PDA

View Full Version : PS2 vs XBOX

brb
04-09-2004, 12:00 PM
which of them do you think is the best and why ?????

stratos
04-09-2004, 12:08 PM
PS2 !!!!! Because it haves better car games than Xbox ....

Exemples : GT3 and WRC and Eye Toy :p

EvilPaladin
04-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Do you mean for racing games or for any kind of game ?

lfb666
04-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Atari 2600 is the Best!

Batmobile_Turbo
04-09-2004, 12:25 PM
XBOX is the better system, but PS2 has better games. such as GT4, ans MGS3

UK CARS
04-09-2004, 12:28 PM
both are very good but i prefer Ps2, better games, and i dont like x box pads tooo big!!! though project gotham racing 2, looks superb.........

stratos
04-09-2004, 12:28 PM
I mean for Racing games

Niko_Fx
04-09-2004, 12:35 PM
I voted for PS2 because that's the one that I have and because no racing game in the world beats the GT collection (IMO)

The only game that makes me want to have an X-BOX is the new "Ninja Gaiden" game.

Can't wait for GT4 !

whiteballz
04-09-2004, 02:38 PM
as an owner of both... i think the PS2 has better driving games, so far... project gothem 2 is an OK game, not terific like gt3! i have a gt4 vid of a subaru goin through a rally stage, (low res :( ) and people rush out onto the stage! and take photos then run back to safty! cant wait 2 get them! lmao! rallysport challenge on xbox is good, however the physics engines of most xbox games are hugely made for multiplayer combat games. looses ground there..

PS2!!!

dashers
04-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Ps2 way better(cos ive got one :p )
but if i had the choice again i would get a ps2,because there is better chice of games and i prefer the controller

EvilPaladin
04-10-2004, 02:39 AM
Well, right now, I would tend to prefer the Xbox, 'cause of Project Gotham Racing 2(and the upcoming Rallysport Challenge 2), but maybe I will change that when Gran Turismo 4 comes out.
I own racing games on both platforms, too bad I don't own any on my GameCube.

brb
04-10-2004, 03:29 AM
BTW, i voted for the Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

project gotham racing 2 is better than any of the GT games on PS2 . if you have an Xbox and you dont have that game. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET!!IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whiteballz
04-10-2004, 03:48 AM
gran turismo 3 and 4 (even concept) kick project gotham racing's ass! im sure shifty will agree with me on this, PGR is all good and well, if you like to get bored and loose challenge with the race... even 4 laps gets boring! GT 3/4/C are/will be so much better! more fun then throwing a xbox out the window! (note i am bored) gran turismo four has a engine that has been used by other games, (but has been revised) to allow the cpu cars to get angry and cut you off/ crash into you! its amazing what they can do, the speed sensation in PGR isnt great. GT is just fun. especially the POD race in concept

shifty
04-10-2004, 03:49 AM
Who voted for other? if they did what console is better than PS2/XBOX?

Matra et Alpine
04-10-2004, 04:02 AM
BTW, i voted for the Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

project gotham racing 2 is better than any of the GT games on PS2 . if you have an Xbox and you dont have that game. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET!!IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+Raced on-line and the XBox is the best.
I prefer racing real people and had used the PC predominately for that.
Friends son had 3 friends and Xbox's round and connected to the network and it was superb racing 7 other people.
Computer AI drivers are better but are still predictable. Aggresive AIs can usually be lured with a feint once you work out which ones they respond to :)

whiteballz
04-10-2004, 04:17 AM
ahh BUT gt4 will be online capable, not to mention 500+ cars and 100+ tracks!

GT i think over all is a better package.. i think the "kudos" is a waste of time. not to mention pointless, just a way of getting more cars, which money from winning will do anyway! :D :rolleyes: :p

Suka
04-10-2004, 04:18 AM
Yeah i voted XBOX. My friend couldn't understand why i brought an XBOX, I told him that being funded by a multimillionaire out to create the best console means it probably will be better. Live is superb to.

brb
04-10-2004, 04:48 AM
gran turismo 3 and 4 (even concept) kick project gotham racing's ass! im sure shifty will agree with me on this, PGR is all good and well, if you like to get bored and loose challenge with the race... even 4 laps gets boring! GT 3/4/C are/will be so much better! more fun then throwing a xbox out the window! (note i am bored) gran turismo four has a engine that has been used by other games, (but has been revised) to allow the cpu cars to get angry and cut you off/ crash into you! its amazing what they can do, the speed sensation in PGR isnt great. GT is just fun. especially the POD race in concept

you must be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gt3 is no where near as good as project gotham racing 2!!

challenger
04-10-2004, 07:15 AM
:D i cant wate for HALO 2 to come out on Xbox :D

if an of you have played HALO you will no why!!

carlover
04-10-2004, 08:37 AM
:D i cant wate for HALO 2 to come out on Xbox :D

if an of you have played HALO you will no why!!
HALO is the best game ever, hands down. If I had an Xbox, Project gotham racing 2, Halo, and Halo 2 I would never have to come on this site again! :D :p :cool: :D

Batmobile_Turbo
04-10-2004, 11:32 AM
if anyone has played the MGS series thay will know what i am talking about. anyway, i have liked XBOX a lot better than PS2 for a long time, but now that i have found out that MGS3 and GT4 will be exclusively for PS2 i MUST get a PS2. overall though XBOX is the better system, the internet capabillities are built in and it has a i GB hard drive which eliminates the need for a mem card. plus the rumble feature on the XBOX controllers are way better than any PS2 rumbles. but if i want a PS2 i will have to buy it myself, because my dad wants an XBOX.

Ferrari Tifosi
04-10-2004, 07:01 PM
PS2, definitely, I'm sick of getting ready to play an Xbox game and then a screen comes up that says "Network Error," when there is no F@#$ing network!

Ferrari Tifosi
04-10-2004, 07:02 PM
HALO is the best game ever, hands down. If I had an Xbox, Project gotham racing 2, Halo, and Halo 2 I would never have to come on this site again! :D :p :cool: :D

Halo is a great game and so is PG2, and Halo 2 is going to be awesome, its just those damn Network Errors with no network that drive me nuts!

Suka
04-11-2004, 02:02 AM
PS2, definitely, I'm sick of getting ready to play an Xbox game and then a screen comes up that says "Network Error," when there is no F@#$ing network!
That has never EVER happened to me and i have had mine for at least two years now

whiteballz
04-11-2004, 03:05 AM
halo 2 will rock, im not saying xbox sucks, but the GT series is just so damned good. the second xbox will need a memory card apparently, and will be losing the harddrive.
however the next sony is roumered to have a hard drive, and 4 player ports. (like xbox) and just coz its built by bill gates (xbox im talking bout now) dosent mean its the best, look how often microsoft crashes! :p :D

carlover
04-11-2004, 08:21 AM
halo 2 will rock, im not saying xbox sucks, but the GT series is just so damned good. the second xbox will need a memory card apparently, and will be losing the harddrive.
however the next sony is roumered to have a hard drive, and 4 player ports. (like xbox) and just coz its built by bill gates (xbox im talking bout now) dosent mean its the best, look how often microsoft crashes! :p :D
I think out of all the game systems Xbox crashes the most often. Not kidding. :eek:

Gabman
04-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Gran Turismo 4 has an engine that has been used by other games, (but has been revised) to allow the CPU cars to get angry and cut you off/ crash into you!
They do that in PGR2 too. Nothing special.

and i dont like x box pads tooo big!!!
That's why the S-controller is created. For children, or people with small hands, I was told...

I think out of all the game systems Xbox crashes the most often. Not kidding.
Never happened to me.

Yessir, I chose the Xbox. :D

cuntukimushroom
04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
as you can see the XBOX is better you can listen to music on the XBOX you drive the ferrari enzo on the XBOX (the game is project gotham racing2) :)

Quiggs
04-12-2004, 11:59 AM
PS2. GT3 was great. GT4 will be great. Then there's the GTA series, which till recently was PS2 only. Before I got my PS2, I was looking at Xbox and GameCube. PS2 had the simplest controller; it fit my hand and didn't feel awkward.

But the greatest system of all time has to be SNES. Zelda, Top Gear, Mario Kart. 'Nuff said. :p

Sweeney921
04-12-2004, 12:03 PM
i used to play gotham 2 online, but my mom made me end my subscription to live

Batmobile_Turbo
04-12-2004, 12:46 PM
That's why the S-controller is created. For children, or people with small hands, I was told...
actually those controllers were made especially for the japanese market (of people with smaller hands) and also for other people with smaller hands. anyway mushroom guy has a point, you can listen to music that is taken from a CD whilst you lpay your games. but since i have found out that GT4 will have cars like the Lamborghini murceilago, and the VW super beetle, i MUST get a PS2.

NAZCA C2
04-12-2004, 01:01 PM
PS2 has the Gran Turismo and Grand Theft series and those are the only games I care about. The PS2 is built like a piece of S*&!, I am on my 3rd playstation in about 3 years (PSone lasts forever). My playstation also scratches games that I play often and now I can't play GT2 cause the CD has a bunch of perfectly circle scratches etched into it. I'll stick with PC games like Tom Clancy's: Rainbow 6 series until GT3 comes out.

dashers
04-12-2004, 04:46 PM
you mean GT4 right?

Sweeney921
04-12-2004, 04:55 PM
dude ive had my psone for about 6 years and it is dead

ENZOMAN
04-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Who voted for other? if they did what console is better than PS2/XBOX?

i voted for other, i like the Gamecube better than the X-box and PS2 for racing games because of the controller being more confortable and because the G-cube has faster frames per second, thus increasing the graphic quality during racing

my favorite racing game so far is NFS Underground, that game is sooo cool
but for PS2 i love GT3, especially the test drive of the new Viper GTSR

The Tuner
04-12-2004, 09:57 PM
i prefer pc to ps2 and xbox, but both are pretty amazin.
anywyz, i came across a lovely line last nite, hope its not a repost):
wats the similarity between xbox (or ps2) and jackson?
both are made of plastic and get turned on by little boys!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Suka
04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
The memory card will be like a Floppy Disk with Flash memory. The disks can be as big as 10gb i think. Microsoft have said that if the PS3 has a hard drive then so will the XBOX 2.

dEUS
04-13-2004, 10:05 AM
the best console for me is the ps 2! I have a friend that said that the best console is the x box, because he said that the loading time in the x box is smaller, and have the possibility of save music and movies in the console! I have to admit that this is a positive point for the x box that the ps 2 donīt have! But about the loading time I said to him: "the x box have the small reload time, but that doesnīt matter because you play the game at the same in the ps 2!

About the games I think that nobody disagreed whit me that the ps 2 have the best games and the best anallog controller to play!!!

And remember ALWAYS Metal Gear Solid & Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty.

I like others games too, but for me Metal Gear is one of the best games ever made!!!

DarkPhenix
04-14-2004, 01:20 PM
PS2 because have the best games... :cool:

byronleehk
04-14-2004, 01:47 PM
My vote goes to PS2.

I only have a PSone now but when GT4 becomes available I'll get me a PS2. It's also backward competible so my older PSone games will not go to waste.

junaman
04-14-2004, 07:22 PM
I reckon Xbox is the best.
I have a Gamecube and its pretty good too.

Gabman
04-21-2004, 01:53 AM
PS2 has the Gran Turismo and Grand Theft series and those are the only games I care about.
Recently GTA3 and Vice City has been launched for Xbox, both games should be mighty improved graphically.

I only have a PSone now but when GT4 becomes available I'll get me a PS2. It's also backward competible so my older PSone games will not go to waste.
Remember to keep your old memory cards. If you want to play PS1 games on the PS2, you will need memory cards which support the old ones. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

Suka
04-21-2004, 02:02 AM
The XBOX is just more powerful with better graphics! Its a FACT!

whiteballz
04-21-2004, 02:37 AM
the xbox has a bigger drive etc so of course its got better graphics. as an owner of both, they both have their own merits, and as such i say BOTH are the best consoles, because honestly who loves the gamecube? lmao

btw ive had my ps one coming up on six years, and its still going well! (my sister uses it now)