PDA

View Full Version : Jag S-type replacement info

TVR IS KING
11-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Jag aims for XFactor
Jaguar has announced that its long-awaited replacement for the ageing S-Type will make its public debut next autumn.

Showing flagrant disregard for alphabetical convention, the Coventry firm's new saloon will be called the XF.

Jag's managing director Bibiana Boerio said: "The XF is a new sports saloon that will challenge people to think again about Jaguar as daring and different. If you like the XK, just wait until you see the new XF."

Such excitement and hype hides the fact that the XF will be made of steel rather than aluminium, like the XK and XJ.

This decision has been taken because it would delay the launch of the XF by up to two years to build it from the lighter material.

The S-Type has been a mixed success for Jaguar, taking it into competition with German rivals. It wasn't up to the job to begin with, but a major revision in 2002 saw the S-Type become the car it should have been since its launch.

However, the damage had been done by then and S-Type sales have not lived up to Jag's hopes, so the XF will be crucial to the firm's ailing fortunes when it goes on sale in spring 2008.

Let's just hope the XF has some of the flair of the RD-6 concept car shown in 2002.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1375/
Jaguar is yet to pull out something I can actually like. For me, the name brings to mind a rather boring company that tries to be prestige. The new XK changed my mind, that is a a nice car, I can only hope that this will be the same.

IBrake4Rainbows
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
XF.....jesus christ. Way to name it after a shitehouse falcon people :p

jediali
11-29-2006, 01:32 AM
XF.....jesus christ. Way to name it after a shitehouse falcon people :p
maybe its like a MG TF, just kidding

Ferrer
11-29-2006, 08:23 AM
I also think XF is a stupid name. Despite that I'm looking forward to it.