PDA

View Full Version : ...for Good Or Evil ?

MRDETROITMETAL
12-03-2006, 04:27 PM
There is only One Choice = Corvette.:cool: ;)

Mr.Tiv
12-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Were you trying to make it look like Carbon Composite?

Because you've only made it look like garbage.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-03-2006, 04:33 PM
NO...it was just a sticker wrap thing over the glass body, I would never change a corvette from fiberglass anyway.
That would be a Sin, ...LOL.

mclaren_crazy
12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
for ugly?

SupraMan22
12-03-2006, 04:54 PM
^^ im with you. Why is the blower coming out from between the hood and the windshield? What is that heap on the back of the car? And why is it so freaking blurry?

Mr.Tiv
12-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Anyone else think the front fascia looks as though it's been twisted?

SPHFerrari
12-03-2006, 05:21 PM
read this (http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm) thoroughly. spend more time on your chops and make it llook like it was more than a half-assed attempt.

baddabang
12-03-2006, 05:54 PM
You ruined the best car in the world. </3

Quiggs
12-03-2006, 05:59 PM
^^ im with you. Why is the blower coming out from between the hood and the windshield? What is that heap on the back of the car? And why is it so freaking blurry?
That makes it more "artistic." More like autistic.

You ruined the best car in the world. </3
x2.

12-03-2006, 06:14 PM
it is too ugly for human eyes!
Why do you keep posting super ugly chops here? Are you out to destroy this website's name?

Esperante
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Anyone else think the front fascia looks as though it's been twisted?
Everything looks like its twisted. Seriously this is so ****ed up I won't start.

adrenaline
12-03-2006, 10:50 PM
That is horrid.

Blitz_
12-03-2006, 11:15 PM
They just keep coming..

listen up..carefully

is that all carbon on the skirts, bottom lip on the front bumper etc?

If so, the weave is insanely too large, if you look at real carbon bonnets etc, at 2 or so metres away you can barely notice the weave, just parallel lines. Make the weave smaller, much smaller. The blower is positioned in the wrong place, its too close to the windshield and mis-proportioned.

There are random blurred and smudged parts all over the chop - both the background and car itself. The tread on the tired is overly large and lacks shadows. Furthermore the random lighting will is autrocious.

Im sorry, but this really is, in my opinion a terrible chop. Saying something good about it would make myself guilty of lying..

You have ruined the clarity of the original picture. How? You have mixed in low resolution parts with poor selction and implementation into the chop itself. The

DesmoRob
12-04-2006, 12:01 AM
If you follow the Vette's center hood line, you'll notice that you've placed the blower in front of the passenger side. Interesting idea you've got here, but I'm about to be sick so if you'll please excuse me....:D

MRDETROITMETAL
12-04-2006, 04:41 AM
THX ...but you all missed the point, it is just a fantasy painting, granted some constructive ideas were offered but DETAIL was not the objective here, just a wild ass corvette between good & evil, it is deliberately wacky.

Btw, the blower is in the right place, if ya ever owned a corvette the engine sits at your feet, and many race versions actually have moved it back further to under the windshield, esp in Drag racing cars, but it all is besides the point ...it is a symbolic sureal picture, from the Cross above to the devil below & it could even Be More Twisted, cuz Nothing is meant to be Real... just upsetting, guess I got that right huh ?
LOL, sorry I used you all for a test on this but like the dodge nitro commercial says;

"Perfect, thats just the reaction we were looking for "....& THX all.

SupraMan22
12-04-2006, 05:05 AM
are you absolutly cracked out?

MRDETROITMETAL
12-04-2006, 05:20 AM
are you absolutly cracked out?

LOL, ...NO MAN , I just do things differently for different reasons not to worry but Thanks for the concern just the same. ;)

Blitz_
12-04-2006, 05:43 AM
THX ...but you all missed the point, it is just a fantasy painting, granted some constructive ideas were offered but DETAIL was not the objective here, just a wild ass corvette between good & evil, it is deliberately wacky.

Btw, the blower is in the right place, if ya ever owned a corvette the engine sits at your feet, and many race versions actually have moved it back further to under the windshield, esp in Drag racing cars, but it all is besides the point ...it is a symbolic sureal picture, from the Cross above to the devil below & it could even Be More Twisted, cuz Nothing is meant to be Real... just upsetting, guess I got that right huh ?
LOL, sorry I used you all for a test on this but like the dodge nitro commercial says;

Seriously though, looking from that, if you didn't put your title as Good or evil I would have thought you had been with Mel Gibson on a drunken crawl..stumbled home and did this chop.

BIGWORM_25
12-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Gets my vote for the most realistic snake skin ground effects ever!!!

johnnynumfiv
12-04-2006, 08:21 AM

In the C5 generation(which you chopped) the engine isn't under the cowl at all. So the blower would actually be more forward. This is true also in C3 corvette also. I don't know about other generations, because I haven't worked on them.

Gtek-i
12-04-2006, 08:26 AM
no offense...but I could chop better than that...and what's with you and cf?

Vaigra
12-04-2006, 08:28 AM
haha challenged by gtek-i!!
This I HAVE to see!

adrenaline
12-04-2006, 08:34 AM

You are strange.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM

Well OK, get on it then...Show me.
Pick your Corvette, any corvette...I will take you on that.;)

MPower22
12-04-2006, 05:00 PM
OH MY GOOD LORD, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE INSULT...listen to this guy mrdetroit, look at his chops. gteki just gained a fragment of respect from me.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I know ...but i like his z car post so why not lets do a corvette...just fer fun ?

SPHFerrari
12-04-2006, 06:46 PM
ok, im not expert chopper, i havent done a chop in at least a year, but after seeing this thread i thought i would give it a quick go to show you how a little patience and hard work can result in a nice chop. i didnt do anything crazy with this, i only spent 30 mins, but as you can see, theres no blurry lines, no rediculous reflections, etc. i know it isnt your "style" but i dont see what makes your chops surreal, or artistic, and not just bad. sorry.

Vaigra
12-04-2006, 08:22 PM
gteki just gained a fragment of respect from me.ok, I wouldn't go that far...

MPower22
12-04-2006, 08:28 PM
ok, I wouldn't go that far...
yeah i got a little excited. i kinda revoke that statement

digitalcraft
12-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Honestly, I could do better, but I'm on a laptop using the touchpad, kinda hard to make anything straight! :(

Blitz_
12-05-2006, 04:08 AM
yeow.

start: 7:02pm

finish 7:52pm

pays to spend a little more time on chops doesnt it ;)

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=221667&stc=1&d=1165320481

MRDETROITMETAL
12-05-2006, 04:12 PM
ALL r nice enough, but lacking a conceptual base compared to my picture ,,,but then it is apples to oranges & BTW that good or evil "artchop" took well over 5-6 hours to do too....as i said it is alot of work to get that "special look", ...lol. It is NOT as easy as some of you think here to do this INTENTIONALLY, I just finished up a 40 picture videomusic file, and that is the real showcase for this type of picture, the cars come alive !!!

anyway heres another C7 concept from the same pix you all seemed to use , I did this a while back !
"...put on your eyeshades, put in your earplugs and ya know where to put the cork. "
- The Who from "Tommy"

Esperante
12-05-2006, 04:38 PM
that good or evil "artchop" took well over 5-6 hours to do too
Holy crap. I thought you were wasting our time with it.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-05-2006, 04:59 PM
NO Esp,,,,I am Dead Serious about it.
But I do like to have a good time too...LOL.

(Shit I been here fer hours, hey somebody tell that girl she can get up off her knees from under my desk now !..!!)

Esperante
12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
NO Esp,,,,I am Dead Serious about it.
But I do like to have a good time too...LOL.
I just don't understand why you would spend 5 hours creating something that you think is high grade and then **** it up to make it appear as if it was a throwaway, 20 minute picture for the sake of making a 'style.'

(Shit I been here fer hours, hey somebody tell that girl she can get up off her knees from under my desk now !..!!)
Haha, your witty and insightful down to earth prose has won me over, you sonofagan!

MRDETROITMETAL
12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I just don't understand why you would spend 5 hours creating something that you think is high grade and then **** it up to make it appear as if it was a throwaway, 20 minute picture for the sake of making a 'style.'

Haha, your witty and insightful down to earth prose has won me over, you sonofagan!

LOL...& THX, welcome to the club.
Hey &... I dont see ANY BS comments about the AURA Quad wagon either, huh ?....its boring & too easy to to for me, thats why I "****up" my pictures !!!...LOL.

( will you please get her off my leg ! )

Esperante
12-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey &... I dont see ANY BS comments about the AURA Quad wagon either, huh ?....its boring & too easy to to for me, thats why I "****up" my pictures !!!...LOL.
And yet you didn't **** up the Aura.

No, seriously, stop.

Blitz_
12-05-2006, 05:41 PM
ALL r nice enough, but lacking a conceptual base compared to my picture ,,,but then it is apples to oranges & BTW that good or evil "artchop" took well over 5-6 hours to do too....as i said it is alot of work to get that "special look", ...lol. It is NOT as easy as some of you think here to do this INTENTIONALLY, I just finished up a 40 picture videomusic file, and that is the real showcase for this type of picture, the cars come alive !!!

anyway heres another C7 concept from the same pix you all seemed to use , I did this a while back !
"...put on your eyeshades, put in your earplugs and ya know where to put the cork. "
- The Who from "Tommy"

Conceptual base? I based my picture upon a future turbocharged vette' with minor mods and a emphasis on clarity, something that is welcomed in the auto design world. If you were to take your chops over to an auto design forum that wouldn't bother with commenting because of the lack of the basic elements of clarity, tidy and clean cut work and an overal presentation that appeals to the automotive world.

Btw, where is the C7 concept??

SPHFerrari
12-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Ok, first off, i feel that to each his own, if this is what makes you happy, then by all means continue. but, i would like to share my perspective, one that i think is shared by a lot of us here.

You keep telling us you are trying to create a work of art, something that is more meaningful than just a technically well-executed modification of a car. This is a great concept, i think the idea is good, but you really arent pulling it off. I look at your "artchops" and I see a basic lack of art fundamentals. I do not see something with any emotional impact or any big new concept. What is this supposed to mean to us? Have you ever taken an art course or explored a different medium? Maybe you should try painting, or at least drawing, some of your very imaginative images. Having a base in fundamental art skills such as drawing, composition, color study, is a REQUIRMENT to be accepted into any major art program throughout the world, no matter what your chosen medium is, and it is really a prerequisite for anyone who strives to be an artist.

I dont see any training in these foundation skills in your peices. To me, it simply looks like a hastily done, ill-thought out chop. Yes, i know this "look" is part of your artistic style, but there is a fine line between a peice that is surreal and one that is just sloppy, and honestly, youve crossed it.

And what conceptual base does your car have? All it has are some (sloppily) smoothed body panels and a lot of carbon fiber. From an art standpoint there is no meaning to this image. What are we supposed to take away from this as casual observers. Meaningful, and successful, art relates to other people and sparks emotion inside of them. This does neither. And, from an automotive design standpoint, most of your modifications to the car are pointless, seemingly just there for the sake of having big rims and carbon fiber all over.

If this is what you want to do, then please take some art courses, learn the basic skills, and keep working on it. However, to be honest, I have trouble beleiving that you have had commercial success with these images, and I find it hard to beleive this could have taken 5 hours.

Im not trying to be an asshole is thats what it comes off as. But, I think you need a harsh reality check if you plan to go anywhere with this art.

kingofthering
12-05-2006, 08:46 PM

It's the only chop that's worth a damn.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Conceptual base? I based my picture upon a future turbocharged vette' with minor mods and a emphasis on clarity, something that is welcomed in the auto design world. If you were to take your chops over to an auto design forum that wouldn't bother with commenting because of the lack of the basic elements of clarity, tidy and clean cut work and an overal presentation that appeals to the automotive world.

Btw, where is the C7 concept??

Wel ur wrong AGAIN. I was taught & inspired into Automobile Art by Chuck Jordan, head of GM Design on the estethics of this disipline & George Barris "The King of the Customizers" who was a friend of my family...so I guess I fall somewhere inbetween those 2 extremes, it is just who I am.
;)
Sorry I thought the C7 concept loaded up already , here it is...:

MRDETROITMETAL
12-05-2006, 08:58 PM
NOW...what was it you were spittin out ???

& SPHFerrari...SIX years of Fine Arts college training,...25 years of professional work in entertainment media arts, & dont worry about my seeing you as an asshole....I could draw THAT in the dark !...lol.

Not only have I crossed the line, I have drawn a new one on the ground for you to cross, If ya can.

johnnynumfiv
12-05-2006, 09:14 PM

& SPHFerrari...SIX years of Fine Arts college training,...25 years of professional work in entertainment media arts, & dont worry about my seeing you as an asshole....I could draw THAT in the dark !...lol.

Not only have I crossed the line, I have drawn a new one on the ground for you to cross, If ya can.

You don't show your training and experience at all in your artwork. Seriously.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
You don't show your training and experience at all in your artwork. Seriously.

I mean this in a positive manner...neither do you.:eek:

lol, look for more than the obvious johnny, it IS there.:D

johnnynumfiv
12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
I mean this in a positive manner...neither do you.:eek:

lol, look for more than the obvious johnny, it IS there.:D

Check for some of my drawing threads. For taking one art class in highschool, I'm not too bad.

But we'll see how well my artwork is once I start painting cars for a living.:cool:

MRDETROITMETAL
12-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Check for some of my drawing threads. For taking one art class in highschool, I'm not too bad.

But we'll see how well my artwork is once I start painting cars for a living.:cool:

Post up some of yur best drawings here for me I would very much like to see wat you can do with JUST a pencil & paper. So will you be painting pictures on cars ...or just painting cars?...lol, jus kiddin...drawing is the start :

johnnynumfiv
12-05-2006, 10:20 PM
This is my last drawing I did in may, which I never really finished.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=221789&stc=1&d=1165382164
Done about 2 years ago:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95800&d=1110314050
Made about an hour or two after the release of the F430:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44510&d=1093378306

I will be painting cars, as in in the paint booth with a spray gun. Also doing custom airbrushing and custom paint jobs.

Jack_Bauer
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Please resize your pics to 800x600 or less if posting inline. :)

johnnynumfiv
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
No you.

Blitz_
12-06-2006, 01:52 AM

I call bs! no one who has SIX years of fine arts can draw that bad! oh cmon, I can draw better than you with just a few years of art classes in high school, and slack classes at that :D

...as i was spitting out. THe concept you did of the 'vette is also crap. Its a mix and match of copy and pasted parts with blurry parts, parts with low opacity (i can see the rear tyre through some metal!

The roof selection is smudy, poorly selected and lacks clairty

score? 4 / 10. Sorry for being so self loathing right now, but that doesnt even touch what I did in 50 or so minutes. Your "concept" looks worse than the original vette..

"taught & inspired into Automobile Art by Chuck Jordan, head of GM Design"

..tell him that he isn't much of a teacher. GM cars look like shite anyway, ill take a homegrown falcon or commodore over a GM stablemate anyday thankyou.

johnnynumfiv's sketches are twice the "artwork" than your uploaded sketches of cars - which have unsteady lines which shows somebody has an unsteady hand. Conceptual automotive sketches should have well defined lines that are clean, have the same thickness and are clean - something ALL sketchers with at least half a year of experience should know..

Esperante
12-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Post up some of yur best drawings here for me I would very much like to see wat you can do with JUST a pencil & paper. So will you be painting pictures on cars ...or just painting cars?...lol, jus kiddin...drawing is the start :
I'm only 16 but I can confidently say that I have expressed my own emotions through my own art as truthfully as I intended, instead of having to through Photoshop filters over a picture of a Corvette and having to bullshit the rest. The last pen/ink/graphite drawing took somewhere about 8 hours to complete, won me two awards and $170. I really hate having to brag, but your belligerence really urges it.

[As well, I really wish I had a higher resolution photograph of the painting, oh wait, the blur is what I call EMOTION, something you'll never understand because you keep your eyes CLOSED]

Esperante
12-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Oh, by the way, your Corvette concept is eerily similar to a Ferrari Dino concept you uploaded over on CDN...
http://forums.cardesignnews.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/8541005862/inlineimg/Y/dino8600.jpg

jediali
12-06-2006, 08:01 AM
this is art too

SupraMan22
12-06-2006, 01:56 PM
i would post my art on here but out scanner is broke. I'm a junior in high school and ive already had 2 art classes. Graphic design and art for 2 years. Next year i get to take a college art class. I've won money in the 1 and only contest ive entered. (it was 45 $ but hey when your 15 its alot :D) I will try to get some stuff up here though. I prolly have 20 cars ive drawn. :cool:

MRDETROITMETAL
12-06-2006, 03:22 PM
sounds good ...looks decent Keep on it all, you are going in the right direction
& here's wat I did when I was 15 too...
well 13 -16 I did these ya can see the dates 1970 & all :

When I was a kid I sold my paintings for 50 bucks apeice,
today at 50 years old I get 3000 apeice,
and that is not really alot of money for a artwork,
but it seems to me I have earned that at least.

kingofthering
12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
ok, I bet I can do better than you. I did that in Chinese. Took 4-5 minutes.

DesmoRob
12-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Esperante, those pieces you made look phenomenal.

The_Canuck
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah those sketches of houses/aparments are amazing...

Esperante
12-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks! They got me a summer internship at a reputable architecture firm last year.

digitalcraft
12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Sorry to interrupt your uh.. e-brush measuring contest, but you should settle this in the weekly chop competition! :D

Esperante
12-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Sorry to interrupt your uh.. e-brush measuring contest, but you should settle this in the weekly chop competition! :D
It already was. Check the poll results...

digitalcraft
12-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Not in this weeks!

MRDETROITMETAL
12-06-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah this is cool, I think more of you should post up your drawing works here too !!! You all seem to be nuch better educated on the disipline than many others, and it is a pleasure to discuss your ideas and view your works.

Blitz_
12-06-2006, 11:17 PM
sounds good ...looks decent Keep on it all, you are going in the right direction
& here's wat I did when I was 15 too...
well 13 -16 I did these ya can see the dates 1970 & all :

When I was a kid I sold my paintings for 50 bucks apeice,
today at 50 years old I get 3000 apeice,
and that is not really alot of money for a artwork,
but it seems to me I have earned that at least.

oh gawd, people bought stuff like that?

..seems like alot of people DO smoke crack

Quiggs
12-06-2006, 11:33 PM
http://unangelic.org/stupidlogic/uploads/rickjames.jpg

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...