no controversy involved. Please stop being an art snob and lecturing me on how art is all controversial and what not, I've seen reiterrations of that point like 20+ times from you.
can i shake your hand?

Rockefella
11-26-2006, 11:57 PM
can i shake your hand?
How quick can you get to Northern New Jersey?

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 12:02 AM
hey M, ...there ya go, Start your OWN movement, ....you got props....LOL,...go for it !!!

Just GET OFF MY CLOUD !!!

...& if ya think I am flooding the forum, STEP UP !!!
Dig ?
Sheez, I can BURY you with ONE eye CLOSED & both my hands tied behind my back !

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 12:12 AM
hey M, ...there ya go, Start your OWN movement, ....you got props....LOL,...go for it !!!

Just GET OFF MY CLOUD !!!

...& if ya think I am flooding the forum, STEP UP !!!
Dig ?
Sheez, I can BURY you with ONE eye CLOSED & both my hands tied behind my back !
Bury who? and why?

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 12:46 AM
...Just an experssion Man.

The guy Blows....& YOU wanna shake it wid him ???

Hmmmm.

Look it is NOT really a decent thing to do when somebody puts so much effort into attempting to "APE" what I do.

(and fails so badly, I WOULD BE IMPRESSED IF SOMEBODY ACTUALLY COULD STEP UP, BUT THEN I HAVE A CONTEST ON MY WEBSITE TO FIND EXACTLY THAT PERSON OR TWO WHO HAS THE REAL ABILITY TO DO SO !!)

Link Removed.

So therefore I feel justified in messing with 'em, of course that is THE BEST he can do anyway, & what he wants ...is just a little attention....so....
Who am I to deny him his 15 seconds of fame ???

Step UP or step OFF !!!

I'm gald to lend a hand, or two...LOL !!!

I mean you see what's happened here...ONE PICTURE starts all this.
& it is the most popular thread here !!!

WHY ?

Cuz it is ART, pal. That's what happens, it is NOT just me.
READ the posts here & LEARN from it.
I may make fun of it all, but it is no joke.

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 01:26 AM
...Just an experssion Man.
Right.

The guy Blows....& YOU wanna shake it wid him ???
Sure, why not..

Look it is NOT really a decent thing to do when somebody puts so much effort into attempting to "APE" what I do.
How the hell do you 'ape' something?

(and fails so badly, I WOULD BE IMPRESSED IF SOMEBODY ACTUALLY COULD STEP UP, BUT THEN I HAVE A CONTEST ON MY WEBSITE TO FIND EXACTLY THAT PERSON OR TWO WHO HAS THE REAL ABILITY TO DO SO !!)
First off, we have a chop comp, so your challenge is there. Second, you're spamming. Link removed.

Plus, StingrayStudios is a joke. There, I said it. I supported/defended you at first, but now.. I just got tired of your blabbering. It's just a website with a bunch of your average joe's photochops.

So therefore I feel justified in messing with 'em, of course that is THE BEST he can do anyway, & what he wants ...is just a little attention....so....
Who am I to deny him his 15 seconds of fame ???
What? You're losing me here..

Step UP or step OFF !!!
Chop Comp.

I'm gald to lend a hand, or two...LOL !!!
Towards what?

I mean you see what's happened here...ONE PICTURE starts all this.
& it is the most popular thread here !!!
Stop flattering yourself. It's not the most popular thread, and enough with the controversy in your art..

WHY ?

Cuz it is ART, pal. That's what happens, it is NOT just me.
READ the posts here & LEARN from it.
I may make fun of it all, but it is no joke.
Learn what? I can probably chop a car with as much, if not, more skill than you... and I haven't chopped a car in like a year.

BIGWORM_25
11-27-2006, 07:17 AM
and I must honestly say its starting to become evident that Mr Detroit misses the whole point of having this section.It is for CHOPS.....whatever his idea of a chop is appears NOT to be most everyone elses idea of a chop.He has continuously called his posts "art" and that it may be.However....they arent done with Photoshop they are done with a "more advanced harder to use ,better blah blah blah....."software.MOST...not all but MOST of his posts Ive seen on here and PhotoShopedUp have been blurry and lack reality.He says most members on here lack the skill he does in Alias and hand drawing, and sketching ,and basket weaving, and midget wrestling and....Yet he himself has yet to admit that most of his "chops" arent very well taken.I my self could care less if you can draw good or use a type of software than is mostly used for that type of thing.I, like many members on here ,want to see good quality,well thought out,CHOPS.Again as others have said and I agree...you can do what you want when you want where you want with whom ever you want but show us the courtesy we deserve and take time with your pictures.You may be talented in drawing and sketching and finger painting but in my opinion you cant chop worth a crap.As far as your "business" is concerned...Ive been to the site and I must say its art alright and it is definately subjective.Im glad for you that someone will pay for that kind of stuff other wise you might go hungry.And ....nevermind I was going to ask if your business is so succesful how do you have time to post SOOOOOOOOOOO many pictures........but you can do that when they are rushed.

By the way....Im not and noone is saying you have to use Photoshop to post pics of cars that have been modified....it just seems to work better.And is general used more to do this type of thing.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I understood all of that BEFORE I posted the FIRST picture here. My point is that I can & do create "CHOPS" with as much at least, detail and craft as most anyone else here, how or why I do is irrelevant basically. Your ability to see is really the question, as to what you see in each picture. I have posted extremely clear pictures here as well, if you choose to ignore that & focus on the more dynamic shots it's because they are different. The website has all of it, & not all of it by me either, hence the ONLY reason I put it up here, people who chop or draw cars of thier own don't really buy other guys pictures !...but the contest may be of interest to them. The audience for the studio work is much more broad based and for the most part the studio work is done for mass market individual buyers, specific custom car shops and corporate clients.

I only post stuff on fourms is as a guage for conceptual ideas.
The reactions vary greatly from fourm to fourm on the very same pictures, so while your individual opinions & comments are read by me with interest, it is the TOTAL sum of such remarks that allows me to fine tune the IDEAS.

Nuff said overall here, IMO. THX again for your time.

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I understood all of that BEFORE I posted the FIRST picture here. My point is that I can & do create "CHOPS" with as much at least, detail and craft as most anyone else here, how or why I do is irrelevant basically. Your ability to see is really the question, as to what you see in each picture. I have posted extremely clear pictures here as well, if you choose to ignore that & focus on the more dynamic shots it's because they are different.

Your 'clear' pictures were just an old chop that you ran the sharpen tool over in PS for a couple of seconds.

The website has all of it, & not all of it by me either, hence the ONLY reason I put it up here, people who chop or draw cars of thier own don't really buy other guys pictures !...but the contest may be of interest to them. The audience for the studio work is much more broad based and for the most part the studio work is done for mass market individual buyers, specific custom car shops and corporate clients.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on the corporate customers.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Rocky Dude ...you are BORING the SH*T OUTTA ME !~!!

I think this thread is dead. (like I care what YOU think ?)
Excuse me ...I have to go the BANK !!! , you can go to Daytona and SEE my corporate client work on display.

later when your hair's straighter...

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Rocky Dude ...you are BORING the SH*T OUTTA ME !~!!

I think this thread is dead. (like I care what YOU think ?)
Excuse me ...I have to go the BANK !!! , you can go to Daytona and SEE my corporate client work on display.

later when your hair's straighter...
Instead of wasting my money to travel to Daytona, Florida.. I'd like to see proof in this thread, since it's all bullshit and all.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
AHHHH,...rock PLEASE, I am tryin HARD NOT to embarass you !!!

IF you think your better at this than me ...enter the contest on my website and PROVE IT !!...heck if you win it ya get $100 CASH from me !!!

What MORE do you WANT ???

Oh, a picture...OK but remember, you asked for it
(thats $10,000 of work your looking at there !!!)...like it or not.

Quiggs
11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
This thread sucks.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
OMG ! speednine....LOL, BLITZ guess your now offically welcomed to MY ART CLUB !!!...LMAO.
(ever herad the one about guys waiting in line for trains ...cuz they thought it was "Brains"...)

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread sucks.

I agee.:p

speednine
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
and apparently you missed out on the Brain queue.

kingofthering
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
and apparently you missed out on the Brain queue.
Ownage.

MPower22
11-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Ownage.
mrdetroit is used to that by now.

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
AHHHH,...rock PLEASE, I am tryin HARD NOT to embarass you !!!

IF you think your better at this than me ...enter the contest on my website and PROVE IT !!...heck if you win it ya get $100 CASH from me !!!

What MORE do you WANT ???

Oh, a picture...OK but remember, you asked for it
(thats $10,000 of work your looking at there !!!)...like it or not.
Hmm, that's odd. Where's your little copyright/logo on those pics, I mean, you put that brand label on all of your other work.

kingofthering
11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
mrdetroit is used to that by now.
He must be a sadist, he comes back for more.

Coventrysucks
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Mr D-M, I do hope that none of your corporate clients see this thread, otherwise they may well be put off by the remarkably unprofessional attitude you display.

They also might wonder how you come to have so much time to engage in puerile banter when you could/should be working...

Businesses are built on reputations, and you seem to be doing a mighty fine job of muddying yours here.

I would also like to urge people not to submit any work for this "competition" without having a good look at the Terms and Conditions.

Not to imply anything underhand - but if the work is to be reproduced and sold on, it is a very good idea to know precisely where you stand on things such as copyright, royalties and other such matters.

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
BTW Detroit, how old are you?

MPower22
11-27-2006, 01:44 PM
BTW Detroit, how old are you?
lol he said he was 50, let me see if i can find the link...
edit, fount it:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29571
he says he's 52, yet his picture and behavior and language and, well, everything seem to imply that he is a teenager.

speednine
11-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Bingo!

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
lol he said he was 50, let me see if i can find the link...
edit, fount it:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29571
he says he's 52, yet his picture and behavior and language and, well, everything seem to imply that he is a teenager.
Really now..

Well, according to records he's technically 51. What's your exact birthdate MrD_M??

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
what is this ...50 questions ???

Do I get a prize at the end ???

The truth about me is PLAIN to see & I have left you exact links to it...my clients & sponsors are Laughing thier collective butts off at you all, cuz the MORE you banter, the MORE people come to my site, and the MORE money we make @!!!!

Keep at it !!!

OH, & THANK YOU !!!

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
what is this ...50 questions ???

Do I get a prize at the end ???

The truth about me is PLAIN to see & I have left you exact links to it...my clients & sponsors are Laughing thier collective butts off at you all, cuz the MORE you banter, the MORE people come to my site, and the MORE money we make @!!!!

Keep at it !!!

OH, & THANK YOU !!!
All you've shown me is a link to a website and a picture. I could of found that stuff on google.

Read this part clearly: I don't believe you because I find your art-work to be at too low of a level in order to be taken seriously.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Like I care ...I gotta go walk my Pitbull...see ya.

& for the BLIND amongst us here : GO TO my website !!!!

Enter the contest Rocky !!!...or just drop it.

Bob
11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Wow, a lot of you are wastes of server space. There might be 5 members on this site who could create a cleaner, more imaginative rendering than that. Big deal. Some of you are incredibly immature. Grow up and stop being snide little shits - or leave.
Most Valuable Post
Thread should be locked.

Coventrysucks
11-27-2006, 03:16 PM
& for the BLIND amongst us here

If you wish to advertise your company feel free to email Wouter regarding the advertising rates.

Rockefella
11-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Like I care ...I gotta go walk my Pitbull...see ya.

& for the BLIND amongst us here :

Enter the contest Rocky !!!...or just drop it.
I don't have time for your contest.

MRDETROITMETAL
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Then ...That's THAT.

show me your stuff on the comp here, & PLEASE somebody

LOCK THIS THREAD !!!

Tho it was FUN & it was REAL.

It ain't REAL FUN !!!!