PDA

View Full Version : Small sample

painterr
12-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Of what one can do with photoshop when they have the right tools!

MRDETROITMETAL
12-06-2006, 09:24 PM
not bad ...also not convincing as a real drawing either. ya can tell it's a computer because of the line quality, long sweeping strokes may have been more convincing tho, ...work it some more cuz your gettin close anyway.

painterr
12-06-2006, 10:35 PM
I understand what you are saying and I could of made the strockes longer but I like them shorter! Oh I have seen some good artist in time past that they did use short strockes. When I was into drawning many many years ago I was working on becoming a commerical artist but life lead me in a different direction I am now a professional painter! I do custom painting. I would be glad to post some of my works.

Blitz_
12-06-2006, 10:58 PM
not bad ...also not convincing as a real drawing either. ya can tell it's a computer because of the line quality, long sweeping strokes may have been more convincing tho, ...work it some more cuz your gettin close anyway.

long sweeping strokes? something your drawings are in dire need of..

MRDETROITMETAL
12-06-2006, 11:32 PM
yeah love to see your painting... short strokes work too but so many tiny ones looks a bit too generated.
Blitz,..you dont even know wat ur sayin...PLZ.

Blitz_
12-06-2006, 11:59 PM
yeah love to see your painting... short strokes work too but so many tiny ones looks a bit too generated.
Blitz,..you dont even know wat ur sayin...PLZ.

you got to be kididng me? seriously? For a 52 year old, you behave, and talk like that of boy whose balls havent dropped yet. automotive design is a mixed bag, there is a plethora of automotive engineers and striving designers whom use long strokes predominately over short strokes. Please.

Kooper
12-07-2006, 07:40 AM

Man, you just have no idea what you're making yourself look like do you?

I feel bad having stood up for you, since it's became quite clear since then you obviously don't deserve it.

Blitz_, once again, sorry dude.

EDIT: And painterr, excellent.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-07-2006, 11:20 AM
automotive design is a mixed bag, there is a plethora of automotive engineers and striving designers whom use long strokes predominately over short strokes.

Blitz ...so now you are the expert huh ? cool.

Not a designer or engineer thats for sure....lol.

I feel bad having stood up for you, since it's became quite clear since then you obviously don't deserve it.

...or you thought you understood it, & now are miffed ?

& painterr, sorry these dwebs have to crap all over every thread about me, ...but I ain't lettin 'em off the hook.

I like what you did alot just thought we may have a disscussion on the use of drawing software and PS efx as such without the personal affronts, but these kids are IMPOSSIBLE...lol !!!

anyway (for your eyes only)...look at this one which is a design study off a photo with drawn redesigned elements & the attached are more various software drawing approches showing my various steps to get to a render
(I'm sure ill get more BS comments but I do hope you can appreciate these anyway srry in advance for the others.).;

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2857/satvue800ue1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2857/satvue800ue1.jpg

Esperante
12-07-2006, 11:25 AM
The only one of those with any sort of quality whatsoever is far too small to give fair judgement to.

SPHFerrari
12-07-2006, 11:26 AM
agreed. please give us a link to your site so we can see some of your real work.

Kooper
12-07-2006, 12:19 PM

Not a designer or engineer thats for sure....lol.

...or you thought you understood it, & now are miffed ?

Oh I understand just fine.

I understand why you've been getting all the flak you've been getting up to now. I understand that your logic is generally illogical. I understand that you've got a strong imagination since you're living in a fantasy world.

I also understand that you can improve if you took the good advice you've been getting up to now to heart, but I don't see that happening for a while...

I also understand that you're not 50+ years old since you've been displaying the mentality of a pre-teen up until now. A pretty intelligent pre-teen, but a pre-teen nontheless. If you are as old as you say you are, get concerned... quick.

What I do like about you is your persistence. Pity you're using it incorrectly.

MRDETROITMETAL
12-07-2006, 01:07 PM
(I'm sure ill get more BS comments but I do hope you can appreciate these (pictures) anyway srry in advance for the others.).;

Bob
12-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Back to the point of the thread (Painterr's pics)... I really like the hand drawn look. First one looks amazing the second isn't perfect but its close.