PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Lancer Sport Sedan

dracu777
12-11-2006, 07:40 AM
2007 DETROIT AUTO SHOW

- NEW LANCER SPORTS SEDAN: FROM SKETCH TO REALITY -

Delivering on its promise, Mitsubishi Motors reveals today the sharp look of its all-new Lancer sports sedan.

Faithful to the previously released sketch, Lancer will bring the dynamic lines of the show-stopping Mitsubishi Concept-X and Concept-Sportback to the showroom. Both unveiled in 2005, they hinted not only at the next generation Mitsubishi compact sports sedans, but also at the next evolution of its design language.

This is readily apparent in Lancer’s front face. Whilst concepts (CZ2, Tarmac Spyder, Pajero* Evolution, etc,…) or production cars (Colt, current Lancer, Grandis, new Outlander etc,…) have clearly established the triangle-shaped 3-Diamond logo as the focal point, the recent US-only Eclipse and Raider brought a first evolution with a larger inverted gaping grille inspired by jet fighters´ air intake. Split into two separate elements (chrome-ringed for the upper part) this Lancer sports sedan grille goes one step further, staging Mitsubishi’s logo at the centre of a new and very iconic front face, highlighted by Concept-X and Concept-Sportback’s trademark shark nose and deep set “eyes”.

The 4,570 m long x 1,760 m wide Lancer sports sedan is based on MMC’s “Project Global” platform, a new flexible architecture that also forms the foundation of the new Outlander.

With its sharp handling and 35 year Lancer sporting credentials, it will be in Europe a new alternative for customers of desirable, heritage-proud, non-mainstream brands in the C-segment: not premium, but different and legitimate.

To be launched in Europe from the fourth quarter of 2007, the Lancer sports sedan family will progressively expand to offer a complete line-up. Split into 4 powertrain levels (entry, mid-range, upper-range and supercar), it will propose 5 different engines, including the VAG-supplied 140 ps – 2.0 litre diesel already fitted to Grandis Di-D and Outlander Di-D.

*Montero in Spain / Shogun in the UK

Key Dimensions:

Wheelbase: 2,635 m

Length: 4,570 m

Height: 1,490 m

Width: 1,760 m

[Sorry for the pixelation in the photos, but that is how they were on the media site]

zeppelin
12-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Wow, I really like it. It's a nice change, as I've always thought the regular Lancer variants were boring; this is aggressive and sporty. I can't wait for the Evolution version of it.

supracrazy410
12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Sorry about this but I can't tell for sure, is this saying that it will be on display at the Detroit Auto Show? Because it says D.A.S. in the title but doesn't say for sure that it will be there.

Just wondering. :o

dracu777
12-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Sorry about this but I can't tell for sure, is this saying that it will be on display at the Detroit Auto Show? Because it says D.A.S. in the title but doesn't say for sure that it will be there.

Just wondering. :o

It is scheduled to be displayed at the Detroit Auto Show.

supracrazy410
12-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok, cool thanks. I just hope it is there for the public days not just the press days (like the FXX was when I went this year) because I'm probably going and I really like the looks of that. Thanks again.

Ferrer
12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I don't think it's anything special. I can think of much better alternatives in its segment.

kingofthering
12-11-2006, 04:41 PM
OMG!!It tEh Bomb wit 2JzGtz Swap + Nirtorus Oxide It SmoKe VIPoRZ wiT POwR to Wight Ratioz!!! :D

digitalcraft
12-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Not nearly as gaping as the original concept vehicle appeared. I actually like this toned down version a lot better. One thing I notice though, is it looks like the cross between a lancer and an RX8.

I hope the evolution version has a bit more burliness to it though, this one is a little too kind looking for my tastes as far as lancers go :P

digitalcraft
12-11-2006, 04:45 PM
I'll have to do a chop when I get home tonight.

Spastik_Roach
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Hello Lexus + Suzuki

dracu777
12-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Hello Lexus + Suzuki

I think from certain angles, the cabin looks more like a Volvo S40/S60, while the back end looks like the Acura TSX (Honda Accord in EU). Either way, it looks a lot better than the outgoing model...especially in non Evo trim.

Vaigra
12-12-2006, 10:02 AM
I'll have to do a chop when I get home tonight.Once again, learn to edit.

Duell
12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
3 new Mitsubishi Lancer photo's :D
I do like the new styling, not to daring but its an improvement.