PDA

View Full Version : SIGs

Batmobile_Turbo
04-10-2004, 01:25 AM
why aren't we able to make things in color,larger/smaller or different fonts in our sigs , but there are the controls there?
the only reason i can think of is keeping the forums professional looking, but i think if the fonts and sizes were left out it would be fine with changing colors.

Suka
04-10-2004, 04:22 AM
I agree.

henk4
04-10-2004, 07:40 AM
I agree.

what's that cooper bristol doing in your profile?

carlover
04-10-2004, 08:41 AM
My sig is the longest. :p

henk4
04-10-2004, 08:56 AM

Pity it does not show on the screen.

Batmobile_Turbo
04-10-2004, 11:03 AM
how do you put pictures into your profile anyway?

Egg Nog
04-10-2004, 12:42 PM

One of its downfalls, if you ask me... :rolleyes:

Suka
04-11-2004, 02:18 AM
I love the car so much, it was my grandads one. He raced it but unfortunatly he didn't have the kind of money needed to make it as fast as the rest of the field so he sold it. He used to have a Bently that he raced but it was so much faster than everything else he raced he won every time. He just wanted a bit more of a challenge so he sold it and got the Cooper Bristol. Bit of more than he could chew.
LJJ 12 is him in the Bently.

henk4
04-11-2004, 01:29 PM
I love the car so much, it was my grandads one. He raced it but unfortunatly he didn't have the kind of money needed to make it as fast as the rest of the field so he sold it. He used to have a Bently that he raced but it was so much faster than everything else he raced he won every time. He just wanted a bit more of a challenge so he sold it and got the Cooper Bristol. Bit of more than he could chew.
LJJ 12 is him in the Bently.

What a nice story, the Bentley looks rather more like a post war special, so I am not surprised that your grandpa won everything against the pre-war cars.
Do you know more of the history of the Cooper? You probably know that these cars are still being raced in the Historics, and I have got a number of pictures. Is it known whether "your" car is still being raced? I like the story that current lap times with the Coopers are much faster than for instance when Hawthorn was still driving, mainly due to improved tyres, but I think the get more out of the engine then ever before.

Suka
04-12-2004, 02:10 AM
What a nice story, the Bentley looks rather more like a post war special, so I am not surprised that your grandpa won everything against the pre-war cars.
Do you know more of the history of the Cooper? You probably know that these cars are still being raced in the Historics, and I have got a number of pictures. Is it known whether "your" car is still being raced? I like the story that current lap times with the Coopers are much faster than for instance when Hawthorn was still driving, mainly due to improved tyres, but I think the get more out of the engine then ever before.
The Bently nomally looked like the car on the left, before races, being such a racing nut!, he used to strip it of everything unnecessary like lights and wheel arches and put those great big fat tyres on them. I can still remember the day he sold the Bentley, we went to Stansted airport because the bloke that was buying it came from Ireland i think. Once he had a good look round he decided to buy it a gave a date of when the transporter would come and pick it up, i asked my dad if we could go over and watch it get put on, my grandad let me sit on his lap and steer it up the drive towards the transporter. That was the closest i got to driving it! :( (crys). As for the cooper bristol i am not sure about the state of it now i know very little about who he sold it to. All i know is that he sold it to a......human. :D Seriously i really don't know much. I have managed to find another picture of my Grandads Bristol and a picture of his other Bentley, this one wasn't so good.

henk4
04-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Looking at the Bentley pic, it looks like it was taken during the 80's at Silverstone, so I guess your Granddad bought the Cooper later. When did this all take place? Is your Granddad still alive so you could ask him? I found four pics of Coopers, taken at the end of the eighties and one at Silverstone in 1996 or 1997 but there have been quite a lot of them so it's unlikely to be the same car..

Suka
04-12-2004, 02:42 AM
Looking at the Bentley pic, it looks like it was taken during the 80's at Silverstone, so I guess your Granddad bought the Cooper later. When did this all take place? Is your Granddad still alive so you could ask him? I found four pics of Coopers, taken at the end of the eighties and one at Silverstone in 1996 or 1997 but there have been quite a lot of them so it's unlikely to be the same car..
The pic was taken at Silverstone but it must have been taken in the 90's because i was born in 1988.

ZerK
04-12-2004, 10:05 AM
why aren't we able to make things in color,larger/smaller or different fonts in our sigs , but there are the controls there?
the only reason i can think of is keeping the forums professional looking, but i think if the fonts and sizes were left out it would be fine with changing colors.

Yeah, I don't see why we can't have vB code in our sigs. At RSC most people use the code to make their sigs look really cool with subtle colouring and the like, no size 7 red text. The occasional person who des slap huge red writing everywhere just gets a friendly PM from a mod to downsize a bit. They used to have [img] linking in sigs as well but all that was stopped because people were putting un-56k-friendly images in sigs.

But I don't see what the problem would be having vB in sigs :)

Matra et Alpine
04-12-2004, 02:23 PM
But I don't see what the problem would be having vB in sigs :)
We've been round this before.
VB can leave a huge hole in your PC security.
Personally I prefer to have a forum NOT have embedded VB than rely on the firewall and scanners to trap any malicious attempts.
NOBODY runs VB on my PC :)