PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Tractor

herojan
12-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Maybe everyone knows the world famous car-Lamborghini:D ,but does everyone know its another machine Tractor?:confused: Can anyone give some details about Lamborghini Tractor?Thanks a lot.:p

Rockefella
12-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Maybe everyone knows the world famous car-Lamborghini:D ,but does everyone know its another machine Tractor?:confused: Can anyone give some details about Lamborghini Tractor?Thanks a lot.:p
I believe there's a thread about it on here somewhere..

jorismo
12-04-2006, 02:59 AM
All I can tell you as that I have driven one in Germany. I believe they actually are a bit more powerful than the ordinary tractors...

Rockefella
12-04-2006, 03:02 AM
I believe they actually are a bit more powerful than the ordinary tractors...
Meh, a tractor is a tractor. :)

herojan
12-04-2006, 03:08 AM
jorismo,you are so lucky to drive the Lamborghini Tractor,I havent seen one with my own eyes recently.

herojan
12-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Yes,a tractor is a tractor,but the tractor is a different one. :D

jorismo
12-04-2006, 03:12 AM
I believe I have some pics of it somewhere... But they aren't what you call 'digital'. I'll see if I can scan them in...

herojan
12-04-2006, 03:18 AM
I believe I have some pics of it somewhere... But they aren't what you call 'digital'. I'll see if I can scan them in...
NP,everything related to the tractor is OK.Thank U fist.

TVR IS KING
12-04-2006, 04:00 AM
As always, Google has an abundance:
http://static.flickr.com/38/105685038_a88b28b62f.jpg
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/italian-cars/images/Lamboghini_traktor.jpg
http://www.adendekker.nl/images/lamborghini.jpg

jorismo
12-04-2006, 04:03 AM
The one I drove looks like the one in the 2nd pic only a bit more older I think...

go.pawel
12-04-2006, 04:08 AM
The Lamborghini tractors had been owned by Ferruccio Lamborghini only until 1972, when he sold it to italian Same Co. So nowadays the Lambo tractors have nothing to do with the Lambo cars, (apart from common name and logo of course). It's actually much easier to find a Lambo tractor than a Lambo car, because tractors' production is over 10,000 units per year :D

Here's their website: http://www.samedeutz-fahr.com/lamborghini/
And some brief history of Lamborghini tractors: http://www.lambocars.com/tra/model.htm

Bentley_GT
12-04-2006, 04:14 AM
Ferruccio Lamborghini was one of the richest men in Itali. He collected cars and one day his Ferrari broke down and he went to Enzo Ferrari and complained. Enzo told him that he could "go to hell" and thats when he decided to build a sportscar better then Ferrari.

herojan
12-04-2006, 04:19 AM
So Cool...

McReis
12-04-2006, 04:22 AM
The story started with tractors. Old Lamborghini tractors are actually rather common.

Ferruccio Lamborghini was one of the richest men in Itali. He collected cars and one day his Ferrari broke down and he went to Enzo Ferrari and complained. Enzo told him that he could "go to hell" and thats when he decided to build a sportscar better then Ferrari.
At least it's how the fairy tale goes...

ruim20
12-04-2006, 06:15 AM
At least it's how the fairy tale goes...

So... how does the real story goes?

F1_Master
12-04-2006, 06:22 AM
That's the story of the automobiles, not the tractors. He made so much money from them because he started taking apart old WWII trucks, using their engines, and selling them for "cheap" because, as you may know, Italy was part of the Axis Powers during WWII, and most Italians were left poor afterwards.

I'm much more interested in wines he produced though than the tractors.

McReis
12-04-2006, 06:24 AM
So... how does the real story goes?
One day he was doing work in his farm and said to himself: damn this tractor is slow! And then he built a V12 engine. Everything else came as upgrades to the tractor. All in name of modern agriculture. That explains the nonsense scissor doors: they were made to cut off cereals and tree brunchees. :D:D:D

herojan
12-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Maybe we can call them "monster",because they not only are really powerful but also can do anything.:p

Timothy (in VA)
12-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Lamborghini tractors in the Hide-Out: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19383 :)

ruim20
12-04-2006, 07:57 AM
One day he was doing work in his farm and said to himself: damn this tractor is slow! And then he built a V12 engine. Everything else came as upgrades to the tractor. All in name of modern agriculture. That explains the nonsense scissor doors: they were made to cut off cereals and tree brunchees. :D:D:D

LMAO! :D

Pretty handy for cutting! :D

dydzi
12-04-2006, 08:28 AM
actually the first lambo i've seen was a tractor, at the lambo (tractor) dealership (there are quite few of them in poland)

i heard the opinion of the fellow farmer that they're said to be powerful, but electronics are too complicated and tends to break down

still, even though lambo tractors are famous, not many know about porsche tractors ;)

herojan
12-05-2006, 02:51 AM
actually the first lambo i've seen was a tractor, at the lambo (tractor) dealership (there are quite few of them in poland)

i heard the opinion of the fellow farmer that they're said to be powerful, but electronics are too complicated and tends to break down

still, even though lambo tractors are famous, not many know about porsche tractors ;)
Porsche Tracter?I really havent heard that before.Is it as powerful as the lambo tractor?

McReis
12-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Porsche Tracter?I really havent heard that before.Is it as powerful as the lambo tractor?
Why do you care? are you planning to plough your land? :)

herojan
12-05-2006, 06:41 AM
If I own one just one,that will be perfect.:D

csl177
12-05-2006, 07:36 AM

Not as powerful, but pretty cool little diesel. Very collectible to Porschephiles.:) http://www.912registry.org/images/events/autofest/autofest2271.jpg

icebergstu
12-05-2006, 11:10 PM
The story is that Lambo made tractors b4 he made cars & the only reason he made cars is because his mate Ferrari's cars were too racy and he wanted to make a smooth soft version!
Thats what I heard anyway.
Drove a Lambo Tractor for 2 years in a vineyard. It was white and had an Alpine stereo.

McReis
12-06-2006, 04:21 AM
It was white and had an Alpine stereo.
Now, that's a groovy farming! :D

El Toro Furioso
12-06-2006, 03:04 PM

yet this tractor is also an exotic that a redneck can also own :D

El Toro Furioso
12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
The story is that Lambo made tractors b4 he made cars & the only reason he made cars is because his mate Ferrari's cars were too racy and he wanted to make a smooth soft version!
Thats what I heard anyway.
Drove a Lambo Tractor for 2 years in a vineyard. It was white and had an Alpine stereo.

i also heard that it was cause he wanted to make a car that was better more reliable ie strong as bulls, cause his ferraris kept breaking down, thats resonable :D

Waugh-terfall
12-06-2006, 03:27 PM
I want a Lamborghini R8