PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 pictures leaked

go.pawel
12-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Seems the guys at Fiat have some problem with industrial espionage :D Less than a month ago we were able to see the FIAT group's production plans until 2010 on a slide from presentation for investors. Today we get a whole bunch of slides from an internal presentation showing the production version of the new Fiat 500 and many accessories prepared for this car.
Unfortunately no hi-res pics, but it's top secret stuff, right? :)

Matt
12-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Awww, i'm disappointed in the profile. It's not upright enough. It looks like every other tiny hatch.

go.pawel
12-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Fiat 500 #2

go.pawel
12-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Fiat 500 #3

Ferrer
12-06-2006, 12:24 PM
In my opinion it's looking good. It can't come soon enough...

:Exige:
12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Is it me, or is that rear-profile a spitting image of the Ford KAs?
http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/ka_03/0primera/med/10.jpg

go.pawel
12-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Is it me, or is that rear-profile a spitting image of the Ford KAs?

The new Ford Ka will be Fiat 500's sibling and both will be produced in the same factory in Poland. So prolly Ford wanted the new Ka similar in overall shape to the old one and that's why the 500 is also similar.

digitalcraft
12-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Personally, I'm not very impressed with Fiat.

Mr.Tiv
12-06-2006, 12:49 PM
I once stumbled upon a Fiat 500 with a mid-mounted Lancia V6. Needless, to say it's the coolest Fiat I've ever seen/heard of. This one's not bad either, but it could be cool to see one converted to mid-engine rear drive-just for kicks and giggles.

NSXType-R
12-06-2006, 02:30 PM
God that is ugly.

I can hear the purists yelling already. :D

Mr.Tiv
12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
God that is ugly.
It's not that bad. I think bland would be a more appropriate word.

Gardin
12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I think it's cool, even though I shouldn't.... I want one anyway!!!

ScionDriver
12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Its kind of cute. Its not groundbreaking or anything but it isn't too bad.

digitalcraft
12-06-2006, 03:19 PM
yeah, but you drive a scion

DesmoRob
12-06-2006, 04:34 PM
I think it looks nice. I wouldn't mind owning one. Good on gas I'd imagine.

Ferrer
12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I think it looks nice. I wouldn't mind owning one. Good on gas I'd imagine.
Imagine a lighter and more aerodinamic Panda and you're probably close. And when it'll have the 900cc twin it could be amazing.

ruim20
12-06-2006, 06:23 PM
After all the hipe and prototypes i'm a bit disapointed, the extras look good enought, lets see what it really looks like when it comes out.

Ingolstadt
12-06-2006, 06:47 PM
oh my, why they dropped the profile to make it "sleeker" and "sportier" where it's suppose to look cute and sexy??

h00t_h00t
12-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Imagine a lighter and more aerodinamic Panda and you're probably close. And when it'll have the 900cc twin it could be amazing.
Judging by current trends this car will probably weigh well over a ton, 900cc won't drive the heaters :p

Jack_Bauer
12-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Judging by current trends this car will probably weigh well over a ton, 900cc won't drive the heaters :p
Well the current Panda weighs just under a ton, and the 500 should be a smaller car so I'd reckon somewhere in the region of 900-950kg would be about right.

Ferrer
12-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I think exactly what Jack said, and the 900cc engine will have up to 120bhp. (And it will be smaller than current engines).

LandQuail
12-07-2006, 05:43 PM
yeah, but you drive a scion

BOO-YA!

Oh, mercy, that one gets me every time... LOL, WTF, OMG.

Yeah, I agree that the new cinquecenquicenininto (500) looks too run-of-the-mill. Maybe they'll improve it with a Jolly version. (*snicker to myself then feel like a big Gaylord for having to communicate it this way.)

IBrake4Rainbows
12-09-2006, 04:02 AM
These photos make me a sad panda.

Retro front mixed with average back. pfft. <waves goodbye to Fiat.>

hercmostar
12-09-2006, 04:32 AM
From my point of view, it looks like the manufacturers have run it into a wall already.

The front end looks like a Asian's nose! (I'm not pointing this at anyone)

QuattroMan
12-09-2006, 06:26 PM
i wish it did no leak nasty looking car,please seal it back :D

Ingolstadt
12-09-2006, 07:00 PM
This, is still nicer :

http://www.carbodydesign.com/concept-cars/2004-02-12-fiat-trepiuno/2.jpg
http://www.carbodydesign.com/concept-cars/2004-02-12-fiat-trepiuno/3.jpg
http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2006/05/09-500-days-to-the-fiat-500/Fiat-Cinquecento-trepiuno-concept-lg.jpg

Mr.Tiv
12-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Please attach those. They are too big. I know it's not really my place to correct you, but it bothers me.

PerfAdv
12-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Looks pretty good in these large pics, you can see some of the details that'll make it special. Nice. :)

LandQuail
12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
So I guess the design old Ingolstadt posted was canned in favor of the more pedestrian design...

Thanks Fiat. I guess we deserved that one.

Mr.Tiv
12-09-2006, 07:33 PM
So I guess the design old Ingolstadt posted was canned in favor of the more pedestrian design...

We deserve to never get it in this country. Apparently people don't realize that Americans can appreciate small cars.

LandQuail
12-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Not in the South, they can't. Here in Arkansas it snows once, maybe twice a year, and roads are seldom hazardous for more than a few hours. Still, most people here say they have to have a 4x4 truck or SUV because they drive better on snow. I don't know how this whole SUV thing got started, but it's kept the American auto industry afloat for nearly a decade. Even the Japs figured out Americans will pay $30,000-plus to drive a piece of agricultural equipment if you slap leather seating for seven in it.

herojan
12-10-2006, 01:34 AM
COOL&QUTE :D The key is fantastic...

Ferrer
12-10-2006, 07:56 AM

The problem is that cars have to comply with regulations in order to ge homologated, and therefore sold to the public. That's why concept cars change with the transition from the motorshow to the showroom.

Of course there might be other reasons, like packaging, building costs, etc...

Ferrer
03-20-2007, 03:29 AM
What appear to be official pics, from Autopareri.

IBrake4Rainbows
03-20-2007, 03:32 AM
I.......Like it. not love, but like.

I think that's going to be the difference - we'll see how many people "love" this car.

2ndclasscitizen
03-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Kinda cool. I don't mind it. Now bring on an Abarth http://www.netrider.net.au/forums/images/smiles/icon_twisted.gif

I can see that design going very as well as a chic fashion accessory car.

Ferrer
03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Video (http://213.215.221.16/Fiat_500_Premiere/500_Premiere_full_ENG.swf)

Street_Dreamer
03-21-2007, 03:02 AM
i love the final one, and am definitely looking forward to the Abarth. The interior of that car is beautiful, the car looks wicked and the Abarth is sure to be a great car to drive and to look at (going on the Fiat Panda 100HPs form).

P.S. Anybody got any High-res pics coming up?

Ferrer
03-21-2007, 03:33 AM
P.S. Anybody got any High-res pics coming up?
Yes wait a sec and I'll make the thread for the hideout. ;)

Street_Dreamer
03-21-2007, 03:46 AM
Yes wait a sec and I'll make the thread for the hideout. ;)
Thanks Ferrer! :D

TVR IS KING
03-21-2007, 04:40 AM
"Fiat 500: If it doesn't make you smile, you do'nt have a heartbeat!" (http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1703/)
A bit like a LocoRoco (http://img2.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/64/50/ME0000645048_2.jpg) really.
More pics.
It looks like a nice little car, but not overly exciting. It's a shame really.
I could however get excited over the interior...

-What-
03-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I do not understand why Euros like these small cars. This is trash.

The world lags behind America in auto enthusiasm. There are reasons we won't accept this.

IBrake4Rainbows
03-21-2007, 10:52 PM

give me one US car with the character and charisma of this car, for less than $20,000 US new. then you can talk.

Cyco
03-21-2007, 11:06 PM
There are reasons we won't accept this.

Unfortunately they all have to do with stupidity.

TVR IS KING
03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
I do not understand why Euros like these small cars. This is trash.

The world lags behind America in auto enthusiasm. There are reasons we won't accept this.
America lags behind the world in auto excitism. :P
They like them because they're economical. They save lots of fuel, they are easy to park, easy to drive down narrow one way streets...
You American idiots wouldn't know anything about saving money though would you.

Cyco
03-22-2007, 01:12 AM
America lags behind the world in auto excitism. :P
They like them because they're economical. They save lots of fuel, they are easy to park, easy to drive down narrow one way streets...
You American idiots wouldn't know anything about saving money though would you.

What are you trying to say in this post?

That Americans like cheap cars, or that they don't?

Not sure if that makes you the idiot, or not.

-What-
03-22-2007, 01:53 AM

give me one US car with the character and charisma of this car, for less than $20,000 US new. then you can talk.

I'll give you two with more charisma/character...however subjective those categories may be.

Pontiac Solstice.
Dodge SRT-4.

Wouter Melissen
03-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Have you ever been to Europe?

LandQuail
03-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Don't get me started on the SRT/4...

IBrake4Rainbows
03-22-2007, 03:50 AM
I'll give you two with more charisma/character...however subjective those categories may be.

Pontiac Solstice.
Dodge SRT-4.

So, you counter my statement with an underdesigned, over-fanboyed, machine that can come standard with a three speed (!) automatic, and a car that was designed in 18 months (and not in a good way?)

I bid you good day sir.

-What-
03-22-2007, 04:00 AM
So, you counter with a machine that can come standard with a three speed automatic?

Are you seriously trying to "downgrade" a car because of its options? Hello! It's an OPTION. How many people do you really think has the 3-speed.

You'd rather the Fiat 500 over the Pontiac Solstice?

IBrake4Rainbows
03-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Yes.

One has a glovebox.

Cyco
03-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Are you seriously trying to "downgrade" a car because of its options? Hello! It's an OPTION. How many people do you really think has the 3-speed.

You seriously expect us to believe that a automotive enthusiasts countries shining example of a charismatic car would even consider a 3 speed?

Wouter Melissen
03-22-2007, 04:21 AM
You'd rather the Fiat 500 over the Pontiac Solstice?
In any major city in Europe; YES.

Ferrer
03-22-2007, 06:05 AM

Pontiac Solstice.
Dodge SRT-4.
I can't believe you've just said that.

Pando
03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Come on What, you used to be quite funny from time to time. Now you are just funny in a sad way.

h00t_h00t
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
"This is the new Fiat 500, due to be officially launched to the public on 4 July, exactly 50 years after the original was unveiled.

Based on the mechanicals of the current Panda – but longer, wider and lower – Fiat has kept the styling very close to that of the Trepiuno concept shown at the 2004 Geneva show. It will be built in Poland at the Tychy factory, and will share its platform with the forthcoming new Ford Ka.

The new car abandons the ‘mobility for all’ principles of the original to tackle the style-led market so ably tapped by the current Mini. To that end, it seems we won’t get the most basic versions in the UK such as the 1.2 litre car, with prices over here starting at £11,000 when it goes on sale next January. In Europe, the 500 will be available from around £8,000.

According to Autocar magazine, a 155bhp 1.4 litre turbo Abarth model will be available. Said to follow the hardcore principles applied to all future Abarth models, this 500 will feature a new transmission, upgraded chassis and extensive body modifications.

So is this the latest fad urban runabout or the coolest small car out there. In the office we’re liking the thought this morning of an Abarth with 155bhp and a large scorpion logo on the bonnet."

From www.pistonheads.com

Its interesting that its going to be competing with the Mini (in this country atleast) although the "base" model is a little bit cheaper.

-What-
03-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I find it hard to believe that most of you would take a Fiat 500 over a Pontiac Solstice. These are not logical decisions.

Cyco
03-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Explain why a Solstice could possibly be better, and some may agree.

So far all we see is a car that is uglier, make with less quality, made with poorer materials, has worse spec levels, handles worse, and gets worse fuel economy.

The_Canuck
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I find it hard to believe that most of you would take a Fiat 500 over a Pontiac Solstice. These are not logical decisions.

The Solstice is extemely ugly. The 500 is not as ugly.

-What-
03-22-2007, 08:46 PM
So far all we see is a car that is uglier, make with less quality, made with poorer materials, has worse spec levels, handles worse, and gets worse fuel economy.

And you know this because the Fiat has been tested...right?

Shut the hell up. The car is pre-production...how the f*ck do you know about its quality, handling, etc...

The_Canuck
03-22-2007, 08:48 PM

Shut the hell up. The car is pre-production...how the f*ck do you know about its quality, handling, etc...

Can't get worse then the Solstice :p

Cyco
03-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Because when you read the tread its a Panda with a lower centre of gravity and wider track. Both of which improve handling over a car that is already better than the Solstice.

Quality will be typical of a Fiat in that price bracket, which is well known to be above the Solstice

go.pawel
03-23-2007, 01:57 AM
I'd get a 500 over a Solstice any day. Actually, I might get one when they start rolling out of the factory. It's very good looking, has lots of functionality, broad range of options, low fuel consumption (fuel prices are worringly high nowadays), I won't have problems with driving and parking in my city, full of narrow streets and with an ever-present lack of parking spaces. Plus, it will probably be priced very competitively, as usual with small Fiats, esp that it'll be produced here in Poland. As a city car and a fashion statement I think the 500 is fantastic. :)

As for American cars, I may be biased of course, but to me an average American car is a big SUV or a n equally big saloon with mediocre/poor handling, a gas-guzzler with huge amounts of power and torque that somehow doesn't transfer to high speed and goodacceleration. Not to mention that it will most probably have automatic transmission (I don't like them but it's a matter of personal prefferences) and would require at least two average parking spaces.
So yes, give me a 500 over a Solstice any time :)

-What-
03-23-2007, 06:36 PM
To me an average American car is a big SUV or an equally big saloon with mediocre/poor handling, a gas-guzzler with huge amounts of power and torque that somehow doesn't transfer to high speed and goodacceleration. Not to mention that it will most probably have automatic transmission and would require at least two average parking spaces...So yes, give me a 500 over a Solstice any time.

Whatever your dumbass description of "the American vehicle" may be, you definitely didn't describe the Solstice...which is the car of the sub-discussion. *insults removed*

Mr.Tiv
03-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Whatever your dumbass description of "the American vehicle" may be, you definitely didn't describe the Solstice...which is the car of the sub-discussion. *insults removed*

Are you capable of posting without attacking the person/view you are addressing? His discription is by no means dumb. Stereotypical, yes. Dumb, no. A lot of Americans own just what he described; so, how is it a "dumbass description?

Vaigra
03-23-2007, 07:26 PM

Whatever happened to this (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20272)?

go.pawel
03-24-2007, 02:13 AM

1. Looks like you have serious anger management issues.

2. We were never talking solely about Solstice - it was just an example given by you in a wider discussion about reasonability of small European cars and suitability of American cars for European cities. Unless you've been all the time talking on a different subject than the rest of us?

3. You manipulated my post, removing the part "I may be biased of course" which implied that what I was saying was merely my opinion based on stereotypes.

4. All in all, in your post you've managed to break three of this forums' rules, namely: insulting other members, inappropriate language and editing posts. Furthermore let me quote the rule No.1 of the Forum Guidelines:
"A forum is a space for debate and opinion exchanging. Any post that goes beyond the limits of a sane sociability, whether they are rude, insulting, personal attacks or intended to fire up a conversation, can be moderated and its author hold responsible." Something to be considered before making further posts, don't you think?

5. Get lost.

vcsg1
04-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I live in the States and have to say that I dont view the typical stereotype of US cars as being a stereotype. Its largely true. Instead of using new technologies for better effieciency we use it to maximize power. For example average fuel economy of vehicles sold in the US in 2004 was around 24mpg. In contrast the average fuel economy for new european cars is around 43mpg.

The problem I see with americans is that most correlate size/horsepower to status/fun factor. Small cars can be extremely fun and economical. I view european cars as better built, better driving, more focused on road feel and experience, better interiors, built to be cars that are driven not lived in/worked in/mobile drink stations, and more effiecient. Add to that far and above better styling and the choice is obvious to me. (I love the US but our auto industry sucks)

For the record I love the new fiat 500. I think that it is a great design and would buy one if it was possible.

Kitdy
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Now there's a Fiat 500 Police car int eh Netherlands, pic below.

fisetdavid26
12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
They should have bought drakkie's Alto if they were to go the small car way, the Alto can reach 190 km/h apparently.

Ingolstadt
12-19-2007, 11:49 PM

They should have bought drakkie's Alto if they were to go the small car way, the Alto can reach 190 km/h apparently.

Poor Drakkie, but LOL.

Imagine this police car in Die Hard 6, power sliding out of a corner .... hahaha