PDA

View Full Version : Petroleum Crisis

herojan
12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
I just heard that the petroleum can be used for about 30 years.:confused: Have you ever learnt that and what do u think?Anyway maybe there are more and more resources which can replace the petrol.;)

Quiggs
12-05-2006, 11:51 PM
We need to grow more dinosaurs so we can kill them and put their corpses under high heat and pressure.

It's a good thing my car runs on snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

drakkie
12-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Let me clear up a small mistake first :) It is not the petrol that runs out,it is the crude oil it is prduced from.

Anyway, I think the only way it can be lengthened is by using stuff like frying fat to drive on. All natural,it just smells odd out of the exhaust :) Perhaps in a far future of say 20 years fuel cells are cheap enough to produce.

But the shortage isnt car's fault. Cars only use about 10% of crude oil. Industrial (steel plants) and power plants use up a lot as well. Also for the production of plastics,oil is needed. These add up to a much bigger usage. I think that if we stop using plastics,it would be a really good start :)

icebergstu
12-06-2006, 12:56 AM
They said oil was going to run out in 1975 and Im still waiting!! They just do it to justify putting the price up to keep the shareholders happy. What else can they do? Gotta make billion dollar profits to show how big your d__k is!!! Too bad for the starving billions around the world that have no choice but to drink sewer water just to stay alive!!!

Rockefella
12-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Too bad for the starving billions around the world that have no choice but to drink sewer water just to stay alive!!!
Welcome to life in New Jersey.

acfsambo
12-06-2006, 02:10 AM
The prediction in the 70's was done on the known reserves, but they hav found more since then.

fpv_gtho
12-06-2006, 02:22 AM
Perhaps in a far future of say 20 years fuel cells are cheap enough to produce.

I'd imagine they would be, or pretty damn close to it. If not, theres always hydrogen IC engines and alcohol to fall back on for cars.

henk4
12-06-2006, 02:39 AM
The prediction in the 70's was done on the known reserves, but they hav found more since then.

Chavez will supply the world:D

Niko_Fx
12-06-2006, 03:25 AM
Chavez will supply the world:D

Don't even mention the a$$h*le's name!!

henk4
12-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Don't even mention the a$$h*le's name!!

well i guess it is one of his missiones...