PDA

View Full Version : UCP Awards (2006) - Best Photographer [Voting]

Rockefella
12-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Vote for UltimateCarPage.com's best Photographer.

drakkie
12-30-2006, 05:36 AM
RoX for the win :) Too bad he is rarely on anymore...

ribatejo69
12-30-2006, 06:03 PM
I voted my self :) in fact I have in my personnal car's pic data base a lot of very very good pic's, and not one of all is take by my self :o . Not one, and in the store have strange, beautifull, nice, pretty, shivery "máquinas", some onde for a clear mind masturbation, other's for shame by living in the planet of mr. Chris Bangle :mad: but, the thread is about the 'best photographer", and let´s go for the official votting poll, in case I open the pencil and let's go kill the silent hermit, lonely 'thief' of car's pic's... eheh
Ok, by the reason in top I vote in all:eek: thanks a lot for all the good photos you avaiable to go public for the participants.

And, in the end of the year (classic, but...) some fine words towards UCP participants without exception. My firts active steeps in UCP's walk have a lot of handycaps: very very bad english, zero experience in forums by this format, the reported kleptomania about things in jpg. and four whells :D , and, last I think, a lot of pic's for share in short format (but very nices, I insist), sum confusion about what "hi-res thread" can say, accurately.
Well, in all of the cases, in my exotic :D english and my seasonal entusiasm whit the words, others ways in threads or replys whit attachment of pic's (nices!) not by the law, shorty's
Either this either that I find help and sound of good piece of advice. Thank for all. Special for McReis and Henk (I remember this two nicks, but my mind say have another I can't remember now...:), who incluse give my private messages whit recommendations and wellcame good luck! :)
UCP is a good place for daily hours of enjoyment by this way of life, nice. And '07 will be better, is my wish for the new UCP year.;)

for the statistics: one vote for the moment leader, Black300ZX (but I don't like this car, jap's tupperware :p )

Carlos Gil "ribatejo69"

PS: in Noel my favorit gift was a dictionary... just "one hour" and two Premium Pils and this reply is by my praide!

Vaigra
12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Sauc3 gets my vote. The best photographer on UCP IMO. The fool just never posts any of his stuff on UCP :p

my porsche
12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Since there is no Drakkie option, Piacki.

ZeTurbo
12-31-2006, 08:23 AM
wouter!

LotusLocost
12-31-2006, 08:52 AM
wouter!

seconded...
this poll needs some editing...!!

sorry guys.. but piackis pics are NOT better than wouters... in any ways...
No offend to you piacki..

If you are a member that thinks so... You should leave this forum, and start spending some more time on the front page..

</end new years rant>

my porsche
12-31-2006, 09:22 AM
sorry guys.. but piackis pics are NOT better than wouters... in any ways...
No offend to you piacki..

</end new years rant>
In the auto competitions yes, but in the general one? His pictures always have stunning color and perfect focus/sharpness and good composition

henk4
12-31-2006, 09:33 AM
In the auto competitions yes, but in the general one? His pictures always have stunning color and perfect focus/sharpness and good composition

how can you compare? Did Wouter ever enter the non-automotive competition?

my porsche
12-31-2006, 09:39 AM
how can you compare? Did Wouter ever enter the non-automotive competition?
I don't recall, don't get me wrong, your son is an amazing car photographer, but since I usually enter/view the general competition, I see more of Piacki's and less of Wouter's. So just based on what I've seen is how I voted. I guess the different subject matter is what makes it hard to compare, because while Piacki's typical "nice car in front of a nice restaurant" shots are good, Wouter's are almost always better. Maybe you should get him to enter a general competition! Then we can have a direct comparison! :D

henk4
12-31-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't recall, don't get me wrong, your son is an amazing car photographer, but since I usually enter/view the general competition, I see more of Piacki's and less of Wouter's. So just based on what I've seen is how I voted. I guess the different subject matter is what makes it hard to compare, because while Piacki's typical "nice car in front of a nice restaurant" shots are good, Wouter's are almost always better. Maybe you should get him to enter a general competition! Then we can have a direct comparison! :D

this being an automotive forum you just about shot yourself in the foot:D

my porsche
12-31-2006, 10:02 AM
Don't talk back old man.

:p Ok so Wouter's entry this week, of the 4 Deusenbergs (sp?)...about how much is a one of those...? $250,000? More?

henk4
12-31-2006, 10:04 AM
Don't talk back old man.

No manners in the US of A?

my porsche
12-31-2006, 10:10 AM
No manners in the US of A?
Sir of course I have manners, I was acting in a facetious manner.

Back to the car question, anyway, however much they are, I'm sure they are alot, and the picture reminded me I was at a car show a long time ago and I saw this guy get out of one and just start screaming at his wife ridiculously loud, and i walked over and there was a huge chunk taken out of the fender. :p It was pretty funny if you were there, can understand how its not if you weren't. :p

henk4
12-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Sir of course I have manners, I was acting in a facetious manner.

Back to the car question, anyway, however much they are, I'm sure they are alot, and the picture reminded me I was at a car show a long time ago and I saw this guy get out of one and just start screaming at his wife ridiculously loud, and i walked over and there was a huge chunk taken out of the fender. :p It was pretty funny if you were there, can understand how its not if you weren't. :p

If you take a good look at the picture you will notice that there is only one Duesenberg (worth certainly over a million US$ as it is a one-off body), but it is reflected three times...

my porsche
12-31-2006, 12:49 PM
If you take a good look at the picture you will notice that there is only one Duesenberg (worth certainly over a million US$ as it is a one-off body), but it is reflected three times...
Oh no i know, by "one of them" i meant one of the ones in existance.

henk4
12-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Oh no i know, by "one of them" i meant one of the ones in existance.

let's say between 1 and 2 mln for one....

my porsche
12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Wow...what makes them so desireable? To me, at least, they don't seem that desireable.

LotusLocost
01-01-2007, 05:46 AM

I feel that wouters excellent automotive pics outdo any pic from Piacki..

dydzi
01-01-2007, 06:32 AM
the boss imo. wouter's pics are best from a technical point of view and i know he has a great knowledge about photographing. maybe his pics are less spectacular but, as i understand, their aim is to document certain cars/details of them.

same goes to henk:)

Jack_Bauer
01-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow...what makes them so desireable? To me, at least, they don't seem that desireable.
Duesenbergs were amongst the most exclusive, opulent, expensive and most powerful cars on the planet in their pre-war heyday. They were perhaps the defining status symbol of "Roaring Twenties" American 'boom' wealth. They were easily on a par with the big European sportscar names like Bentley or Bugatti. I guess the most powerful supercharged Dueseys were the 30s' equivalent of the Bugatti Veyron in terms of their monstrous power and equally monstrous pricetag. They were the playthings of the very rich and famous and many have a list of superstar former owners, which only serves to further increase the auction value. They really are spectacular and very rare cars, to a classic car collector they are every bit as desirable as the big European names.

Cotterik
01-02-2007, 01:14 PM
this is only a handful of the whole bunch of great photographers on this forum