PDA

View Full Version : G35

coolieman1220
12-19-2006, 07:56 PM
So as you all know, the G35 is a great car. My parents own a 2003 4dr and in a matter of a year when i am legal to drive it will be my transportation. However, while i was changing the oil this past weekend, i ventured into the fusebox in the engine bay and looked at it. I saw that one fuse said HICAS. now i noticed there was no fuse presentt but i thougght to myselff, HICAS is familiar. I then reaaliized that nissan calls their rear steering HICAS. What bewildered me was that as far as i knew, only later year coupes had HICAS, the sedans didn't. Did infiniti make it with it but only make it available later on? Does anybody know anything else about this? or can enlighten me? thanks. Also to put a feautre on a car and offer it later on doens't make much marketing sense to me.

Cyco
12-19-2006, 09:58 PM
It would be cheapest for Nissan to make the 1 fuse box for all models, but there would be no circuit on the back if the feature isn't fitted.

Vindesh17
12-19-2006, 10:47 PM
If it did actually have rear steering capabilities it would have been advertised so don't worry about it.

hec16
12-20-2006, 09:57 AM
If it did actually have rear steering capabilities it would have been advertised so don't worry about it.
thats a good point

h00t_h00t
12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
It would be cheapest for Nissan to make the 1 fuse box for all models, but there would be no circuit on the back if the feature isn't fitted.
This is correct, it is also why there are other blank spaces in your car's fusebox.